Odd Neighbours / Neighbour Problems

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Exactly! That’s the worst they’ll ever have to put up with aswell!
They haven’t fallen out or anything but it’s a bit petty so who knows what she will complain about in future?
my bro has a frenchie and she asked if he barked in the house... what? inside the completely detached property that’s nowhere near yours? who cares if he barks in the house... he doesn’t by the way lol

plus neighbours working on making their property look better can only be a good thing surely?
Uh how frustrating. We are in a semi but the ppl attached are sound. We do DIY, they do DIY. we let each other know if we think its gonna be loud and apologise afterwards if it was terrible or unexpectedly loud like when we got our floor done and it sounded like both our houses were coming down 😂

Ultimately if you live near other ppl youre going to hear/cause noise but its just about being courteous. I find the best way to deal with ppl being arseholes about it is to kill them with kindness... overly apologise until THEY feel bad... maybe cry... 😂

Reactions: 7
In my street the past few weeks its all been kicking off between certain neighbours! New family moved in & since then its been showtime. They live above a long term family & its all kicked off between them. Trading insults whenever they see each other. Filming each other. Moving their cars when space becomes free. Parking right up behind each others cars. Phoning the Police on each other. At the weekend both had garden parties. Police appeared & no sooner are they away that it all kicks off out on the street! Shouting, screaming & bottles smashing. A guy dropped his case of corona to intervene & it smashed all over the pavement. Police came back & calmed it all down. The new family have got a cctv camera in their living room window filming the street. He says its for his vehicles. Its not pointing at his vehicles though. His vehicles are parked out of shot. Very concerning. Then there is the drunks who all meet up in a flat. They fight in the street during the day. Drug dealer & his customers. Police know & still he deals. Family who have 5 cars & a transit van who think they own the road. They do have a drive which 3 park in it. If they don’t get their space opposite their house. All hell breaks loose. Bin lorry has been unable to get in passed all their cars. Unreal at times.
I know this is horrible but I’d love to sit and observe all that while also keeping completely out of it! 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I know this is horrible but I’d love to sit and observe all that while also keeping completely out of it! 🤣
Has been entertaining at times😂
Better than the crap on tv😂
Karma at its best shall we say😂

Drunken men trying to punch each other & missing. Falling into their own hedges 😂😂

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 10
Not my neighbour... but went to turn my car in a park with like 3 houses. Turned the car in a bay thing not connected to anyone’s house. Was reversing and the man from the house directly behind stood at his front door shaking his arm at me and watching as I drove off... very intimidating. Imagine being his neighbour 😬

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
If I go out in garden or come back home yep they come out , so weird 🤣

Is anyone tit for that when it comes to neighbours and noise? Petty it might be, but when the council/police hardly do anything what else do you do.

Who like me would love to be in a detached with no neighbours.

Last edited:
Reactions: 10

Is anyone tit for that when it comes to neighbours and noise? Petty it might be, but when the council/police hardly do anything what else do you do.

Thats exactly what my hubby, it would be a dream to get a detached house and no neighbours. When he 1st mentioned it i told him to stop being an unsociable twit but now he's so right. We wouldn't have to see anyone or talk to anyone....ahh bliss, can't wait for that day to come.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Thats exactly what my hubby, it would be a dream to get a detached house and no neighbours. When he 1st mentioned it i told him to stop being an unsociable twit but now he's so right. We wouldn't have to see anyone or talk to anyone....ahh bliss, can't wait for that day to come.
Yes if only! I don't think we were meant to be packed together so close in these houses with thin walls, and you could make as much noise as you like and also don't have to listen to theirs. Also go in your garden and don't have to see your nosey neighbour come out too. Your husband had the right idea LOL!

For the people mentioning about the dogs barking, honestly if they're anything like around where I live, it doesn't seem like they get walked , just left in the garden, we all know dogs need their exercise, no wonder they're going barking mad and other people have to listen to it. Why get a dog and just turf em in garden and not bother walk them?? Best you get a cat then!

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 7

I honestly would I got woken up at 5am this morning by slamming of doors again my neighbour thinks because he doesn't get his own way he doesn't want her having a dog so he slams the doors ect petty and annoying

Reactions: 3
That my neighbour above my room seems to think stomping like a bleeping elephant is ok.
Ok I'll just crank my music up. As the song says two can play that game. 😉

• Haha
Update on my crappy neighbours.....
Land owner has responded to my letter. Told me they are on vacation so will get back to me properly in 2 weeks time. But the car park area is an important asset to them....
So fingers crossed they will reconfirm that my neighbour has no authority to dictate who can or can't park there. OR kick everyone out who parks there and shouldn't.
Heard nothing from Housing association and don't think I will. So going to pursue the landowner as I think that's my best option.

