Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Nimel93

OMG I LOVE that there is a thread for this my next door neighbours are fucking insane!

Last year we noticed (what we thought was) a baby mouse running under our shed. Cute we thought. We’d just watched The Green Mile. We called it Mr Jingles. We guessed one of our 2 cats would get it, otherwise it would go back to the field at the end of our street where it presumably came from. We didn’t keep anything at all that it could eat in our garden, so Google said it will leave. Great.
Fast forward to a few weeks later, and no that is definitely not a mouse anymore, that’s a rat. And hang on a minute, that’s it’s Mum. And Dad. And brothers 😳. And they’re running between ours and next doors garden! At the end of their garden was a little rockery with a standard Buddha on top of it that the rats were nesting in, I kept seeing them go between our garden and theirs, right into that rockery. Then I noticed a water bowl next to it, and they were still putting birdseed out despite my husband going mentioning that they should remove it as the rats will be eating it. I was really wound up as my son had JUST started walking and I didn’t feel comfortable with him going in the garden walking because by this point the rats were FUCKING MASSIVE and would even venture to our closed back door to see if there were any scraps of food.
Anyway off my husband went again to mention they needed to take their bird seed down, but this time he got the lady not her husband, and she told him in no uncertain terms that she wouldn’t be removing anything, that they were friendly and she loved them and they were perfectly safe. When he told her they carry diseases this absolute nutter told him that that is a conspiracy, that the plague wasn’t caused by rats but was man made. While shocked, we laughed it off and decided they were mad but we’d put poison down instead, and rid of them that way.
The clever little bastards figured out that we’d put poison under the shed, stopped going under there and instead just started chilling on our grass. We were thinking that our cats were absolutely useless when one day, when carrying my son upstairs to change his nappy, there it was. A dead rat, the size of a fucking rugby ball in the middle of my hall. My husband, really pissed off that a disease ridden animal was decomposing in our hallway went next door to tell them they had to remove the food NOW, that they were putting our child at risk and we’d had enough. And on she went again on a rant that they were fine, our cats were murderers and theyd killed her rats. He came home, put the dead vermin in a plastic bag, knocked on her door and chucked it in her hallway and said there’s your rat!
Poison got the cunts in the end.

We still haven’t spoken to them 🙊

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 102

Fightfan

Omg where to start. It’s a long story. I’ll summarise in a few points. downstairs neighbours have a 40 year age difference between them. Never met them in person but turns out that they pretend to be adult babies. When I did my research. They’re so odd. Their cigarette smoke comes into our flat through bathroom and kitchen and stinks. They’ve stank out the communal corridor with their stale smoke ... imagine what it’s like inside the flat!!! Also get the pleasure of listening to them having sex at all hours. Extremely loud ridiculous noises. I dread to think.
You should tell them babies shouldn't smoke.

• Haha
Reactions: 92

hashbrown123

Omg where to start. It’s a long story. I’ll summarise in a few points. downstairs neighbours have a 40 year age difference between them. Never met them in person but turns out that they pretend to be adult babies. When I did my research. They’re so odd. Their cigarette smoke comes into our flat through bathroom and kitchen and stinks. They’ve stank out the communal corridor with their stale smoke ... imagine what it’s like inside the flat!!! Also get the pleasure of listening to them having sex at all hours. Extremely loud ridiculous noises. I dread to think.

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 83

leoladyxo

VIP Member
Has anyone lived next door to someone who is a little odd? I would love to hear stories to this effect or anything about dodgy neighbours!

I live in a rented barn conversion on a farm. The neighbour’s family used to own the farmhouse, the property that I live in (now owned by her sister who lives abroad) and the barn on the other side of me, which she lives in now. They have a horse in stables opposite our house. When we first moved in a couple of years ago, they would come through our garden gate and go across our patio with the horse in order to put him in the field behind. It didn’t matter what time of day this was. It annoyed us pretty quickly, especially when we would be eating our dinner only to suddenly hear a clattering of hooves. We started putting our wheelie bin in front of the gate as a gentle hint, but they would pay no regard and move it out of the way to come through. After a couple of months, we asked if it were possible for them to ask us whenever they wanted to come through, as we knew they had access to the field another way. Obviously this didn’t go down well. A couple of weeks later things were fine and they haven’t bothered us since.

