Odd Neighbours / Neighbour Problems

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have some good news if anyone was following my tit neighbour story, I have found a perfect house and we are moving in 6-8 weeks :giggle:. I know the neighbours and I’m really confident we will be happy there. The relief I feel knowing it is coming to an end is keeping me so positive I barely notice them anymore. For anyone else having problems I hope you can get it sorted before it gets worse, this has to be one of the most stressful things I’ve been through (aside my childhood) so I hope it comes to an end for you too and all these bastards get their karma.

• Heart
Reactions: 38
Not really a neighbour problem but a bit weird.

Moved into our new house in October and a month or so later the neighbours opposite accosted me and accused me of setting their alarms off when I reversed onto my driveway - she said it sets off really loud alarms throughout the house and that there’s alarms on the fence at the front of their house. So I apologised and thought nothing of it albeit a bit odd... then I thought well if my car sets of these deafening alarms surely the postie would or a passerby? Anyway I looked and there are no alarms on the fence just reflectors.... and ever since they come and stand on their doorstep and watch me park most times I get home. Bizzare.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 24

Moved into our new house in October and a month or so later the neighbours opposite accosted me and accused me of setting their alarms off when I reversed onto my driveway - she said it sets off really loud alarms throughout the house and that there’s alarms on the fence at the front of their house. So I apologised and thought nothing of it albeit a bit odd... then I thought well if my car sets of these deafening alarms surely the postie would or a passerby? Anyway I looked and there are no alarms on the fence just reflectors.... and ever since they come and stand on their doorstep and watch me park most times I get home. Bizzare.
i hate neighbours like this.

This is code stop turning in my drive

Reactions: 5
My favourite odd neighbour was someone on our road who we could see from our upstairs windows... Sounds a bit like we are just being nosey but when someone has a Christmas tree lit up up all year round, and walks around stark naked aside from a santa hat with all their lights on... You kinda can't help noticing 😂

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 27
Has anyone got any advice on how to stop cats shitting in my garden? I do understand that my neighbour can’t stop them but it’s extremely frustrating! I’ve had a lovely vegetable garden for the last few years but can’t now as they dig it up and tit in it. They tit by the kids play area even in the front garden. We’ve tried all sorts of remedies and repellents but getting no where fast! Plus I think the neighbour is a bit of a creep, he started talking to my five year old over the fence, just gives me the creeps!
we have to use the ultra sonic scarers- the cats round here love to use our garden as a toilet - they don’t choose soil - they just unload piles of it on the grass, which isn’t even long. ( it’s definitely cat mess) the scarers do work, although get through quite a few batteries.
I feel your frustration 😡

• Wow
Reactions: 6
Hi I'm looking for advice hope this is okay to post - might be a long one so apologies.

For information purposes I am in Scotland (Central belt)

My neighbour has 2x security Cameras, one is constantly pointing towards my home and garden. I contacted the neighbour and explained how I felt myself and my child's privacy was being invaded as the camera is pointing towards my home and when I am in my garden he moves the camera following me.

I was very polite in how I asked yet the neighbour responded saying I was accusing him of being a rapist and a peadofile. I absolutely did not say these words.

I'd sent him a copy of the ICO guidelines and he said he doesn't care or have to adhere to them as he is not a business or corporation.

I asked for a copy of any footage that includes myself or my child to which he denied and said 'your not getting jack tit' (all via social media so have copied of the messages)

I contacted the ICO over the phone and they advised me to contact the police as it came under harrasment.

I contacted the police and they have visited me this morning, they have spoken with the neighbour and he has shown them footage which does not include myself or my child but the officers do understand when I put forward to them that he most likely has tailored footage to show that myself or my son are not included they fully agreed with me.

The police stated themselves that he is not the most pleasant of persons and understood why I feel the way I do. They have also confirmed that the camera is a fish eye lens and covers his home but does also extend onto other properties including my own.

The police have advised me that there is little they can do as it is a civil matter and I have been advised to contact my local council and citizens advice which I plan to. I will also contact the ICO again.

They have also advised me to keep a diary which I have now begun. Once the police left he stood at his front doorstep and stuck his middle finger up at me twice.

If anyone can offer any help or advice that would be greatly appreciated.

• Sad
  • Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 16
Hi I'm looking for advice hope this is okay to post - might be a long one so apologies.

My neighbour has 2x security Cameras, one is constantly pointing towards my home and garden. I contacted the neighbour and explained how I felt myself and my child's privacy was being invaded as the camera is pointing towards my home and when I am in my garden he moves the camera following me.

