Old Hollywood gossip & stories

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sky Documentaries had one about Laurel Canyon on a while back. TBH, I'm fascinated by the whole 'Swinging London' era.

Reactions: 4
Sky Documentaries had one about Laurel Canyon on a while back. TBH, I'm fascinated by the whole 'Swinging London' era.
It was great, I saw it. There is also a good book simply called Laurel Canyon. I love the swinging 60s London era too!!!

Reactions: 5
The whole studio system fascinates me, it really did seem a period where anyone could be a star. I totally get why people dropped everything to go to Hollywood.
I'm a saddo and google map famous houses and imagine what it would be like to live there. It's not really old Hollywood in the same context but is anyone else into the history of Laurel Canyon and all the musicians of the 60s/70s making amazing music there?
I am! It’s just so fascinating and I love going down the Google rabbit hole looking up stories!

What’s everyone’s thoughts on the wizard of oz set as a whole? With the stories about the munchkins orgys & the potential suicide of one in the background of a scene?

it’s always been one of my favourite films but it was tainted after reading how they treated Judy

Reactions: 10
What’s everyone’s thoughts on the wizard of oz set as a whole? With the stories about the munchkins orgys & the potential suicide of one in the background of a scene?
Someone killed their self in a scene in W of O-or someone who was in the background of a scene in that later killed their self?

• Wow
Reactions: 2

it’s always been one of my favourite films but it was tainted after reading how they treated Judy
Meyer treated Garland appallingly, forced her to lose weight on a soup and cig diet and fed her uppers so she would perform for crazy hours and then downers so she could rest. Thye did the same thing to Mickey Rooney as a child.
The suicide is actually an urban legend, its birds flapping their wings in a tree and someone said it was a munchkin, but not just a bird.

• Sad
Reactions: 14
Meyer treated Garland appallingly, forced her to lose weight on a soup and cig diet and fed her uppers so she would perform for crazy hours and then downers so she could rest. Thye did the same thing to Mickey Rooney as a child.
The suicide is actually an urban legend, its birds flapping their wings in a tree and someone said it was a munchkin, but not just a bird.
It’s horrific how they got away with that when she was 16 at the time of filming right? Imagine that nowadays there would be absolute uproar!

I remember reading that the adult munchkins would be inappropriate to Judy as well in a sexual manner, this was a news article years ago though

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
It’s horrific how they got away with that when she was 16 at the time of filming right? Imagine that nowadays there would be absolute uproar!

I remember reading that the adult munchkins would be inappropriate to Judy as well in a sexual manner, this was a news article years ago though
I didnt hear about that but I did read that they were very loud and boozing it up a lot off set, I think some were even arrested.

• Wow
Reactions: 7
Jackie Coogan was the child star in Charlie Chaplin films and later Uncle Fester in the Adam’s Family. He took his mother to court after she spent all his earnings.

Ladies and gents, may I introduce Tallulah Bankhead. She was a wild child before the term was even coined.

She was bisexual and proud of it way back in the 30's and 40's, and wasn't shy about declaring her love of sex. Once gave an interview in 1932 where she said "I'm serious about love. I'm damned serious about it now ... I haven't had an affair for six months. Six months! Too long ... If there's anything the matter with me now, it's not Hollywood or Hollywood's state of mind ... The matter with me is, I WANT A MAN! ... Six months is a long, long while. I WANT A MAN!"

Had an emergency hysterectomy in 1933 due to venereal disease. When she left the hospital, weighing barely 5st, she defiantly yelled at her doctor "Don't think this is going to stop me!"

Among her alleged lovers were Rex Whistler, Greta Garbo, Marlene Dietrich, and Hattie McDaniels.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Did anyone watch Feud? Bette Davis and Joan Crawford's rivalry is the stuff of legends.

Reactions: 17
I heard years ago that Cary Grant had sex with dead people 😮. Don't know how much truth there is in that though

• Wow
Reactions: 10
Rumour is that Cary Grant was gay; he did a homoerotic(for the times) photo shoot with Randolph Scott. Cary would never admit to being gay, but privately, Randolph had no problem admitting it to people.

Plus, Cary dropped LSD over 100 times, supposedly on the advice of his psychiatrist.

• Wow
Reactions: 8