Odd Neighbours / Neighbour Problems

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My partner and I moved into our flat nearly 4 years ago now. At first our downstairs neighbours seemed nice enough, offering to help us set up our TV, getting furniture inside and letting us use their Wifi until we set our own up - how lovely. But then they started being too friendly. Everytime we left the flat they would suddenly be outside to chat and go on about his life, asking personal questions, asking if we were ok paying all our bills and always mentioning how close he was to the landlords and that he was known as the “groundskeeper of the 3 flats”. He was so invasive that it allowed my boyfriend to quit smoking as he’d have to go round the block to smoke to get away from him and eventually he just quit. Whenever we had guests over he would bother them aswell

Stupidly when we first met them I gave them my number incase of emergency. He used to text ALL the time to tell us to keep it down when we weren’t even loud. We are 23 and 35 and are so quiet and considerate. We never play music really or walk heavy footer, nothing. He tried to add us on Facebook and Instagram so I blocked him (and his partner) on everything. So then he started posting hand written notes through the door. “I have to be up at 3AM for work so don’t use your bath or oven past 10PM”. Baring in mind at the time we both worked in hospitality so would want to shower after our shifts (the shower and oven didn’t make any noise). He would send notes about anything and everything and then ring the doorbell to check we got them

Whenever we would see them they would make passive aggressive comments sometimes, they would either be overly nice or rude and make us feel uneasy. Things like “Do you not wear slippers? Your feet are so loud” - I’m 5ft and weigh about 8 stone. Basically trying to make out we are noisy and that our hamster was so loud as they could hear whenever she was in her exercise ball. A hamster 🤣 Noisy 🤣. What makes it even more hypocritical is that they are the noisiest twats ever. He has a £10K TV setup (apparently) and it sounds like we live above a cinema, not to mention they’d play loud music all the time and listen to the same songs repeatedly. It would start as early as 7AM to 1AM in the morning. It used to be so loud it would honestly make me cry. I have anxiety so they used to make it even louder when I was on my own to scare me. Not to mention if I was home alone, he would bang on the door and ring the doorbell, screaming my name for no reason or to tell me a letter or parcel had arrived. My boyfriend ended up telling him not to knock on if I was alone because it scared me and he laughed. One time my boyfriend went away and I was alone. He heard me come down the stairs (which is above their bathroom) and stood right infront of the door and waited. Luckily I ran back up to see if my friend was here to pick me up and I saw him, he had his arms crossed and had the biggest grin on his face, as if he was waiting to ??? I don’t know what, baring in mind he’s60

Their door is also above our bedroom so when they smoke it would travel into our room so we try not to open the window in their a lot. They smoke atleast 50 times a day so it’s constant. They slam the front door so hard the entire floor shakes. I can hear them stomping around constantly and arguing - they have some nasty arguements and I’ve heard his partner accuse him of hitting her. The lady also has two sons who are vile and the entire family doesn’t speak at a normal level - they shout

One time I was bringing some shopping home and he saw I had bagels and told me that I shouldn’t be eating them, no wonder I’d gained weight (yes I did because I was 19 at the time and a size 4, a very unhealthy weight with food related issues). Then they both proceeded to tell me where I had put weight on and how I should lose it as they’d lost weight (they are bigger than me and my boyfriend put together). But they weren’t trying to upset me... yeah right

I remember when our hamster died the lady laughed and took the piss out of me, “oh diddums what a shame”. Eventually we had enough as did our other neighbours who live in a bungalow attatched to the two flats - which by the way, there had been 4 new couples who moved in and left since we’d been there, including the house infront and they all said it was because of the neighbours. I rang our landlady who is lovely and she was gobsmacked, we had recorded them being vile and sent it to her, along with pictures of all the notes they had written and screenshots of messages they sent to our other neighbours about us, commenting on our appearences and how my boyfriend was a “snobby c*nt* because he’s training to be an accountant? She sent her husband round and he gave them a right telling off. He tried to deny it but the landlord didn’t believe a word and told him to stop saying they were mates because they weren’t 🤣 He also told them that if we complained again he would be kicked out. Since then they have been put in their place. We haven’t really heard the TV or music since. If it does ever get loud for a second he apologises like a little child 🤣 Nice as pie. Makes us casseroles now and gets us presents 🙃🤣

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 35
Ha, I know! He and his wife are very boring people, with all the personality of wet cotton wool. He's known in the neighbourhood for being very fastidious with his garden - nothing can be out of place. Weeds are shot on sight.
I bet he’s an animal between the sheets though. 🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 8
So I got a new neighbour in and everything iv been thro with my 2 other neighbours she in the middle of blaring music and making his life tit she puts up her music he puts his up ect honestly its the funniest thing iv seen....

Reactions: 6
In my last house my tosser neighbour changed when I had my daughter, she would bang on the wall, call me a c**t and complain to environmental health every time I put my heating on!! 🙄 they even came out to reassure her my heating wasn’t affecting her in the slightest, what a waste of their time!