I was very polite in how I asked yet the neighbour responded saying I was accusing him of being a rapist and a peadofile. I absolutely did not say these words.

I'd sent him a copy of the ICO guidelines and he said he doesn't care or have to adhere to them as he is not a business or corporation.

I asked for a copy of any footage that includes myself or my child to which he denied and said 'your not getting jack tit' (all via social media so have copied of the messages)

I contacted the ICO over the phone and they advised me to contact the police as it came under harrasment.

I contacted the police and they have visited me this morning, they have spoken with the neighbour and he has shown them footage which does not include myself or my child but the officers do understand when I put forward to them that he most likely has tailored footage to show that myself or my son are not included they fully agreed with me.

The police stated themselves that he is not the most pleasant of persons and understood why I feel the way I do. They have also confirmed that the camera is a fish eye lens and covers his home but does also extend onto other properties including my own.

The police have advised me that there is little they can do as it is a civil matter and I have been advised to contact my local council and citizens advice which I plan to. I will also contact the ICO again.

They have also advised me to keep a diary which I have now begun. Once the police left he stood at his front doorstep and stuck his middle finger up at me twice.

I would seek legal advice. I've heard nothing but conflicting issues with this, the Police and ICO will just claim it's not their responsibility and you'll be left frustrated. Legal is the only way to get firm advice and support on the matter.
Good luck x

Reactions: 8

I have cctv on my home; on the driveway, front garden and back garden. When ours was set up our installer showed us how to privacy mask which means drawing black squares to black out other peoples properties and gardens so it just shows ours only. If my neighbours needed proof that their homes were blacked out i would be happy to show them live undoctored footage as I have an app on my phone showing the recordings.
Has your neighbour offered to prove that your home is not in view or if it is can he show you it is blacked out? If they are not willing to do so then it definitly needs to be reported. Xxxx

Reactions: 3
I would seek legal advice. I've heard nothing but conflicting issues with this, the Police and ICO will just claim it's not their responsibility and you'll be left frustrated. Legal is the only way to get firm advice and support on the matter.
Good luck x
I wouldn't know where to start with legal advice and worried about cost as I recently lost my job.

I have cctv on my home; on the driveway, front garden and back garden. When ours was set up our installer showed us how to privacy mask which means drawing black squares to black out other peoples properties and gardens so it just shows ours only. If my neighbours needed proof that their homes were blacked out i would be happy to show them live undoctored footage as I have an app on my phone showing the recordings.
Has your neighbour offered to prove that your home is not in view or if it is can he show you it is blacked out? If they are not willing to do so then it definitly needs to be reported. Xxxx
No he's not offered anything like that, if he did then I would be more than happy to let it go but it's making me feel so uncomfortable in my home.

• Heart
Reactions: 1

Get a camera installed pointing straight back at him, rude creepy git! Deffo seek legal advice. You may have to sue him privately though

Reactions: 10
My ex neighbours had a camera pointing at our house. One of the many weird things they did. I checked but there wasn’t much we could do. Thankfully they moved.

I wouldn't know where to start with legal advice and worried about cost as I recently lost my job.

No he's not offered anything like that, if he did then I would be more than happy to let it go but it's making me feel so uncomfortable in my home.
You can seek free legal advice via a legal clinic, citizens advice sometimes provide legal drop-in services or look to see if students who study law are providing free clinics (supervised by qualified law experts) as part of their degrees. They tend to be quite common this time of the uni year.

Thankfully we live in a really nice house with really nice neighbours now....

Prior to this we lived in a typical Suburban street - the neighbours were generally lovely - kept an eye on the house if you were on holiday and took parcels in etc, but kept themselves to themselves.

There was a nosy family a couple of doors down but we kept them at arms length.

My attached neighbours were an older couple with a twenty-something son who was profoundly deaf and had learning disabilities. Unfortunately the couple died within a relatively short time frame of one another and the son inherited the house.

A couple of years later, people (who were clearly druggies and their dealers) start turning up at all hours. I’d just had a baby so was up at all hours doing night feeds and saw it all. One day, around 20 police offices turned up, raided the house and arrested the son. The police came to interview us and I told them that he was (and always had been) a good kid and he was clearly been taken advantage of by the local drug ring. I told them what l knew and then everything died down.

But following the police raid, the rest of the street went on a vendetta against him, doing everything they could to get him arrested. I think they thought I might be an ally and sent their nosiest member for an update. He said that he’d spoken to the police on numerous occasions, telling them that Asians had suddenly started appearing on the street and that we don’t have ‘that sort’ around here!! I was furious and told him that I don’t have racists in my house so he should leave.... which then turned the venom on me.