Cut to today. I get a text from the neighbour that she “will be coming into the garden to trim the hedge as it’s getting a bit overgrown”. For clarity, this hedge sits on the top of a wall. The wall is not adjacent to her house, it’s on the other side. It was now only slightly above the wall, but it obviously had bothered her. I texted her back to say, “only do it if you would like to, I can probably do it on the weekend”. I then get a phone call basically saying she’s going to do it today, so I said OK and let her do it as I figured it would be easier. We had a chat whilst she was cutting the hedge back and once she was done I said thank you and that I felt a little bad that she had done it. She smiled at me and said “well if you feel that bad about it, you could always get me a bottle”. I thought that this was a little cheeky considering I had never asked her to do anything in the first place, but for the sake of neighbourly relations, went in the house and grabbed the only unopened bottle I could bear to part with, which was a big bottle of Baileys. She looked me dead in the eyes and said, “oh no, not that, my drink is Gin - I really like ginger and rhubarb”. I laughed this comment off, but the more I think about it, the more it has annoyed me. Firstly, when someone offers you something, just accept what you are given. Secondly, I know we are all missing the pub but you can’t really expect me to buy you a thirty quid bottle of gin when you offered to do something I never asked you to do in the first place. 😂😂 She will be waiting on that bottle forever now! It’s a principle thing! Anyway, we ended our conversation nicely but it has irked me.

Please share your stories too!

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 71

Bitofthebubbly

VIP Member
My neighbours aren’t too bad. The old dude on one side doesn’t like our cat going in his garden, he’s never said anything to us but we’ve heard him shoeing him out of the garden before. I don’t mind, if he doesn’t want him in his garden then what ever it’s his garden. If he ever tried to hurt him though then we’d have problems. He just shouts at him currently🤣

I had a really unfortunate moment last week where I was standing at my bedroom window at night and my cat came through the window at the same time my neighbour a couple of doors down arrived home. I said to my cat “where have you been” and it must have echoed out the window or something because my neighbour looked right at me and it must have looked like I was referring to her when I wasn’t I was talking to my cat, so she probably thinks I’m a freak now🙈

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 67

EyeSpy88

VIP Member
My neighbour asked me to stop our cat from going into his garden. Am I supposed to be watching his every move and stop him from doing what cats do?
if you don’t like him in your garden, just shoo him away! something so small and trivial, but he’s a miserable arsehole and I’ve never liked him so this annoyed me even more. Bear in mind here that he is literally only wandering around sniffing things, just being a cat, not doing anything wrong.
See I’m on the other side because I have neighbours cats coming into my garden constantly front and back, pooing in my boarders, and front drive. I shoo them away and buy cat repellent to try and keep them out but it’s constant, it’s why I don’t have animals as I can’t stand picking up crap lol
I haven’t mentioned it though as obviously outdoor cats so it’s not like they can police where they are going all the time 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 65

Booington

Our neighbours peek out of their front door every time we go into our front garden to put something in the bin or take the bins out etc then they quietly close the door without saying anything. Trivial but it’s annoying!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 59

Hairraiser

VIP Member
My neighbour asked me to stop our cat from going into his garden. Am I supposed to be watching his every move and stop him from doing what cats do?
if you don’t like him in your garden, just shoo him away! something so small and trivial, but he’s a miserable arsehole and I’ve never liked him so this annoyed me even more. Bear in mind here that he is literally only wandering around sniffing things, just being a cat, not doing anything wrong.

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 58

Pinkblush

VIP Member
We moved into a flat in a manison block on a resedential street in january so we don't know many neighbours. Walking to and from the little tesco we sometimes use i always noticed an old lady sitting by her window as if watching the world go by. During lockdown and on the way to the shops I thought I'd check on her so I walked up her path to ask if she needed anything. She smiled and thanked me but said she was fine. I told her I would making macaroni cheese that evening and asked if she'd like some. She said ooh yes please. I also thought it would be nice to repeat the offer during lockdown. I dropped off a two portion tupperware of MC that evening. The following day she knocked on the window as I walked by. She gave me the tupperware back with most of the MC still in it and said 'sorry love its too bland for my taste, you need a bit of paprika or garlic in it'

Now even tho I like both of those things when I make MC I just want simply that - macaroni with three cheeses and no additions. She's seen me walk by him in doors a few time and she added 'you'll not keep hold of a handsome fella like that if you feed him shite like that' 😳 She then had the cheek to ask if I would pick her up a newspaper and a loaf of bread. I couldn't refuse but since then we take a different route walking to the local shops. Talk about ungrateful.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 53

doctordoctor

VIP Member
I’ve got a good few neighbours, our upstairs ones
Are ok, they have their moments. We share a back garden (classed as communal) last year played her face up cos my washin gets
On her nerves! I have to look at it not her and her washin that stays out for days! She reported me to our housin officer who was on my side and told me to humour her but sayin she can use the front garden all she wants as long as
I can keep
My washin our the back, she has never sat in the garden out the back And I’ve made the front garden really nice.
We have another neighbour over the road we call mr perv.... he is the biggest knob! Has a drive but parks on the road, stares out his kitchen window all day watchin, if any body is talkin he comes out n cleans part of his car or brings shoppin in (he takes days bringjn his shopping in on purpose so he can nose at us all) he parks so close to our boot knowin my husband uses a wheelchair so we need access to the boot! Nobody likes him. Not once did he clap for the nhs! All my other neighbours are lovely,
I didn’t clap for the NHS either. Was it compulsory? *NHS nurse/doctor household

• Haha
Reactions: 46

JOHN1967

VIP Member
Some people have very little consideration for others...

