Old School Reality TV

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I watched one on youtube called Swansea Market following traders in the market. I ended up loving it. Seeing people passionate about their business and the market itself which is obviously competing against the high street and other retail areas.

I saw some posts about Jane McDonald. I thought her name sounded familiar (not from the UK) and I realized I saw a clip of her on Gogglebox. It was from Cruising with Jane McDonald in Scotland. She was in a cave, a beautiful one to be fair, and started singing. The reactions had me rolling! I've been missing out on comedy gold. "She's enthusiastic about everything in this program, is Jane. She's loving life" "I thought this was about cruising" "Very pensioner friendly, isn't she?"

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I’m watching old episodes of the Cruise on iplayer thanks to you guys.
omg how old did Jane McDonald look ?! She was only 36:oops: the makeup !! Wowzer.
And Mrs Goodman !!! Nightmare passenger :LOL:
I can’t believe there was only one series !

• Haha
Really sad but I miss wife swap so much 😂 my favourite ever episode linked here. Once after a few wines I emailed channel 4 asking for them to put them back on on demand. My email was ignored 😂

Love airline too and trolley dollies!

Me and my sister used to regularly quote the holiday showdown scene where the woman sings "its got to be perfect" can't remember exactly what happens but there's a row over karaoke 😂

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
I remember that episode! Felt really sorry for obese kid in the Vegas/Yosemite one. He clearly enjoyed being active and outdoors and his parents kept shutting it down and force feeding him junk food.

Reactions: 4
Does anyone remember a program on bbc3, think it was called ‘resturant’? they had a live feed i think of people dining and sometimes you’d get celebrities, i remember Katie price being on there, when she was jordan.

Also the villa, loved that! It was basically love island where they were allowed out but much better

Reactions: 6
Shipwrecked
Model Behaviour. Like an early version of Britain's next top model
Club Reps!
Rich Girls
The Osbornes
The Simple Life

The Katie and Peter series on ITV2.

The Salon

My Super Sweet 16 UK

There's Something About Miriam

Paris Hilton's BFF

Britney & Kevin

Faking It
My super sweet 16 UK...omg I loved that. They were such brats

Heard of Sack Race. Never saw it.

I'll watch My New Best Friend. Thanks. Sounds hilarious.

And people fell for that? His fictional mum would know he couldn't read. 🤣🤣 Brilliant.

If you have Sky Replay, it's currently showing Four Weddings every day.

I recently watched this. Totally Scott Lee. It's bleeping hilarious. I was watching it thinking it can't be real how they all behave.
Totally Scott Lee.
Is that the reality show with Lisa Steps and that pretty girl from Liberty X.
Ive seen it reccomended as a must watch on here.
Lisa SL wasnt a fan of his brothers wife. Was she jealous?
Is this on Sky?

• Heart
Totally Scott Lee.
Is that the reality show with Lisa Steps and that pretty girl from Liberty X.
Ive seen it reccomended as a must watch on here.
Lisa SL wasnt a fan of his brothers wife. Was she jealous?
Is this on Sky?
Yep she hated the fact that her brother didn't check in with family first before proposing! Who the hell does that? No wonder her show wasn't popular, Lisa came across really unlikeable.

Does anyone remember a program on bbc3, think it was called ‘resturant’? they had a live feed i think of people dining and sometimes you’d get celebrities, i remember Katie price being on there, when she was jordan.

Also the villa, loved that! It was basically love island where they were allowed out but much better
Yes I remember the cameras eavesdropped on conversations. I rememner another restaurant one too.
Restaurant in our house 🤔or something.
Love Island was better FIRST TIME around. Remember Abi Titmus, Lee Sharpe, Calum Best and Jayne Middlemiss.

It was more real then for sure 🤭

Reactions: 3
Yep she hated the fact that her brother didn't check in with family first before proposing! Who the hell does that? No wonder her show wasn't popular, Lisa came across really unlikeable.
This always makes me laugh it reminds me of the office

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I loved Airport and Airline growing up. I was really young but i loved airports in general. Back then you used to be able to sit in a seating area on the roof/terrace of heathrow airport and watch the planes take on and off. My dad used to take me as i use to annoy him by begging. Worked though as im in my late 20s and work for heathrow. And i can confirm what you see in these shows are true. People are horrid, they are dirty (even before a 12 hour flight!) they pack god knows. Ive found a folded pizza hut pizza in its box with half eaten kfc bucket of chicken and a raw frozen turkey all together in someones hand luggage.
Their excuse. Turkey was for xmas dinner (flight was 23rd dec) and they were running late and didnt have time to eat their dinner. Even worse their flight was 10 hours so turkey would of def melted 🤢🤢
Ive found a dog in a bag whilst through xray, god knows how the thing wasnt radioactive and the owner just shrugged their shoulders to a child who had their hamster in Their pocket as they didnt want to leave him at home. My colleague had to box the poor thing and wait for a family friend to come and pick it up

i looooved the from hell shows. Holidays from was my fave. I remember a guy who managed to walk through patio door glass and because of that the doors have to have markings on it. The other was travel agents who went to the carribean during hurricane season and were shocked to have a hurricane!! You sell holidays for a living, how do you not Know. Least they sold it to themselves and not their poor customers

I recently rewatched it due to this thread and to be fair she was upset they sold the story to a magazine before telling the family.

She is reality TV Gold 😆 Lisa Scott Lee

Sadly she comes across as an extreme perfectionist you,cant meet those standards... come back Lisa 😃 Is she Dubai based now?
I've got to track this down somewhere to watch the full episodes 😝

• Haha
Reactions: 1
I recently rewatched it due to this thread and to be fair she was upset they sold the story to a magazine before telling the family.
Oh thats fair enough. I didn't know that, I always thought it was because he proposed without getting authorisation from his family first lol I didn't know they had a magazine deal beforehand

There's going to be a new series of The Surreal Life

'The upcoming Season 7, which is set to premiere this fall, will feature former NBA pro Dennis Rodman, rapper August Alsina, adult film star Stormy Daniels, singer/reality TV star Tamar Braxton, Frankie Muniz (Malcolm in the Middle), Kim Coles (Living Single), wrestler CJ Perry and YouTuber Manny MUA.'

• Wow
They are all on youtube
I have a feeling Jess Wright must of idolised Lisa... similar dance routines.
And fashion sense..the babydoll dress

shes fantastic reality tv.
Where is she now???

I use to love Michelle Heaton and I thought her bloke was alright too 😆 no love lost between Lisa and Michelle..
Fancy the grandma asking Michelle how things were going and Lisa distracting her with her wedding pics...
Michelles facial expressions🙄🙄🙄 🤣

Last edited:
  • Haha