Odd Neighbours / Neighbour Problems

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My other half is very much ‘it’s the bank holiday, let them have fun’. I would like to be asleep.... like you say, they do it once they’re more likely to do it again if nobody says anything. It’s just so loud!
I have nothing against people having fun but at the same time they are saying to everyone around you ‘I don’t give a tit about you or your sleep, I’ll do whatever I want, duck you!’
Or they just aren’t thinking at all which is concerning.

Reactions: 9
I have nothing against people having fun but at the same time they are saying to everyone around you ‘I don’t give a tit about you or your sleep, I’ll do whatever I want, duck you!’
Or they just aren’t thinking at all which is concerning.
Absolutely, I’m all for people having fun- but there is a time and a place. They sound drunk, so I doubt they’re even aware of how loud they’re being, yet we live in a neighbourhood with a lot of young families. Aside from being annoyed it doesn’t really affect us, but I feel for our neighbours which young kids who can’t sleep/have been woken up

Reactions: 3
I've just moved thankfully but was in a block of flats where the neighbours below me would cook the most pungent, smelliest food known to man. This would happen twice per day. My entire living space stank. My clothes started to smell. I was really surprised to find out there is no law against it because I used to live in a country where there were quite strict rules about it. I complained to their landlord but nothing changed. I had all my windows open even in the dead of winter, I would constantly spray and light candles but nothing could get rid of the smell when they started cooking. I never thought something like that would take such a toll on my mental health.

My neighbours next door would have knock down blazing rows and once she locked him out and he was screaming at her right outside my door. It was horrible. Then once during lockdown, I decided to strip some wallpaper during the day on a shared wall. He had the audacity to complain. I decided not to mention having to listen to the pair of them screaming at each other for weeks on end.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 4
I've been really upset over this so apologies for my rant.

My HA tenant neighbour seems to think that her flying freehold property gives her rights to decide who can or can't drive under the property. Despite us being the same landlord, she thinks she can dictate who can drive into a courtyard which is owned by a private company. She reckons solicitors have given her prove that she has this power. She has been asked to provide the letter she claims to have but nothing so far.

Her son used their car blocked the gate so we couldn't get out despite there being plenty of space on the road. We knocked to ask him to move back slightly and he started shouting/swearing at us. The mum and two sons carried on being horrible to us then called the police on US despite them racially abusing me. Police offered to take statement and arrest them over the hate crime but I decided against it because it was so petty. bleeping madness how people behave these days.

HA are being tit so far too. Nobody seems to want to take ownership to help us settle this. One department says the racial abuse makes it another department's problem but then that department says this is not real ASB either. I've ended up doing my own detective work with title deeds to establish the owner of the land so hopefully I can get them to either give us permission OR kick everyone out who parks there with tit neighbours "permission".

I'm really struggling with this stress on top of day to day BS. I don't know really where to turn to really get this resolved.

• Sad
Reactions: 7
The house nextdoor to me has been empty for a while and is now going on the market. I dread to think who will buy it 😣
We've recently moved and the all our neighbours are either very old , or about pension age so it is likely the residents of the street will be changing in the near future.

Reactions: 2
My neighbour has been out all day every day since she made a total tit of herself.

We (my carer friend) did think she was carrying on with this because she wanted to somehow stop my friend from visiting and was playing on some imagined fact that she was scared .. but the police report of her driving past my friend's home shouting and swearing and then looking in my windows laughing would dispute that nonsense.

Reactions: 1
Why the duck does my neighbour think it’s ok to go in the hot tub for 8 hours a day from 8pm til 4am (sometimes) and blast the water jets all the time? The jets sound like a pressure washer, and him and his stupid friends have to shout to hear each other over them.

we also live in a terraced house so this is outside my bedroom window, great!
They’re still in there now 12.45 am screaming and shouting.
Hot tubs remind me of swingers.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Hot tubs remind me of swingers.
I’ve never looked at one the same again after my OH told me he went to a party in his younger days and everyone got in the hot tub. Him and a few others didn’t but everyone that was in the hot tub ended up with the clap. Even if it’s not possible I’m not taking any risks 😂

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 11
Without fail, whether it's Xmas decs in the winter, or flowers in the summer, my neighbour will copy me 🤦🏼‍♀️ we put our freshly planted pots out the other day, low and behold hers are now out there a day later 🤣 I put mine out early last year because we had fabulous weather... they swiftly followed suit. I can't buy as much as a new doormat, a hanging basket or get a new recycling bag because you can guarantee she will do the same. She even lures my cat over the fence with ham and shuts her in her house.. Absolute nutcase! 🤣🤣🥴😳

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
I’m all for people having a laugh, I play my music loud but never late at night because I like my sleep 😂 My neighbours have their music sometimes from 7am til 12 midnight. Hard when you’re WFH. They also are the type to see a tiny bit of sun, set the BBQ up and play their music in the garden.

