Odd Neighbours / Neighbour Problems

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So I am at a loss yesterday my elderly neighbour has been banging down my door I open it he said something about a phone and i said no i cant help you and shut my door. Last night he been hammering stuff and screaming and shouting and iv not had a good sleep a d then again this morning he went to my neighbour door who has the camera he slammed the door in his face and then he came and banged on my door I was told not to answer but ignore which I did he then went out in his jammies asking random people in to the building to help him he also forgot his keys and buzzing my nwigjvour buzzer to which he wasnt happy about and opened the door and then slammed his own door I called out if hours social work who told me they cant do anything and iv been told to look for private rental by council and mp as this ain't getting resolved anytime soon I'm at a loss.
Is this behaviour out of the ordinary? If so, he could be unwell?

Reactions: 2
My neighbour asked me to stop our cat from going into his garden. Am I supposed to be watching his every move and stop him from doing what cats do?
if you don’t like him in your garden, just shoo him away! something so small and trivial, but he’s a miserable hole and I’ve never liked him so this annoyed me even more. Bear in mind here that he is literally only wandering around sniffing things, just being a cat, not doing anything wrong.
My parents had a similar issue with a neighbour when I was about 16 .. so this happened about 15 years ago ..

we moved from Dorset to Hampshire when I was a teenager and my parents have lived there since , my dad is a gardener and got a great job at a stately home in Hampshire so we moved in my first GCSE year (thanks guys , loved that !)

They bought a house on a quiet cul-de-sac and still live there now , and their neighbour was an older German lady who had lived there for nearly 30 years .. her husband had passed a few years prior to us moving in , she was probably in her late seventies

We had a cat and he’d always been an outdoor cat and so nothing changed when we moved , we had a cat flap and he came and went as he pleased .. my mum worked 3 days a week , my dad worked full time and my sister and I were at school or college all day everyday so we didn’t know where the cat went when we were gone but he’s a cat and that’s how cats are 😂

one day I came home from school and there was cat poo all over our front door step .. like tonnes of it .. no cat could produce that much in one go .. we knew it was cat tit because nothing smells quite like it , awful smell .. it was also mixed in with a load of soil

my parents were so confused but cleared it up and left it .. about six weeks later it happened again

The third time it happened it was during a school holiday and I was at home , as was my mum .. we heard a kerfuffle at the front door and my mum opened it thinking it was the postman ... turns out it was our neiughbour !! Unbeknown to us , our cat had been pooing in her borders and she was collecting it in a carrier bag in her garage and when there was enough dumping it on our doorstep

My mum was so shocked , she confronted the lady but was just baffled , mum said she was so sorry , and that she had full permission to spray our cat with a hose or whatever if she caught him doing it but to please stop dumping the tit or we’d have to call the police .. the lady didn’t apologise , just said it’s what we get for having such a disgusting animal in our house 😅 and she shuffled off home

I think the poor lady was losing her marbles a bit .. my mum caught her son one day coming out of the house and told him about the crappy situation and he was so embarrassed about it all and it didn’t happen again after that .. she passed away a few years later .. we still laugh about this story though and my husband thinks we’ve made it up it sounds so surreal 🤣🤣

That’s the best one I have !!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
Is this behaviour out of the ordinary? If so, he could be unwell?
No to be honest this is him but I'm the one that living under him and hearing everything and its affecting me iv been told to look for a private rent as there nothing else I can do if did everything.

• Sad
Reactions: 1
I’ve posted on here before but my NDN keeps playing music (loud) at random times! Had to listen to Beyoncé’s back catalogue earlier at 9am, full blast. She lets her kids play out at all hours too and I cringe seeing the smallest one run over the road when a car is coming 😵

• Sad
Reactions: 4
My parents had a similar issue with a neighbour when I was about 16 .. so this happened about 15 years ago ..

we moved from Dorset to Hampshire when I was a teenager and my parents have lived there since , my dad is a gardener and got a great job at a stately home in Hampshire so we moved in my first GCSE year (thanks guys , loved that !)

