Old Hollywood gossip & stories

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Apologies if already posted,but found this interesting, and shocking article on Shirley Temple.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 13
A colourised photo of Winston Churchill and Charlie Chaplin on the set of City Lights, 1929.

Screenshot_20231201_050128.jpg

Reactions: 10
Now *that* is a Christmas tree.
I haven't seen this film but it looks a good festive one - has anyone seen it?

Screenshot_20231202_032346.jpg

Reactions: 8
Now *that* is a Christmas tree.
I haven't seen this film but it looks a good festive one - has anyone seen it?

View attachment 2605092
it's got David Niven and Cary swoon Grant and Christmas- what more do you need 😁 ( to be honest I only watched it once, a long time ago and don't recall much).

**am watching Now Voyager on iplayer with Bette Davies**

Reactions: 6
A colourised photo of Winston Churchill and Charlie Chaplin on the set of City Lights, 1929.

View attachment 2603131
I had a huge crush on Charlie back when I was a teenager as under the costume, he was good-looking, especially in his younger days. Unsurprisingly, I went off him when I read about his preference for teenagers.

Capture.JPG

Reactions: 7
Everyday is a school day no matter how old you become.
Did anyone watch Archie with Jason Issac’s I enjoyed it.

a lovely watch for my fellow musical fans 😭

he sings it beautifully; i wonder why they chose to dub him in the film (though i know he’s also not the first actor that happened to).

on a side note: captain von trapp 🥵🥵

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I had a huge crush on Charlie back when I was a teenager as under the costume, he was good-looking, especially in his younger days. Unsurprisingly, I went off him when I read about his preference for teenagers.

View attachment 2605192
My aunt is adamant that Eddie Redmayne resembles a young Chaplin.

(While I'm here, highly recommend the 1992 film "Chaplin" a fascinating look into his life.)

Reactions: 6
My aunt is adamant that Eddie Redmayne resembles a young Chaplin.

(While I'm here, highly recommend the 1992 film "Chaplin" a fascinating look into his life.)
i can see it! if eddie r had his colouring (rather than being so fair), they’d look very alike. similar face shapes and noses.

Reactions: 3
it's got David Niven and Cary swoon Grant and Christmas- what more do you need 😁 ( to be honest I only watched it once, a long time ago and don't recall much).

**am watching Now Voyager on iplayer with Bette Davies**
I was babysitting this afternoon and while the liitle one had his nap I watched The Bishop's Wife on their Prime.
Oh my goodness it is a lovely film. So festive. Reminded me of a cross between It's a Wonderful Life and Harvey (for some reason).
Thoroughly recommended Christmas watch (y)

• Heart
Reactions: 7