This has made me look at buying my own house and getting the F out of here. As soon as we find somewhere and have completed, I will start the tit for tat approach whilst we move out.

Reactions: 4
Suns out scums out again. The vile child of the street is out topless, kicking his football off everyones cars and kicking the heads off all my flowers.
I often complain at the speed ppl drive down our street. Today I would turn a blind eye if they did too 😂

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 15
I live on the ground floor and have a balcony which I used to love to sit on in summer/have dinner/read etc. I made friends with the balcony next door, which initially was nice, but now wheneverrr I am on the balcony thye try and engage me in conversation and it is really awkward to try and not engage, made even worse by the fact they have small children who do not understand if I try not to talk

Reactions: 9
I live on the ground floor and have a balcony which I used to love to sit on in summer/have dinner/read etc. I made friends with the balcony next door, which initially was nice, but now wheneverrr I am on the balcony thye try and engage me in conversation and it is really awkward to try and not engage, made even worse by the fact they have small children who do not understand if I try not to talk
This is why im antisocial. Ppl make things uncomfortable. Our neighbours attached are perfect. They get it. Polite nod. Hello. And on with your day

Reactions: 13
This is why im antisocial. Ppl make things uncomfortable. Our neighbours attached are perfect. They get it. Polite nod. Hello. And on with your day
yes, this was my mistake! (I am not social generally, go dknows what i was thinking) my only hope is that they seem to have had another baby (I saw the mum with a pram earlier as I trned around in the street to avoid them :LOL:) and their 2 bed flat is way too small for 3 children so they might move, fingers crossed!

• Haha
my parents have got new neighbours and they have been nicknamed the ferals they are absolutely vile
It’s a new build estate and they have bought the place down
Banged up old car, screaming kids that run around in just nappies that have not been changed all day hanging down their ankles
Sticky windows loud banging doors
Every single ride on toy you can imagine
They have zero respect and are just hideous

• Sad
my parents have got new neighbours and they have been nicknamed the ferals they are absolutely vile
It’s a new build estate and they have bought the place down
Banged up old car, screaming kids that run around in just nappies that have not been changed all day hanging down their ankles
Sticky windows loud banging doors
Every single ride on toy you can imagine
They have zero respect and are just hideous
Why is it the norm these days to have kids screaming CONSTANTLY! My mother would've gone off it with me if I had gone on like that. Its like they are immune

• Heart
Reactions: 19
My next door neighbour has been having a kitchen put in - the noise (expected) starts at 7am and goes through right til 9pm. Last Sunday they had builders in and I was in the garden hanging some washing out. I heard one of the builders say to her 'sorry about the noise on a sunday' and she went 'dont worry i hate them next door' meaning us 😂😬

She's also starting putting her bin outside our front steps, which I go move, for her to put it back. She really doesn't like me because I reported her for loud music at all hours the other month!

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 20
I can't stand neighbours lol, never had much luck with any. By heck, there has to be at least one nice out there, c'mon ffs??

My next door neighbour has been having a kitchen put in - the noise (expected) starts at 7am and goes through right til 9pm. Last Sunday they had builders in and I was in the garden hanging some washing out. I heard one of the builders say to her 'sorry about the noise on a sunday' and she went 'dont worry i hate them next door' meaning us 😂😬

She's also starting putting her bin outside our front steps, which I go move, for her to put it back. She really doesn't like me because I reported her for loud music at all hours the other month!
I only put my music on when they take the piss. I didn't have it on at first yesterday but when they started to ridiculously stomp like elephants (they are not FAT) no need, then I did, why not, you get it back!!! Petty like that! But as for the bin, keep putting it back to outside her garden. twit!!!

Sometimes people on my street use my bin, just because there's is full, or better still there's had just been emptied but still put their rubbish in mine, nah mate!! Rude.

Reactions: 4
My neighbours have been screaming at each other again, 8am this morning so no Saturday lay in for us. It’s funny, if we were up screaming and shouting till early hours and kept their kids up, we’d 100% be reported. But I guess it’s okay for them. Really hoping they move soon, it’s horrible.

• Wow
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.