Odd Neighbours / Neighbour Problems

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Why the duck does my neighbour think it’s ok to go in the hot tub for 8 hours a day from 8pm til 4am (sometimes) and blast the water jets all the time? The jets sound like a pressure washer, and him and his stupid friends have to shout to hear each other over them.

we also live in a terraced house so this is outside my bedroom window, great!
They’re still in there now 12.45 am screaming and shouting.
I feel so sorry for you. Some people are absolute arseholes.

I follow someone on Instagram (a girl from school) that has just bought a house and had her entire family over from midday for a party in the garden. She’s uploading stories every half an hour or so keeping all of us updated with their escapades 🙄. As they get more and more drunk, they turn into typical trashy drunk women that are screaming and playing loud music. I am SO glad that they aren’t my neighbours. I would egg them from my window. So inconsiderate. Can’t imagine what everyone in the street thinks about the chavs that have moved in next door😬

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Does anyone else live near students? I had some near me having a party, playing music and being rowdy till quite late last night. To be fair, they don't do that very often.

Does anyone else live near students? I had some near me having a party, playing music and being rowdy till quite late last night. To be fair, they don't do that very often.
No but i was a student and always picked accommodation in student buildings/areas so we could party lol

Reactions: 1
We've lived in this house for 5 and half years, we get along with both direct neighbours.

A family who live 3 doors down have a new dog that they walk on a retractable lead, we have a rescue dog who is scared of other dogs unless it's on his terms. The other day when out for a walk, their dog came bounding up to my mine, right up in his face so my dog barked and growled at theirs. They made no effort to retract their dogs lead but then started shouting at us that our dog should wear a muzzle/be put down! My dog wears a harness and lead that is bright yellow with nervous on it to warn other owners that he is not okay with being approached.

They have now approached both my direct neighbours to slag us off and ask if my dog barks etc as want to report us to the dog warden! Thankfully both my neighbours ignored it and came and spoke to us.

It's pathetic, they are old enough to be grandparents but acting like a child in the playground!

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 19
We've lived in this house for 5 and half years, we get along with both direct neighbours.

A family who live 3 doors down have a new dog that they walk on a retractable lead, we have a rescue dog who is scared of other dogs unless it's on his terms. The other day when out for a walk, their dog came bounding up to my mine, right up in his face so my dog barked and growled at theirs. They made no effort to retract their dogs lead but then started shouting at us that our dog should wear a muzzle/be put down! My dog wears a harness and lead that is bright yellow with nervous on it to warn other owners that he is not okay with being approached.

They have now approached both my direct neighbours to slag us off and ask if my dog barks etc as want to report us to the dog warden! Thankfully both my neighbours ignored it and came and spoke to us.

It's pathetic, they are old enough to be grandparents but acting like a child in the playground!
Go round and tell them to back the duck off. People like that need putting in their place.

Reactions: 6
Why the duck does my neighbour think it’s ok to go in the hot tub for 8 hours a day from 8pm til 4am (sometimes) and blast the water jets all the time? The jets sound like a pressure washer, and him and his stupid friends have to shout to hear each other over them.

we also live in a terraced house so this is outside my bedroom window, great!
They’re still in there now 12.45 am screaming and shouting.
I can't stand those lazy spa hot tub things because every single antisocial chav seem to aspire to owning one and partying in the thing, like they're some kind of playboy king/queen in LA 🤦🏼‍♀️ no-one wants to have to see someone else's tits/arse/moobs in your own home, as well as the noise. No matter how small a space people seem to insist on cramming them in.

The house nextdoor to me has been empty for a while and is now going on the market. I dread to think who will buy it 😣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
Got woken up today at 9am by some twit doing renovations in their garden. Couldn’t have waited a few more hours, nah?

Reactions: 7
I can't stand those lazy spa hot tub things because every single antisocial chav seem to aspire to owning one and partying in the thing, like they're some kind of playboy king/queen in LA 🤦🏼‍♀️ no-one wants to have to see someone else's tits/arse/moobs in your own home, as well as the noise. No matter how small a space people seem to insist on cramming them in.

The house nextdoor to me has been empty for a while and is now going on the market. I dread to think who will buy it 😣
I swear to god it’s on a bit of decking probably six feet wide and right up against the house! Not even at the end of the garden away from everyone’s earshot.
Do they just not care or are they thick as a plank?

They know I’m unhappy with it as they ignore me now and don’t even say hi.
I just don’t want to see people prancing about in their too small budgie smugglers at 12am in the garden it’s creepy!
I’ve seen his nipples more than my own lately.
His wife seriously thinks she’s in Benidorm in the swimming pool in think, she’s always hair slicked back arms slung over the side... lol.
This tub is tiny and they cram 7 people in sometimes!
The filter always starts buzzing after they all get out, full of gunk, pubes and tit particles.

• Sick
  • Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 14
I swear to god it’s on a bit of decking probably six feet wide and right up against the house! Not even at the end of the garden away from everyone’s earshot.
Do they just not care or are they thick as a plank?

