Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

DCICassieStuart

VIP Member
As a cat lover (honestly!) the best thing to stop them is a high powered water pistol thing. You're not hurting them, you're giving them a wee wash!. My ancient cat seems to stay in our back garden, but I've told my neighbours to shoo or splash him with water if he annoys them. Not hot water, obviously 😉
Please DON'T spray the cat, especially not with a 'high powered water pistol'. You're not 'giving them a wee wash'. You're traumatising the cat. Anyone who suggests such a thing can't possibly describe themselves as a 'cat lover'. :mad:

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 34
I need to share this with my good tattle friends. Today was unexpected but what a RESULT!

Housing came out. Saw how massive the courtyard is. Told next door she needs to share. Could fit 8 cars at least in here. She doesn’t own it. They own it and they want their tenants to all benefit. So us and them. Share and be fair. Share and be neighbourly. If they block the gate intentionally, it is considered ASB. It is a real win for us. They are putting it in writing and hand delivering next week.
Other neighbours are pissed they might get kicked out because they are council tenants but know it is all because of this neighbour’s petty fault. She was happy for them to park 2-3 cars in there but kicked up a fuss over us for 3 days!!! They know about the first argument and have said it is a result for us but they are worried about themselves. Normally I would care but they've blanked me since too.

I wish I could hear how angry next door is right now because I called her bluff and took action. I won't let this woman try to bully me into where I can and cannot park my car when it is nothing to do with her. I'm sure this won't be the end of it for her but who cares. I'm popping open a bottle tonight

• Heart
Reactions: 34

Countrybumpkingirl

Chatty Member
Well today I discovered one of my neighbours is a total arsehole and stole one of my parcels. I ordered new team kit for sport, so personal for that team and with my details on it and hadn't realised it had been sent. My other neighbour has one of those doorbells with a camera and you can see the parcel being left and a few hours later, the person leaning down taking my stuff and walking off. They then walk back past 20 mins later with nothing. So they have seen that it can't be sold on and thrown it in to the communal bins. Unfortunately since this happened the bins were emptied meaning I can't even get it back! Fair amount of money lost. Bad luck mate you are on camera and police are coming round

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 32

Elisha97

Chatty Member
Ours are all mildly annoying. To the left plays ABBA at 6am on a Sunday morning at top volume and their cats shit all day every day in our garden. Next but one to them is a family of teenage boys that just leave their bins blown over on the floor all the time and their 8 cars taking up all the parking. To the right they have a teenage girl that barks like a man so you can hear her at all hours. She also has all her equally odd friends round but on the front garden looking directly into our lounge and they all do weird dances. They also keep saying they don’t want us to put a drive at the front but then always look out the window and as soon as I drive away for 5 minutes, they move a car to be in the spot I just left or take up two spaces because they park like stevie fucking wonder. Next but one is a couple that bang at all hours, park in our parking spot and let their grandson scream and scream. Next to that there’s some cunting bastard that works for Yorkshire water and has a giant van he refuses to park on his giant drive- instead he parks on the street so lorry’s always get stuck and god forbid anyone needs an ambulance because he wants his huge drive to remain empty. He always leaves his dog outside and leaves it barking and howling for hours, usually 3am. Another neighbour tells you off for driving down the street faster then 5mph. Another one across the road always has his van alarm go off but just ignores it, again usually early hours of the morning as it is faulty. Across the road always has 5000 people round, even during lockdown- they’d slag you off for not clapping for the NHS but they also provide for the Nhs by giving everyone covid by ignoring rules. Some of the neighbours kids have wandered into our garden as well for some reason which I thought was pretty rude.

