Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Purrrrrrr

VIP Member
I live on a small close. we have an inset parking area but we all have to reverse in as the houses opposite are parked on the road and if we drive in we can't get out. Even reversing in is a nightmare if all the bays are full and everyone in the houses is home. putting the bays a little further back would be the perfect solution. Plenty of room to do that, but red tape... doesn't help that there is a silver birch hanging over two of the bays and the branches hang down so far they get caught in the car door. local council cut the tree every so often but not enough and stupid putting trees right where they hang over parked cars. also a little further back would have been much better.

I've tried everything except eucalyptus. They're even immune to my noise repellents now. think I'll give eucalyptus a go. It's horrific. She refuses to acknowledge its her cats and is like they have to go somewhere. Yes fucking litter boxes in your bastard house. I fell out with her last year about it, but ended up making up cos she is a nice lady really just blind to what my issue is.
I used to have cats but they didn’t leave our garden ever as they’d started life as house cats. They’d only crap in the litter tray. They did have a neighbour’s cat come and visit which was fine when he was a kitten but when he grew up he’d attack my two. I bought a super soaker to deter him.

Octopies

Chatty Member
Quietly boiling them though... 🤣

New builds have very thin walls. I’ve bought a few in my time and they are pretty awful as it goes, unless you’re detached. Give me an older house any day of the week. Far thicker walls and usually, well-built.
In contrast, my new build is quieter than my mums 1930s semi! It’s only a semi but has been designed so that the shared wall doesn’t mean our living rooms are backing on to each other’s etc. Basically the house next door is a mirror of mine so worst case scenario we might walk up the stairs at the same time and hear each other.

Although a massive caveat is that it’s a single person who lives next door so we’re very blessed in that ‘how much noise can one person alone make’ way...

Ahahha

Chatty Member
My neighbours expect the new one have all lost it at this point the one who has a camera on my door has called the police on me and done various other things is now been nice to me I mean super nice and all I can do is laugh. Karma that what it is called

rainbowlemon

VIP Member
Don’t get me started. Mine has grown ivy all over my fence. I want to replace my fences but literally no point while the ivy is running wild. Drives me crazy. Any suggestions on how I can get rid of this ivy? He has lived in the house since it was built & thinks he owns the road! I would in an ideal world like no neighbours 😂
You could pull it off, but it needs to be hacked away at the roots. My grandfather's house had ivy growing all over it from next door and he only sorted it out when he wanted to use us when placing a pipe.

Or have loud sex 😂
Time for payback. Fraiser in Bora Bora style.