Odd Neighbours / Neighbour Problems

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My neighbours aren’t too bad. The old dude on one side doesn’t like our cat going in his garden, he’s never said anything to us but we’ve heard him shoeing him out of the garden before. I don’t mind, if he doesn’t want him in his garden then what ever it’s his garden. If he ever tried to hurt him though then we’d have problems. He just shouts at him currently🤣

I had a really unfortunate moment last week where I was standing at my bedroom window at night and my cat came through the window at the same time my neighbour a couple of doors down arrived home. I said to my cat “where have you been” and it must have echoed out the window or something because my neighbour looked right at me and it must have looked like I was referring to her when I wasn’t I was talking to my cat, so she probably thinks I’m a freak now🙈

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 67
Ours has kids who kick their football at our wooden fence. Hammering it. For hours.

One of them is also a little tit so whenever he's out the back you just hear them shouting how they're going to put in him to bed as punishment but they never actually do. It gets to the point where I'm tempted to go around and put him to bed myself after the 10th time of hearing the threat (literally 10th time as well. No exaggeration for humours effect here! I've counted.)

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 25
Is it bought if so contact your local council for noise complaint.
yeh they own it. I’ve looked at the council website & it says they can’t do anything about noise from children. I’ve complained to the Conceirge here too and they don’t do anything. We’ve also written them polite letters and they’ve been ignored.

• Wow
Reactions: 1
My neighbour across the road has put up a motion sensor spot light right above their front door which shines right into my bedroom 🤬who does that 🤔when there's a bleeping lamppost right outside their gate!

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
My neighbour across the road has put up a motion sensor spot light right above their front door which shines right into my bedroom 🤬who does that 🤔when there's a bleeping lamppost right outside their gate!
They don't have a night vision camera yet so need the light for their videos.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Ours has kids who kick their football at our wooden fence. Hammering it. For hours.
I've got 2 of those next door to me. Irritating little shits. They kicked a hole in my fence as a result (plus the fact they used to climb and sit on top of it to look into my house)...The parents are awful too, the dad is mega loud performance parent, can't speak or laugh at anything less than max volume. I can hear him when he's out in the garden over the TV with the windows closed! And the mum is a hateful witch who bad-mouthed me to half the street when I told her kids off about sitting on the fence (above).

We've also got other neighbours who are drug dealing scumbags who have a variety of uninsured/ unroadworthy vehicles, and during lockdown had at least 10 people living in their house (normal sized semi).

I can't wait to move!

• Wow
Reactions: 16
They don't have a night vision camera yet so need the light for their videos.
Ooh their a right bunch 😫 we call them "the clampetts" you know the kind that never worked a day in their life but have 3 or 4 cars outside the house!

Reactions: 12
I live in an upstairs flat and downstairs is a single guy in his 20’s. He smokes weed 24/7 in the winter it was indoors and the smell seems to get to my flat through the kitchen some how. Kinda got used to it. But now it’s summer he smokes it out the back which should be better. But my bathroom and bedroom are that way and if the windows are open i may aswel be smoking it myself! He’s also very strange, constant humming and random outbursts of anger. Wakes me up at all times and has friends over all hours very loud. I’m all for having fun but be respectful to! He uses his back door more than the front and his front door key was left in the door on the outside for 5 weeks before he realised.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
We have a couple who have 6 cars for 2 of them. They take up all the parking spaces and it pisses me off. Besides that they're okay. The shits behind us smoke weed all the time and their kids throw stones at our fence. I walk in the house shouting 'little shits' but it doesnt stop them. I'd like to live in a field with no neighbours.

• Wow
Reactions: 18
I like to just be on nodding terms with my neighbours. I have friends & have no need for them to be my pals which I think is a recipe for disaster. Mine are always going outside peeping about if I’m out there & both sides so so nosy. I had trouble with one side effectively bullying me and my child but oddly since my partner moved in a few years ago they have been mercifully quiet touch wood. He looks like he takes no tit😂

Reactions: 14
This thread was made for me 🤣

So we currently live in a block of 6 (damn you lockdown) and I live in the middle. The person above me is a single man, 50’s and an utter odd ball. It started when we moved in. He tried to walk in the door after us to have a look at our flat. Then he would wait at the communal door for me, even if I took 5 mins to leave my car he would be stood there holding the door. Nowadays he stomps around at 5-6am and wakes everyone up, or if my son tantrums he stomps around. One day I got so pissed off I punched the roof and now there’s a massive hole there (my son was asleep dont worry). Oh and he likes to touch everyone’s rubbish. For example, I put a box in the cardboard bin and he took it back out, ripped it and put it back in. It was folded already so there was no need. He also likes to move the rubbish bags around in the main bin. It’s been 2 years of utter hell and borderline stalker behaviour, I am so ready to buy a house when the housing market opens here.

