Odd Neighbours / Neighbour Problems

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Honestly I would call social services that is just awful
They can't do anything.
All she has to do is live her life as long as it's not overly noisy or disruptive. The lady next door banged on the wall every time my grandchildren walked from the living room to my bedroom I did a log in the end and housing told her to stop and children walking playing or playing up was a normal everyday thing.

Reactions: 5
They can't do anything.
All she has to do is live her life as long as it's not overly noisy or disruptive. The lady next door banged on the wall every time my grandchildren walked from the living room to my bedroom I did a log in the end and housing told her to stop and children walking playing or playing up was a normal everyday thing.
She’s in a five bedroom upper apartment on 2 floors, ie a family home. The downstairs have a 2 bedroom place with own front door. Her other kids are at school. Nobody can stop a 2 year old running around. It’s daytime noise and the neighbours are only bothered because it’s lockdown and they work from home. The wee lad is in his bed by 7.30, sometimes earlier so no noise at night or after 11pm.

She has a serious health condition just now and I’m worried about her now spending her days traipsing round parks and avoiding her own home because the neighbours are being arsey.

Also it’s the man of the couple who complains and makes sure he does it when my friend’s husband is away with work (weeks at a time).

• Sad
Reactions: 3
go and visit the home ,shouting things like that at a baby is not normal
I think it’s crossed posts they’re not shouting at them directly although they do scream from their house apparently...my friend doesn’t hear him, it was him that told her he did that 😬

Reactions: 1
I think it’s crossed posts they’re not shouting at them directly although they do scream from their house apparently...my friend doesn’t hear him, it was him that told her he did that 😬
ah sorry I am reading about a million threads and obviously got confused :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Quoting my own post here ( there are more posts after)

Was chatting to my friend and carer last night on messenger when she suddenly said to me, can you go and look to see if ******* (lady next door from my earlier post) car is there ASAP. I said she is home as heard her not long ago but popped out and looked anyway. Her car was not there. My friend said she knows as she had just driven past her house hooting and shouting out the window " fcking witch".
She reported it to the police as this crap has gone too far. police won't do anything but at least it's logged her neighbours see the car and heard it as well so at least she has witnesses

Next thing next door and I suppose a friend walked right close to my living room window looked in and laughed. I was shaking as she is unstable and I had three of my grandchildren here and the baby was sleeping under the window and obviously your mind creates all types of scenarios of what could happen.
Quoting my own posts again. The same night one of this lady's "friends" ( could have been a fake account) started a thread in the village FB group about me and my friend. Apparently, we are bullying the lady next door.

Honestly, this women will get what's coming and without me doing a thing. I feel powerful now, I feel she has pushed me as far as I can go before I say duck it. I stopped living my life because it was easier than having this woman bang on the walls or complain to housing. But now I'm done with it all.

I came into a small windfall a few years back and bought a top of the middle-range sewing machine and overlocker and got the local handyman to build me a sewing corner. I only used it twice due to her banging on the wall. Now im going to start using it again .. It was my dream. And no I would not be on it all day every day. it was just a place to upcycle or alter the kid's clothes. Not as a dressmaker. I'm disabled so could not sit too long anyway

I was on the point of selling all my sewing stuff as a job lot but now im keeping it and using it.

1622097227455.png

1622097267401.png

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Quoting my own posts again. The same night one of this lady's "friends" ( could have been a fake account) started a thread in the village FB group about me and my friend. Apparently, we are bullying the lady next door.

Honestly, this women will get what's coming and without me doing a thing. I feel powerful now, I feel she has pushed me as far as I can go before I say duck it. I stopped living my life because it was easier than having this woman bang on the walls or complain to housing. But now I'm done with it all.

I came into a small windfall a few years back and bought a top of the middle-range sewing machine and overlocker and got the local handyman to build me a sewing corner. I only used it twice due to her banging on the wall. Now im going to start using it again .. It was my dream. And no I would not be on it all day every day. it was just a place to upcycle or alter the kid's clothes. Not as a dressmaker. I'm disabled so could not sit too long anyway

I was on the point of selling all my sewing stuff as a job lot but now im keeping it and using it.

View attachment 592135

View attachment 592137

That’s the most amazing hobby corner I have ever seen!

Get to work - it’ll be good for your mental health and please ignore your neighbour - people like them will always find a reason to be rubbish, especially when they sniff out disabilities (it’s a bullying thing).

