Old School Reality TV

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hotel Adelphi- JUST COOK WILL YER
Remember there seemed to be loads of random docusoaps about malls and stuff, I remember one with a girl called Emma getting a single out off the back of it and another one with Lowri Turner in the Trafford Centre and some annoying French bloke. Talking of Lowri I remember her having another show about fashion and makeup which was good too.
Omg i loved Hotel Adelphi.

Reactions: 2
Does anyone remember an episode of holiday showdown where they went to Portugal and the ‘normal’ family’s kids were throwing sardines around to encourage seagulls to piss off the posh family 😂 and the one that was a Dubai/ Blackpool swap and it honestly sold Blackpool to me as Dubai was rubbish in 2003 or whenever it was filmed!

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I remember that Blackpool one. I remember the Dad clearly not being the Dad of at least one of the children (because he and the Mum were both white but one or two of the kids were clearly mixed race) but Mum was saying they were all their biological children. The Mum from the other family said something to her husband about that clearly couldn't be the case. But in the episode on YouTube that's cut out. There was 100% a line like that in it because my OH remembers it too, but in the YT version it's not there. I wonder if they cut it out for legal reasons later.

• Wow
I remember that Blackpool one. I remember the Dad clearly not being the Dad of at least one of the children (because he and the Mum were both white but one or two of the kids were clearly mixed race) but Mum was saying they were all their biological children. The Mum from the other family said something to her husband about that clearly couldn't be the case. But in the episode on YouTube that's cut out. There was 100% a line like that in it because my OH remembers it too, but in the YT version it's not there. I wonder if they cut it out for legal reasons later.
yess I googled and it’s even mentioned on a 2004 post onDigital Spy

What about the one where the teens would go abroad and mum and dad would go too and stalk them.

Reactions: 6
What about the one where the teens would go abroad and mum and dad would go too and stalk them.
Sun sex and suspicious parents, my ultimate favourite
I've been watching a similar programme on itv hub lately called baewatch, not sure when it was filmed buy worth a watch!

Hi I have had loads of fun reading this thread. So many shows I had forgotten about. Does anyone remember a programme that was set in Manchester, like a forerunner to Big Brother? It was a student house and one of the students was called Spider???
Another one was called Lost - two people were dumped in deserts or faraway places and had to find their way back to Trafalgar Square and it would take them days.

Reactions: 1
anyone remember a show in the mid 00s where they went to uni's and filmed house parties? There were only a couple of episodes IIRC (I only remember it as someone tI know was on it :ROFLMAO: he took part without telling his parents and they were both livid as he came across really badly, ended up having to defer a year of uni

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 5
Hi I have had loads of fun reading this thread. So many shows I had forgotten about. Does anyone remember a programme that was set in Manchester, like a forerunner to Big Brother? It was a student house and one of the students was called Spider???
Another one was called Lost - two people were dumped in deserts or faraway places and had to find their way back to Trafalgar Square and it would take them days.

I think it was called The Living Soap

I remember one of the first online things was like a Big Brother flatshare thing but called The Dolls House and Myleene Klass was on it pre- Hearsay, muat have been about 1998/9

I use to love watching the show Cheaters.Late at night before turning over to BBC Three for some Mighty Boosh.I’m really showing my age now 😆

Reactions: 10
Airline disgruntled customers were the blueprint for the ones shown nothing to declare

Reactions: 5
I remember one of the first online things was like a Big Brother flatshare thing but called The Dolls House and Myleene Klass was on it pre- Hearsay, muat have been about 1998/9
Omg never have I felt so old when I saw that the mighty boosh
I use to love watching the show Cheaters.Late at night before turning over to BBC Three for some Mighty Boosh.I’m really showing my age now 😆
was on sky gold or whatever it is! The episode of cheaters where the host was stabbed!,

• Wow
Does anyone remember Hider in the House, presented by JK and Joel? Kids would have to hide a celebrity from their parents in their house.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I’ve started watching Airline whilst I’m in the bath and on the first ever episode there’s a guy who’s too drunk to fly and a woman for forgot the passports and has had to rush from Manchester to Bradford to get them! Classic😆

Also it wasn’t EasyJet at first it was Britannia airlines. I remember that’s why it fascinated me as a child because we had flown on Britannia planes to go on holiday ourselves.

• Heart
Faking It. They are on All4. Loving the rewatches. Such a good show.
Model Behaviour. Bitchy teenagers having screaming matches while trying to become a model. There was such a witch fest over Welsh single mum Jenny, who won and became a successful model.
Naked in Westminster with sleazy Cat Man David, witch choreographers Ginger and Persia, plus lovely Scouse Dawn, who I think shagged Cat Man. 🤮
Ibiza Uncovered. My ex was a dancer at Manumission and would pop up ok an episode.
Club Reps with scary Maz and her bidding dog impression.
Super Nanny. Love Jo Frost. Remember this horror hitting Jo? She's all grown up now.
House Doctor. Anne Maurice making every house in the land magnolia. I did love her and the show though.
I loved House Doctor. She had some good interior ideas .

I’ve started watching Airline whilst I’m in the bath and on the first ever episode there’s a guy who’s too drunk to fly and a woman for forgot the passports and has had to rush from Manchester to Bradford to get them! Classic😆

Also it wasn’t EasyJet at first it was Britannia airlines. I remember that’s why it fascinated me as a child because we had flown on Britannia planes to go on holiday ourselves.
Yes it was just for the first series.