Odd Neighbours / Neighbour Problems

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
In the house I grew up in a neighbour used to park on the opposite side of the road but directly opposite our driveway. It used to make it really difficult for my mum to reverse the car off.

She spoke to them about it but they never moved it. About 5 years later they are still parking there daily and we wake up to an icy day. Unbeknownst to my mum there is a patch of black ice in the road. She reversed off and slid straight into their car. They came out fuming, my mum apologised then took great pleasure in saying I told you so!!! All was sorted via insurance and they never parked there again!

• Haha
Reactions: 9
In the house I grew up in a neighbour used to park on the opposite side of the road but directly opposite our driveway. It used to make it really difficult for my mum to reverse the car off.

She spoke to them about it but they never moved it. About 5 years later they are still parking there daily and we wake up to an icy day. Unbeknownst to my mum there is a patch of black ice in the road. She reversed off and slid straight into their car. They came out fuming, my mum apologised then took great pleasure in saying I told you so!!! All was sorted via insurance and they never parked there again!
We have exactly the same issue, I have to reverse into my drive as I can’t get out easily with him there. The parish council have tired to deal with it but got ignored. He’s a knob.

Reactions: 2
Theres always 1 in a street for parking.

Ours has a drive for one car then proceeds to have a massive work van, her kids car and all her kids friends/boyfriends etc parking in the street. Its been chaos this past year at times with the bin lorry or deliveries.

They are always moving the cars too. Its utterly bizarre. Its obvious that its become some kind of obsession to her because as soon as someone pulls away shes in the car moving it 2ft. Giving her another opportunity to grind the gears and rev the hell out of it.

The other day i witnessed within 10 mins, them pull 1 car off the drive and park on the road. Pull the othe car which was on the road onto the drive. Get back in the 1st car and park covering the drive. ONLY for both cars to leave 5 minutes later! Wtf

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Theres always 1 in a street for parking.

Ours has a drive for one car then proceeds to have a massive work van, her kids car and all her kids friends/boyfriends etc parking in the street. Its been chaos this past year at times with the bin lorry or deliveries.

They are always moving the cars too. Its utterly bizarre. Its obvious that its become some kind of obsession to her because as soon as someone pulls away shes in the car moving it 2ft. Giving her another opportunity to grind the gears and rev the hell out of it.

The other day i witnessed within 10 mins, them pull 1 car off the drive and park on the road. Pull the othe car which was on the road onto the drive. Get back in the 1st car and park covering the drive. ONLY for both cars to leave 5 minutes later! Wtf
What sad little lives these people have

Reactions: 11
I live on a small close. we have an inset parking area but we all have to reverse in as the houses opposite are parked on the road and if we drive in we can't get out. Even reversing in is a nightmare if all the bays are full and everyone in the houses is home. putting the bays a little further back would be the perfect solution. Plenty of room to do that, but red tape... doesn't help that there is a silver birch hanging over two of the bays and the branches hang down so far they get caught in the car door. local council cut the tree every so often but not enough and stupid putting trees right where they hang over parked cars. also a little further back would have been much better.

Not a neighbour problem per say, as I'm pretty sure this woman was only visiting. But I'm sitting in the living room eating my cereal, and through the window I see a woman in a massive white 4x4 parallel parking. She proceeds to reverse onto the pavement and back into the car behind her, then drives forward and bumps the car in front 😂 Couldn't believe my eyes. She then gets out, laughs, and (very quickly) walks down the street.

Seconds later scores of neighbours emerge from their houses to discuss and check their cars. They were out there for a while waiting for her to return but I don't think she ever did 😂 They were contemplating a door to door witch hunt but I don't think it went that far. Pretty sure she was hiding out in whoever's home she was visiting with the curtains closed

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
My Mum's neighbours have lived here for 5 years and have 3 children. The Dad is an absolute nightmare and has threatened my Mum a few times to get an ASBO because in his mind, she stands at his door listening to him and his partner argue. However, you can hear them argue from down the street, when I've been here I've been sat in the living room and they sound like they are in the next room. The Mum has left the 3 children (one 5, one 3 and one under 1) alone to get her washing in (don't want to give too much away but my Mum lives in a place with shared washing lines etc). My Mum has actually secretly kept an eye on the kids (as much as she can with a wall between the two residences) by listening to ensure they aren't hurting each other etc. I could go on and on but people have reported them many times, police have been etc but nothing seems to have been done, because none of this is physical abuse, it's emotional, there's no visible evidence the police can see if that makes any sense. It's not happened recently but we've heard the parents argue and the Dad threaten violence, which made us report it before. Again, nothing was done. It's scary and sad and my Mum is worried now as they let the kids lean out of the window (which is on the 2nd floor) and she is scared one of them will fall out one day :cry:

• Sad
Reactions: 4
Also general question re all the parking posts - do any of you live in London?