Then there’s the old twats across from me. I cannot park my car anywhere but the woman is at her window. One day she come out shouting at me. I had my son who was 6 months at the time in my arms. She told me to move my car (I wasn’t and never have been over anyone’s driveway) and if I didn’t her husband would smash my car. I politely told her I wasn’t doing anything wrong and that if her husband did hit my car, the police would be at her door. She then said her daughter would ‘throw me about’ to which I laughed and walked away. I did call the police though because I thought how dare she try and control where I park and then threaten me. Everything was fine for a while after that until recently. The police arrived at my door and my next door neighbours. Why? Because we were parked too close to her driveway (in her opinion). I’d like to add we were not and I have video proof of her husband driving in and out of the driveway perfectly fine. I asked the officer if it was a joke and they said what they were originally told was that one of us was parked right across her driveway. I mean honestly what a waste of police time. Nobody else in this street with a driveway has an issue, only those two old twats.

I cannot wait to buy our house and post cat tit through both their letterboxes.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 36
My neighbour runs a business from home which involves having a lot of vans on the driveway, street and various cars as his "employees" start their working day from there. Not transit vans, these are lorries. So annoying it's like living on an industrial park when they're knobbing about shouting "back her up"and "woah woah WOAH". I park my car on the edge of my driveway half hoping they'll hit it as I'll have their guts for garters then. I wouldn't mind but this company just turn over a lot of money and he should have a unit somewhere to keep them

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 12
I mean not too weird but we find them very weird.
we live in a terraced house and on the right to us lives a woman (I’d say 50/60) and I’m assuming her two adult children (30’s). our kitchen faces their kitchen window so if I’m doing the washing up etc I can see in and vice versa. whenever we go into the kitchen and they are in theirs they will run out of the kitchen and turn all the lights off. If they are in their garden and we go out into ours they will run into the house (when I say running I literally mean running).
One evening I went into my kitchen (it’s right next to the living room and was grabbing something from the fridge so didn’t turn the light on) in their window I could see the older woman sat on a stool staring into our house not even moving (she couldn’t see me as the light was out). The older woman is very abusive towards her daughter verbally and I have heard her from the bathroom window which makes me feel uncomfortable hearing what she says. The daughter also won’t ever look anyone in the eye, if I see her out on the street she has her head down not looking at anyone.
generally during the day I don’t hear much from them but if I’m up into the night say 2-3pm I constantly hear moving furniture and banging.
Theirs lots of other things I could say but when I say it to people I know they say that behaviour isn’t weird but I find it VERY strange.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 27
My neighbours cat comes into my garden and digs up around my flowers particularly the rose that my Nana bought me and it shits all over it - she’s dead now and it’s very special to me. They also came round to my house to shout at me when same cat appeared in my garden only to have my dog chase it which apparently according to them, he shouldn’t have done. So, YOUR cat comes into MY garden, shits all over, digs up my flowers, gets its comeuppance when my dog scares it (the same dog whose tit I actually pick up) and YOU come round to scream at me?! No, love - I shouldn’t have to just accept that you and your feral cat think it’s perfectly acceptable to do that. I felt like throwing bags of dog tit over her wall.

• Sad
Reactions: 22
My neighbour runs a business from home which involves having a lot of vans on the driveway, street and various cars as his "employees" start their working day from there. Not transit vans, these are lorries. So annoying it's like living on an industrial park when they're knobbing about shouting "back her up"and "woah woah WOAH". I park my car on the edge of my driveway half hoping they'll hit it as I'll have their guts for garters then. I wouldn't mind but this company just turn over a lot of money and he should have a unit somewhere to keep them
It makes me cringe sometimes when I see people doing that “woah back it up!!” thing because some are so over the top with it! 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 6
OMG I LOVE that there is a thread for this my next door neighbours are bleeping insane!

