Odd Neighbours / Neighbour Problems

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Has anyone lived next door to someone who is a little odd? I would love to hear stories to this effect or anything about dodgy neighbours!

I live in a rented barn conversion on a farm. The neighbour’s family used to own the farmhouse, the property that I live in (now owned by her sister who lives abroad) and the barn on the other side of me, which she lives in now. They have a horse in stables opposite our house. When we first moved in a couple of years ago, they would come through our garden gate and go across our patio with the horse in order to put him in the field behind. It didn’t matter what time of day this was. It annoyed us pretty quickly, especially when we would be eating our dinner only to suddenly hear a clattering of hooves. We started putting our wheelie bin in front of the gate as a gentle hint, but they would pay no regard and move it out of the way to come through. After a couple of months, we asked if it were possible for them to ask us whenever they wanted to come through, as we knew they had access to the field another way. Obviously this didn’t go down well. A couple of weeks later things were fine and they haven’t bothered us since.

Cut to today. I get a text from the neighbour that she “will be coming into the garden to trim the hedge as it’s getting a bit overgrown”. For clarity, this hedge sits on the top of a wall. The wall is not adjacent to her house, it’s on the other side. It was now only slightly above the wall, but it obviously had bothered her. I texted her back to say, “only do it if you would like to, I can probably do it on the weekend”. I then get a phone call basically saying she’s going to do it today, so I said OK and let her do it as I figured it would be easier. We had a chat whilst she was cutting the hedge back and once she was done I said thank you and that I felt a little bad that she had done it. She smiled at me and said “well if you feel that bad about it, you could always get me a bottle”. I thought that this was a little cheeky considering I had never asked her to do anything in the first place, but for the sake of neighbourly relations, went in the house and grabbed the only unopened bottle I could bear to part with, which was a big bottle of Baileys. She looked me dead in the eyes and said, “oh no, not that, my drink is Gin - I really like ginger and rhubarb”. I laughed this comment off, but the more I think about it, the more it has annoyed me. Firstly, when someone offers you something, just accept what you are given. Secondly, I know we are all missing the pub but you can’t really expect me to buy you a thirty quid bottle of gin when you offered to do something I never asked you to do in the first place. 😂😂 She will be waiting on that bottle forever now! It’s a principle thing! Anyway, we ended our conversation nicely but it has irked me.

Please share your stories too!

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 71
My neighbour asked me to stop our cat from going into his garden. Am I supposed to be watching his every move and stop him from doing what cats do?
if you don’t like him in your garden, just shoo him away! something so small and trivial, but he’s a miserable hole and I’ve never liked him so this annoyed me even more. Bear in mind here that he is literally only wandering around sniffing things, just being a cat, not doing anything wrong.

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 58
Our neighbours peek out of their front door every time we go into our front garden to put something in the bin or take the bins out etc then they quietly close the door without saying anything. Trivial but it’s annoying!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 59
Don’t get me started. Mine has grown ivy all over my fence. I want to replace my fences but literally no point while the ivy is running wild. Drives me crazy. Any suggestions on how I can get rid of this ivy? He has lived in the house since it was built & thinks he owns the road! I would in an ideal world like no neighbours 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Our neighbour plays music in his garden so loud every night around 7pm I can’t hear my TV on the opposite side of the house - it’s like a club in my own home.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 25
@leoladyxo WTF!! How rude of her? I can't believe someone would be so cheeky, blows my mind. You're probably better off ignoring it as much as you can, give people an inch and they'll take a mile.

@Hairraiser I feel for you. Our neighbour goes chasing and shooing cats from his garden, it makes me annoyed as we'd love to get a cat but I'd be scared what he'd end up doing or saying about it. It's always men as well isn't it!

I think lockdown has everyones neighbour doing their heads in. Normally when going to work every day, I'd only see my neighbours a couple of times at the weekend, if the weather's nice. Seeing them every day is getting unbearable. I'd love a detached house with no neighbours in sight next time we move haha.

