Odd Neighbours / Neighbour Problems

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
After a bit of investigating I have found a few people who were once neighbours of my neighbour and she has been doing this crap for many years. Housing must have known they were putting a known paranoid psychotic who has a problem with everyone next door to a vulnerable person.

You have to inform (if it's been reported) people if you have a problem neighbour when you sell so don't social housing also have the same responsibility?

Reactions: 10
After a bit of investigating I have found a few people who were once neighbours of my neighbour and she has been doing this crap for many years. Housing must have known they were putting a known paranoid psychotic who has a problem with everyone next door to a vulnerable person.

You have to inform (if it's been reported) people if you have a problem neighbour when you sell so don't social housing also have the same responsibility?
No! My nan mutual exchanged and the previous tenants told her they didn't get on with their next door neighbour, but the council said nothing. Shes vile. My nan used to be quite a fiesty (but very friendly) lady who was very independent. Since she moved to be closer to us and has been harassed by this neighbour shes got anxiety and depression, she's terrified of the dark and has panic attacks. The original council officer dealing with it has left and the current one seems better, we don't get constant pathetic complaints anymore but I'm furious that they don't seem to be doing anything about this woman despite 3 separate tenants complaining about how awful she is.

• Sad
Reactions: 7
No! My nan mutual exchanged and the previous tenants told her they didn't get on with their next door neighbour, but the council said nothing. Shes vile. My nan used to be quite a fiesty (but very friendly) lady who was very independent. Since she moved to be closer to us and has been harassed by this neighbour shes got anxiety and depression, she's terrified of the dark and has panic attacks. The original council officer dealing with it has left and the current one seems better, we don't get constant pathetic complaints anymore but I'm furious that they don't seem to be doing anything about this woman despite 3 separate tenants complaining about how awful she is.
Its awful and something should be done about it. So sorry for your nan, I know what you mean about her changing. I have changed .. This last week and a half the lady next door has been out all day every day ( I'm sure she is staying away for a while now that its backfired on her) and I have relaxed and even don't the front part of my home because she isn't there staring at me. Its been bliss, housing is coming to see me Monday and if no joy then I'm taking it further. If still no luck then I'm going to fight fire with fire. Im done with this crap.

Reactions: 3
Neighbour just knocked, too late to knock in my opinion, and basically just blamed me and my husband for blocking her drain.

She lives up hill from us and there are 4 houses between her and us. She hasn't knocked on any other doors between us and her. And she was saying its all baby wipes etc and looked proper down her nose at me as she said it!

We don't use wipes of any description. I am anti single use everything so it definitely isn't us.

Bloody people 🙄

ETA I do know how drains work and it is perfectly plausible there is a blockage our end backing up to her. However it's the fact she has immediately come to us, skipping 4 other houses and how accusatory she was. If it does end up being our drain that is an issue we will obviously get it fixed but it doesn't mean we caused the issue just that we are the end and will get stuck with the cost. Also my husband has anxiety issues, so now won't sleep all night as he will be worrying, which means I won't sleep either 😫
ridiculous, definitely too late to knock, unless it is an urgent issue that you have some way of resolving, what did she expect you to do?! I never answer the door unless I am expecting someone tbh

Reactions: 4
ridiculous, definitely too late to knock, unless it is an urgent issue that you have some way of resolving, what did she expect you to do?! I never answer the door unless I am expecting someone tbh
They were out there until nearly midnight. We told her categorically that our drains were fine. They were in her garden and the house next to her for hours.

I think they got it sorted so was clearly blocked between them 2 houses and nothing to do with us!! When it stops raining I'm going to go knock on her door and ask if she sorted it as clearly the issue was with her flushing inappropriate materials!!

They were out there until nearly midnight. We told her categorically that our drains were fine. They were in her garden and the house next to her for hours.

