Old School Reality TV

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Does anyone remember a fly on the wall series called Redcoats about Butlins redcoats ? It was on around 2003 I think. I bloody loved that.
Club Reps was brilliant ! Maz!!
You can listen to the soundtrack on Spotify.

loved Airline too, and the Salon with Paul and Adie?
There were loads more too

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Just remembered Shipwrecked too, I wanted to go on that show so badly!
Oh yes I loved Shipwrecked! Battle of the Islands.

Also a really old Australian one called Sylvania Waters about a family in an affluent area of Sydney. They were nouveau riche which made it so hilarious as they tried to fit in with the snooty neighbours.

Reactions: 5
I loved The Real World on MTV - it was kind of a prototype of Big Brother. Drama galore.

Also loved Airline and another one the same, which was based more generally around Luton airport, can't remember the name of it.

Reactions: 9
Repeats of faking it are still on on London` live! Hilarious how dated it is.
Anyone remember all those “from hell” series, ie holidays from hell, restaurants from hell. Some of them have given me lifetime phobias
I loved the from hell series. Some of the holidays ones were idiots though. You knowingly went on holiday to place well known for drug dealing in the middle of hurricane season and now want a refund because you saw drug dealers and experienced a hurricane? 🙄

Does anyone remember Trolley Dollies that followed the crew of Excel Airways? Only made one series I think but I loved that. Found it on Prime! Loved Airport as well that was about Heathrow.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
One of the most memorable Sweet 16 episodes was when that girl got upset about receiving her car a day early 😂

Omg I remember this! Her ma should’ve bleeping run her over with the new car.

Airline was incredible tv - my fav was the french girl who tried to smuggle her cat in her hand luggage.

Did anyone watch Making The Band 3 on MTV? The one with Aubrey O’Day and Jason the ‘den mother’.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Did anyone watch Ibiza Uncovered? This is the first time I really remember watching "fly-on-the-wall" tv. I've just googled it and I'm showing my age here because it aired in 1997 on Sky One!

• Heart
Reactions: 16
One of the most memorable Sweet 16 episodes was when that girl got upset about receiving her car a day early 😂

omg I had never seen this! I agree with what someone else said I would have run her over :LOL: I remember more than one in which the person complained the car was not what they wanted and had a fit and the parents returned it to get the one they wanted

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Did anyone watch Ibiza Uncovered? This is the first time I really remember watching "fly-on-the-wall" tv. I've just googled it and I'm showing my age here because it aired in 1997 on Sky One!
I loved Ibiza uncovered!! It was massively popular amongst my mates too. Once had an ex who’s claim to fame was that he was in the background in one episode 🤦🏻‍♀️😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Not talking the current reality TV shows but the ones that started in the early to mid 00's. The ones where everything wasn't as scripted and they weren't all chasing social media fame.Which were your favourites?

I used to watch:

Airline

Newlyweds: Nick & Jessica - I was devastated as a teenager when they broke up. I thought they were perfect 🤣

The Osbourne's

I used to watch all the Katie Price & Peter ones 🙈

The Girls Next Door
hate to break it you but newlyweds was scripted and they were told how to act. Jessica says this in her book. I’m as full blown obsessed though, use to record them to tape to watch over and over 😂.
I also loved ‘til death do us part’ which was Dave Navarro and Carmen Electrca’s show.

Reactions: 4
Oh my gosh I love this thread. I used to really enjoy the holiday based reality shows in the 00’s.

Airline used to be one of my favourite shows growing up, I think I watched it from a really young age and found it fascinating. I’m sure before they followed easyjet they followed Thomson holidays? I always remember people forgetting their passports and having to make the mad dash home or get someone to fetch it for them, they’d always get stuck in traffic but would make it just in time. Amazing tv, wonder if it can be watched online anywhere. They should just make a new series, I would definitely watch it.

Holiday Showdown was absolute tv gold. Two families spend a week on each other’s chosen holidays and you just watch the drama and tantrums unfold, usually it would be complete opposites like an all inclusive in Spain vs hiking in wales. Or a luxury resort in Egypt vs camping in the rainforest. Some episodes are on YouTube, but that’s another one I wish theyd bring back or at least show re runs of. They just don’t make shows like this anymore.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
hate to break it you but newlyweds was scripted and they were told how to act. Jessica says this in her book. I’m as full blown obsessed though, use to record them to tape to watch over and over 😂.
I also loved ‘til death do us part’ which was Dave Navarro and Carmen Electrca’s show.
god there was so much good (read awful trashy, but amazing) reality in the 2000s on mtv. I loved Rich Girls, all of it is on youtube (albeit in awful quality). I read an interview with Ali a few years ago, apparently she was off her face on coke for most of the filming.
Anyone remember Made on mtv? where people had a summer (I think) to tranform them into something, usually things like a cheerleader. There was also a similar show where people had to summer before uni to lose weight.