A neighbour banged on my door at 3 am this morning! 3. A.M. !
mad.gif

Fortunately I was already up, playing the bagpipes.

• Haha
Reactions: 41

Savewaterdrinkgin

Chatty Member
I have some good news if anyone was following my shit neighbour story, I have found a perfect house and we are moving in 6-8 weeks :giggle:. I know the neighbours and I’m really confident we will be happy there. The relief I feel knowing it is coming to an end is keeping me so positive I barely notice them anymore. For anyone else having problems I hope you can get it sorted before it gets worse, this has to be one of the most stressful things I’ve been through (aside my childhood) so I hope it comes to an end for you too and all these bastards get their karma.

• Heart
Reactions: 38
One of the main reasons we decided to buy our ground floor flat was for the garden. We have a beautiful garden which we spend a lot of time and money on to make sure it looks immaculate.

Unfortunately the neighbours above us have taken to using our garden as a bin. First they started throwing cigarette butts down into our garden, then they poured buckets of dirty water down from their windows. Now we have progressed to actual rubbish. Used tissues, wet wipes, chicken bones, bottles - you name it, it's getting chucked out of their windows instead of into the bin. 😡

• Angry
  • Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 38

Titntat

VIP Member
I love that my cat shits and digs up the flower beds on my knobhead next doors garden 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 36

Bec3007

VIP Member
This thread was made for me 🤣

So we currently live in a block of 6 (damn you lockdown) and I live in the middle. The person above me is a single man, 50’s and an utter odd ball. It started when we moved in. He tried to walk in the door after us to have a look at our flat. Then he would wait at the communal door for me, even if I took 5 mins to leave my car he would be stood there holding the door. Nowadays he stomps around at 5-6am and wakes everyone up, or if my son tantrums he stomps around. One day I got so pissed off I punched the roof and now there’s a massive hole there (my son was asleep dont worry). Oh and he likes to touch everyone’s rubbish. For example, I put a box in the cardboard bin and he took it back out, ripped it and put it back in. It was folded already so there was no need. He also likes to move the rubbish bags around in the main bin. It’s been 2 years of utter hell and borderline stalker behaviour, I am so ready to buy a house when the housing market opens here.

Then there’s the old twats across from me. I cannot park my car anywhere but the woman is at her window. One day she come out shouting at me. I had my son who was 6 months at the time in my arms. She told me to move my car (I wasn’t and never have been over anyone’s driveway) and if I didn’t her husband would smash my car. I politely told her I wasn’t doing anything wrong and that if her husband did hit my car, the police would be at her door. She then said her daughter would ‘throw me about’ to which I laughed and walked away. I did call the police though because I thought how dare she try and control where I park and then threaten me. Everything was fine for a while after that until recently. The police arrived at my door and my next door neighbours. Why? Because we were parked too close to her driveway (in her opinion). I’d like to add we were not and I have video proof of her husband driving in and out of the driveway perfectly fine. I asked the officer if it was a joke and they said what they were originally told was that one of us was parked right across her driveway. I mean honestly what a waste of police time. Nobody else in this street with a driveway has an issue, only those two old twats.

I cannot wait to buy our house and post cat shit through both their letterboxes.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 36

ChloChlo

VIP Member
I've mentioned my next door neighbour who was snapchatting my friend. Who was lying about who he is to my friend as he has a longterm girlfriend and kids. He knows I know and often follows me almost like he wants to keep making sure I dont say anything. Not my monkeys....

Anyhow next door also have two little Pomeranians. When they are playing with a ball they scrabble around on the floor with it but I've noticed their ball has kept going over our 6 ft fence into my garden followed by the bloke popping his head up asking for it back then trying to talk to me. I find it fucking annoying, even more so because I know he is intentionally doing it and it is always when he appears to be alone. The ball never comes over any other time!

In these houses, unlike most British homes, the living room is at the back, the kitchen the front. I'm sat watching TV and I thought I could hear pebbles hitting my back window. I had an argument with my boyfriend yesterday and he went home although it wasnt really in his nature to do that, I thought it was him. My doorbell also rang twice for no one to be there. The pebbles kept happening and it got to a point I had to get my boyfriend to video call me in his flat to prove he wasnt chucking pebbles at my window and ringing my bell running off. When I realised it wasnt him, I turned the lights off and went upstairs.