I think they got it sorted so was clearly blocked between them 2 houses and nothing to do with us!! When it stops raining I'm going to go knock on her door and ask if she sorted it as clearly the issue was with her flushing inappropriate materials!!
make sure you do it at an innappropriate time!

Reactions: 7
Next week is going to be week 8 of my neighbour’s new driveway project.

I quietly started playing old-timey piano music to amuse myself watching the constant comedy of errors of their “handpicked building experts“ - neighbour’s words, not mine.

Asides from playing loud and sweary music from early in the morning, frequently blocking the road and knocking over another neighbour’s wall by mistake (punchline - it was the house opposite) mixing cement badly, laying then drilling out said cement because it hadn’t set level, with lots of rubbish and screws (?) being blown up and down the road, tense meetings between neighbour, other neighbours and the builders with all their folded arms and kicking uneven new coping stones, it has been something.

Especially with the wet weather and giant puddles - if it gets finished for winter, it’s going to be a cracking ice rink. Never seen porcelain tiles used outside of a garden patio, so the whole thing has been educational.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 6
Has anyone ever dealt with parking on public street issues as I just don’t know how to deal with the comments 😩

Reactions: 2
Has anyone ever dealt with parking on public street issues as I just don’t know how to deal with the comments 😩
What comments are you getting?

Public street with no permits, lines etc. You can park wherever you like so long as it is legal parking i.e. not blocking an occupied drive etc.

My old house parking on the Road was like war every day

What comments are you getting?

Public street with no permits, lines etc. You can park wherever you like so long as it is legal parking i.e. not blocking an occupied drive etc.

My old house parking on the Road was like war every day
Subtle but told because I’m new I can’t park on the road where I live. It’s hard because it’s a bizarre culdesac road. I’ve been parking slightly up the road to just not hear anything else but now it’s coming across like people further up are starting to park where I am so I’m having to find anywhere when I get back from night shift. annoying because most of these people actually have drive ways but don’t use them. Mine has a make shift patio drive but as it’s at the end of the cup de sac if I park on it it takes away where everyone is parking/they’ll basically block me in.

• Wow
  • Sad
I can’t wait to get a car but also dreading it at the same time! My neighbour parks outside my house even though she has space outside her own (street parking). It’s like she does it to annoy me! She also has friends/family with cars who take up the whole street. It’s going to be first come first serve I think.

I can’t wait to get a car but also dreading it at the same time! My neighbour parks outside my house even though she has space outside her own (street parking). It’s like she does it to annoy me! She also has friends/family with cars who take up the whole street. It’s going to be first come first serve I think.
This is what it’s like clearly where ive
Moved. I’m not in yet as still decorating.
It’s really pissing me off as they’re acting like little twats about it as im new to the village.

everytime one in particular goes on about how we can ‘arrange’ parking or how they’re constantly complaining to the Council about it. And im Like you have a drive park on it. I’d never block someone in or block a Drive way but I have just as much right. It annoys tho as I like cameras over my drive ways as people can be right nasty in their actions.

There is a road near my house where people have put signs on the side of their house saying no parking. Or residents only parking. Referring to the road!!! I really want to go and park there just for shits and giggles.

Personally I would park where you want and duck them. They are being childish

Subtle but told because I’m new I can’t park on the road where I live. It’s hard because it’s a bizarre culdesac road. I’ve been parking slightly up the road to just not hear anything else but now it’s coming across like people further up are starting to park where I am so I’m having to find anywhere when I get back from night shift. annoying because most of these people actually have drive ways but don’t use them. Mine has a make shift patio drive but as it’s at the end of the cup de sac if I park on it it takes away where everyone is parking/they’ll basically block me in.
They have absolutely no right to tell you that. They were all "new" to the street once. Public road with no markings or permits is anyones to claim as long as you pay tax. How stupid that they have a driveway and don't use it 😐 It's really hard but I think you have to be firm from the start. Tell them tough tit - New neighbours, new rules and you won't be bullied.