All in all, my neighbours are all minor dickheads

• Haha
  • Wow

Thelife&times

Chatty Member
I have to be careful not to offend here......😣
My old next door neighbours belonged to let’s say, ‘a religious following.’ No problems there-I’m an atheist and very much an ‘each to their own,’ sort of person.
They started by putting religious paraphernalia through the door, which I politely read, then recycled.
Then when seeing them on the street, they were inviting me to meetings, saying they would knock on for me at X’o clock to take me, which again I politely declined.
It was then that things got nasty. Banging on the walls at all hours, watching me out of the windows when leaving/returning from work, damage to my letter box that was witnessed by another neighbour.
I went around to chat and say basically that we were fine before, so let’s go back to that.
To my absolute shock they called the police and said that I had threatened them!!!! I explained to the police from start to finish what had happened and they denied everything calling me a racist and that I had a problem with their religious beliefs 😭
A criminal record and the stain of being classed as a racist would cost me my job so I had to move.
It was the best decision though as I now live next to a lovely, like-minded couple 👍

• Wow
  • Sad

wotdidijustwatch

VIP Member
Nicely told the kids to not run down my driveway and out my front garden as a cut through from their street on to the main road...we are the end house.
Gets a knock on my door from the dad of two of them telling me off for telling his kids want to do.
Sorry to say i lost it....i asked him when he planned on paying my mortgage because until he does i can and will tell his kids to move off MY driveway, that its his job to teach his kid right from wrong not mine and to get the fuck off my doorstep as he was making the front of my house look untidy and grow some fucking brain cells..... Yes ok so my last comment was uncalled for but i've had enough.
Had enough of these lot using our drive as a playground. We are nice when we tell them to move off, never raise our voices or get nasty to the kids, no need for that but that dad got on my last nerve. But i guess some kids have never been told no by an adult before so therefore go crying off to their parents when someone does tell them. Haha just wait until you're working and your boss gives you an ear bashing, you'll have a melt down!
Raised with zero respect, i fear for their futures.

We are getting driveway gates very soon so it will stop all this shit.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 31

Sam Wood

Chatty Member
I love this thread!
My grandma is a little old woman in her mid 70s, rather large lady and she’s not scared to speak her mind, she lives on a row of terraced houses. She once had a spat with someone down the road Over something and nothing and her teenage daughter called my grandma saggy tits. When she was telling me the story her actual words were “so I threw my tits over my shoulder and got on with my day” and it bloody cracks me up.
all the family have her saved as grandma saggy tits now and it’s been years. All the street refer to her as saggy tits too 🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 31

TheRoyalHousekeeper

So please tell me if this is weird or I’m being OTT -

my partner went to bed early last night but I stayed up to watch a show I was waiting for. It was approx 9.50pm, I was in my pj’s, no bra, pretty disheveled looking.

we live in a town house and there’s two entrances - 9.50 pm and there’s a loud couple of knocks from the entrance to the hallway. We never have anyone knock so I was a bit shocked, tried to wake my partner up to see who it was but he was dead to the world. I ignored it and decided I’ll just go to bed. Went to the lounge to turn the tv off and saw our neighbour had moved to the the front of the house now lurking about looking up to our windows. I thought wtf, wondering what the hell he wants at 10pm on a Sunday, thought I’ll let the dog out for a wee then go to bed. Also I was looking awful and didn’t fancy putting a bra on. Then I heard my dog downstairs whining and the front door so obviously he had made his way through our front gate to our front door. THEN I heard our front door open!! Our garden is at the front of the house so I hadnt locked the door yet to go to bed (plus we life in a safe area).
The front door then closed again and I thought WHAT THE HELL. I threw on a hoody and leggings as quick as I could and went down to the front door. When I got there he was on the front patio talking to another neighbour who was walking her dog (I can only imagine she asked him what he was doing as she knows it’s not his house)
As I opened the door I heard him say something about noise to our other neighbour. (It was just me up watching the Kardashian’s so there was no noise). I opened the front door and said ‘erm are you ok’ (not in my friendliest tone)
He says ‘ohh erm yes..... I’m a very nosey neighbour ...... and I just noticed that your car window on the right is down a little.... and what worries me even more is your front door isn’t locked....’ I said the front door isn’t locked because I hadn’t gone to bed yet and that’s my partners car, I’ll see if he wants to sort it. Then he went on to comment on my dog and how lovely he was. It was 10pm on a Sunday, he hadnt commented on the time and his needing to be there was not urgent enough to knock on both doors then try to let himself in!! He was lingering on my front patio for ages and his words were drawn out and slow - I’m pretty sure he was drunk.
But why would anyone try and open someone’s front door!! The door wasn’t open, it was just unlocked. All the lights were off in the house so it would have looked from the outside that everyone was in bed so why on earth did he try and open my front door!!
He seemed creepy already but now I never want to see him again.

