Ohhitsonlyalice (Alice Thorpe)

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I know she’s said that she makes over the average pay for her age which is just ridiculous if that’s true!

I also was at the same uni as her and my friend watched her videos at the time. So my friend went up to her on a night out and she literally had the most bitchy, stuck up look on her face, said ‘hi’ in a patronising voice and walked away 😂😂😂 dunno who she thought she was! I saw her a fair few times vlogging around campus, so much for having social anxiety lol the girl was walking round like she was gods gift and famous
depends what you class as “average wage” for someone in their twenties. Alice is what.. 24 going on 25. This age bracket has such a range of what people are doing and earning. I have friends working in retail whilst doing their masters on £16k- £18k, some in the early stages of their career on £22ish.. others more established on maybe £28k and some who have worked up after graduating and earning in the £30ks. so claiming to earn “a bit more than average” is completely open to interpretation. I’ll never know why she didn’t graduate and go to get a job like most normal students do. She could have gained some great experience, earned some money, saved and then gone freelance later in her career. She doesn’t exactly do much compared to other influencers? She barely travels. Every day just seems to be her say in her “office” thinking she is a girl boss

Am I the only one who feels sorry for her? She’s desperate to be a ‘successful’ youtuber and you can sense the jealousy she has towards other younger youtubers who have a lot more brand deals and money. She needs to switch up her content- her vlogs are depressing with her sitting in her “office”. Also she seems stingy AF...

Am I the only one who feels sorry for her? She’s desperate to be a ‘successful’ youtuber and you can sense the jealousy she has towards other younger youtubers who have a lot more brand deals and money. She needs to switch up her content- her vlogs are depressing with her sitting in her “office”. Also she seems stingy AF...
yeah I know what you mean, it must be frustrating because she isn’t as successful assome of her friends/younger influencers. However YouTube and social media isn’t for everyone,it’s pretty much down to luck and Likeability and it’s Probably time Alice realises she should think about other options

Reactions: 1
I don’t. I get the impression she’s extremely spoilt, probably why her brother doesn’t like her because she’s the golden girl and gets her hand held through everything. She tries far too hard to be relatable but she’s been trying to do this for over 6 years, she’s just very mediocre at everything including her graphic design content, she does tutorials on things she’s only just learnt to do herself and it’s all very dull. At least when she was doing primark hauls every week she was getting views, I can’t imagine she’s making much money at the moment. I think she needs a bit of a reality check to realise she should switch up her life a bit but she won’t do it while mummy and daddy enable her.

Reactions: 2
Oh my god hun when it comes to you flogging tissue paper I think it’s time to call it a day 😂
What idiots are buying her stupid notebooks that look like something you get from Poundland

• Haha
I used to really like Alice, particularly her uni videos but now I’ve just can’t watch her content - it’s so boring and the same tit over and over. I don’t know how she is making a living, but I guess if she lives at home and is not paying rent then she doesn’t need to be raking it in. But she’s from Doncaster, I’m from the next town to there and it’s quite a rough area. I moved away for uni, and I’m surprised that Alice wouldn’t want to move out of Doncaster

I used to really like Alice, particularly her uni videos but now I’ve just can’t watch her content - it’s so boring and the same tit over and over. I don’t know how she is making a living, but I guess if she lives at home and is not paying rent then she doesn’t need to be raking it in. But she’s from Doncaster, I’m from the next town to there and it’s quite a rough area. I moved away for uni, and I’m surprised that Alice wouldn’t want to move out of Doncaster
Who would pack all of her orders for her if she moved away from Doncaster? 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I don't know how but she's hit 80k subscribers. Maybe she's found a successful niche, but I can't imagine her original "Alice's Army" still watching her videos.

It really bugs me that she has good packaging, and is all about being sustainable, but then she ruins it by putting unnecessary shredded paper on top.

In her latest video she says she employs her mum and is in the first stages of buying a house. Surely she can't be making that much money when her views are pretty low?

Reactions: 4
In her latest video she says she employs her mum and is in the first stages of buying a house. Surely she can't be making that much money when her views are pretty low?
She gets regular sponsorship, has put classes on to skillshare and is selling stuff quite regularly through her shop, I’m under the impression she doesn’t pay any rent either so I assume she’s chunked up quite the deposit, plus where she lives won’t be that expensive (relatively speaking)

She gets regular sponsorship, has put classes on to skillshare and is selling stuff quite regularly through her shop, I’m under the impression she doesn’t pay any rent either so I assume she’s chunked up quite the deposit, plus where she lives won’t be that expensive (relatively speaking)
True. I'm genuinely happy for her. Yeah, she's a little annoying from time to time, but she does seem to work hard, unlike many others.

What happened with her brother
Not sure but I do remember maybe a year ago she was really angry with him because he wouldn’t let her progress to the next level in martial arts. He is the instructor and she was hoping to go for the next belt but he wouldn’t let her or something. Now it turns out they’ve massively fallen out so I’m not sure if that has something to do with it.

True. I'm genuinely happy for her. Yeah, she's a little annoying from time to time, but she does seem to work hard, unlike many others.

Haha does she duck. She takes about 300 mental health days / breaks a year and releases about one product every 6 months which she then gets her mum to pack for her (before paying her and who comes home from a long day of work herself), her channel is dying and it’s really not going to be sustainable for long.

I’d be surprised to see her buy any property within the next few years unless she’s got another boyfriend who she’s buying with, or she’s managed to save up a lot of money from her parents paying for all her living expenses for years. When she says “phone calls have been made” she’s probably just called up a new build estate and asked them if she can come look around for a video.

I get the impression her brother doesn’t like how she’s treated like a princess and bosses her parents around and he was expected to do the same and give her the next belt without putting the work in or being good enough, simply because they’re related.

How on earth has she got 100k subs, each videos get about 3k views. Must be buying subs

Reactions: 5
How on earth has she got 100k subs, each videos get about 3k views. Must be buying subs
She always seems to get a lot of subs around the time that people go to Uni and discover her old Uni videos and subscribe not realising that she now makes videos where printing one thing in her box office is all in a days work.

She's really been annoying me lately when she mentions how her mum now works for her. She comes across as looking down on her mum and seems quite rude when she tells her what to do.

Reactions: 4
She's really been annoying me lately when she mentions how her mum now works for her. She comes across as looking down on her mum and seems quite rude when she tells her what to do.
oh 100%, she gives her mum all the tedious jobs. I swear in a blog she said her mum packed all her Black Friday orders while she was still asleep. I’d understand if she was busy working away smashing out new designs / products all day but she releases about 6 things a year.