Then early this morning, while I'm up with the baby and have the back door open the ball comes over. That lad next door is proper eyeballing me. I could feel his eyes all over me when I retrieved the ball. When I threw it over he said "I saw you in just your bra last night and was trying to get your attention"...

I dont know what to do!!! It has creeped me out.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 35

lozzapaloozza

VIP Member
My partner and I moved into our flat nearly 4 years ago now. At first our downstairs neighbours seemed nice enough, offering to help us set up our TV, getting furniture inside and letting us use their Wifi until we set our own up - how lovely. But then they started being too friendly. Everytime we left the flat they would suddenly be outside to chat and go on about his life, asking personal questions, asking if we were ok paying all our bills and always mentioning how close he was to the landlords and that he was known as the “groundskeeper of the 3 flats”. He was so invasive that it allowed my boyfriend to quit smoking as he’d have to go round the block to smoke to get away from him and eventually he just quit. Whenever we had guests over he would bother them aswell

Stupidly when we first met them I gave them my number incase of emergency. He used to text ALL the time to tell us to keep it down when we weren’t even loud. We are 23 and 35 and are so quiet and considerate. We never play music really or walk heavy footer, nothing. He tried to add us on Facebook and Instagram so I blocked him (and his partner) on everything. So then he started posting hand written notes through the door. “I have to be up at 3AM for work so don’t use your bath or oven past 10PM”. Baring in mind at the time we both worked in hospitality so would want to shower after our shifts (the shower and oven didn’t make any noise). He would send notes about anything and everything and then ring the doorbell to check we got them

Whenever we would see them they would make passive aggressive comments sometimes, they would either be overly nice or rude and make us feel uneasy. Things like “Do you not wear slippers? Your feet are so loud” - I’m 5ft and weigh about 8 stone. Basically trying to make out we are noisy and that our hamster was so loud as they could hear whenever she was in her exercise ball. A hamster 🤣 Noisy 🤣. What makes it even more hypocritical is that they are the noisiest twats ever. He has a £10K TV setup (apparently) and it sounds like we live above a cinema, not to mention they’d play loud music all the time and listen to the same songs repeatedly. It would start as early as 7AM to 1AM in the morning. It used to be so loud it would honestly make me cry. I have anxiety so they used to make it even louder when I was on my own to scare me. Not to mention if I was home alone, he would bang on the door and ring the doorbell, screaming my name for no reason or to tell me a letter or parcel had arrived. My boyfriend ended up telling him not to knock on if I was alone because it scared me and he laughed. One time my boyfriend went away and I was alone. He heard me come down the stairs (which is above their bathroom) and stood right infront of the door and waited. Luckily I ran back up to see if my friend was here to pick me up and I saw him, he had his arms crossed and had the biggest grin on his face, as if he was waiting to ??? I don’t know what, baring in mind he’s60

Their door is also above our bedroom so when they smoke it would travel into our room so we try not to open the window in their a lot. They smoke atleast 50 times a day so it’s constant. They slam the front door so hard the entire floor shakes. I can hear them stomping around constantly and arguing - they have some nasty arguements and I’ve heard his partner accuse him of hitting her. The lady also has two sons who are vile and the entire family doesn’t speak at a normal level - they shout

One time I was bringing some shopping home and he saw I had bagels and told me that I shouldn’t be eating them, no wonder I’d gained weight (yes I did because I was 19 at the time and a size 4, a very unhealthy weight with food related issues). Then they both proceeded to tell me where I had put weight on and how I should lose it as they’d lost weight (they are bigger than me and my boyfriend put together). But they weren’t trying to upset me... yeah right

I remember when our hamster died the lady laughed and took the piss out of me, “oh diddums what a shame”. Eventually we had enough as did our other neighbours who live in a bungalow attatched to the two flats - which by the way, there had been 4 new couples who moved in and left since we’d been there, including the house infront and they all said it was because of the neighbours. I rang our landlady who is lovely and she was gobsmacked, we had recorded them being vile and sent it to her, along with pictures of all the notes they had written and screenshots of messages they sent to our other neighbours about us, commenting on our appearences and how my boyfriend was a “snobby c*nt* because he’s training to be an accountant? She sent her husband round and he gave them a right telling off. He tried to deny it but the landlord didn’t believe a word and told him to stop saying they were mates because they weren’t 🤣 He also told them that if we complained again he would be kicked out. Since then they have been put in their place. We haven’t really heard the TV or music since. If it does ever get loud for a second he apologises like a little child 🤣 Nice as pie. Makes us casseroles now and gets us presents 🙃🤣

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 35