@Bitofthebubbly do you remember the one where they went camping in Cornwall (I think) and the teenage boys got back drunk and were making lewd comments about the other family's daughters? there is another similar one called Rich Holiday, Poor Holiday (not as good but still light entertainment)
I have also been watching Wife Swap on youtube, same concept, totally different families swap wives, with predictable results :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Holiday reps! Started in 1997 so I was just starting secondary school and we all thought it was so glamorous and cool. Just googled and can’t even find much info on it because it’s THAT old 🤣

Reactions: 8
@Bitofthebubbly do you remember the one where they went camping in Cornwall (I think) and the teenage boys got back drunk and were making lewd comments about the other family's daughters? there is another similar one called Rich Holiday, Poor Holiday (not as good but still light entertainment)
I have also been watching Wife Swap on youtube, same concept, totally different families swap wives, with predictable results :LOL:
Yes that one is an absolute classic, I’d be so embarrassed if I were those boys parents though having their behaviour shown on tv🤣 I watched all the episodes available on YouTube last year during lockdown. Someone somewhere must have access to all the episodes though.

There’s another one where the family all go clubbing and one of the sons is a DJ or wannabe dj and it’s just not the other families scene at all, they look so out of their depth lol.

Will have to check out rich holiday, poor holiday as that sounds right up my street. I love seeing the kinds of holidays people go on!

Uk wife swap was so good! Wish they’d do it here again. The current USA and New Zealand ones are good though.

Supernanny uk. Just has a different feel to the USA one.

Why isn’t there a website that has all of these obscure reality shows to watch😭

Reactions: 3
Yes that one is an absolute classic, I’d be so embarrassed if I were those boys parents though having their behaviour shown on tv🤣 I watched all the episodes available on YouTube last year during lockdown. Someone somewhere must have access to all the episodes though.

There’s another one where the family all go clubbing and one of the sons is a DJ or wannabe dj and it’s just not the other families scene at all, they look so out of their depth lol.

Will have to check out rich holiday, poor holiday as that sounds right up my street. I love seeing the kinds of holidays people go on!

Uk wife swap was so good! Wish they’d do it here again. The current USA and New Zealand ones are good though.

Supernanny uk. Just has a different feel to the USA one.
omg I remember that :LOL: there almost always seems to be one family who want to spend the whole holiday drunk and one who never drink :LOL: on youtube there are also a few episodes of Wife Swap Australia

• Haha
Reactions: 1
I loved Rich girls!
Also remember made and it was always someone a bit tragic trying to become popular.
I loved the one about the America performing arts school on MTV too, they were so cut throat to each other at such a young age.
Big rich Texas was awesome
The one about the skateboarder.
The Ashlee Simpson show.
I could go on!

MTV diary of...Did anyone watch this? It had the tag line, "You think you know, but you have no idea"

Reactions: 11
I loved Rich girls!
Also remember made and it was always someone a bit tragic trying to become popular.
I loved the one about the America performing arts school on MTV too, they were so cut throat to each other at such a young age.
Big rich Texas was awesome
The one about the skateboarder.
The Ashlee Simpson show.
I could go on!
omg Big Rich Texas! it was repeated on tv a couple of years ago, it was madness. Remember that girl who was having a semi incestuous relationship with her step brother? so much more bizarre than any of the real housewives franchises :LOL:
I also loved MTV cribs, almost all of the houses were just so awful and tacky

Reactions: 4
Yes ! And making the video, I was obsessed with that.
Remember Paddington green? That was aaagws ago. And the transgender lady made a piano album. Also loved The Salon, and Bug Juice about the summer camp.

Reactions: 14
Yes ! And making the video, I was obsessed with that.
Remember Paddington green? That was aaagws ago. And the transgender lady made a piano album. Also loved The Salon, and Bug Juice about the summer camp.
me and my sister loved bug juice! I still remember the theme tune! I really wanted to go to an american summer camp having read so many american books as a child where all the children seemed to. In reality looking back I know I would have hated it :LOL: