Odd Neighbours / Neighbour Problems

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The police wont do.anything as they are allowed to have them are you in scotland as you can get the ico involved my neighbour has one looking on my door weirdo he is and they cant do anything
Strange how they are allowed to have them when it's not for a front or back door but just on the wall facing me and not even her own garden :/

Oh well, more loud water features and a pole full of windchimes all on motorised spinners for when I'm in the garden with friends.

if she keeps doing what she is doing, then when I'm out for the day too,

Reactions: 3
Strange how they are allowed to have them when it's not for a front or back door but just on the wall facing me and not even her own garden :/

Oh well, more loud water features and a pole full of windchimes all on motorised spinners for when I'm in the garden with friends.

Put things near it that will interfere with what sounds it picks up, like the wind chimes etc

Have you bought your house or you with local authority because you could speak to them it's a joke I'm with you my neighbour records me all the time while hes having parties ect and causing trouble constatly

Don’t want to derail, but where do I stand with a leak coming from my neighbours side of my house into mine? (top of bedroom wall) We are in a row of terraces and I have a new roof on my house and no leaks (roofer checked) so assuming it’s from next door? They rent and they’ve even admitted me to that they’ve only met the landlady once or twice and she’s always reluctant to want to spend any money on the house! (I own mine)

Edit. I’ve not actually approached them about the leak as of yet but I know they’ll tell me they’ll speak to the landlord but like to make a point of telling me how difficult it is to speak to her because it’s through an agency (I’ve got another ongoing issue due with the same neighbours 🤦🏼‍♀️ And they used that excuse in February and I’m still waiting for a resolution)

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 2
Don’t want to derail, but where do I stand with a leak coming from my neighbours side of my house into mine? (top of bedroom wall) We are in a row of terraces and I have a new roof on my house and no leaks (roofer checked) so assuming it’s from next door? They rent and they’ve even admitted me to that they’ve only met the landlady once or twice and she’s always reluctant to want to spend any money on the house! (I own mine)

Edit. I’ve not actually approached them about the leak as of yet but I know they’ll tell me they’ll speak to the landlord but like to make a point of telling me how difficult it is to speak to her because it’s through an agency (I’ve got another ongoing issue due with the same neighbours 🤦🏼‍♀️ And they used that excuse in February and I’m still waiting for a resolution)
Feel bad for you, but we can't expect tenants to do expensive repairs like that.

Do they rent through an agency or directly? They will have the landlord's address on their tenancy agreement, they have to have their details by law. If they don't want to give you the details I would approach the local council to try and find out. Once you have the details of who owns the house send them a letter (posted recorded delivery) asking them nicely to investigate the problem . You will also probably have to pay for a report from a professional to state that it is not a problem coming from your own house if they refuse to acknowledge the situation. If they still won't play ball you'll probably have to seek legal advice. I do feel for you, I lived in a rented house years ago with the same sort of issue and it was water coming in from the privately owned terraced roof next door. It caused loads of damp on the stairs so we moved on.

Reactions: 2
Spent a good while reading through this thread to see if ONE of my lunatic neighbours were here 😂

My side of the street on either side are great neighbours, friendly but dont impose types. Perfect for an antisocial introvert like me
Opposite i have the parking warden, cant use her garage because its full to the rafters with crap. 2 cars and a huge van. So of course absolutely needs to park in front of her house. I only have 1 car so just park on my drive but because she insists on parking directly opposite my drive (covering hers) it can make life hard for visitors who arent used to squeezing off my drive.
She also uses my drive to turn around. Her car fully onto my drive to turn around. Im in the process of saving for gates which im tempted to padlock.

Next to her are some of the most disgusting vile children i have ever met. Their mother is absolute scum of the earth, sits and gets drunk in her front garden while her kids torment everyone in the street, destroy things and drop litter. Regular screaming matches with men in her garden. Surprisingly resilient to covid considering 🤔

Then there's the one who plays the hokeycokey every time she goes out. Where my tv is in my bedroom i can also see out the window and her car door reflects the light in (i am nosey but this is 100% just a noticed thing) shes in the car, out the car, in the house, out the house, in the car, out the car ALL.THE.TIME this went on for 45 minutes yesterday while I watched sister wives 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 13
One of my neighbours has a French Bulldog and they let it out everyday in the back garden at 3pm and every single day this dog will bark for like an hour and it honestly sounds like a child screaming like it’s being murdered and every single time it shits me up and it’s so awkward when I’m on an important work call and all they can hear is what sounds like a child being murdered in the background 🥴

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
One of my neighbours has a French Bulldog and they let it out everyday in the back garden at 3pm and every single day this dog will bark for like an hour and it honestly sounds like a child screaming like it’s being murdered and every single time it shits me up and it’s so awkward when I’m on an important work call and all they can hear is what sounds like a child being murdered in the background 🥴
Lol ppl have asked me "is that your dog" on calls. No its my neighbours dog which barks all the time because she doesnt walk it.

• Sad
Yours and my story as so similar I at first thought (reading your first post) that you might be my neighbour taking the piss out of me. I have now started to fight fire with fire. I have covered the fence with trellis going higher than the two meters allowed by putting it on planters just away from the fence) and fake ivy roll and am growing real plants up it.

I have made some water features that are noisy by the fence and also have windchimes that I put up when in the garden.
Housing told me to just live my life and not worry about her, that's not easy when she is banging on the wall over every little thing.
She has called the police for a friend swearing, she has called the police saying I broke covid restrictions I hadn't, and police were satisfied I hadn't. The thing is she has a criminal record for assaulting a copper, she was banned from the local pub and she makes a point of letting me know she is violent and unreasonable when drinking she is always moving due to "problem neighbours" I think that those other neighbours fought back over her absolute ridiculousness and so she moved. So that's what I have to do. I'm a very quiet person, I don't play music or watch TV in my living room. I just sit quietly all day but now going to be like a normal person and have the radio on do my sewing ( she bangs on my wall when I do) She lives like a normal human being and makes noise but I'm not allowed to.

Its been hard as I have lived with this type of person and nothing you do to appease them will work, if you stop doing what you were doing that was annoying them, they will just find something else equally as stupid to get pissed off about.

So lets do this together. Lets live our lives and not give these idiots another moment of our time. xxx

I have logged everything with housing and am going to do the same with the police.
I was putting up screening on the higher trellis yesterday and noticed she has a ring doorbell pointing to the boundary fence, up the top near the back door her whole garden and the back gate would not be in any video its just point at our fence my patio is the other side

Why would you need that, anyone have any ideas? I was thinking maybe listening to my conversations as it cant see over the fence.

I feel I need to write or talk to the police about this lady as I feel stalked and unsafe. I don't want to seem stupid by informing the police but I'm not easily scared but something feels very off about her.

Quoting my own post here ( there are more posts after)

Was chatting to my friend and carer last night on messenger when she suddenly said to me, can you go and look to see if ******* (lady next door from my earlier post) car is there ASAP. I said she is home as heard her not long ago but popped out and looked anyway. Her car was not there. My friend said she knows as she had just driven past her house hooting and shouting out the window " fcking witch".
She reported it to the police as this crap has gone too far. police won't do anything but at least it's logged her neighbours see the car and heard it as well so at least she has witnesses

Next thing next door and I suppose a friend walked right close to my living room window looked in and laughed. I was shaking as she is unstable and I had three of my grandchildren here and the baby was sleeping under the window and obviously your mind creates all types of scenarios of what could happen.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
Quoting my own post here ( there are more posts after)

Was chatting to my friend and carer last night on messenger when she suddenly said to me, can you go and look to see if ******* (lady next door from my earlier post) car is there ASAP. I said she is home as heard her not long ago but popped out and looked anyway. Her car was not there. My friend said she knows as she had just driven past her house hooting and shouting out the window " fcking witch".
She reported it to the police as this crap has gone too far. police won't do anything but at least it's logged her neighbours see the car and heard it as well so at least she has witnesses
i can never understand why ppl want to live this. They cant have anything else going on in their lives. Like my parking warden, why are you constantly looking out of the window, I can see you own a TV, its on the wall for everyone to see from your window 😂

i can never understand why ppl want to live this. They cant have anything else going on in their lives. Like my parking warden, why are you constantly looking out of the window, I can see you own a TV, its on the wall for everyone to see from your window 😂
Some need drama. I've had way more than my fair share of drama and just need some peace in my twilight years

Reactions: 5
Yeah, I live on a council estate and my next door neighbour, her next door neighbour and someone who lives over the road are all single mums who don’t work and live on benefits (which I have no issue with) but they’re horrible. They try and bully anyone who’s new and moves on the street because they don’t work and have nothing more important going on in their lives. Their kids are horror shows who are out at all hours of the day, parents screaming and shouting or smoking weed and stinking the street up. Everyone in my house works except for my Dad because he’s disabled so we never get involved with drama on the street cause we legit have a million better things to do with our time. They tried starting bullying my mum who’s recently passed even though my mum was very physically disabled and lived on the street her whole life, came round literally bouncing around our garden as if gearing up for a fight with my mum because they accused us of robbing their bin?! which we hadn’t. Like duck me, get a job and get a life.

• Sad
Reactions: 12
Not me but my friend who has a two year old has had her neighbour at her door complaining about the noise of him running about during the day. He’s in bed by early evening. The neighbours are working from home since lockdown and say they need peace and quiet during the day to do their stressful jobs. Friend has started spending most of the day out and about to keep the neighbours, who are young with no kids, happy. Friend has a serious health issue and should be resting really. I told her to tell the neighbours to suck it up or go back to their offices, but she’s too nice for that.

• Sad
Reactions: 12
We didnt know what to do as was awkward. I can constantly hear her shouting and swearing through the walls during the day as i work from home. Yesterday i could hear her shouting fine dont f##ing eat then f##ing starve you little sh#t to who im assuming is her baby.
Like it made me uncomfortable and dont know what to do. Its not like her child is 6/7/8 etc it must only be a couple of months old as he doesnt walk yet. To hear her shouting oh stop f##ing crying or i give you something to cry about makes me uncomfortable but too scared to go over and be like hey you ok
Aww no this makes me sad, poor little thing. I couldn't imagine speaking to my baby like that :( I hope he/ she is okay.

Reactions: 4
Not me but my friend who has a two year old has had her neighbour at her door complaining about the noise of him running about during the day. He’s in bed by early evening. The neighbours are working from home since lockdown and say they need peace and quiet during the day to do their stressful jobs. Friend has started spending most of the day out and about to keep the neighbours, who are young with no kids, happy. Friend has a serious health issue and should be resting really. I told her to tell the neighbours to suck it up or go back to their offices, but she’s too nice for that.
Honestly I would call social services that is just awful

I’ve been WFH since March 2020 and I’ve had to work everyday with some form of noise from my neighbours. I get they’ve been at home too but I’m sure you will appreciate how distracting it is to have loud music blaring and various forms of banging constantly.

I’m a PhD student and I’m currently interviewing participants for my research over Zoom. In normal times I’d be doing this in person. I have an interview very soon and my neighbours are banging and sawing 🙁 They’re not the most approachable people either so I can’t go round and just say I’m interviewing for an hour please can you be mindful of noise. I have anxiety about doing these interviews and the noise just makes it worse. I dread waking up every morning thinking what noise I’m going to have to put up with today.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.