Old School Reality TV

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I couldn’t sleep last night so at 3am I ended up down a reality TV hole thanks to this thread!

As others have already said, Club reps and Ibiza Uncovered were amazing. I totally remember the redcoats show too, but not the title.

Have been watching The Cruise reruns on iplayer and can’t believe how different Jane McDonald looks. And no one mentions the fact she was a tarot card reader back in the day...

Obviously one of my all time favourites was club wars with Gaffers, Richard Blackwood and Sam Fox competing to earn the most money in their themed bars each week. Sam Fox was drunk the whole time but constantly denied it.

And Netflix should 💯 upload celebrity Love Island. Paul Danan was comedy gold.

Reactions: 10
Obviously one of my all time favourites was club wars with Gaffers, Richard Blackwood and Sam Fox competing to earn the most money in their themed bars each week. Sam Fox was drunk the whole time but constantly denied it.
SHE DOESN’T EVEN DRINK STEVE!! 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Found it hilarious that Jane McDonald used to read tarot cards. She was spot on with Mary and her rash/spots😂

She looks so different. A lot more natural.

Reactions: 2
I used to love Runs House on MTV!
Me too

I loved watching Life of Ryan to see Ryan and his friend Tony. I had crushes on both of them.

Pimp my Ride was ridiculous. I kept thinking there is no way that would end up being the car that they drove everyday. It became a show piece rather than a daily driver

Old school True Life. Some of those episodes hit hard. It was clear that they ran out of ideas for serious episodes around 2015 or so.

I tried to find Making the Band but can only find clips of it. Day 26 (season 4) first album came out in 2008! Some of their songs were bangers I’m not ashamed to admit. There’s a great clip where Brian A had to sing for this place against a group of new guys. He started singing End of the Road by Boyz II Me
Literally anything shown on MTV.
The simple life
Sweet sixteen (was so jealous of them all)
Next (anyone remember that where you had to try and last the longest on a date and some girl pissed herself)
The fabulous life of... or true hollywood story
Cribs
Pimp my ride(loved how ridiculous it was)
Bad girls club (I didn't get no sleep cause of y'all)
America's next top model (before all the controversial stuff)
Life of Ryan (fancied him so much)
Viva la bam

I know this isn't all reality, but kinda fits.
I watched most of these I had the biggest crush on Bam, I rewatched it last year during lockdown

Or the ones where they get there and find their hotel is still a building site.
wasnt this basically every episode? the absolute worst imo was at an squa park in Spain where someone fell from a flying fox type thing into a way too shallow pool. the doctor described her foot/ankle as a crunchie having been smashed by s hammer 😳

• Wow
Reactions: 3
What was the one from about 2003 where a load of hasbeen popstars went to America to try and revive their careers? I remember Sonia and I think David van Day on it and was so bad it was funny

What was the one from about 2003 where a load of hasbeen popstars went to America to try and revive their careers? I remember Sonia and I think David van Day on it and was so bad it was funny
Reborn in the USA. 😄

Cheryl Baker and David Van Day fought on coach trip as well I think lol

Anybody watch room raiders, I used to be fat, on mtv. MTV was the best for reality shows ins the 00s

Reactions: 7
Anybody watch room raiders, I used to be fat, on mtv. MTV was the best for reality shows ins the 00s
I might be misremembering this, and I hope I am, but on room raiders did they put a UV light on the bed sheets? 🤢

I watched The Block on Amazon Prime, a 2003 reality tv show from Australia. I'd recommend it, it's about home renovation but has plenty of drama, and oddly one of the contestants launched a pop music career from it.

I loved changing rooms, there was a rumour last year about a revival of it but seems to be fake

Reactions: 1
I watched The Block on Amazon Prime, a 2003 reality tv show from Australia. I'd recommend it, it's about home renovation but has plenty of drama, and oddly one of the contestants launched a pop music career from it.
I remember watching the uk version of this on itv years ago. Simon Cowell’s brother was one of the judges

Hotel Adelphi- JUST COOK WILL YER
Remember there seemed to be loads of random docusoaps about malls and stuff, I remember one with a girl called Emma getting a single out off the back of it and another one with Lowri Turner in the Trafford Centre and some annoying French bloke. Talking of Lowri I remember her having another show about fashion and makeup which was good too.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Not exactly reality but I loved can’t cook won’t cook, was so pleased when they restarted ready steady cook

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Hotel Adelphi- JUST COOK WILL YER
Remember there seemed to be loads of random docusoaps about malls and stuff, I remember one with a girl called Emma getting a single out off the back of it and another one with Lowri Turner in the Trafford Centre and some annoying French bloke. Talking of Lowri I remember her having another show about fashion and makeup which was good too.
Loved both of these shows!!
I’d come home from school and watch the Lawri Turner Trafford Centre one !!

And the Adelphi one was brill. Just coooooochhhh will ye

• Heart
Loved both of these shows!!
I’d come home from school and watch the Lawri Turner Trafford Centre one !!

And the Adelphi one was brill. Just coooooochhhh will ye
I saw the man himself and he lost his tit at a Xmas party in there as everyone kept shouting just cewk will you after him 😂

• Haha
It might have been mentioned before but we use to love Made on MTV/TMF/VH1.I want to be made.Where they found you a coach to help you loose weight then you did a awful rap or performance at the end of the show😆