One Day of Winter #3 Queen Raven still ruling the roost.... even the Pea has reproduced.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Imagine being so smug about your parenting choices and then doing something so thick.

Reactions: 8
I've checked the .gov website, and legally you can put a baby rear facing in the front seat if the airbag is off.

As previously mentioned though, she doesn't seem to particularly give a tit about car seat safety. She turned Raven forward facing very early on, in a second hand car seat, both of which go against all safety recommendations. But hey, who cares about your kids safety when you're on Instagram bragging about your latest market place purchase? 🙄😒 I have no problem with most second hand baby stuff, we had loads, but not when it comes to something that could potentially save your kid's life.

She also used a hired car seat when they went on holiday that looked neither safe nor clean. Most airlines will allow you a car seat as part of your luggage allowance, so she could easily have taken their own.

Reactions: 10
My little boy is always talking about a boy in his nursery who snatches. He keeps saying "we don't like *** as he snatches the toys. We don't play with him he's naughty". He said it consistently for months and he loves all the other kids in there so this boy must be bad!
I had a child at nursery with behavioural issues and they were being dealt with, however if something happened in the room or if we said stop hitting or don't break our toys, the children would all pipe up and say "Graham did it" even when the poor lad wasn't in. He left and went to reception and the children still said it!

That reputation is hard to shift so Raven is going to be an absolute delight as she gets older.

I live in Derby, not far from Pea and I know exactly where she lives - I’ve looked up how much the houses on that estate sold for and it’s on average around £240,000 so not on the cheap side, but I think that’s average for Derby, I wonder whether they got help towards their deposit as they were renting for years before, and it’s difficult to save for a deposit whilst renting.

Im really curious, how did you end up coming across her thread? You said you were a lurker, but your profile says you only just joined today - are other people who know her aware of her thread on here at all?!
Nicola said on one of her stories that she loves living in the country side, how rural is she?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
I had a child at nursery with behavioural issues and they were being dealt with, however if something happened in the room or if we said stop hitting or don't break our toys, the children would all pipe up and say "Graham did it" even when the poor lad wasn't in. He left and went to reception and the children still said it!

That reputation is hard to shift so Raven is going to be an absolute delight as she gets older.

Nicola said on one of her stories that she loves living in the country side, how rural is she?
Literally lives nowhere near the bloody country side. What a twit.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 9

She’s not rural at all 😂 she lives a few minutes from Derby city centre!

• Haha
Reactions: 7
She lives next to an industrial estate and a very very busy dual carriageway I think, like on its doorstep. Which is fine, not having a go at where she lives, but it’s not rural in the slightest, very urban.

I did wonder. The views from her garden and front window aren't exactly of rolling fields of green!
I really can’t stand it when people portray a fake ideal. The reality of this post is that she practically lives on an industrial estate, can’t be arsed to dress Raven so she’s got her naked butt on the already rank sofa 🤢 and they’ve all got baby food for dinner.

• Haha
The fact that she thinks she live in the country side/rurally makes me lol
I don’t think she does think that. I think she thinks that nobody will know that she’s full of tit when actually a lot people know exactly where she lives because she posted it on Instagram when they moved in...someone should ask her if she’s moved 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I did wonder. The views from her garden and front window aren't exactly of rolling fields of green!

She’s such a head! Since when was a stroll near the local shopping precinct walking in the countryside 😂 I just have no words for what a twit she is!

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Swear if I went to a soft play with my son and he said Damian had hit him I'd be straight over to Nicola, if she started saying all that crap about ohh its expressing herself I'd smack her one

• Haha
I do worry how “extreme” gentle parenting prepares wee ones for the ungentle world we live in. I think gentle parenting is in general really great and hopefully we see a world of more kind and compassionate adults in the future as a result! However there’s school, work, all that. Sometimes you just need to do tit you don’t want to do but theoretically you have to. Even if the person asking is a head. Even if you can’t be bothered. Kids should definitely be kids and ain’t nothing wrong with a bit of naked tv time etc but how is this going to progress?! How long does R get to do whatever she wants?!

Reactions: 12
I think it’s important to remember how Nicola does GP isn’t how most do. It’s mainly about acknowledging emotions and giving autonomy where you can, not only doing what you want and never hearing the word no. In the GP group I’m in someone posted about wanting to be gentle and being child led in when they eat as a family and when the toddler goes to bed, she’s 20 months! Way too young to make such big decisions! Some people just don’t get boundaries are so bleeping important with parenting in general. You have to brush your teeth, you have to go to school, etc.

Reactions: 14
She honestly has no time for Instagram. Honestly.

Like Instagram is important when you have a newborn and toddler? Wake up Nicola.

Reactions: 5
She has no idea how ppl do it? Usually we implement rules, routines, boundaries, clean up as we go, multi task with putting a wash in whilst the toddler watches TV. Do a few activities but encourage toddler to play alone. It's quite easy really 😅

• Heart
Reactions: 13
She has no idea how ppl do it? Usually we implement rules, routines, boundaries, clean up as we go, multi task with putting a wash in whilst the toddler watches TV. Do a few activities but encourage toddler to play alone. It's quite easy really 😅
We’re bleeping knackered multitasking ninjas that’s how...

We’re bleeping knackered multitasking ninjas that’s how...
I had 3 under 4 when my youngest was born and breastfed them all. I was soooo tired but my house was reasonably tidy and clean, the washing was done and I showered everyday WITHOUT fail. My husband works really long hours and I have no family support so I did most days alone with the kids. You just put your big girl pants on and get on with it.
Rules/boundaries and set routine are everything imo. Come 7pm, all the kids are in bed and it works.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.