• Wow
Reactions: 10
My biggest neighbour problem is the amount of cats there is in my small close. I love cats I really do but my close has 16 houses to it and there’s at least 10 cats. All of which insist on shitting in my garden 😂 (front and back). We’re not the only house that doesn’t have a cat, there’s actually more houses that don’t than do. But it’s only ours they tit on 😑

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
I'm on holiday and just received a text from my neighbour who records me saying sorry really think he is losing it with our new neighbour and all I can do is smile because he now knows how I feel everytime he had a party or disrespected me

Reactions: 2
My biggest neighbour problem is the amount of cats there is in my small close. I love cats I really do but my close has 16 houses to it and there’s at least 10 cats. All of which insist on shitting in my garden 😂 (front and back). We’re not the only house that doesn’t have a cat, there’s actually more houses that don’t than do. But it’s only ours they tit on 😑
people have suggested elsewhere in this thread putting stuff with citrus around as they hate it so won't go near it, there is also something else but I cannot remember what

Reactions: 1
people have suggested elsewhere in this thread putting stuff with citrus around as they hate it so won't go near it, there is also something else but I cannot remember what
Oblast oil, soak used tea bags in it and dot them about them

Oblast oil, soak used tea bags in it and dot them about them
Ooo I’ll have to have a look back at suggestions! My friend told me to get my partner to wee and sprinkle it around but I’m sure she was taking the mick 😂

Neigh our let’s their dog wee in my front garden and it’s killing it, there is burnt patches in the grass. They actually say “good boy” when it does it 🙄

• Wow
We have a neighbour who plays loud music most nights now. Its not late, (7-9pm) but I want yo hear my tv and nit some constant thud.

Please don't use chilli power. It could cause a significant amount of pain and potentially injury to cats and other wildlife.
I wasn’t aware of that, I thought it just made them sneeze. I have put chilli powder down in the past on the pavements outside my house as irresponsible dog owner were leaving dog dirt behind. It did stop the problem. I’ll use a more animal friendly method next time.

Yours and my story as so similar I at first thought (reading your first post) that you might be my neighbour taking the piss out of me. I have now started to fight fire with fire. I have covered the fence with trellis going higher than the two meters allowed by putting it on planters just away from the fence) and fake ivy roll and am growing real plants up it.

I have made some water features that are noisy by the fence and also have windchimes that I put up when in the garden.
Housing told me to just live my life and not worry about her, that's not easy when she is banging on the wall over every little thing.
She has called the police for a friend swearing, she has called the police saying I broke covid restrictions I hadn't, and police were satisfied I hadn't. The thing is she has a criminal record for assaulting a copper, she was banned from the local pub and she makes a point of letting me know she is violent and unreasonable when drinking she is always moving due to "problem neighbours" I think that those other neighbours fought back over her absolute ridiculousness and so she moved. So that's what I have to do. I'm a very quiet person, I don't play music or watch TV in my living room. I just sit quietly all day but now going to be like a normal person and have the radio on do my sewing ( she bangs on my wall when I do) She lives like a normal human being and makes noise but I'm not allowed to.

Its been hard as I have lived with this type of person and nothing you do to appease them will work, if you stop doing what you were doing that was annoying them, they will just find something else equally as stupid to get pissed off about.

So lets do this together. Lets live our lives and not give these idiots another moment of our time. xxx

I have logged everything with housing and am going to do the same with the police.
I was putting up screening on the higher trellis yesterday and noticed she has a ring doorbell pointing to the boundary fence, up the top near the back door her whole garden and the back gate would not be in any video its just point at our fence my patio is the other side

Why would you need that, anyone have any ideas? I was thinking maybe listening to my conversations as it cant see over the fence.

I feel I need to write or talk to the police about this lady as I feel stalked and unsafe. I don't want to seem stupid by informing the police but I'm not easily scared but something feels very off about her.

• Wow
Reactions: 5
Me and my husband just brought our first house and its on a new build estate. Due to covid etc there were delays on moving so it ended being like 30 houses sat empty for a while so when dates started being available to move, it felt like a holiday camp. Only way i could describe it 😂 we had holiday off work so moved in on tuesday and were only the 2nd house occupied until the following friday then we started seeing our neighbours.

We are in our late 20s and relived to see a couple similar age with a baby move next door. They have only said hi once to us but one day my husband was outside putting boxes as i was chucking them to him in the car to take to the tip when i heard him talking. Being nosey i peered out and got caught so came out.
These two ladies where talking about the area and said one said shes the mum to the guy next door. She said shes glad we arent a council house or chavvy and our house looks well kept so she doesnt have to worry for her son as that was her biggest concern of him moving to a place were you couldnt know who your neighbours were prior

Thought this was a weird comment to make to strangers considering she looked quite rough herself. We made our excuses and left and my husband made me laugh as hes not on to judge but he was like has she not seen their house. They have their bin bags and recycling piles up against their kitchen window inside (windows are nearly floor to ceiling height) yet we have had the bin men come twice (mix up on dates) and the builders have said to us if we need help removing large cardboard leave it out and they will take it.
Then we heard their true colours. One saturday i could hear her swearing blue murder outside to her other half who im guessing just brought a motorbike. She was holding her baby screaming i hope you f## get hit by a lorry and die and your son will never know his father. You f##in ### and so on.

next morning at 8am he decides to sit on his motorbike and just rev it constantly (im guessing to annoy her) and yep worked as she came out all swearing and started hitting him.
We didnt know what to do as was awkward. I can constantly hear her shouting and swearing through the walls during the day as i work from home. Yesterday i could hear her shouting fine dont f##ing eat then f##ing starve you little sh#t to who im assuming is her baby.
Like it made me uncomfortable and dont know what to do. Its not like her child is 6/7/8 etc it must only be a couple of months old as he doesnt walk yet. To hear her shouting oh stop f##ing crying or i give you something to cry about makes me uncomfortable but too scared to go over and be like hey you ok

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 28
I was putting up screening on the higher trellis yesterday and noticed she has a ring doorbell pointing to the boundary fence, up the top near the back door her whole garden and the back gate would not be in any video its just point at our fence my patio is the other side

Why would you need that, anyone have any ideas? I was thinking maybe listening to my conversations as it cant see over the fence.

I feel I need to write or talk to the police about this lady as I feel stalked and unsafe. I don't want to seem stupid by informing the police but I'm not easily scared but something feels very off about her.
The police wont do.anything as they are allowed to have them are you in scotland as you can get the ico involved my neighbour has one looking on my door weirdo he is and they cant do anything

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.