Only because parking in front of your house doesn’t seem to be a thing here - I only get to maybe once every 2 months. Parking within visible distance of your house is a win on my road and every so often I have to park on another street. My next door neighbours do moan about it but they are in their 80s (and can remember when every house didn’t have at least 2 cars) so I put it down to that 😂 Quite surprised by the posts here, I didn’t realise the politics around it!

Reactions: 1
Also general question re all the parking posts - do any of you live in London?

Only because parking in front of your house doesn’t seem to be a thing here - I only get to maybe once every 2 months. Parking within visible distance of your house is a win on my road and every so often I have to park on another street. My next door neighbours do moan about it but they are in their 80s (and can remember when every house didn’t have at least 2 cars) so I put it down to that 😂 Quite surprised by the posts here, I didn’t realise the politics around it!
I lived in London and never had a problem parking outside my home, depends where you live.. I now live in north Herts and parking can be a problem mainly its commuters parking and then going to work, that was in my daughter's road ( she was lucky though as has space on the drive for two cars) and there is nowhere to park at all as everywhere was permit holders and now hers is now permit holders only so the problem is sorted but will now be somewhere else in the town, the permit thing is a pain as visitors cant park between 11 and 12 am

No matter where you are there will always be a couple of selfish people who believe they own the spot outside their home ( and their closest neighbours homes) they will try anything to get people not to park there .. but I see many like that in London too seen many put bollards outside their home or a couple of old chairs with a plank on them. many like that even if they have a drive. crazy people

Reactions: 3
I live on a new build estate in quite a rough/run down area, and we’re sandwiched between two council estates (btw I’m not in any way shape or form looking down my nose, I grew up on a council estate)

Anyway there’s a fb group for the town and a couple of days ago some smack head who was always robbing cars from one of the estates next to ours died and someone posted in the group that she would be knocking at every house with a collection tin in his memory, and that a bonfire would be set up tonight and everyone is welcome to go for a few drinks on the field

I feel like I’m on shameless

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 27
I live on a new build estate in quite a rough/run down area, and we’re sandwiched between two council estates (btw I’m not in any way shape or form looking down my nose, I grew up on a council estate)

Anyway there’s a fb group for the town and a couple of days ago some smack head who was always robbing cars from one of the estates next to ours died and someone posted in the group that she would be knocking at every house with a collection tin in his memory, and that a bonfire would be set up tonight and everyone is welcome to go for a few drinks on the field

You just know this will be on Facebook news tonight 🤣🤣🤣 😳 it was never going to end well

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I have just got home from walking my dog and came in the way I always do and there the biggest pile of dog s#*t ever on my grass and I know it's my neighbour dog I mean I have put up with her music and screaming and shouting In the landing but this annoyed me she knows I have been doing my garden nice
Okay it wasnt her dog and her friend cleaned it for me because it made me sick and she been so nice to me

This sounds like its very close to where i live.

😂 sounds like my street. Im the same, brought up on a council estate but i was brought up not dragged up like some of the lot where i live.

The worst one for littering, she has the whole street a tip, im starting to wonder if its a medical condition as she cant seem to grip empty bottles/packets etc... They moved her in from the roughest street in the area then were surprised everyone complains about her! She was evicted from the last place so why put her somewhere nicer and quieter? Did they think it would calm her down? Absolutely dislike her and her kids 🙄

Reactions: 5
😂 sounds like my street. Im the same, brought up on a council estate but i was brought up not dragged up like some of the lot where i live.

The worst one for littering, she has the whole street a tip, im starting to wonder if its a medical condition as she cant seem to grip empty bottles/packets etc... They moved her in from the roughest street in the area then were surprised everyone complains about her! She was evicted from the last place so why put her somewhere nicer and quieter? Did they think it would calm her down? Absolutely dislike her and her kids 🙄
The council do it on purpose. They put "problem" tenants in with decent people, in the hope that it will rub off on them. Very often the opposite happens and they drag the area down by behaving like bog rats, having their dealers turning up, fighting in the street etc. I've seen it so many times. It's really unfair to the ones who live decently and keep their homes lovely

• Sad
Reactions: 10
The council do it on purpose. They put "problem" tenants in with decent people, in the hope that it will rub off on them. Very often the opposite happens and they drag the area down by behaving like bog rats, having their dealers turning up, fighting in the street etc. I've seen it so many times. It's really unfair to the ones who live decently and keep their homes lovely
Doesn't surprise me at all. You can't lead them by example though, it's generations of scum breeding scum especially in her case! She's the absolute pits. I would say I feel sorry for her neighbours but the ones joined on are the parking nightmares so... 😂🤷🏻‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.