Old Hollywood gossip & stories

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'd encourage anyone interested in Old Hollywood deaths to go on over to the Find A Death directory. It's a treasure trove of information and good old fashioned gossip. A quick warning though; there's photos of dead people over there. I'd avoid the photos in the Jeffrey Dahmer article if I were you.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
Such a great thread, I went to live in LA for a year in my early twenties and subsequently became obsessed with old Hollywood.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I'd encourage anyone interested in Old Hollywood deaths to go on over to the Find A Death directory. It's a treasure trove of information and good old fashioned gossip. A quick warning though; there's photos of dead people over there. I'd avoid the photos in the Jeffrey Dahmer article if I were you.

I almost posted this but I know it’s not for everyone. Scott is an encyclopedia on not just celebrity deaths but Hollywood scandals. I took Scott’s tour when i went to Los Angeles and it was so good. He really does teach you about the history whilst keeping it light and not over the top. I highly recommend people interested in that site join Scott’s Death Hag group on Facebook.

Reactions: 8
The Find A Death forums are great as well. My rule about celebrity deaths is that if it isn't on the FAD forums. it's not true.

Reactions: 6
small scale and went over to Hollywood to try her hand at making the big-time.

She had little success, and after a while of trying to get movie work, her money was running out.
The chance of a major role came her way. Finally, her Agent got her an audition for a part in a movie that would change her life.
Days passed.
No call from the Agent about the audition and no other work came her way.
She waited and waited. No call came.
She felt desperate.
She felt like a failure.
She couldn't afford to go home to England.
And she couldn't see any way out of her situation.
She made her way up to the famous Hollywood sign in the hills and jumped to her death
The netflix show Hollywood is loosely based on Peg. Well its about actors making a film about her. I quite enjoyed it.

Reactions: 7
The netflix show Hollywood is loosely based on Peg. Well its about actors making a film about her. I quite enjoyed it.
Based on Scott Bowers’ tell all. I don’t particularly believe it all as according to him everyone is gay but it’s a fantastic read anyway.

• Haha
Audrey Hepburn‘s eating disorder began during the Nazi occupation of the Netherlands in WWII. My mum saw her dancing in the West End after the war and said Audrey was the thinnest person she had ever seen.
I could swear I read in the Netherlands people where reduced to eating tulip bulbs. Given how much her body suffered during the war her sons are miracles.

Reactions: 10
I could swear I read in the Netherlands people where reduced to eating tulip bulbs. Given how much her body suffered during the war her sons are miracles.
I read the same thing, it must’ve been absolutely awful.

Reactions: 8
I read the same thing, it must’ve been absolutely awful.
I know someone whose first memories are hiding in fields from the Allieds but she always had proper food. The poor people in the Netherlands back then? Breaks my cold dead heart.

MGM turned Judy Garland into a drug addict. They wanted her to stay childlike so she had diet drugs and l believe puberty delaying drugs. Those interrupted her sleep so she had sleepy drugs...then they couldn't keep her awake, enter uppers. It's unbelievable they got way with doing that to a child.
They did all sorts of awful things in old Hollywood. To people (even kids, as we’ve seen) but also to animals. Horses in westerns for example, were just shot and injured routinely. 😡

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 16
Just popped on and I’m glad to see my thread flourishing! Loving reading all the posts. I’m off to check out Find A Death.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Absolutely love this thread 💕💕. I love everything about the 50s, I wish I could go back to that time ❤❤❤........
Not to Hollywood though because some of the posts are horrifying 😲😲

Reactions: 7

After you said that, I was so curious that I went and looked at the Jeffrey Dahmer pics. Not good.

• Sad
Wasn’t there a John Wayne films that was filmed on a nuclear testing site and loads of people developed cancer as a result ?
Just googled it, it’s called The Conqueror

• Wow
Reactions: 9
Wasn’t there a John Wayne films that was filmed on a nuclear testing site and loads of people developed cancer as a result ?
Yep, Agnes Moorehead (Endora from 'Bewitched') was one of them. She died of cancer of the uterus in 1974.

• Sad
Reactions: 13
Another film idol that intrigued me was Jayne Mansfield,I read years ago that she had very high IQ very intelligent but she hid it and played the dumb blonde.
Mansfield is often revered as the "smartest dumb blonde in Hollywood." She had an I.Q. of 149, could speak five languages, and played the violin and piano. However she was aware the public didn't care. "They're more interested in 40-21-35," she said.30 Jan 2019

• Wow
Reactions: 17
The whole studio system fascinates me, it really did seem a period where anyone could be a star. I totally get why people dropped everything to go to Hollywood.
I'm a saddo and google map famous houses and imagine what it would be like to live there. It's not really old Hollywood in the same context but is anyone else into the history of Laurel Canyon and all the musicians of the 60s/70s making amazing music there?

Reactions: 12