Last year we noticed (what we thought was) a baby mouse running under our shed. Cute we thought. We’d just watched The Green Mile. We called it Mr Jingles. We guessed one of our 2 cats would get it, otherwise it would go back to the field at the end of our street where it presumably came from. We didn’t keep anything at all that it could eat in our garden, so Google said it will leave. Great.
Fast forward to a few weeks later, and no that is definitely not a mouse anymore, that’s a rat. And hang on a minute, that’s it’s Mum. And Dad. And brothers 😳. And they’re running between ours and next doors garden! At the end of their garden was a little rockery with a standard Buddha on top of it that the rats were nesting in, I kept seeing them go between our garden and theirs, right into that rockery. Then I noticed a water bowl next to it, and they were still putting birdseed out despite my husband going mentioning that they should remove it as the rats will be eating it. I was really wound up as my son had JUST started walking and I didn’t feel comfortable with him going in the garden walking because by this point the rats were bleeping MASSIVE and would even venture to our closed back door to see if there were any scraps of food.
Anyway off my husband went again to mention they needed to take their bird seed down, but this time he got the lady not her husband, and she told him in no uncertain terms that she wouldn’t be removing anything, that they were friendly and she loved them and they were perfectly safe. When he told her they carry diseases this absolute nutter told him that that is a conspiracy, that the plague wasn’t caused by rats but was man made. While shocked, we laughed it off and decided they were mad but we’d put poison down instead, and rid of them that way.
The clever little bastards figured out that we’d put poison under the shed, stopped going under there and instead just started chilling on our grass. We were thinking that our cats were absolutely useless when one day, when carrying my son upstairs to change his nappy, there it was. A dead rat, the size of a bleeping rugby ball in the middle of my hall. My husband, really pissed off that a disease ridden animal was decomposing in our hallway went next door to tell them they had to remove the food NOW, that they were putting our child at risk and we’d had enough. And on she went again on a rant that they were fine, our cats were murderers and theyd killed her rats. He came home, put the dead vermin in a plastic bag, knocked on her door and chucked it in her hallway and said there’s your rat!
Poison got the cunts in the end.

We still haven’t spoken to them 🙊

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 102
I’ve got a good few neighbours, our upstairs ones
Are ok, they have their moments. We share a back garden (classed as communal) last year played her face up cos my washin gets
On her nerves! I have to look at it not her and her washin that stays out for days! She reported me to our housin officer who was on my side and told me to humour her but sayin she can use the front garden all she wants as long as
I can keep
My washin our the back, she has never sat in the garden out the back And I’ve made the front garden really nice.
We have another neighbour over the road we call mr perv.... he is the biggest knob! Has a drive but parks on the road, stares out his kitchen window all day watchin, if any body is talkin he comes out n cleans part of his car or brings shoppin in (he takes days bringjn his shopping in on purpose so he can nose at us all) he parks so close to our boot knowin my husband uses a wheelchair so we need access to the boot! Nobody likes him. Not once did he clap for the nhs! All my other neighbours are lovely,
Maybe he is lonely, and doesn't know how to start a conversation.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I've got 2 of those next door to me. Irritating little shits. They kicked a hole in my fence as a result (plus the fact they used to climb and sit on top of it to look into my house)...The parents are awful too, the dad is mega loud performance parent, can't speak or laugh at anything less than max volume. I can hear him when he's out in the garden over the TV with the windows closed! And the mum is a hateful witch who bad-mouthed me to half the street when I told her kids off about sitting on the fence (above).

We've also got other neighbours who are drug dealing scumbags who have a variety of uninsured/ unroadworthy vehicles, and during lockdown had at least 10 people living in their house (normal sized semi).

I can't wait to move!
There's like 3 generations living there but it's the grandmothers house and the kids lived there for awhile but I don't think they do anymore as throughout lockdown I haven't them. I don't like to speak ill of kids cause it's not his fault it's the parents but my god was he an annoying little bastard. There'd be constant screaming from them all cause they were fighting. I don't mind kids playing and I really understand that parenting is hard but if you're going to say he's going to bed cause he's being naughty PUT HIM TO bleeping BED!!!

We have a similar one. They're not drug dealers but there's tons of kids in the house, I think they're all theirs I have no idea and it's always scruffy looking. The car looks like it's been robbed.

Reactions: 3
Our old ones were awful, who wants to hear "stay in that bath or I'll drown you" on Christmas day 🙈

I did report them to the council for the bin bags all over the front path outside the house.
Social were very much on thier case as well.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 13
Having read through, my neighbour's really arent that bad but certain things really piss me off. Next door to us (maisonette) moved in a couple years ago and she doesnt work. So shes home all day every day and blasts her drum and base music ridiculously loud. Shes had 2 anti social meetings with the council due to complaints (I didnt actually complain) but continues to do so. The worst thing is their living room is the other side to our bedroom. She also smokes weed, which doesnt bother me massively but she knows we all have small children so it would be nice if they waited until evening to smoke rather than 11am.
Opposite us is a lady who is so embarrassingly nosey. She wont talk to us because my dad said she shouldn't allow her dog to wee on my front garden (numerous problems with dogs) her excuse was that the dog was blind 🙄 she will hang out her window staring, no shame. My son has autism so has had some meltdowns in the street, she stands and stares.

Mostly the neighbours here are just ridiculously nosey, and you can hear them talking about you but they dont care. I'm being induced on saturday and I tit you not I'm putting my hospital bag in the car in the dark the night before because it's none of their business and I know theyll all be gossiping if they see me leave with bags.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.