• Wow
Reactions: 29

Norfolking Good

VIP Member
We’re now moving house because the retired couple next to us just do DIY all the time. This whole week they’ve knocked down their pond using lump hammers and are now rebuilding it and cutting bricks with a circular saw.
It just never ends and when my husband asked for a weekend where we could actually sit in the garden he came over all guns blazing shouting he can do what he wants from 8-5, so basically suck it. We can’t reason with them and they loudly talk so if it not power tools it’s them gobbing off. We’ve not put a for sale sign out so hopefully they’ll only find out when the removal can turns up. I feel really sad like we’ve been drummed out of our own home but it’s been going on for 6 years and shows no sign of stopping.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 29

HannahF

Me and my husband just brought our first house and its on a new build estate. Due to covid etc there were delays on moving so it ended being like 30 houses sat empty for a while so when dates started being available to move, it felt like a holiday camp. Only way i could describe it 😂 we had holiday off work so moved in on tuesday and were only the 2nd house occupied until the following friday then we started seeing our neighbours.

We are in our late 20s and relived to see a couple similar age with a baby move next door. They have only said hi once to us but one day my husband was outside putting boxes as i was chucking them to him in the car to take to the tip when i heard him talking. Being nosey i peered out and got caught so came out.
These two ladies where talking about the area and said one said shes the mum to the guy next door. She said shes glad we arent a council house or chavvy and our house looks well kept so she doesnt have to worry for her son as that was her biggest concern of him moving to a place were you couldnt know who your neighbours were prior

Thought this was a weird comment to make to strangers considering she looked quite rough herself. We made our excuses and left and my husband made me laugh as hes not on to judge but he was like has she not seen their house. They have their bin bags and recycling piles up against their kitchen window inside (windows are nearly floor to ceiling height) yet we have had the bin men come twice (mix up on dates) and the builders have said to us if we need help removing large cardboard leave it out and they will take it.
Then we heard their true colours. One saturday i could hear her swearing blue murder outside to her other half who im guessing just brought a motorbike. She was holding her baby screaming i hope you f## get hit by a lorry and die and your son will never know his father. You f##in ### and so on.

next morning at 8am he decides to sit on his motorbike and just rev it constantly (im guessing to annoy her) and yep worked as she came out all swearing and started hitting him.
We didnt know what to do as was awkward. I can constantly hear her shouting and swearing through the walls during the day as i work from home. Yesterday i could hear her shouting fine dont f##ing eat then f##ing starve you little sh#t to who im assuming is her baby.
Like it made me uncomfortable and dont know what to do. Its not like her child is 6/7/8 etc it must only be a couple of months old as he doesnt walk yet. To hear her shouting oh stop f##ing crying or i give you something to cry about makes me uncomfortable but too scared to go over and be like hey you ok

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 28

Kofi Annan

People who think it is acceptable to make noise before 9am.

I'm sorry but no. No mowing, sawing, drilling, washing of cars, talking so loudly (so I can hear every detail of your conversation) to anybody.

Just shut the fuck up. And actually I'm not sorry.

• Haha
  • Heart
God some of these stories make me thankful for my ok neighbours! I live in a block of 6 flats on the middle floor so have neighbours below and above. Man downstairs complained at the start of lockdown to my partner about our 2 year old stomping and throwing toys about - I felt really bad as I can imagine how annoying it would be and we have wooden floors too but also equally hard to explain to a toddler to walk nicely and play quietly with toys 🥴 I put some extra rugs down and encouraged my son to play on those and I wrote them a nice letter apologising which he was grateful for.
I used to live below a family with woodwind floors and two little boys. I could hear them running around and the one boy started learning to play the trumpet (badly). They were just kids being kids and it's a reality of living in a flat. Never really bothered me, as they would be in bed not too long after dinner time.

The parents were obviously conscious of the fact that their boys ran around above me, and the (Italian) mom would often leave home-baked panettone, biscotti, and other delights at our door with a note thanking us for tolerating their "little elephants". I fondly think back to them being one of the best neighbours we actually had!

