Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Cynic123

I don’t know who priya is as I don’t watch love island but found all the stories so cringeworthy. Why doesn’t she just accept she’s posh and mega privileged.

Reactions: 5
I read her book over the summer as it was in my local library and I was curious.

It's alright; less of an insight into being an influencer generally and more into being Oenone specifically. It was interesting to hear about her Instagram journey and her story generally: being assaulted, having an abortion, talking about her break up from Matt and admitting she has a dog. But it really lacked any depth, for me personally. I felt like she could have delved more into what being an influencer means, the impact Instagram culture is having on society and the impacts of her 'influencing'. She touches on these points but it felt like those should've have been the majority of the book, and her personal stories should've been woven in to make her points. It mostly just feels autobiographical.

Reactions: 5

shoppingismycardio

Chatty Member
There is a difference between witty/amusing funny and laugh out loud funny.
some of the things she has written/said are funny but they’re not stand-up-comedy-laugh-out-loud funny
I actually would love to see one of her shows and see if she’s actually funny or if the people attending are just her stans who throw her a mercy chuckle

Reactions: 4

emm

VIP Member
yeh I haven't even managed to listen to a whole episode of the podcast, she really just dominates the whole conversation when the whole point of an interviw is that the guests talk more

• Heart

emm

VIP Member
I thought it was interesting too when she mentioned the other day her only stream of revenue at the min is Instagram ads. Which if I’m not wrong, are few and far between? Says to me that she surely can’t be living off that alone
yeah definitely not, especially with all of the expensive furniture she is buying etc, no way most young people (unless those who work in banking etc) are able to pay rent for a flat in London on their own

Westeryonder21

Regarding the private school but no savings from parents, their circumstances may have changed. Perhaps they had money then and not now, or they were able to afford nice house and wealthy upbringing but now they need to keep their money for their own retirement due to losing a job or not being able to work. Must suck for her parents as she has not put her private education to good use IMO, not yet anyway. Following your dreams is all well and good but influencers may not be earning enough money for London rent forever and I don't think her art/comedy will pay the bills.

Also, I personally know a few people who "scrimped and saved" to send their kids to private school when they could barely afford it although they of course were in a much better position than most money wise they just chose to spend all savings on the kids schooling. So I didn't necessarily disagree with her wording, it just comes across as ignorant as private schools can cost more than what some people earn in an entire year.

View attachment 704491

A means to document weight loss? I scrolled to the bottom of her Instagram as she doesn’t strike me as a person who would have been overweight. I can’t see any photos of her weight loss journey just pictures of her lifting her top up showing her shredded abs and her in the gym.
Oenone started out as a fitness influencer and has spoken a lot in podcasts about how she was quite obsessed with exercise and food etc but has overcome it now. I’m surprised she’s not gone back through her gram and deleted those pics really seeing as she’s clearly trying to reinvent herself atm.

Has our good sis Uh No Nee had her lips done?
I don’t think she has actually. Looks like she’s just pursing her lips a lot to make them plumper and over lining maybe.

Westeryonder21

If I was an influencer who travelled so much I wouldn't admit I had a dog either - another pandemic dog that doesn't actually suit the lifestyle of the person who bought it 🙄 one holiday a year and dog with family/or kennels is one thing, but she was in Italy writing that book for how long? Always out as well in the evenings, girls trips etc

The decision to not post the dog was calculated to not get constant criticism.

popples

She just tagged him in her stories and from his profile (before he went private) there are photos of him in Paris at the same time as Oenone

ellamae

Chatty Member
Got the impression it was his flat (bought or rent I don’t know) and she moved in. Not gonna lie, lucky girl!
It’s giving those girlfriend tik tok vids who move in with their bf and makeover their flats. In her case, making everything pink 😅

Spicegirl101

Chatty Member
Anyone else used to follow her when she didn’t wear makeup? Long time ago, around that time I loved her. She’s totally changed as a person. So up herself

Westeryonder21

She says she hasn't had work done except botox and lip filler but that face has cheek filler written all over it.

I think at one point she said she had gained weight which yh maybe a little, but she has also for sure had filler work done.

Not saying anything ia wrong with that it's just why she's been looking different lately.

ea1994

Just to clarify, she isn’t actually a barrister. She’s doing the BPTC (bar training course), and you don’t become a barrister until you secure a pupillage. These are very difficult to come by and doesn’t look like she has one so essentially she is just a paralegal at the moment

• Haha