Odd Neighbours / Neighbour Problems

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She hit her with a rag when we were outside just hanging out, kitty follows me everywhere so hopped up on her fence and was walking along. I think my bf was cleaning out the garage or something and we were chatting quietly and kitty was with us.

I get not everyone likes cats and she could've easily told us that she didn't want her up there rather than hit her with the rag 😔

She's fine and was fine at the time but if I take out the bins and she follows, I always loudly say (not too loudly) "Stay away from that garden kitty, she's an old bleep"

We do petty tit to her too.
😮😡 I can’t believe that. Poor cat. I’d go mental 😂 did she not think you could see her?! Who hits a cat with a rag? Ffs

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
Hot tubs remind me of swingers.
Now you’ve said that; to be honest I think they might be!
There is always different couples in there with them and then they disappear into the house and come back out later... ok I have just come to a sickening conclusion lol

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 15
😮😡 I can’t believe that. Poor cat. I’d go mental 😂 did she not think you could see her?! Who hits a cat with a rag? Ffs
She would've been able to hear us and we saw her hand flash up with the rag. I hope this is making sense 😂 I can take a picture later.

I'm normally confrontational and will happily tell someone they're a bleep to their face but I then started to wonder if I'd cause her to do something sadistic like poison my cat if I did that. Paranoid 🤪

So I've kept it petty. I was absolutely raging though and just had to go back inside. My bf who's never like me in that way was too. 😕

Reactions: 5
I’ve never looked at one the same again after my OH told me he went to a party in his younger days and everyone got in the hot tub. Him and a few others didn’t but everyone that was in the hot tub ended up with the clap. Even if it’s not possible I’m not taking any risks 😂
I read some facts on hotubs after they bought it (I wanted to know if that high pitched sound was normal) and they are absolutely vile.

“Five people in a hot tub naturally contribute about a tablespoon of feces to the tub from residual fecal matter on the skin” 🤢

and I looked out once when the lid was off and they had gone in and the water was yellow!!!

• Sick
Reactions: 20
I have solar fairy lights in my garden but behind a fence so no one can see them. My neighbours have recently Astroturfed their garden and cleaned it up after 5 years of doing sod all, so I expect some copy cat action 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I'd like to think it was that, I think most people take inspiration from others whether they realise it or not. If you think something is fab you end up drawn to it, so you recreate the look. I've deffo done that in the past.

But with my neighbour it's blatant copying. She will wait for me to do something then literally do the same a day or two after. It's hard to explain online, but they deffo copy and watch our every move, it's like she takes her cue from me when it's time to put pots out 😄 that to me suggests envy because they rush to do it immediately. She went out and bought a front doormat she overheard me telling a friend I was going to buy. I did a double take when I saw it out the front, it was exactly as I described 🤣😳 she deffo heard our convo as she was out in the garden the same time as us, hovering around listening as she does.

What on earth?! Shower curtains on the wall 🤣🤣 that's one trend I'll never copy in a million years haha! Glad I missed that one
You should, just so your neighbours copy, then take it down

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Why always on lovely hot days is there always that one neighbour with an array of power tools on in the garden 😫. Then just when you think they’re stopped another decides to spend an hour mowing their lawn ....
days like today make me realise I need to live a remote detached house away from all this noise

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I dont have any annoying neighbour stories which means.... I must be the annoying neighbour.

This thread is my guilty pleasure though!

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Nicely told the kids to not run down my driveway and out my front garden as a cut through from their street on to the main road...we are the end house.
Gets a knock on my door from the dad of two of them telling me off for telling his kids want to do.
Sorry to say i lost it....i asked him when he planned on paying my mortgage because until he does i can and will tell his kids to move off MY driveway, that its his job to teach his kid right from wrong not mine and to get the duck off my doorstep as he was making the front of my house look untidy and grow some bleeping brain cells..... Yes ok so my last comment was uncalled for but i've had enough.
Had enough of these lot using our drive as a playground. We are nice when we tell them to move off, never raise our voices or get nasty to the kids, no need for that but that dad got on my last nerve. But i guess some kids have never been told no by an adult before so therefore go crying off to their parents when someone does tell them. Haha just wait until you're working and your boss gives you an ear bashing, you'll have a melt down!
Raised with zero respect, i fear for their futures.