They bought a house on a quiet cul-de-sac and still live there now , and their neighbour was an older German lady who had lived there for nearly 30 years .. her husband had passed a few years prior to us moving in , she was probably in her late seventies

We had a cat and he’d always been an outdoor cat and so nothing changed when we moved , we had a cat flap and he came and went as he pleased .. my mum worked 3 days a week , my dad worked full time and my sister and I were at school or college all day everyday so we didn’t know where the cat went when we were gone but he’s a cat and that’s how cats are 😂

one day I came home from school and there was cat poo all over our front door step .. like tonnes of it .. no cat could produce that much in one go .. we knew it was cat tit because nothing smells quite like it , awful smell .. it was also mixed in with a load of soil

my parents were so confused but cleared it up and left it .. about six weeks later it happened again

The third time it happened it was during a school holiday and I was at home , as was my mum .. we heard a kerfuffle at the front door and my mum opened it thinking it was the postman ... turns out it was our neiughbour !! Unbeknown to us , our cat had been pooing in her borders and she was collecting it in a carrier bag in her garage and when there was enough dumping it on our doorstep

My mum was so shocked , she confronted the lady but was just baffled , mum said she was so sorry , and that she had full permission to spray our cat with a hose or whatever if she caught him doing it but to please stop dumping the tit or we’d have to call the police .. the lady didn’t apologise , just said it’s what we get for having such a disgusting animal in our house 😅 and she shuffled off home

I think the poor lady was losing her marbles a bit .. my mum caught her son one day coming out of the house and told him about the crappy situation and he was so embarrassed about it all and it didn’t happen again after that .. she passed away a few years later .. we still laugh about this story though and my husband thinks we’ve made it up it sounds so surreal 🤣🤣

Amazing story but also horrific. Cat poo can actually be really toxic... she’s lucky no one was ill

Amazing story but also horrific. Cat poo can actually be really toxic... she’s lucky no one was ill
exactly , she is so lucky that my sister and I were teenagers , a smaller child could have touched it and played with it and god knows what might’ve happened

i think this lady is my spirit animal. I'd love to do this to neighbour and her 4 bleeping moggies that make my garden unusable to m children unless i go out there with a fine tooth comb every day

• Haha
Reactions: 8
i think this lady is my spirit animal. I'd love to do this to neighbour and her 4 bleeping moggies that make my garden unusable to m children unless i go out there with a fine tooth comb every day
Have you tried sprinkling eucalyptus oil ... or make a spray with the oil and water, cats hate the smell. Or chilli powder...or both?

Have you tried sprinkling eucalyptus oil ... or make a spray with the oil and water, cats hate the smell. Or chilli powder...or both?
I've tried everything except eucalyptus. They're even immune to my noise repellents now. think I'll give eucalyptus a go. It's horrific. She refuses to acknowledge its her cats and is like they have to go somewhere. Yes bleeping litter boxes in your bastard house. I fell out with her last year about it, but ended up making up cos she is a nice lady really just blind to what my issue is.

I've tried everything except eucalyptus. They're even immune to my noise repellents now. think I'll give eucalyptus a go. It's horrific. She refuses to acknowledge its her cats and is like they have to go somewhere. Yes bleeping litter boxes in your bastard house. I fell out with her last year about it, but ended up making up cos she is a nice lady really just blind to what my issue is.
I used to have cats but they didn’t leave our garden ever as they’d started life as house cats. They’d only crap in the litter tray. They did have a neighbour’s cat come and visit which was fine when he was a kitten but when he grew up he’d attack my two. I bought a super soaker to deter him.

I honestly feel this woman’s pain. As a non cat owner it can be rage inducing to have to pick up someone else’s cat poo. I can see how she snapped 😂 though her reaction is extreme, it’s what all of us wish we could do!
Is there a way to block their access to your garden? I know there’s stuff you can put across the fence to stop them getting out - maybe there’s something to stop them getting in?

Used teabags soaked in olbas oil

As a cat owner I do feel guilty about where my cats might go to the toilet , my current neighbours have never complained thankfully so I hope they just do it in ours

Reactions: 6
Our neighbours look like lovely normal people on the surface. Only we know that they shout and scream at each other constantly. One of them will get in from work and the shouting starts within a minute. It’s not one-sided, they both scream at each other. Every time I go outside to put rubbish in our bin, they’re at it. They scream the c*** word at each other. They have a toddler in the house whilst all this is happening. Then I’ll bump into one of them on the drive a bit later and they do the old pleasant neighbour chat, “hi, how are you?” It’s so awkward. I feel so wary/scared of the man especially. I sit next to my window and listen sometimes when I can hear them. I feel like I need to listen out to hear if it becomes physical or one of them feels in fear of the other in case I need to ring the police.