• Heart
Reactions: 7
That’s the most amazing hobby corner I have ever seen!

Get to work - it’ll be good for your mental health and please ignore your neighbour - people like them will always find a reason to be rubbish, especially when they sniff out disabilities (it’s a bullying thing).
Thank you. I feel empowered ( sounds cringy but...) she did one thing too many and lost her hold over me. I feel free.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
My downstairs neighbour keeps complaining that I laugh too loudly. Obviously it's fine for him and his 'friend' to slam doors to the extent it shakes my flat, for said friend to screech at his dogs and for his dogs to bark/howl throughout the day and into the night (sometimes as late as 1am) though. So I continue to laugh as and when I want with no attempt to hold it in. Miserable git 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Not me but my friend who has a two year old has had her neighbour at her door complaining about the noise of him running about during the day. He’s in bed by early evening. The neighbours are working from home since lockdown and say they need peace and quiet during the day to do their stressful jobs. Friend has started spending most of the day out and about to keep the neighbours, who are young with no kids, happy. Friend has a serious health issue and should be resting really. I told her to tell the neighbours to suck it up or go back to their offices, but she’s too nice for that.
I had an upstairs neighbour who let their children run around. I'd rather listen to that (it was never too early or late) than constant banging or loud music.

Reactions: 4
My neighbours expect the new one have all lost it at this point the one who has a camera on my door has called the police on me and done various other things is now been nice to me I mean super nice and all I can do is laugh. Karma that what it is called

I had an upstairs neighbour who let their children run around. I'd rather listen to that (it was never too early or late) than constant banging or loud music.
It’s that my friend is allowing these assholes to bully her into going out during the day. The have a shared garden and the neighbours complained that when she was out there with her wee lad she was looking at her phone. The garden is fully enclosed and safe. There are kids garden toys. He’s never left alone. The neighbour has no business making comments on her phone use. It’s all designed to intimidate her. If there hadn’t been a lockdown there would be no issue. I had a neighbour who was similar years back. Wouldn’t say a word to my husband but quite happy to attempt to intimidate me.

Reactions: 2
Well here we are, the bank holiday weekend sponsored by universal credit. Suns out scums out...

Why do people think you want to hear their music blasting?
Why are you blasting it in the front garden when you have a substantial and hella more private back garden
Shes the absolute definition of rough so probably just sat the wanting someone to say something. Gives her something to do I suppose, not working and getting pregnant every 9 months must get pretty samey

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Love bank holidays! Spent 6 hours listening to the neighbour's pressure washer, and it is LOUD. I can't have a conversation in the garden it's so loud.

• Angry
Reactions: 8
I've got next doors child wailing like a banshee. I know he's only a baby (well not quite, he's over a year) but he's clearly hot and uncomfortable outside so just take him in. It's not rocket science.

Reactions: 4
Maybe the wrong thread?!

I’ve just relocated to a little village. Already been told jokingly I can’t park on the road that I live on due to others parking their 2+ cars.
But weirdly these people also Avoid parking their cars on their drives. I did say I have a car I will be eventually moving here full time but that I would never block anyone in or park in front of peoples drives etc.

My house hasn’t a drive way it’s got a make shift the last owner clearly did but since it’s on a dead end people just park on the road blocking said make shift patio. What have people done to stop this you can’t park here/ not get blocked in or have your tyres slashed because villiage folk believe they rule the street??????

So my new neighbour knows what I have had to deal with for the past few months anyways she comes to my door saying I'm away to have a party and my other neighbour was recording it we seen the lights he has a door camera that records us all the time and she like hes listening anyways and bangs his door and says to him I'm away to have a party and hes like aye sound and she burst out laughing anyways her pals was like we wouldn't tell our neighbours were having a party and she laughed and said she deserve respect and I will tell her when I am having a party so she can shut her bedroom door and sleep. All I'm saying is im glad she told me because if not I would of been woken up in the night and making sure he knows she told me and that's what good neighbours do as he has partys and his mates kick my door

Why the duck does my neighbour think it’s ok to go in the hot tub for 8 hours a day from 8pm til 4am (sometimes) and blast the water jets all the time? The jets sound like a pressure washer, and him and his stupid friends have to shout to hear each other over them.

we also live in a terraced house so this is outside my bedroom window, great!
They’re still in there now 12.45 am screaming and shouting.

• Sad
  • Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.