Old School Reality TV

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Speaking of camps, what was the one where they sent bratty kids away to camp and they all came back good as gold? It was British teens sent to American camps

Reactions: 11
Holiday Showdown

The Hills and its spinoff called "The City"

I remember Coleen Rooney had her own TV show at one point, back when she was known by her maiden name, McLoughlin.

They were showing Airline repeats last year during the first lockdown on one of the CBS channels I think. It was good to re-watch it.

Jade Goody's TV show on the Living channel called "Just Jade". She opened her own salon called Ugly's and developed her perfume which was called "Shh.. "

Reactions: 8
I loved bug juice so much I did camp America , I worked at a rich kids camp in upstate New York . And we actually had big juice every day!

• Wow
Reactions: 3
Holiday Showdown

The Hills and its spinoff called "The City"

I remember Coleen Rooney had her own TV show at one point, back when she was known by her maiden name, McLoughlin.

They were showing Airline repeats last year during the first lockdown on one of the CBS channels I think. It was good to re-watch it.

Jade Goody's TV show on the Living channel called "Just Jade". She opened her own salon called Ugly's and developed her perfume which was called "Shh.. "
If you like the hills and the city whitney has a youtube channel in which she comments on episodes with her husband, it isn't great as half the time I feel like I am watching couple's therapy but it is interesting to get behind the scenes info

Reactions: 1
Did anyone ever watch Megan Wants a Millionaire? Only the first few episodes are available to watch online as a contestant murdered his wife, so the show was cancelled.

• Wow
Aww Rich Girls was so good! But I remember being so confused as a kid cos they looked and acted like 40 year olds but were actually only 18.

• Haha
Aww Rich Girls was so good! But I remember being so confused as a kid cos they looked and acted like 40 year olds but were actually only 18.
do you remember the scene they go to Ali's dad's design studio and they just criticise everything the wholw team have designed, you can see how angry they look at these spoiled rich kids destorying all of their months of work

• Haha
Reactions: 2
brat camp wasn't it?

Brat camp was the show that absolute horror Jemma Lucy was in, wasn't it? She was a pain in the arse even then.

I used to love Wife Swap, and a few others that have been mentioned.

My favourite ones were wedding related - 4 weddings (where all the brides used to go to each others weddings and score them - basically slag them off for completely arbitrary reasons. Always used to turn into a total witch fest. The one where the bride was a pole dancer was a classic 😂😂😂 )

and there was a BBC one, I think it was called the Wedding?, which just followed different couples getting married. I'd love to watch that again and find out if any of them are still married (I doubt it given how incompatible most of them seemed!)

• Heart
Reactions: 14
The early days of don’t tell the bride were good. Or maybe my tastes changed as I got older but I used to love it and then suddenly It felt really staged.

I remember Brat Camp! Wasn’t Fat Camp a thing as well?

Reactions: 17
Brat camp was the show that absolute horror Jemma Lucy was in, wasn't it? She was a pain in the arse even then.

My favourite ones were wedding related - 4 weddings (where all the brides used to go to each others weddings and score them - basically slag them off for completely arbitrary reasons. Always used to turn into a total witch fest. The one where the bride was a pole dancer was a classic 😂😂😂 )

and there was a BBC one, I think it was called the Wedding?, which just followed different couples getting married. I'd love to watch that again and find out if any of them are still married (I doubt it given how incompatible most of them seemed!)
omg I had forgotten about 4 weddings! very similar concept to 4 in a bed now I guess, it was always so uncomfortable that they were just sitting around them 4 not knowing anyone else there :LOL:

Reactions: 12

4 weddings was another favourite. The best one for me was the international one and the bride from Texas(?) married a guy who could’ve been her dad and the reception was just everyone sitting around drinking lemonade in a barn.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Any one remember playing it straight? A bit like the bachelorette but some men were gay and she went on dates with them and had to end up with someone straight 😂 bet it wouldn’t be allowed now 🙄

• Wow
Reactions: 8
The best ever don’t tell the bride was the Vegas on. The whole family arrived at the airport, they couldn’t all go. All fuming, it kicked off, the bride was beside herself, he ran out of money for her dress. A total shambles but amazing telly!

• Haha
Reactions: 18
The best ever don’t tell the bride was the Vegas on. The whole family arrived at the airport, they couldn’t all go. All fuming, it kicked off, the bride was beside herself, he ran out of money for her dress. A total shambles but amazing telly!
I couldn't believe they got married after that. Can't imagine it lasted - every argument would be 'but you blew all the DTTB budget on going to bloody Vegas' 😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 6
How could I forget Secret Eaters. I absolutely loved it, as if they didn't know they were going to be caught on the later series.

Reactions: 13
How could I forget Secret Eaters. I absolutely loved it, as if they didn't know they were going to be caught on the later series.
There are loads on youtube! I hate the host, she is so patronising and rude, but it is hilarious either way :LOL: Fat families is quite good too, also on youtube

Reactions: 5
Oh my gosh I love this thread. I used to really enjoy the holiday based reality shows in the 00’s.

Holiday Showdown was absolute tv gold. Two families spend a week on each other’s chosen holidays and you just watch the drama and tantrums unfold, usually it would be complete opposites like an all inclusive in Spain vs hiking in wales. Or a luxury resort in Egypt vs camping in the rainforest. Some episodes are on YouTube, but that’s another one I wish theyd bring back or at least show re runs of. They just don’t make shows like this anymore.
I'm sure Channel 5 tried to bring back another version of this a couple of years ago. Off for a Google....

While I'm here.....

I vaguely remember a Channel 4 show about couple's sex lives. They put cameras in their homes including their bedroom (!) whilst experts analysed their..erm...antics.

The reason it sticks in my mind is you could quite clearly see a bloke furiously fingering his female partner under the duvet and the experts looking on in horror. The phrase "friction burn" was used 😬 Please tell me someone else remembers this car crash show!

Mr B and I were fond of Tool Academy but think that falls more into the late 00s?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
Would Sun, Sex and Suspicious parents count as old school? I’m sure I watched it about 10 years ago! Parents would spy on their kids going off on their first holiday abroad without them and be shocked at all the shenanigans. They’d then show up on the last day and confront them/lecture them lol. Brilliant trash tv.

• Heart
Reactions: 21