We are getting driveway gates very soon so it will stop all this tit.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 31
Update on my crappy neighbour who thinks she owns underneath a flying freehold property and can dictate who drives under it which she doesn't even bleeping own herself.

I've written a letter to the land owner to request permission firstly for a car parking on occasion and secondly to trim an overhanging plant on the fence which is on the boundary.
If they reply and give us permission then great - job done. If not, then I am going to ask why next door have given access to 2 cars permanently and 1 occasionally.

I've spoken to the housing association who think that actually nobody should have access to the courtyard so she shouldn't be telling other neighbours they can park there as it isn't her permission to give. They agree that she should not be saying she owns it. They own the property. They own both of properties and would want both of us to benefit fairly from anything. They will also be writing a letter to the land owner to see what the deal is with them using the land historically.

In the meantime, this crappy neighbour is encouraging her kid to kick a football against my wall. So I am recording for ASB/noise complaint.

Our CCTV camera is outside and I have now about 7 clips of her sons looking into my car, looking straight at my cctv, looking suspicious basically. So it won't surprise me that if we park in another space we might find some damage.

Also still no proof of this magic letter she claims to have saying that only her and another property can park there.

This feels like it is going to long long process. Ultimately I think we should benefit from any outcome. If nobody has permission to park there and the locks get changed then that's sad but not my fault. We were only parking there for 3 nights whilst the parking permit came through for the street. These neighbours wanted to be petty so this is on them.

• Sad
I have just got home from walking my dog and came in the way I always do and there the biggest pile of dog s#*t ever on my grass and I know it's my neighbour dog I mean I have put up with her music and screaming and shouting In the landing but this annoyed me she knows I have been doing my garden nice

• Sad
Reactions: 3
Nicely told the kids to not run down my driveway and out my front garden as a cut through from their street on to the main road...we are the end house.
Gets a knock on my door from the dad of two of them telling me off for telling his kids want to do.
Sorry to say i lost it....i asked him when he planned on paying my mortgage because until he does i can and will tell his kids to move off MY driveway, that its his job to teach his kid right from wrong not mine and to get the duck off my doorstep as he was making the front of my house look untidy and grow some bleeping brain cells..... Yes ok so my last comment was uncalled for but i've had enough.
Had enough of these lot using our drive as a playground. We are nice when we tell them to move off, never raise our voices or get nasty to the kids, no need for that but that dad got on my last nerve. But i guess some kids have never been told no by an adult before so therefore go crying off to their parents when someone does tell them. Haha just wait until you're working and your boss gives you an ear bashing, you'll have a melt down!

What a legend. Well done to you.
How did he react to the telling off

What a legend. Well done to you.
How did he react to the telling off
Proper dumb founded expression and i slammed the door on him so he didnt get a chance to react. My cctv showed him walking off soon as the door was shut on him.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
Omg after two years of living with a noisy rude no Job mummy pays all his bills , we are finally moving. Our landlord was a waste of time as he threatened to evict several times but never did. We have found a new place and have put in our 30days. Good luck to the next renter !

• Heart
Reactions: 11

Someone with the same problem as me! The street rats sit in my garden! They are constantly kicking their football off my car. I once reversed back up the street because as soon as I pulled away they ran into my garden to sit in it. They've got it a shithole too. I've just left it to grow wild this year 😂 it looks terrible. People come round and we invite them into our back garden which is perfectly pruned. Ah well. The mothers are absolute charmers too. Dont work and sit in the front garden drinking blasting crap music all day...
I just hope the only good thing to come from the tories is the easing of being able to evict ppl and the council can have them out on their ears! They should round up disrespectful horrible neighbours and put them in a street together

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Neighbour just knocked, too late to knock in my opinion, and basically just blamed me and my husband for blocking her drain.

She lives up hill from us and there are 4 houses between her and us. She hasn't knocked on any other doors between us and her. And she was saying its all baby wipes etc and looked proper down her nose at me as she said it!

We don't use wipes of any description. I am anti single use everything so it definitely isn't us.

Bloody people 🙄

ETA I do know how drains work and it is perfectly plausible there is a blockage our end backing up to her. However it's the fact she has immediately come to us, skipping 4 other houses and how accusatory she was. If it does end up being our drain that is an issue we will obviously get it fixed but it doesn't mean we caused the issue just that we are the end and will get stuck with the cost. Also my husband has anxiety issues, so now won't sleep all night as he will be worrying, which means I won't sleep either 😫

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.