Odd Neighbours / Neighbour Problems

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
4 year old screaming daily between 7.45-8am (also once at 3am. Much appreciated) and general banging around (it sounds like someone is literally hitting the wall with a hammer????) daily between 6-7pm. How they are unaware of the noisthey are making I’ve no idea.

Also slamming car doors at pre 8am.

Sooooo inconsiderate.

• Angry
Reactions: 7
People who think it is acceptable to make noise before 9am.

I'm sorry but no. No mowing, sawing, drilling, washing of cars, talking so loudly (so I can hear every detail of your conversation) to anybody.

Just shut the duck up. And actually I'm not sorry.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28

I'm sorry but no. No mowing, sawing, drilling, washing of cars, talking so loudly (so I can hear every detail of your conversation) to anybody.

Amen to that. Loud music, slamming doors, leaving cars running. Anyone who does that... They can all duck off

Reactions: 14
our bottom neighbours have about 8 kids who do what they want, destroy the garden and get rubbish out the bins and play with it, her 2 year old often plays out unattended, they've also made the front of our block like a scrap yard mopeds, cars, and now a caravan! 😅😅 also there dog barks constantly and makes the block smell like piss. my other neighbour is a alcoholic, shes lost her husband and 1 of her kids because she has all night parties smokes weed and is a cokehead shes always got people round the noise is a joke shes got a friend who's a bad influence and she's just going further and further down hill all she cares about is the friend and alcohol and drugs nothing else ! my other neighbour is a nosey witch who likes to try and make people feel sorry for her she rarely leaves her house but talks about everyone being there backs shes very sneaky.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 5
Next door want to cut a tree down in our garden. The branches slightly over hang into their garden and the leaves drop on their kids trampoline. They don’t bother to clean up the leaves and I overheard them in the garden yesterday go ‘that tree needs to go’. Surely they can’t just climb over and cut our tree down?!

• Wow
Reactions: 1
Next door want to cut a tree down in our garden. The branches slightly over hang into their garden and the leaves drop on their kids trampoline. They don’t bother to clean up the leaves and I overheard them in the garden yesterday go ‘that tree needs to go’. Surely they can’t just climb over and cut our tree down?!
I want to say no, and I'm pretty sure they can't however our neighbours are sun worshippers.
They scaled a high wooden fence, topped with barbed wire to chop down a beautiful, big, old tree which is on private farming land because at some point in the day it blocks sunlight in their garden.

I hate them and am dying for the land owner to find it and do something. Oh, and they sat out today, her in a bikini, him with no top on. It was 10 degrees and cloudy.

• Haha
  • Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 7
my head neighbour has embarrassed himself properly. We had a skip removed from our garden, I moved my car from out front so the lorry could get in and once that was done I went back outside to move my car back and out comes the neighbour who gets in his car, I give him a half smile (the sort you give when you don’t really like,someone 😏 ) he ignores me, drives dramatically at the skip lorry who was straightening up in the road , then winds his window down yelling about how he has to go and pick his kid up from school cos he’s ill etc and tooting his horn at the driver! The driver was only straightening up in the road for 30 seconds, perfectly legally. I said to him “ don’t tell me, tell him” then he drives off at speed across the pavement, through the gap where my car was and off down the road. Thankfully there was no one crossing, cycling or walking past at the time the utter moron.
head neighbour again- ages ago he friend requested me on Facebook, I didn’t want to accept because I don’t really want to get too pally with my neighbours, but did because it would look rude not too. Anyway, I noticed I’d not seen him on there and looked and he’d unfriended me so had obviously accidentally sent a friend request Whilst nosying at my FB. Silly move really because then I went into online stalker mode, found his Twitter account, hes been whining on there about my husband doing DIY, utter tosser, we moved into a reno 2 years ago and although he claims on Twitter it’s been non stop, it hasn’t it’s been spread out because my husband is a key worker and so has been extra busy at work the last year. Fuckin moaner! Darent show my husband or he will definitelysay something to him 😂

Reactions: 8
My neighbours seem to think we hate cats because we let a stray kitten shelter in our garden shed and she naturally ended up just sleeping there constantly. Took the cat to the vets to check for a microchip and they told us to leave her alone so she goes back home, so my neighbour took that as me throwing a young kitten outside somehow 🤦‍♀️ Partially can't blame them but I literally asked her if she knew who's cat it was and that I couldn't keep her inside because we have our own cat and two dogs, so introducing cats as recommended was a bit harder - otherwise I would have tried to. Heard her straight up say that we threw a kitten outside to her friends and it was like... no, we gave her a space in the shed and tried to keep her as warm as possible when she wouldn't go home and we couldn't find an owner

Some random cat showed up out of nowhere and has been begging the whole neighbourhood for food. He's black and white and they were trying to find the owner but just left him out since he seems well fed and happy. Today they saw my cat (who's lived with us for 3 years or so now) looking out the window and thought that it was the same cat, won't be surprised if something comes out of this too but man it annoyed me

She used to run around her house on the phone screaming at someone and crying. Also had a bit of an affair with someone's husband and the wife used to show up and cause a whole argument, though at least that was somewhat entertaining I suppose

If it’s your tree (if the trunk of it is in your garden) then no they can’t cut it down. They do have a legal right to cut branches back to the boundary but only to the boundary and no further.