We had family over in the garden the other week and they were quiet. As soon as they heard us chatting in the garden, they came out and started to pressure wash their patio and talk loudly. We hadn’t seen said family member for over a year due to shielding so I was so annoyed. Every time they have their music on now, I put mine on louder. I know it’s petty but I’ve stopped caring at this point. My music is better anyway 😎

Reactions: 12
Without fail, whether it's Xmas decs in the winter, or flowers in the summer, my neighbour will copy me 🤦🏼‍♀️ we put our freshly planted pots out the other day, low and behold hers are now out there a day later 🤣 I put mine out early last year because we had fabulous weather... they swiftly followed suit. I can't buy as much as a new doormat, a hanging basket or get a new recycling bag because you can guarantee she will do the same. She even lures my cat over the fence with ham and shuts her in her house.. Absolute nutcase! 🤣🤣🥴😳
Ours are the same! They are a young couple.
We jet washed our front and back...they did the same.
We painted our fence and fence posts....they did the same but in this awful dark grey colour.
At the front we had this ramdom patch of greenery we didn't care for. We pulled up all weeds, put down a weed membrain and covered it with stone chippings......they did the same a few weeks ago.
We are having front gate and driveway gates fitted next Monday and i bet they will at least copy the front gate.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 7
Ours are the same! They are a young couple.
We jet washed our front and back...they did the same.
We painted our fence and fence posts....they did the same but in this awful dark grey colour.
At the front we had this ramdom patch of greenery we didn't care for. We pulled up all weeds, put down a weed membrain and covered it with stone chippings......they did the same a few weeks ago.
We are having front gate and driveway gates fitted next Monday and i bet they will at least copy the front gate.
It's so sad isn't it! Imagine being that bothered by what someone else has done to their house that you rush out and do the same. Gates are not cheap either they must be green with envy 🤣 My husband used to say I was imagining it, but when the copying became obvious he had to agree it was more than coincidence. These are a young couple too. They need to get a grip 🥴🤣 They rent their house so can't copy everything - thank god!!

Live on the ground floor with a garden on a row of flats, thre's someone above us and next to us.

Above us are constantly hoovering at all hours. Im not even sure why but it drives me mental that I can hear them above me.

Next door are constantly out in the garden. He has a lovely garden and ours is in progress (😂) me and my bf spent a fortune of plants from the garden centre, painted the fence and he thanked us for making it look nicer. Bearing in my we rent and down own, it's not really our job to redesign and landscspe the garden. Now the same Neighbour always tells us we're lazy and the garden is progressing too slowly. Sorry i have a job and you're an old retired bleep with time on your hands. If I see him outside I won't go out and will wait until he's gone back inside. He's really nice to our cat tbf and one time I told her to get out of his garden and he said "just let her enjoy the garden it's okay" oh and lastly sorry, he's put up flashing Christmas fairy lights that are bleeping annoying. I took this as an insult 😂

Above him are okay. Its a single middle aged man who will always find an excuse to talk to me. He asked me some random question about the electric when I was sat in the garden the other day and I went "IDK should I get Pilchard? Because that's something he probably knows" and he was all like "NO NO DON'T WORRY" 🤔

There's also that old bleep who hit our cat that I've mentioned on the what's annoyed you today thread and another old dude I have to check isn't outside when I leave and always catches me when I'm busy 😂

• Wow
It's so sad isn't it! Imagine being that bothered by what someone else has done to their house that you rush out and do the same. Gates are not cheap either they must be green with envy 🤣 My husband used to say I was imagining it, but when the copying became obvious he had to agree it was more than coincidence. These are a young couple too. They need to get a grip 🥴🤣 They rent their house so can't copy everything - thank god!!
Is it envy though or just people without their own ideas and love what other people do.

