One Day of Winter #3 Queen Raven still ruling the roost.... even the Pea has reproduced.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It seems to me like Dean is pushed out. It’s not that he isn’t doing anything. It’s that he’s not allowed.

I do understand slightly because sometimes I’m like ‘oh for gods sake, I’ll just do it’ with my husband. But it isn’t like he doesn’t do anything. And I would 100% be asking for help in the trenches of newborn/preschooler chaos.

Reactions: 10
I know them...well used to. Dean is honestly such a nice guy - he’s a bit shy. I never really clicked with Pea (knew Dean first).

When they lost Winter I reached out to her and understandably she was devastated. We then lost our baby and I reached out to her again in hope of being able to talk to someone who could relate and offer similar tones of sympathy.

I asked her if she’d like to get together but just got a load of coping mechanism tosh, a feeling that her loss was greater than mine and how I SHOULD be feeling and how connecting on Instagram would help me (I’m just not this kind of person).

I did carry on following her for a little while but then unfollowed her because of the gentle parenting shite (I’m gentle with boundaries) and the constant baby loss triggers. Having lost my own baby, I would put a trigger warning on if I was to ever share photos just because of the emotional wave that I know I get when I come across anything baby loss related. But I feel the photographs are personal to me & my family and they don’t depict that my baby has passed in them but I think baby loss captioning can be just as triggering...

Have been lurking/pondering about posting for a while with knowing them so will just be careful what I say 😬

Although saying that Dean is a nice guy doesn’t make up for the fact he’s notably absent from pretty much everything

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
I know them...well used to. Dean is honestly such a nice guy - he’s a bit shy. I never really clicked with Pea (knew Dean first).

When they lost Winter I reached out to her and understandably she was devastated. We then lost our baby and I reached out to her again in hope of being able to talk to someone who could relate and offer similar tones of sympathy.

I asked her if she’d like to get together but just got a load of coping mechanism tosh, a feeling that her loss was greater than mine and how I SHOULD be feeling and how connecting on Instagram would help me (I’m just not this kind of person).

I did carry on following her for a little while but then unfollowed her because of the gentle parenting shite (I’m gentle with boundaries) and the constant baby loss triggers. Having lost my own baby, I would put a trigger warning on if I was to ever share photos just because of the emotional wave that I know I get when I come across anything baby loss related. But I feel the photographs are personal to me & my family and they don’t depict that my baby has passed in them but I think baby loss captioning can be just as triggering...

Have been lurking/pondering about posting for a while with knowing them so will just be careful what I say 😬

Although saying that Dean is a nice guy doesn’t make up for the fact he’s notably absent from pretty much everything
Sorry to hear that you lost your baby ❤❤❤

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I just had that on loud and said to my husband what do you think of her and he said
She sounds like a turd .
First world problems.
Who is she trying to appeal to

• Haha
Reactions: 8
One freaking cot sheet?!?!?!!

Our baby isnt even here yet and I have 4 cot sheets, 5 packets of nappies and 5 wipes with parents on call to bring more if needed. She just loves to make tit difficult for herself so she can whine

Reactions: 6
I don’t know why but her talking stories almost seemed a bit forced today. Like she wants people to think she can do everything and anything and still be there for the little ones. Probably the reason she isn’t showing Dean as much either. Like she wants us to know she does it all. Think she needs to realise that people won’t think she’s a terrible mother asking for help.

Reactions: 3

I'm so sorry for your loss. I too reached out to her when we lost our first baby and got the same response near enough. Made to feel that her grief for Winter was bigger than the grief I was experiencing. She comes across as incredibly patronising

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I'm so sorry for your loss. I too reached out to her when we lost our first baby and got the same response near enough. Made to feel that her grief for Winter was bigger than the grief I was experiencing. She comes across as incredibly patronising
Thank you & I’m so sorry for your loss too ❤ I just think she put herself in that position of inviting others to speak out and then isn’t interested. Could be a trigger for her but still no need to invalidate other people’s losses. I actually think it’s quite damaging for her to portray this support. You write a book and everyone thinks you know what you’re on about! Perhaps there’s a sense of de-sensitivity in the way she’s used her grief and that spills over into how she talks to people.

This one cot sheet thing is making me crease! so daft of her. Underprepared to be relatable 😂 I do think for second baby you don’t always go as mad-I know we waited until our third was here to buy a lot because when our second arrived I felt like lots of stuff didn’t suit her but we definitely stocked up on cot sheets.

I think her response to treating mental health is a little damaging too, very dismissive and she’s 100% sure she does not need any form of help. The way she comes across lately really suggests otherwise. Therapy and sometimes medication can change your life and I hope others haven’t/don’t take her stance on it too strongly.

Reactions: 10
One cot sheet is weird. Is she trying to make a virtue out of not having adequate things for a baby? It wouldn’t surprise me if her favourite FB group was full of mothers competing with each other over who has the least amount of stuff 🤣 because you know, they should be in your arms and/or hanging off a nipple 24/7, so why should you need sheets?

One cot sheet is weird. Is she trying to make a virtue out of not having adequate things for a baby? It wouldn’t surprise me if her favourite FB group was full of mothers competing with each other over who has the least amount of stuff 🤣 because you know, they should be in your arms and/or hanging off a nipple 24/7, so why should you need sheets?
I think a lot of what she does is about the reaction and attention. Don’t be silly! Arms are not required, dangling from the nips will do! She will be able to use those nips as reins soon 😂

Reactions: 4
Sorry to hear about your baby. I've heard this a few times now, that she's not very sympathetic. I get the impression that it's all about her and her loss unfortunately x

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I’ve noticed that she is forever referring to ember as ‘the baby’ or ‘the newborn’ and rarely uses her name, yet with little Damien it’s ‘Raven’ this, ‘Rae’ that, just screams unattachment to me. Never see her say ‘the toddler did blah blah blah’

I just had that on loud and said to my husband what do you think of her and he said
She sounds like a turd .
First world problems.
Who is she trying to appeal to
I would say not having a washing machine with a toddler and a newborn is pretty tit and an actual problem.
She does talk as if she has no help whatsoever. Saying thank god for Instagram regarding people sending things. Surely Dean or her Mum could pop to the shops for nappies!

Reactions: 5
I would say not having a washing machine with a toddler and a newborn is pretty tit and an actual problem.
It is, but when you have a support network available to you, as Pea does, it's a problem with a solution. The time she spent recording herself moaning about it could have been spent phoning her Mum and asking her if she could do a load of washing for them.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.