One Day of Winter #3 Queen Raven still ruling the roost.... even the Pea has reproduced.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I rarely comment on here and I don't like to comment on people's parenting but I just had to in this case. I've followed Nicola for years on instagram and she's a member of the breastfeeding group on facebook I'm in. I'm a mum of 3 and kind of 'fell' into attachment parenting with my first baby [he's 9.5 now!]. My kids are 9 and a half, 4 and a half and 12 months old. Co slept with them all, breastfed them all [eldest until he was 4, 2nd until she was 3.5].
However attachment parenting isn't letting your child do what they want. My son was attached at the hip to me for years but he had boundaries. He was disciplined. He had 3 square meals a day and was dressed and tidy every day. Same with my daughter- she's 5 in October this year and starts school in September, she's at preschool 2.5 days a week.
I know she doesn't plan to send Raven to 'conventional' school but she still needs rules and boundaries. Children thrive on routine and knowing what so expect. Even is Raven is homeschooled, she will still surely go to events and go to work etc. She will still interact with society.
I just feel like she's doing Raven a big disservice.
And don't get me started on how hard it is with a newborn ... I had a newborn last year, 3 weeks before lockdown 😂 I was homeschooling, I had a 3 year old and I had a newborn baby. Nothing open, no family allowed, no bubbles allowed, no preschool open - but we were up, dressed, ready to go everyday.
Sorry for the essay!

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I forgot to add, I stopped breastfeeding when my next baby was born. My 1st was 5 when his sister was born - we stopped breastfeeding when I was pregnant and my milk dried up and I just couldn't take it. My 2nd stopped breastfeeding a year ago aged 3.5 when my son was born. I just couldn't juggle the tandem feeding and co sleeping. So we got her a bed and lovely princess bedding when I was pregnant and progressively she spent more time in there until she was going to bed in there and sleeping through the night when I'd just had the baby. She was 3.5 at the time so she understood when I told her that I loved her very much but the new baby needed mummy's milk more because it couldn't have proper food like she did and relied on mummy's milk all the time. She's not fed in a year but we still have a lots of cuddles.
I'm a big breastfeeding advocate and extended breastfeeding advocate but I do think you need to step back and re evaluate when it's affecting you, your children etc.

Reactions: 14
I forgot to add, I stopped breastfeeding when my next baby was born. My 1st was 5 when his sister was born - we stopped breastfeeding when I was pregnant and my milk dried up and I just couldn't take it. My 2nd stopped breastfeeding a year ago aged 3.5 when my son was born. I just couldn't juggle the tandem feeding and co sleeping. So we got her a bed and lovely princess bedding when I was pregnant and progressively she spent more time in there until she was going to bed in there and sleeping through the night when I'd just had the baby. She was 3.5 at the time so she understood when I told her that I loved her very much but the new baby needed mummy's milk more because it couldn't have proper food like she did and relied on mummy's milk all the time. She's not fed in a year but we still have a lots of cuddles.
I'm a big breastfeeding advocate and extended breastfeeding advocate but I do think you need to step back and re evaluate when it's affecting you, your children etc.
You sound a lot more sensible than Pea. She seems intent on making life as difficult for herself as possible.

Reactions: 5
Pea is just a lazy parent 🤷🏻‍♀️ Sucks to say but she tries to come across as this all knowing, all doing, messy play queen. But it all seems quite lazy to me. Ice Lolly for breakfast? Lazy, make some nice pancakes with fruit, she often feeds her stuff she can grab like 3 yogurts, an orange and an apple for lunch, it’s just all sugar, I find it lazy. Make her a sandwich. No routine, it’s just lazy to not put effort into making things easier for your family by implementing some routine. She doesn’t teach her anything, road safety (I’ve seen her crossing the traffic lights near her house) it’s scary to watch. So actually all this pretentious motherhood tit doesn’t wash with me. I could sit on the sofa and let my kids trash the house, eat sugar for meals and run off from me when out and about but I don’t. We are all lazy sometimes, but she is ALL the time. But likes to present it as ‘gentle parenting’. It’s not, I’m a gentle parent and it really isn’t how she portrays it.

Reactions: 17
I think the comments aren't about not understanding the sling, they look like a brilliant idea when necessary. It's that she seems to use it rather than hold Ember. When you're sat on the sofa just glazed over, watching TV, why on earth would you not want to hold your baby, look at their face, poke their little features, hold their tiny hands?