Reactions: 14
My neighbour asked me to stop our cat from going into his garden. Am I supposed to be watching his every move and stop him from doing what cats do?
if you don’t like him in your garden, just shoo him away! something so small and trivial, but he’s a miserable hole and I’ve never liked him so this annoyed me even more. Bear in mind here that he is literally only wandering around sniffing things, just being a cat, not doing anything wrong.
See I’m on the other side because I have neighbours cats coming into my garden constantly front and back, pooing in my boarders, and front drive. I shoo them away and buy cat repellent to try and keep them out but it’s constant, it’s why I don’t have animals as I can’t stand picking up crap lol
I haven’t mentioned it though as obviously outdoor cats so it’s not like they can police where they are going all the time 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 65
Omg where to start. It’s a long story. I’ll summarise in a few points. downstairs neighbours have a 40 year age difference between them. Never met them in person but turns out that they pretend to be adult babies. When I did my research. They’re so odd. Their cigarette smoke comes into our flat through bathroom and kitchen and stinks. They’ve stank out the communal corridor with their stale smoke ... imagine what it’s like inside the flat!!! Also get the pleasure of listening to them having sex at all hours. Extremely loud ridiculous noises. I dread to think.

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 83
I love that my cat shits and digs up the flower beds on my knobhead next doors garden 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 36
Omg where to start. It’s a long story. I’ll summarise in a few points. downstairs neighbours have a 40 year age difference between them. Never met them in person but turns out that they pretend to be adult babies. When I did my research. They’re so odd. Their cigarette smoke comes into our flat through bathroom and kitchen and stinks. They’ve stank out the communal corridor with their stale smoke ... imagine what it’s like inside the flat!!! Also get the pleasure of listening to them having sex at all hours. Extremely loud ridiculous noises. I dread to think.
You should tell them babies shouldn't smoke.

• Haha
Reactions: 92
I love that my cat shits and digs up the flower beds on my knobhead next doors garden 😂😂
I wish mine would do that, but he doesn’t he literally just meanders about and then runs off. My neighbour also blocks my drive, does D.I.Y at 7am on a Saturday, burns his garden waste in an incinerator in a built up area. Which is all ok, but my cat going into his garden isn’t. He’s a tit 🤣

• Wow
Reactions: 16
Never had a problem with neighbour's until my next door ones moved in 10 years ago. They are weird af. Their cats tit in our garden 24/7, fair enough they can't control that but they put repellents in their garden to stop them shitting in their own. Their kids are annoying and extended family are nutters.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Never had a problem with neighbour's until my next door ones moved in 10 years ago. They are weird af. Their cats tit in our garden 24/7, fair enough they can't control that but they put repellents in their garden to stop them shitting in their own. Their kids are annoying and extended family are nutters.
Are my next door neighbour? 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 9
My neighbours above me have 3 kids (I think). They seem to think it’s ok to let the kids constantly jump off the beds and onto the wooden floors, ride their bikes/scooters back and forth the apartment from 7am-8pm, and generally run riot 13 hours a day.
I’m at the end of my tether and close to tears most days. They’ve now started bouncing balls in whatever room is above my bedroom.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 25
Our neighbours across the road sunbath in their front garden, invite all their friends over and weve had them rolling around drunk out the front before! They also play Babmington out the front. Its all very odd, we tend to go out the back way if theyre out.

Oh and they wanted me to catsit once while they were away and I had to go and introduce myself to the cats a week before 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 24
My neighbours above me have 3 kids (I think). They seem to think it’s ok to let the kids constantly jump off the beds and onto the wooden floors, ride their bikes/scooters back and forth the apartment from 7am-8pm, and generally run riot 13 hours a day.
I’m at the end of my tether and close to tears most days. They’ve now started bouncing balls in whatever room is above my bedroom.
Is it bought if so contact your local council for noise complaint.

Reactions: 8
I’ve got a good few neighbours, our upstairs ones
Are ok, they have their moments. We share a back garden (classed as communal) last year played her face up cos my washin gets
On her nerves! I have to look at it not her and her washin that stays out for days! She reported me to our housin officer who was on my side and told me to humour her but sayin she can use the front garden all she wants as long as
I can keep
My washin our the back, she has never sat in the garden out the back And I’ve made the front garden really nice.
We have another neighbour over the road we call mr perv.... he is the biggest knob! Has a drive but parks on the road, stares out his kitchen window all day watchin, if any body is talkin he comes out n cleans part of his car or brings shoppin in (he takes days bringjn his shopping in on purpose so he can nose at us all) he parks so close to our boot knowin my husband uses a wheelchair so we need access to the boot! Nobody likes him. Not once did he clap for the nhs! All my other neighbours are lovely,

• Wow
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.