They know I’m unhappy with it as they ignore me now and don’t even say hi.
I just don’t want to see people prancing about in their too small budgie smugglers at 12am in the garden it’s creepy!
I’ve seen his nipples more than my own lately.
His wife seriously thinks she’s in Benidorm in the swimming pool in think, she’s always hair slicked back arms slung over the side... lol.
This tub is tiny and they cram 7 people in sometimes!
The filter always starts buzzing after they all get out, full of gunk, pubes and tit particles.
Awful situation for you 🥺 I'd be crying my eyes out. It's my worst nightmare getting neighbours like that. Some people are beyond rude and selfish! I hope they all catch crabs from each others festing wrinkled flappy bits. It's a rough situation because if you kick up a fuss and get authorities involved, if you want to sell in the future you have to declare it 😣

Reactions: 5
Awful situation for you 🥺 I'd be crying my eyes out. It's my worst nightmare getting neighbours like that. Some people are beyond rude and selfish! I hope they all catch crabs from each others festing wrinkled flappy bits. It's a rough situation because if you kick up a fuss and get authorities involved, if you want to sell in the future you have to declare it 😣
Exactly! We are moving ASAP.
But we had to completely redo the house and we’re nearly finished now.
Cost us about £30,000 :(

It’s not just them though the other neighbours are even worse, they have guests over EVERY SINGLE night and often do outdoor karaoke and fire pits/ barbecues, this is every night and they have hundreds of friends, I’ve hardly seen the same people twice.
Can’t even hang washing out because it fire pits every day.
They eat meals in the garden in the rain wearing winter coats.
Their first words to me when we moved in were ‘Were partiers mind... and so are your other neighbours’
My stomach dropped as I’d just left my last home due to a neighbour having schizophrenia and knocking on the walls all night..
I’ve been diagnosed with depression and anxiety disorder and honestly if my next neighbours are bad that’s it for me, I don’t want to live like this so I won’t.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 8
My neighbours have a dog that they rescued a few years ago. The poor thing never gets walked and they always leave it alone all day. Most of the time 9-5 occasionally longer. I think they walk it once a week 😢. Bloody thing has been barking all day so far as they’ve gone out again 😠

• Sad
yeh this was my dilemma I know the neighbors I have issues with aren't renting so unlikely to move so j didn't want to do a report because of havingto declare later

• Sad
Reactions: 1
Exactly! We are moving ASAP.
But we had to completely redo the house and we’re nearly finished now.
Cost us about £30,000 :(

It’s not just them though the other neighbours are even worse, they have guests over EVERY SINGLE night and often do outdoor karaoke and fire pits/ barbecues, this is every night and they have hundreds of friends, I’ve hardly seen the same people twice.
Can’t even hang washing out because it fire pits every day.
They eat meals in the garden in the rain wearing winter coats.
Their first words to me when we moved in were ‘Were partiers mind... and so are your other neighbours’
My stomach dropped as I’d just left my last home due to a neighbour having schizophrenia and knocking on the walls all night..
I’ve been diagnosed with depression and anxiety disorder and honestly if my next neighbours are bad that’s it for me, I don’t want to live like this so I won’t.
They sound like a right lot of nutters!! Get out as soon as you can and I don't blame you 😕

Reactions: 4
They sound like a right lot of nutters!! Get out as soon as you can and I don't blame you 😕
yeah I agree, it is so awful not being able to just have peace and calm at home. If only you had met them before moving in @omgucnt . I hope people like this end up having awful neighbours in the future.
I left my flat this morning and the whole area full of rubbish from takeaways and broken glass from some people having a party it seems last night, there are bins everywhere so there is no excuse, and the broken glass really worries me as I have cats who go outside

• Angry
Reactions: 2
The best thing if possible is to visit the area you are looking at, do it many times nights, weekends etc

Maybe get a friend to canvas the neighbours make out they are doing a survey of bad and good neighbours and people's experiences.

Reactions: 2
So most of our near neighbours are great and/or keep themselves to themselves.

We’ve got someone who is I think 2 streets away who is currently having a VERY loud karaoke party - ie can hear music and karaoke word for word. I feel incredibly sorry for the people who live nearby.

It’s a one off, not had this issue before but I guess due to lockdown. Is there anything we can do?

So most of our near neighbours are great and/or keep themselves to themselves.

We’ve got someone who is I think 2 streets away who is currently having a VERY loud karaoke party - ie can hear music and karaoke word for word. I feel incredibly sorry for the people who live nearby.

It’s a one off, not had this issue before but I guess due to lockdown. Is there anything we can do?
It’s soul destroying not being able to be in your own bed in your own house without hearing thumping music and people singing badly... why do people think this is ok?
They must be a bit thick.
Plus it’s nearly 12am so you can definitely ring the police.
If it’s after 11pm it’s fine to ring the police, doesnt matter if it’s a one off, maybe they’ll do it again next week it nobody complains...

• Heart
Reactions: 10
It’s soul destroying not being able to be in your own bed in your own house without hearing thumping music and people singing badly... why do people think this is ok?
They must be a bit thick.
Plus it’s nearly 12am so you can definitely ring the police.
If it’s after 11pm it’s fine to ring the police, doesnt matter if it’s a one off, maybe they’ll do it again next week it nobody complains...
My other half is very much ‘it’s the bank holiday, let them have fun’. I would like to be asleep.... like you say, they do it once they’re more likely to do it again if nobody says anything. It’s just so loud!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.