Odd Neighbours / Neighbour Problems

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I feel like there needs to be some kind of non confrontational way of rating neighbours so when you move you can pick your house based on it. 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Why is it the norm these days to have kids screaming CONSTANTLY! My mother would've gone off it with me if I had gone on like that. Its like they are immune
I hate being on public transport with screaming kids and their mum has just got her head in her phone 😫

Reactions: 13
I hate being on public transport with screaming kids and their mum has just got her head in her phone 😫
I was on the tube the other day and a young child was blasting some awful children's show on the ipad, of course with no headfones, the dad seemed oblivious to everyone's annoyance

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 9
I was on the tube the other day and a young child was blasting some awful children's show on the ipad, of course with no headfones, the dad seemed oblivious to everyone's annoyance
Its almost like they hate them so much they want to share the agony with strangers

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 10
The ones who think the whole bus wants to hear their interesting conversation 😡
my upstairs neighbours (a couple) seem to think it is preferable to have their (frequent) arguments on the balcony rather than inside

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I get so embarrassed if my kids play up in public. I constantly try to keep them distracted and quiet

Reactions: 10
I get so embarrassed if my kids play up in public. I constantly try to keep them distracted and quiet
I get it being difficult to keep them quiet (I don;t have children, but having sometimes to bring my cats on the tube so i can sort or get it..) but why not get headfones? also the child wasn't quiet as he was reacting to the show and shouting at his dad

• Haha
Reactions: 6
My neighbours have been screaming at each other again, 8am this morning so no Saturday lay in for us. It’s funny, if we were up screaming and shouting till early hours and kept their kids up, we’d 100% be reported. But I guess it’s okay for them. Really hoping they move soon, it’s horrible.

You have to report them, log all the noise DL the app from your local council and record it. Because these days only the squeaky wheel gets noticed and they will make it look like you are the problem neighbour.

This has happened with me and next door. Anything at all and she is on speed dial to complain. I have had a year of hell ( before that wasn't pleasant either but livable) But because I never made any complaints it looked like I was a problem.

Reactions: 2
My next door neighbour has been having a kitchen put in - the noise (expected) starts at 7am and goes through right til 9pm. Last Sunday they had builders in and I was in the garden hanging some washing out. I heard one of the builders say to her 'sorry about the noise on a sunday' and she went 'dont worry i hate them next door' meaning us 😂😬

She's also starting putting her bin outside our front steps, which I go move, for her to put it back. She really doesn't like me because I reported her for loud music at all hours the other month!
The bin incident deserves punishment, what you should do, without getting caught, is apply super glue on the wheels so they don't turn properly.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
You have to report them, log all the noise DL the app from your local council and record it. Because these days only the squeaky wheel gets noticed and they will make it look like you are the problem neighbour.

This has happened with me and next door. Anything at all and she is on speed dial to complain. I have had a year of hell ( before that wasn't pleasant either but livable) But because I never made any complaints it looked like I was a problem.
it really is a difficult situation though , I have no idea if you own, but i have had HUGE issues with some of my neighbours, listed much earlier here, and as a own, any complaint (I started to make a formal one as thigns started to get really bad) has to be announced to any potential buyers... in the end i decided not to as i really cannot afford to do that

Reactions: 3
Honestly going to buy my neighbours headphones. So sick to death of hearing their awful music day in day out

Reactions: 1
Honestly going to buy my neighbours headphones. So sick to death of hearing their awful music day in day out
can you buy in bulk for mine too? :LOL: may just snap if i hear dancing in the moonlight again

• Haha
Reactions: 4
can you buy in bulk for mine too? :LOL: may just snap if i hear dancing in the moonlight again
Honestly said said my husband last weekend I might get some on prime and send them directly to them as gift...anonymously of course

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I had the letter below from near neighbours who are sometimes noisy a few days ago and it amused me. I've deleted identifying information.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
At least they’re giving a warning! Lol
How was it last night?
They were quite noisy up till about midnight, like they said, but I'm quite good at relaxing through stuff like that when it's not directly next door, which they weren't.

Reactions: 5
I had the letter below from near neighbours who are sometimes noisy a few days ago and it amused me. I've deleted identifying information.

See I think I’d be able to cope better with noise if I knew it was going to happen, and also had an idea of when it would end. I’d also be more comfortable saying something if it went past midnight like they had said. It’s a bit late for any noise prior to the note but at least they’re leaving.

Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.