Reactions: 6
Neighbour in his 60’s sunbathing in his speedos in back garden whilst his daughter sits next to him in a winter coat🙈 Garden is overlooked by other neighbours. Felt traumatised🤢

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 16

On the back of this peoples kids who scream when they play out. Why though? Constant screaming and they stay out until gone 10pm some nights.

Reactions: 5
One of my neighbours always has music playing outside. Every day. Even in winter.

It isn't the radio as there are no adverts and they are all weepy depressing songs.

He is often working outside doing something to the garden, but also leaves it playing while he goes inside. He walks around with a Bluetooth earpiece in (one of the old ones people used to use in the early 00s) so why he doesn't play music through that I don't know. Or just buy some bloody headphones

Reactions: 4
Men with leaf blowers (only said men as I have never seen a woman using one) who start before 8am on a weekend and don’t collect the leaves up. Just move them out of their garden onto the road, for the wind to blow them back in again. Really grinds my gears.

Also some people with kids don’t generally care if they are making noise early as they’re used to it and experiencing it (I once got asked why I wasn’t up at 7am on a Sunday morning when I asked if the noise could be kept down), or making noise outside as it means they’re not making noise inside! Same people who are happy to let their offspring run amok in a pub/beer garden because there are other people to keep an eye on them and they’re enjoying their drinks.

• Wow
Reactions: 15
Men with leaf blowers (only said men as I have never seen a woman using one) who start before 8am on a weekend and don’t collect the leaves up. Just move them out of their garden onto the road, for the wind to blow them back in again. Really grinds my gears.
my neighbour doesn’t just blow his leaves into the road he blows them into my driveway so I have to get rid of them!
He also uses his leaf blower to blow the grass off his lawn when he cuts it all into his flower beds and into mine too. I don’t know why he can’t leave his cut grass on his lawn, it looks worse when it’s all over the plants.

Reactions: 1
Our next door neighbours have four kids under the age of 5. They scream on and off from around 7am - midnight every. Single. Day. Usually when I’m in the middle of a work call. They also scrape their dining chairs back and forth for half an hour each morning and use the radiators as a drum kit. I wouldn’t mind but we live in a terrace house - they’re the end terrace so we’re their only neighbours and they just seem to have no respect for us whatsoever 😩 also the guy quite regularly likes to poke his head over the fence and join in with our conversations when he’s been eavesdropping 😂 we refer to him as ‘Nick Swainey’ because we literally feel like an episode of One Foot in the Grave 😂

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
Does anyone else think this is weird?

We have a neighbour who has always been nasty to us, and have had problems with her such as criminal damage to our garden, harassment and had family of hers saying horrible things about us so we can overhear in our garden, plus tells other neighbours complete lies about us.
We thought it had calmed down a bit but now shes taken to coming out into her garden whenever we are in ours and she stands and stares at us through the fence (there are little gaps in the slats, we can see her but not sure she realises this), and listens to us talking. Now it's getting to be every time we're out there. I know it sounds as if she has a sad little life (she does) but i'm really getting disturbed by it, we spend a lot of time in the garden as we all have disabilities but i'm getting to the stage where I don't want to be out there.. another neighbour said it sounds like shes stalking us. Is it me being too het up over it, or would you find it weird?
Further to my crazy neighbour story ^
had a discussion with police who say they can't do anything. Especially as she hasnt actually said anything to us. Literally the police told us we'd have to have a big row before they will do anything. But my heart won't take a row, I try to avoid arguments because I'm too ill. I have a condition where I could go to sleep one night and my heart might just stop, and i live with that every day. But it seems that because this woman stays on the 'legal' side of harassment then that's ok. Its like being poked in the side every single day. And because we're in private accommodation no one will do anything. Oh and mediation is about £600 !!!

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 3
Kind of a neighbour story but more asking for advice.

My neighbours kid has an annoying habit of pressing his face against my lounge window and staring at me. You can’t see in my lounge unless your face is up against it.

I want something to deter him from coming on my front lawn and doing that. Does anyone have any suggestions? I was thinking of a planter box so he physically can’t get up to my window but resent having to pay 100s for it!

I’m sick of having my blinds shut tbh!

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 6
Kind of a neighbour story but more asking for advice.

My neighbours kid has an annoying habit of pressing his face against my lounge window and staring at me. You can’t see in my lounge unless your face is up against it.

I want something to deter him from coming on my front lawn and doing that. Does anyone have any suggestions? I was thinking of a planter box so he physically can’t get up to my window but resent having to pay 100s for it!

I’m sick of having my blinds shut tbh!
Maybe either speak to the parents or a small picture of a horror film character pointing outwards.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Maybe either speak to the parents or a small picture of a horror film character pointing outwards.
🤣 He’d probably come up to the window just to see what that picture was.

Yep spoken to the parents. The kid has some behavioural and developmental problems so simply telling him over and over not to do something doesn’t work. It would have to be something to make him unable to reach the window.

Reactions: 3
🤣 He’d probably come up to the window just to see what that picture was.

Yep spoken to the parents. The kid has some behavioural and developmental problems so simply telling him over and over not to do something doesn’t work. It would have to be something to make him unable to reach the window.
Barbed wire

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.