Odd Neighbours / Neighbour Problems

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I live on a new build estate in quite a rough/run down area, and we’re sandwiched between two council estates (btw I’m not in any way shape or form looking down my nose, I grew up on a council estate)

Anyway there’s a fb group for the town and a couple of days ago some smack head who was always robbing cars from one of the estates next to ours died and someone posted in the group that she would be knocking at every house with a collection tin in his memory, and that a bonfire would be set up tonight and everyone is welcome to go for a few drinks on the field

I feel like I’m on shameless
Are they having a balloon release too or is that only for kids?

• Haha
Reactions: 7
So most of our near neighbours are great and/or keep themselves to themselves.

We’ve got someone who is I think 2 streets away who is currently having a VERY loud karaoke party - ie can hear music and karaoke word for word. I feel incredibly sorry for the people who live nearby.

It’s a one off, not had this issue before but I guess due to lockdown. Is there anything we can do?
Soooo less than a week later they’re at it again, but louder. And later.

tried 101 but they ‘don’t deal with noisy neighbours’

helpful.

• Sad
Reactions: 1

helpful.
We have asbit but they are useless tbh I honestly would love to just move in the country at this point

helpful.
ring 999 next time, it’s illegal

knew they’d do it again because nobody said anything :(

ring 999 next time, it’s illegal

knew they’d do it again because nobody said anything :(
Im fairly certain they had a visit from the police last week as the music cut in the middle of a song, and then they were silent…

I’m keeping a record and going for the council

Reactions: 3
Im fairly certain they had a visit from the police last week as the music cut in the middle of a song, and then they were silent…

Just keep complaining to the council. They will do something eventually

People shouting. Im all for social distancing but when your are hollaring across your garden on what otherwise would be a peaceful morning just STFU!

Word for word I can hear, my windows are on a lock where they are open a crack and they are across the road and 2 houses up... TOO LOUD SHUT UP

I had to call my council’s “noise line” once when our next door neighbour started doing DIY at 11.30pm which only ended at 1am! This was during the week and we had work next day. The council officer called me next day to let me know that he’d spoken to neighbour regarding rules on noise. It didn’t happen again but I’d have no hesitation to report if it did. They’re both the type of people “Do as I say”, not “Do as I do”. He was also reported to SS for screaming foul abuse (on more than one occasion) at his baby when left to “babysit” while his partner went to work. Bastard.

• Sad
I can constantly hear her shouting and swearing through the walls during the day as i work from home. Yesterday i could hear her shouting fine dont f##ing eat then f##ing starve you little sh#t to who im assuming is her baby.
Like it made me uncomfortable and dont know what to do. Its not like her child is 6/7/8 etc it must only be a couple of months old as he doesnt walk yet. To hear her shouting oh stop f##ing crying or i give you something to cry about makes me uncomfortable but too scared to go over and be like hey you ok
It’s emotional abuse. I reported my neighbour and have no regrets in doing so. At times we have to be the adults we are and make the choice to be advocates for children who could be at risk.
You can call the NSPCC anonymously, they would investigate, you don’t have to be involved; or a call to the health visitor at your local surgery. It sounds like the poor baby is living in an environment of a constant screaming match between parents but also being subjected to the same behaviour from the mother. If it’s makes you as an adult uncomfortable, just think how that baby must feel.

Reactions: 11
What are the rules on leaving a ton of crap in your garden?

My neighbour got a new boiler put in a couple of months ago, and it seems at the same time they decided to have a clear out.

There is only a small 4 foot fence between us so we can see into their garden and vice versa.

They have an arm chair, bikes, suitcases, kids toys, about 10 bin bags and a load of wood from what looks like various broken down chest of drawers and it is a real eye sore and I’m worried incase it could attract rats.

We get on with them ok, don’t see them often but say hello when we do however I wouldn’t know how to approach them to ask if they’re planning on getting the stuff taken away.

Are there any rules on loud noise throughout the day. My neighbours have 2 dogs that constantly bark, we have to tip toe past their house to get to mine without them barking. They are never taken out for walks.
My other issue with them is they are currently building a patio and music is on loud from 10am until about 7 if not later.
I work nights so getting much sleep is out of the question.
I know theres a noise curfew between 11pm and 7am but before I kick off, are there any rules in the daytime as surely this is anti social?