When Raven went to snap Ember's head off I was like Oh God! 😂
I hadn't a clue what R was saying as she climbed into that pen. And she shouldn't need such an elaborate activity just to get dinner in the slow cooker! The whole time Nicola was talking about setting up the activity, R was nowhere to be seen and quiet. Do the chores then?
I bet their oven is like new, they've never had a meal out the slow cook. So many wet foods 😑 nothing against the liner though, I too don't wash pots I don't need to wash 😂
When she leaned forward and Ember's head started to lean back, I tensed my bum. It makes me so uncomfortable. Then back on the sofa with Ember's neck bent at an odd angle. Why is such a simple thing so hard for her?

Reactions: 8
I think the comments aren't about not understanding the sling, they look like a brilliant idea when necessary. It's that she seems to use it rather than hold Ember. When you're sat on the sofa just glazed over, watching TV, why on earth would you not want to hold your baby, look at their face, poke their little features, hold their tiny hands?

When Raven went to snap Ember's head off I was like Oh God! 😂
I hadn't a clue what R was saying as she climbed into that pen. And she shouldn't need such an elaborate activity just to get dinner in the slow cooker! The whole time Nicola was talking about setting up the activity, R was nowhere to be seen and quiet. Do the chores then?
I bet their oven is like new, they've never had a meal out the slow cook. So many wet foods 😑 nothing against the liner though, I too don't wash pots I don't need to wash 😂
When she leaned forward and Ember's head started to lean back, I tensed my bum. It makes me so uncomfortable. Then back on the sofa with Ember's neck bent at an odd angle. Why is such a simple thing so hard for her?
Exactly 👏🏼👏🏼 Well said.

Reactions: 3
I think the comments aren't about not understanding the sling, they look like a brilliant idea when necessary. It's that she seems to use it rather than hold Ember. When you're sat on the sofa just glazed over, watching TV, why on earth would you not want to hold your baby, look at their face, poke their little features, hold their
yes this is exactly my view. Slings are great but if you can hug properly, why not?

Reactions: 5
yes this is exactly my view. Slings are great but if you can hug properly, why not?
This is what I was getting at.
Why does she need her hands free when she's sat and the sofa doing bob and R is not there.
Snuggle her, squish her.
Like I said I used a sling, I carried my daughter in a pre school carrier until I became too ill to do so.
I love it, I'm a big advocate for it.
But nicola is just lazy

Reactions: 4
I use a slow cooker liner. I'm not lazy, I'm disabled 👍 It makes things much easier for me and washing the pan isn't as easy for some as it is for others.
Obviously I didn’t mean to offend you so apologies if I did. However, she doesn’t not wash pans because it isn’t easy for her, she’s never mentioned having a disability or anything that prohibits cleaning, in fact she has a dishwasher doesn’t she as she mentioned it breaking?

That story with R hanging off a sausage nip and experiencing REM was so unnecessary. *Shudders* tell her no! She doesn't NEED it and Nicola is suffering with aversion isn't she?

• Haha
That story with R hanging off a sausage nip and experiencing REM was so unnecessary. *Shudders* tell her no! She doesn't NEED it and Nicola is suffering with aversion isn't she?
And R had her little mitts on the boob that ember was feeding from too. Almost a "my precious" moment!

Reactions: 7
Ice lollies for breakfast... just no. Say no.

Some uber crunchies are big advocates of letting kids eat whatever they want, whenever they want. They believe that kids instinctively know what their bodies need, and if they want ice cream for breakfast, it’s OK, because their bodies will crave vegetables later.

(My children’s bodies would instinctively ask for biscuits, cake and chocolate for every meal).

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I literally said 'oh duck no' at that clip of her tandem nursing. I know crunchy parents will take offence, but there is such a stark difference between a baby nursing and a literal child that I see why some people say it gives them the ick. I can just imagine R's little whiny voice 'no mummy I have milk too!' :sick:

Reactions: 12
I literally said 'oh duck no' at that clip of her tandem nursing. I know crunchy parents will take offence, but there is such a stark difference between a baby nursing and a literal child that I see why some people say it gives them the ick. I can just imagine R's little whiny voice 'no mummy I have milk too!' :sick:
I think what you meant was 'squeak squeak whine *indecipherable whinge* mummy!'

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Oh my god that picture... genuinely don’t have an opinion on when someone should breastfeed till. You do you. But Raven deserves some bleeping privacy, she doesn’t need her nursing for a nap broadcast to the bleeping world. I cannot fathom how she is so ~gentle and yet has no boundaries for her children and what she will and won’t share. That photo is so intimate I almost feel like it’s intrusive to look at it.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Oh my god that picture... genuinely don’t have an opinion on when someone should breastfeed till. You do you. But Raven deserves some bleeping privacy, she doesn’t need her nursing for a nap broadcast to the bleeping world. I cannot fathom how she is so ~gentle and yet has no boundaries for her children and what she will and won’t share. That photo is so intimate I almost feel like it’s intrusive to look at it.
It just feels like there is something wrong about it.
It's very uncomfortable

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.