One Day of Winter #3 Queen Raven still ruling the roost.... even the Pea has reproduced.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I thought she said it was joined with a private school? And that she has to pay half towards it?
All 3 year olds in England are entitled to 15 hours funding as a minimum, she will still get that. If Raven does more than 15 hours then she will pay or she may have to do more than 15 as some nurseries won't accept just funded hours.

If she's there over half term then she's paying for it as funding doesn't cover school holidays.

15 hours is typical 1 full day and an am or pm session, some might be 2 9am till 3pm sessions and you pay the extra hours outside of that or 2 am sessions and 2 pm sessions and pay the extras outside of that plus paying for the days in holidays if they go.

I can find 5 private schools in Derby, there may be more. Those with attached nurseries offer the 15 hour funding.

the wrap around care at private school/non state school nurseries (inc montessori and other alternative schooling set ups) is really expensive. and they also charge well over the odds for meals and even snacks. this could be where they’re having to shell out?

Reactions: 1
I’ve never really looked into Mnetessori but having just done some googling of schools locally I can see very little difference in the setup my daughters primary school has. Am i missing something?

Reactions: 2
I’ve never really looked into Mnetessori but having just done some googling of schools locally I can see very little difference in the setup my daughters primary school has. Am i missing something?
Basically, montessori is set up to teach every child at their individual need, pace and ability. Mainstream schools teach at the same level for all chidlren, regardless of thst child is above or below that level.

Mainstream school is timetabled, lessons are time limited, montessori allows time for children who need extra time to understand and pick something up or can accomodate children who work quicker and need more things to do.

Reactions: 2
She has mastitis and a new baby but managed to get r to the dentist? She's a martyr. End of. Dean couldn't have taken his own daughter for a check up so Nic could rest at home with baby?

Reactions: 11
Who books a dentist appointment when you’ve got a new baby. What is the point of risking catching something?! A couple of months before having her milk teeth checked again wouldn’t make any difference!

Who books a dentist appointment when you’ve got a new baby. What is the point of risking catching something?! A couple of months before having her milk teeth checked again wouldn’t make any difference!
I don't get her. I guess that this is another example of putting r before the new baby and herself? If it's not an emergency, just a check up. It's really not necessary!

Reactions: 4
I'm surprised the dentist would even see a child with just their milk teeth at the moment! When I called as I've lost a filling they were asking it I was in pain as they are only dealing with that at the moment.

I think it's quite selfish to go out to a dentist appointment for just milk teeth right now. Unless of course Queen R refuses to brush her teeth EVER and that's why she is worried! She is still going to nursery so is a sure risk to others.

Reactions: 10
I'm surprised the dentist would even see a child with just their milk teeth at the moment! When I called as I've lost a filling they were asking it I was in pain as they are only dealing with that at the moment.

I think it's quite selfish to go out to a dentist appointment for just milk teeth right now. Unless of course Queen R refuses to brush her teeth EVER and that's why she is worried! She is still going to nursery so is a sure risk to others.

I think you are right. Queen R must refuse her teeth being brushed. Hence why she is always ‘worried’

The amount of posts I see on the gentle parenting FB page about small children needing fillings or teeth removing is unreal!

• Wow
Reactions: 13
I think you are right. Queen R must refuse her teeth being brushed. Hence why she is always ‘worried’
Agreed.

My son has a brace and unless it's an emergency such as the wires breaking etc then he can't see the orthodontist

He's supposed to get it tightened every 8 weeks. He had it fitted Dec 2019 and will be on for 2 years so coming off Dec 2021 except its going to be on another 12 months minimum. He's had tightened 3 times, the last time being July last year. We have the same dentist appointments and his happen to ensure he is cleaning properly but more are cancelled unless an emergency.

She's obviously worried about the state of her teeth, maybe ease off jam sandwiches everyday?!

The amount of posts I see on the gentle parenting FB page about small children needing fillings or teeth removing is unreal!
Breastfeeding all night won’t help. Hardcore breastfeeders say that breastmilk doesn’t rot teeth because it’s magic and breastmilk doesn’t pool around the child’s teeth as they drink, but it stands to reason that if you have milk in your mouth around the clock, it’s bad news for teeth.

Reactions: 6
Why the hell would you only have one cot sheet?

Also, she can have a support/childcare bubble right now. Get Dean to drop the laundry off with her mum, duck the hoover, make do with a bath and a jug for hair washing. Come on woman, how are these things breaking you but never sleeping and having Raven (in general) doesn't?

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Why the hell would you only have one cot sheet?

Also, she can have a support/childcare bubble right now. Get Dean to drop the laundry off with her mum, duck the hoover, make do with a bath and a jug for hair washing. Come on woman, how are these things breaking you but never sleeping and having Raven (in general) doesn't?
Came here to say the same about the bubble. Send your washing to a relative, send Dean to the supermarket for a cot sheet, borrow a Hoover, get a bath.

She makes their life so much more difficult than it needs to be.

Reactions: 12
Honestly, there isn’t a an eyeroll emoji hard enough for this. Bet the washing machine needs it’s filter emptied.

Why would you only have one cot sheet, given how spewey babies are? Why doesn’t she have nappies? Why is her pooping in a vest such a big deal? Why wouldn’t you just send someone to nip to Tesco for more if you’re that stuck?

Don’t get me started on the cloth comment. All of mine were in cloth. It’s not some kind of martyrdom and it ain’t difficult. She ‘hasn’t managed’ aka she hasn’t bothered her arse to put one on BabyNotRae

I honestly think she has no logic. She just doesn’t know how to adult and solve basic problems.

You haven’t got nappies left- buy some. Co op is on deliveroo. Or just use a cloth nappy.

Cot sheets- gross- how do you only have one? Anyway, use a muslin.

The washing machine- emergency plumber. Take washing to their mum.

All those times she just sat next to Rae, translating her speech and recording- she could have got so much done. Its not humanly possible to give the same amount of attention to the first born. Its not the same anymore, you have to adjust. Christ she had 9 months to prepare Rae and she did sweet f all

I dont know why she thinks she is so alone in this? I think she has severed ties with her family? Surely they would see her stories and call her?

Honestly, there isn’t a an eyeroll emoji hard enough for this. Bet the washing machine needs it’s filter emptied.

Why would you only have one cot sheet, given how spewey babies are? Why doesn’t she have nappies? Why is her pooping in a vest such a big deal? Why wouldn’t you just send someone to nip to Tesco for more if you’re that stuck?

Don’t get me started on the cloth comment. All of mine were in cloth. It’s not some kind of martyrdom and it ain’t difficult. She ‘hasn’t managed’ aka she hasn’t bothered her arse to put one on BabyNotRae
My thoughts exactly! Why only have one sheet? 🤔
Also, here's a thought... Get an appliance repair person round to fix the washing machine. It probably just needs draining?

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.