• Sad
Reactions: 2
Are there any rules on loud noise throughout the day. My neighbours have 2 dogs that constantly bark, we have to tip toe past their house to get to mine without them barking. They are never taken out for walks.
My other issue with them is they are currently building a patio and music is on loud from 10am until about 7 if not later.
I know theres a noise curfew between 11pm and 7am but before I kick off, are there any rules in the daytime as surely this is anti social?
I am not sure about general noise, but I know for building the rules are just for the day. So sorry for you :(

Generally no, the council may ask you to monitor the noise if it’s that bad but the rules usually apply 11pm to 7pm. I would speak to your council about their local rules.

Unfortunately not.

I had a similar issue and ended up moving because of it.

I spoke to my neighbour 4 times over the space of a few months but he did bugger all about it.

As long as the dog has shelter and water they can be left for up to 12 hours a day before RSPCA would get involved.

In my case it was the SSPCA as I live in Scotland but they were useless. As were environmental health and the local dog warden.

• Sad
Reactions: 4
My brother has just moved into a detached house (so no direct noise for house next door) and has been having tiles put down on the kitchen floor, his neighbour knocked and said this is a disgrace it’s been two days now and I want to enjoy my garden... lol!
I’m sorry but it’s two days and you have the rest of your life to sit and marinate in the garden you old witch!

• Haha
Reactions: 17
What are the rules on leaving a ton of crap in your garden?

My neighbour got a new boiler put in a couple of months ago, and it seems at the same time they decided to have a clear out.

There is only a small 4 foot fence between us so we can see into their garden and vice versa.

They have an arm chair, bikes, suitcases, kids toys, about 10 bin bags and a load of wood from what looks like various broken down chest of drawers and it is a real eye sore and I’m worried incase it could attract rats.

We get on with them ok, don’t see them often but say hello when we do however I wouldn’t know how to approach them to ask if they’re planning on getting the stuff taken away.
I think that the only time they can be forced to clean up is if you can prove they are harming your environment by causing rats etc. It would be tricky to prove though

In my street the past few weeks its all been kicking off between certain neighbours! New family moved in & since then its been showtime. They live above a long term family & its all kicked off between them. Trading insults whenever they see each other. Filming each other. Moving their cars when space becomes free. Parking right up behind each others cars. Phoning the Police on each other. At the weekend both had garden parties. Police appeared & no sooner are they away that it all kicks off out on the street! Shouting, screaming & bottles smashing. A guy dropped his case of corona to intervene & it smashed all over the pavement. Police came back & calmed it all down. The new family have got a cctv camera in their living room window filming the street. He says its for his vehicles. Its not pointing at his vehicles though. His vehicles are parked out of shot. Very concerning. Then there is the drunks who all meet up in a flat. They fight in the street during the day. Drug dealer & his customers. Police know & still he deals. Family who have 5 cars & a transit van who think they own the road. They do have a drive which 3 park in it. If they don’t get their space opposite their house. All hell breaks loose. Bin lorry has been unable to get in passed all their cars. Unreal at times.

• Wow
  • Haha
My brother has just moved into a detached house (so no direct noise for house next door) and has been having tiles put down on the kitchen floor, his neighbour knocked and said this is a disgrace it’s been two days now and I want to enjoy my garden... lol!
I’m sorry but it’s two days and you have the rest of your life to sit and marinate in the garden you old witch!
Hate it when neighbours dont expect new neighbours or even existing ones for that matter to get work done. Yep its an inconvenience... no it wont be going on forever!

Hate it when neighbours dont expect new neighbours or even existing ones for that matter to get work done. Yep its an inconvenience... no it wont be going on forever!
Wish my neighbours wasn't going on forever. They have been there 3 years and all day every day there is something being sawn or drilled etc. Yet the house looks no different (they have no nets/blinds so can see straight in!!)

• Wow
Exactly! That’s the worst they’ll ever have to put up with aswell!
They haven’t fallen out or anything but it’s a bit petty so who knows what she will complain about in future?
my bro has a frenchie and she asked if he barked in the house... what? inside the completely detached property that’s nowhere near yours? who cares if he barks in the house... he doesn’t by the way lol

plus neighbours working on making their property look better can only be a good thing surely?

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.