They have absolutely no right to tell you that. They were all "new" to the street once. Public road with no markings or permits is anyones to claim as long as you pay tax. How stupid that they have a driveway and don't use it 😐 It's really hard but I think you have to be firm from the start. Tell them tough tit - New neighbours, new rules and you won't be bullied.
Thank you!! What a malarkey who can be arsed with the drama of it all. I’m really going to try with the firmness!

Thank you!! What a malarkey who can be arsed with the drama of it all. I’m really going to try with the firmness!
I pressed too soon, I meant to add I was in a bit of a similar situation myself in my cul de sac. My next door neighbours visitor used to park right across my driveway to try and be funny and wind me up (long story we don't really get on they're such weirdos always trying to Copy and antagonist me .. it worked this time 🙄😄) I waited till they came out and told them off, got a load of cheek off them for my trouble😠 So I then went and had a go at my neighbour for letting their guests behave in such a crappy manner, which resulted in a heated discussion but it set them straight that I won't be bullied. They haven't done it since and are a lot more polite in a lot of ways. I also recommend a Ring Doorbell. They are like cctv, absolutely amazing. You can link it to a smart phone to keep an eye on your property. Best thing I ever bought to ward off crappy neighbours 😉

I pressed too soon, I meant to add I was in a bit of a similar situation myself in my cul de sac. My next door neighbours visitor used to park right across my driveway to try and be funny and wind me up (long story we don't really get on they're such weirdos always trying to Copy and antagonist me .. it worked this time 🙄😄) I waited till they came out and told them off, got a load of cheek off them for my trouble😠 So I then went and had a go at my neighbour for letting their guests behave in such a crappy manner, which resulted in a heated discussion but it set them straight that I won't be bullied. They haven't done it since and are a lot more polite in a lot of ways. I also recommend a Ring Doorbell. They are like cctv, absolutely amazing. You can link it to a smart phone to keep an eye on your property. Best thing I ever bought to ward off crappy neighbours 😉
Yes it’s definitely going to be an issue somewhere down the line they’re always telling me how there on the phone to council complaining as the street is mostly social housing mine included. But my place is ina. Funny bend so im defo getting cameras anyway but I just don’t think I could get them to look out on to road as that’s my worry about funny neighbours slaying tyres etc, it’s a weird village as has basically not a lot of public transport if your car were to break for getting to work in the city!
I’m going to be tough but I’m just not the same type of person as the neighbour in particular or her fella. They’re really unpleasant even just their facial expression lol it’s always awakes just walking past.

but any issues I’ll just start complaining to council as well 😆

Hopefully I’ll follow suit like yourself and toughen hothank you!

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I must have mentioned it before but my old neighbour used to literally jump up and down, briefcase in one hand, laptop bag in other, in the street if I parked outside his house. The street is a public highway, no personal spaces or driveways. I do wish smart phones had been a thing then so I could have recorded him.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
My old neighbour, (who my parents were quite pally with) once rammed into my boyfriend’s car and totalled it. She then just drove off. The only reason we found out was a workman was down the street and heard the whole thing. I thought it was so sneaky, they were so pally with my parents but would do that! I believe she tried to deny it at first but as soon as we said we had witnesses she soon started to cooperate

• Wow
Sorry to be a downer - only you all know the type of people your neighbours are - but I live in an area where car vandalism (letting tyres out, keying, slashing, popping windows, smearing tit under handles) and dog tit / doorstep positioning related shenanigans are the ultimate tools in resolving neighbourly disputes. My car still bears the scars of such a disagreement over me not parking “in the right place” as the neighbour saw it.

As much as parking in the right place is, while legal and all that, sometimes it’s a little better to swallow some pride and park a little further away and depending on your financials, start saving to move. Neighbours who are pricks over parking are pricks in loads of other ways too in my experience. And our county police force aren’t interested in ”vandalism” or “anti social behaviour”, so you may be more fortunate in your area.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.