We decided to sell our house as we wanted some more space for our son to play. A few days after it went on the market a young couple came to view it and offered the asking price - we were delighted. The next day, they came for a drive by (as you do) and we’re stopped by the nosy neighbour who told them that we were moving as we were attached to a drug den (when we’d actually had no problems for almost a year). They obviously rescinded their offer.

We eventually got out thankfully. And so did the kid next door who went on to live a normal life supported by family.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 18

Hello

I have said this before I am in the same boat as you but I live in a flat in the north of Scotland honestly my neighobour has a camera on my door watching everything I do and there is nothing anyone can do he records me 24/7 I'm in a flat and then police/council wont do a thing he has already put in a videos of my saying I'm with junkies and that i let them in the building thank god housing officer knows it wasnt me. This boy has had parties the whole of lockdown which I have complained about and also my eighbour upstairs doesn't know what day it is and I'm in a tough place atm with it and the council doesn't take responsibility hes allowed to record my flat 24/7

• Sad
Reactions: 6
Hello

I have said this before I am in the same boat as you but I live in a flat in the north of Scotland honestly my neighobour has a camera on my door watching everything I do and there is nothing anyone can do he records me 24/7 I'm in a flat and then police/council wont do a thing he has already put in a videos of my saying I'm with junkies and that i let them in the building thank god housing officer knows it wasnt me. This boy has had parties the whole of lockdown which I have complained about and also my eighbour upstairs doesn't know what day it is and I'm in a tough place atm with it and the council doesn't take responsibility hes allowed to record my flat 24/7
Im sorry your going through it too its disgusting how noone seems to care. What your going through sounds like it could be pushing on the lines of harassment especially sending videos of you i mean who does that!?

When he has parties keep contacting the council, we have a safer neighbourhood team who come out to witness noise it was police during the harsher lockdowns. With enough evidence from them and if your reporting he could get into trouble and be told not to have parties or possibly an asbo through court. Keep reporting its an absolute pain in the arse and it takes a good while but persist because you should be allowed to live in peace and privacy.

Good luck to you ❤

Hello

I would buy a camera and position it opposite his camera..... two can play at that game ....

Reactions: 14
Im sorry your going through it too its disgusting how noone seems to care. What your going through sounds like it could be pushing on the lines of harassment especially sending videos of you i mean who does that!?

When he has parties keep contacting the council, we have a safer neighbourhood team who come out to witness noise it was police during the harsher lockdowns. With enough evidence from them and if your reporting he could get into trouble and be told not to have parties or possibly an asbo through court. Keep reporting its an absolute pain in the arse and it takes a good while but persist because you should be allowed to live in peace and privacy.

Good luck to you ❤
He phoned the police and told them I was harassing him and they came out spoke to us both and he just keeps getting worse like sending videos to my housing offcier constatly of me and my elderly neighbour who doesn't know what is my old neighbour we think might have dementia or something and he sends videos to the council and the elderly neighbour thinks it me it's not unless he woke me up. I thought of a camera but I'm waiting to know if I'm getting a move or not they want me to go private and I refuse but there not been really helpful.

• Sad
we have to use the ultra sonic scarers- the cats round here love to use our garden as a toilet - they don’t choose soil - they just unload piles of it on the grass, which isn’t even long. ( it’s definitely cat mess) the scarers do work, although get through quite a few batteries.
I feel your frustration 😡
Cats don't like Vick Ointment. They used to make a right mess in the small area at each side of our front door so I bought some cheap own brand vick type ointment and smothered it on some pebbles which I put in that area, turned upside down so it would not get washed off. It worked.

They sound bonkers! 🙄

Cats don't like Vick Ointment. They used to make a right mess in the small area at each side of our front door so I bought some cheap own brand vick type ointment and smothered it on some pebbles which I put in that area, turned upside down so it would not get washed off. It worked.
Cats hate the smell of Eucalyptus and I think this is an ingredient of Vicks.

Reactions: 4
So I am at a loss yesterday my elderly neighbour has been banging down my door I open it he said something about a phone and i said no i cant help you and shut my door. Last night he been hammering stuff and screaming and shouting and iv not had a good sleep a d then again this morning he went to my neighbour door who has the camera he slammed the door in his face and then he came and banged on my door I was told not to answer but ignore which I did he then went out in his jammies asking random people in to the building to help him he also forgot his keys and buzzing my nwigjvour buzzer to which he wasnt happy about and opened the door and then slammed his own door I called out if hours social work who told me they cant do anything and iv been told to look for private rental by council and mp as this ain't getting resolved anytime soon I'm at a loss.

• Sad
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.