• Sad
My next door neighbours moved in in October, they are a nice couple but are really loud when leaving for work in the mornings!! The walls are thin anyway but they wear their shoes when coming up and down the stairs and it's SO loud it actually wakes me up. I got woken up at 6:15am this morning by the guy going up & down the stairs (many times) in his work boots

I moved to a beautiful property last year. The end house on our row is like something Albert Steptoe would be proud off - just piles and piles of junk everywhere. I was so excited to view my dream home that I didn't notice this. It now grinds my gears something terrible. The icing on the cake though is the Mum takes the kids to school and beeps her horn twice EVERY morning at 7.45 to let her kids know she's ready to take them. I know it sounds trivial but it really sets me on edge. It is literally three steps from their door to the car. Just tell them when you are going out of the door that you'll be waiting for god's sake!

• Wow
Reactions: 10
I live in a tenement and the late twenties guy in the top floor flat has a dog. The entire stairwell, top to bottom, is covered in dog hair and smells like dog. I am quite allergic to dogs and my allergies have been bothering me since I moved in here. I hoover the stairwell (other than the stairs that lead to his flat) every couple months as there's an old guy that lives above me, who I don't expect to run around hoovering. I hoover outside my door a couple times a month.

When I came back from the gym this morning at 8:30AM, before a full day of work, I looked at the stairwell and fully appreciated how absolutely covered it is in dog fur.

I left a politely worded note upstairs on his doormat so nobody else could see I'd said something. I wished him well, explained briefly that I had allergies and would be really grateful if he could clean his dog fur up. I said who it was from because I wanted to be open with him.

About 20 minutes later, he comes downstairs, stands outside my flat door and says, "It's getting so tit for tat, it's bleeping ridiculous."

?????? I went upstairs and knocked on his door ready to ask him if he wanted to chat, and he didn't reply, obviously. But I feel like he was trying to intimidate me. I'll see if he hoovers up the fur, but I'm worried he might start to nick my parcels and things!

Hi I'm looking for advice hope this is okay to post - might be a long one so apologies.

For information purposes I am in Scotland (Central belt)

My neighbour has 2x security Cameras, one is constantly pointing towards my home and garden. I contacted the neighbour and explained how I felt myself and my child's privacy was being invaded as the camera is pointing towards my home and when I am in my garden he moves the camera following me.

I was very polite in how I asked yet the neighbour responded saying I was accusing him of being a rapist and a peadofile. I absolutely did not say these words.

I'd sent him a copy of the ICO guidelines and he said he doesn't care or have to adhere to them as he is not a business or corporation.

I asked for a copy of any footage that includes myself or my child to which he denied and said 'your not getting jack tit' (all via social media so have copied of the messages)

I contacted the ICO over the phone and they advised me to contact the police as it came under harrasment.

I contacted the police and they have visited me this morning, they have spoken with the neighbour and he has shown them footage which does not include myself or my child but the officers do understand when I put forward to them that he most likely has tailored footage to show that myself or my son are not included they fully agreed with me.

The police stated themselves that he is not the most pleasant of persons and understood why I feel the way I do. They have also confirmed that the camera is a fish eye lens and covers his home but does also extend onto other properties including my own.

The police have advised me that there is little they can do as it is a civil matter and I have been advised to contact my local council and citizens advice which I plan to. I will also contact the ICO again.

They have also advised me to keep a diary which I have now begun. Once the police left he stood at his front doorstep and stuck his middle finger up at me twice.

If anyone can offer any help or advice that would be greatly appreciated.
This happened to a friend of mine but she is a police officer in the central belt of Scotland and quoted him law that he was not allowed to record anything on her property. Keep a diary and get legal advice. Also try citizens advice. Even the local authority or police CCTV have to black out private property, including your windows.

The way our neighbours let their kids play out until gone 10pm, sorry but that just isn't right is it?

The way when we are driving home from work we turn on to the close and the kids are playing out, fair enough, but they see our car driving and just stand there gawping at it like 😲 proper gormless! Like yeah move please we'd like to get home if thats ok. Had to signal to them to move too and they still stared at us with the gormless expressions for a few seconds before moving to the side....still gawping at us 🤣

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 16
The way our neighbours let their kids play out until gone 10pm, sorry but that just isn't right is it?

The way when we are driving home from work we turn on to the close and the kids are playing out, fair enough, but they see our car driving and just stand there gawping at it like 😲 proper gormless! Like yeah move please we'd like to get home if thats ok. Had to signal to them to move too and they still stared at us with the gormless expressions for a few seconds before moving to the side....still gawping at us 🤣
Omg do we live on the same street? 😂
My neighbour’s children play out at all hours and they have zero road sense. One of them shot out from between two parked cars as I drove into our cul de sac, I had to slam my brakes on to avoid running him over. His mum didn’t care when I mentioned it. “Yeah he’s a nightmare” 👀

• Wow
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.