Old School Reality TV

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Okay, does anyone remember this (I feel like no one will but I'm praying someone does!):

A reality show about say 5 sets of couples all living in a house together trying to win 10k - the way they'd win was not being figured out as a real couple. If the other couples voted you as a real couple you got eliminated.

So the show would set games say like Spin the Bottle and your partner might have to kiss someone else, but you couldn't react or people would suss out you were the real couple.

It was on in around 2001/2002 I think on a channel like Trouble/Bravo...don't think it was MTV or Nickelodeon but definitely aimed at around a 15-20 year old demographic.

After coming across this thread last night I fell down a rabbit hole trying to find out what it was but its like I've made the entire thing up in my mind 🤣
Was it fool around with my girlfriend/boyfriend? I remember watching that I’m pretty sure The Cheeky girls were on the celeb version.

Any one remember playing it straight? A bit like the bachelorette but some men were gay and she went on dates with them and had to end up with someone straight 😂 bet it wouldn’t be allowed now 🙄
She’s a presenter now Zoe Hardman. I’m sure she slept with who she picked as the winner and he turned out to be gay and he gave her half the money back.

Last edited:
There was also one on channel 5 about youngsters who join the army at 16? That was pretty good too.

And one in early 2000's called Beauty School set at Yorkshire beauty college? That was on Sky 3 or Sky Travel I think
I loved Beauty School, I remember it all kicking off with a tan obsessed fireman's daughter called Sophie and some posh lass. Wonder what happened to them all?

Reactions: 3
The Mole on Channel 5 was a bit tit but enjoyed the presenter.There was another show with Vernon Kay where they had to spend 26K in a week or something buying something from A-Z in order.If they spent the money using each letter of the alphabet they kept the goods.I remember a girl ran down when it wasn’t her turn and I think they let them split the money 13K each.Please tell me someone else saw this show.Vernon had long hair in it if that helps 😆

2 very random shows - the sack race - they had to get sacked within the closest time to 3pm on the first day of the first day of the job.
My new best friend - one of the most underrated shows ever- they had to comvince friends/family this guy is their best friend over a weekend and they win money https://www.channel4.com/programmes/my-new-best-friend (he is hilarious, is a comedian and has been in other things )

Was it fool around with my girlfriend/boyfriend? I remember watching that I’m pretty sure The Cheeky girls were on the celeb version.
Just looked and it's not that but it was such a similiar concept. This one all of them were couples there was no single person (as far as I remember) and it was more like a younger audience version of this show. It was definitely on a channel aimed at late teens/young adults.

My new best friend - one of the most underrated shows ever- they had to comvince friends/family this guy is their best friend over a weekend and they win money https://www.channel4.com/programmes/my-new-best-friend (he is hilarious, is a comedian and has been in other things )
Still my absolute favourite! We rewatch it probably once a year, it was absolutely hilarious.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Remembered a couple of others..

Driving School! Tbh don't remember much of it other than the lady (Maureen?) who was terrible and had failed her driving test untold times.

Oh, and Fame Academy. It used to have a live feed thing (same as in the early series of Big Brother) but nothing much ever happened.

Reactions: 8
One for the Club Reps fans. Joe Swash and his mates getting kicked out the hotel for trashing their room.
Maz didn't take tit off anyone. 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Remembered a couple of others..

Driving School! Tbh don't remember much of it other than the lady (Maureen?) who was terrible and had failed her driving test untold times.
omg Driving School! Am I right in thinking Maureen eventually got her licence?!

Reactions: 4
Apparently she did! Good old Maureen 😂

Driving School - Wikipedia

Unbelieveably that was 1997 :eek::eek::eek:
Me and my boyfriend (now husband) were obsessed with this. I was rooting for her and he was horrified that I wanted her to pass, because that of course meant that she'd be able to drive without Dave. 😂

"Pamela Carr - Streetwise Driving School"
*Posh voice response to jangly Nokia ringtone*
Iconic. 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I never understood why they got a car in My Super sweet 16 UK all they could do is wind the windows down and press the horn 😂.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I’ve not read the full thread but off the back of this I’m now watching holiday reps on YouTube,
Holiday showdown is on there as well!

loved newlyweds and rich girls and San Fran real world was my fave

I used to like life of grime with mr trebus etc

sun sex suspicious parents is on you tube as well

did any watch fat farm on c4 ? Before they got celebs involved and changed it to fit farm? Had Jason vale the juice guy in it?

Not really a reality tv show but me and my sister loved watching Sugar Rush on channel4 late night.All I can remember about it is them being young lesbians.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
The Work Experience on E4.

It was about real graduates that get an internship at a fake PR agency called Grade. The employees there were played by comedians/actors.

I remember laughing so much my stomach was hurting, I thought it was so funny.

I was only 18 at the time though, so I'd be interested to watch it again! All episodes are on All4.

The Work Experience on E4.

It was about real graduates that get an internship at a fake PR agency called Grade. The employees there were played by comedians/actors.

I remember laughing so much my stomach was hurting, I thought it was so funny.

I was only 18 at the time though, so I'd be interested to watch it again! All episodes are on All4.
in a similar vein does anyone remember something on E4 called Little People (or something like it) where children played pranks on unsuspecting members of the public? I remember one in which this boy goes up to a stranger and asks them to read a letter to him as he can't read and it is basically the mum saying she is leaving him and has to fend for himself :LOL:

• Haha
I don't remember Fat Farm but I do remember the UK version of Biggest Loser, which was won by Jodie Prenger who a few years later won another (completely different) reality show, I'd Do Anything - to be Nancy in the West End production of Oliver.

Also does anyone remember the original celebrity Love Island? We were obsessed with it in our office at the time!

Yes ! And making the video, I was obsessed with that.
Remember Paddington green? That was aaagws ago. And the transgender lady made a piano album. Also loved The Salon, and Bug Juice about the summer camp.
I loved Bug Juice! I was probably older than their target audience but I really wished I could have gone to summer camp!

I used to love Jeremy from the Airport program, I think he worked for a Russian airline? Also liked early Big Brother and the series about the London Underground.

Reactions: 4