• Heart

Phoenix Lazarus

VIP Member
I had the letter below from near neighbours who are sometimes noisy a few days ago and it amused me. I've deleted identifying information.

• Haha
  • Heart

CandyPink99

I mean not too weird but we find them very weird.
we live in a terraced house and on the right to us lives a woman (I’d say 50/60) and I’m assuming her two adult children (30’s). our kitchen faces their kitchen window so if I’m doing the washing up etc I can see in and vice versa. whenever we go into the kitchen and they are in theirs they will run out of the kitchen and turn all the lights off. If they are in their garden and we go out into ours they will run into the house (when I say running I literally mean running).
One evening I went into my kitchen (it’s right next to the living room and was grabbing something from the fridge so didn’t turn the light on) in their window I could see the older woman sat on a stool staring into our house not even moving (she couldn’t see me as the light was out). The older woman is very abusive towards her daughter verbally and I have heard her from the bathroom window which makes me feel uncomfortable hearing what she says. The daughter also won’t ever look anyone in the eye, if I see her out on the street she has her head down not looking at anyone.
generally during the day I don’t hear much from them but if I’m up into the night say 2-3pm I constantly hear moving furniture and banging.
Theirs lots of other things I could say but when I say it to people I know they say that behaviour isn’t weird but I find it VERY strange.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 27

Blair-Waldorf

VIP Member
I live on a new build estate in quite a rough/run down area, and we’re sandwiched between two council estates (btw I’m not in any way shape or form looking down my nose, I grew up on a council estate)

Anyway there’s a fb group for the town and a couple of days ago some smack head who was always robbing cars from one of the estates next to ours died and someone posted in the group that she would be knocking at every house with a collection tin in his memory, and that a bonfire would be set up tonight and everyone is welcome to go for a few drinks on the field

I feel like I’m on shameless

• Haha
  • Wow

cheapwetham

My favourite odd neighbour was someone on our road who we could see from our upstairs windows... Sounds a bit like we are just being nosey but when someone has a Christmas tree lit up up all year round, and walks around stark naked aside from a santa hat with all their lights on... You kinda can't help noticing 😂

• Haha
  • Wow

omgucnt

VIP Member
I’ll never forget coming home one night at 12am and seeing that my neighbour had set up a bucket and a piece of cardboard and made a make shift toilet on the front drive for her 30 guests.
I almost laughed but then I was confronted with a man pulling his pants down and I saw his penis.
All because it was lockdown so she didn’t want them using her toilet in the house so she set up a bucket out the front...

Am I living in the Truman show?

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 26
We have a neighbour who was renovating last year over summer. We were (still are) WFH and couldn’t open windows/doors because of the noise disturbance. Neighbour was using power tools from morning to night, grinding metal apparently and his radio was on full blast playing the cheesiest love songs.

One Friday evening it was lovely and we’d just sat out in the garden with drinks when he started up his power tools. We heard other neighbours groaning too. My husband went round and knocked to ask if we could have a night off from the noise so everyone around could enjoy their gardens. The wife answered and said she’d told her husband to give it a break. Next thing we could hear them rowing in the garden but the work stopped, for months!

I think they got professionals in to finish the job because when the noise did start again it was for a day or so only.

• Haha
  • Heart

Facehugger

VIP Member
I know someone who's next door neighbour toddles out in the garden for his morning fag and cough.....then undoes the tap on his catheter bag and empties it down the drain underneath the kitchen window 🤢 not as bad as getting his whatnot out and actually piddling in the kitchen drain, but not what you want to smell when you're making your morning cuppa all the same 🤣

• Sick
  • Wow

birdiefly246

VIP Member
Ours has kids who kick their football at our wooden fence. Hammering it. For hours.

One of them is also a little shit so whenever he's out the back you just hear them shouting how they're going to put in him to bed as punishment but they never actually do. It gets to the point where I'm tempted to go around and put him to bed myself after the 10th time of hearing the threat (literally 10th time as well. No exaggeration for humours effect here! I've counted.)

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 25