I'm on lots of gardening sites and DIY sites and people will just copy others .. Last years craze was hanging shower curtains on walls to make a scenic view. 😂

Amazon product

• Haha
Reactions: 8
So most of our near neighbours are great and/or keep themselves to themselves.

We’ve got someone who is I think 2 streets away who is currently having a VERY loud karaoke party - ie can hear music and karaoke word for word. I feel incredibly sorry for the people who live nearby.

It’s a one off, not had this issue before but I guess due to lockdown. Is there anything we can do?
We called the police last year on some moron having his own 1 man show in the garden all day. Not late at night but genuinely ridiculous. Police had complaints from all over, almost told US our street, they'd had that many calls. Its just selfish and i honestly think it comes from a place of attention seeking. They always seem to be waiting for a fight

• Haha
Live on the ground floor with a garden on a row of flats, thre's someone above us and next to us.

Above us are constantly hoovering at all hours. Im not even sure why but it drives me mental that I can hear them above me.

Next door are constantly out in the garden. He has a lovely garden and ours is in progress (😂) me and my bf spent a fortune of plants from the garden centre, painted the fence and he thanked us for making it look nicer. Bearing in my we rent and down own, it's not really our job to redesign and landscspe the garden. Now the same Neighbour always tells us we're lazy and the garden is progressing too slowly. Sorry i have a job and you're an old retired bleep with time on your hands. If I see him outside I won't go out and will wait until he's gone back inside. He's really nice to our cat tbf and one time I told her to get out of his garden and he said "just let her enjoy the garden it's okay" oh and lastly sorry, he's put up flashing Christmas fairy lights that are bleeping annoying. I took this as an insult 😂

Above him are okay. Its a single middle aged man who will always find an excuse to talk to me. He asked me some random question about the electric when I was sat in the garden the other day and I went "IDK should I get Pilchard? Because that's something he probably knows" and he was all like "NO NO DON'T WORRY" 🤔

There's also that old bleep who hit our cat that I've mentioned on the what's annoyed you today thread and another old dude I have to check isn't outside when I leave and always catches me when I'm busy 😂
😧 is your cat ok?

• Heart
Is it envy though or just people without their own ideas and love what other people do.

I'm on lots of gardening sites and DIY sites and people will just copy others .. Last years craze was hanging shower curtains on walls to make a scenic view. 😂

Amazon product
I'd like to think it was that, I think most people take inspiration from others whether they realise it or not. If you think something is fab you end up drawn to it, so you recreate the look. I've deffo done that in the past.

But with my neighbour it's blatant copying. She will wait for me to do something then literally do the same a day or two after. It's hard to explain online, but they deffo copy and watch our every move, it's like she takes her cue from me when it's time to put pots out 😄 that to me suggests envy because they rush to do it immediately. She went out and bought a front doormat she overheard me telling a friend I was going to buy. I did a double take when I saw it out the front, it was exactly as I described 🤣😳 she deffo heard our convo as she was out in the garden the same time as us, hovering around listening as she does.

What on earth?! Shower curtains on the wall 🤣🤣 that's one trend I'll never copy in a million years haha! Glad I missed that one

• Haha
Reactions: 6
😧 is your cat ok?
She hit her with a rag when we were outside just hanging out, kitty follows me everywhere so hopped up on her fence and was walking along. I think my bf was cleaning out the garage or something and we were chatting quietly and kitty was with us.

I get not everyone likes cats and she could've easily told us that she didn't want her up there rather than hit her with the rag 😔

She's fine and was fine at the time but if I take out the bins and she follows, I always loudly say (not too loudly) "Stay away from that garden kitty, she's an old bleep"

We do petty tit to her too.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 11
Haha our terrible neighbours have done the same, it’s hilarious to watch even though they are the reason we’re currently moving.
All the gardens face in on each other and the people opposite put up loads of fairy lights in trees and along their pagoda etc so next door did the same so at night it’s like Vegas. Opposite put up bunting and had the garden professionally landscaped next door the same so it not looks like Clacton without the charm and they made more noise than humanly possible.
I’ll be glad to be shot of the bastards, if it’s not their radio on all day, it’s power tools or now lights. Absolutely mental.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.