Odd Neighbours / Neighbour Problems #3

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I agree with you somewhat. Hence why I said ignore the door when he knocks. If there's cctv up, if he tries anything it will be recorded. Sometimes you have to stand up for yourself and not live in fear in your own home of upsetting a potential nutter.

In that instance, if that's correct, everything will annoy him anyway. He will already be annoyed and see himself as the victim if the OP has asked him to move his car, and remove his stuff.

What do you suggest she does then? Just puts up with it? Genuine question.

Get evidence and play by the rules herself. I have someone who lives next door who is like this, tries to be your best friend takes the piss over and over and when you call a halt starts a vendetta against you. if I were to play them at their own game then they would have evidence of my wrongdoings. as it is, they complain and complain and complain about me to various organisations, housing, council, noise abatement police etc but nothing comes of it because there is no evidence from them about me, but plenty from me about them and I'm not the one who complains ( I have never instigated a complaint, I just give my evidence to those who write or visit me ) Now for the last half year, they have been deadly quiet and I think it's because they have been told by housing they are on thin ice now.

I was also married to a person like this and you never win, in their head, everything you do is done to annoy them on purpose, even breathing. they take and take and then act like your giving is their right. That is why you have to be cleverer than they are. my ex was very violent as well. Next door is also aggressive when they don't get their way but over-the-top friendly when she does. Only the OP knows what way she thinks her neighbour will be and can act accordingly.

Just gives me uneasy vibes when he is already making life harder just because she isn't as "giving" as she was.

Reactions: 2
I’ve let things lie for now and I’m ignoring his weird petty parking. I’ve got pictures of every time he’s blocked me in or parked awkwardly though just in case.

In a few weeks time I’m going to start having a friend over regularly- things are tough for her atm and I’ve offered my spare room for when she needs a break. So he’s going to get a taste of his own medicine soon enough because she’s going to be blocking one of his cars in (he has 3 cars so I’m sure he can manage).

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I have another update. Seems like I can’t have a drama free week with this dude.
So I’d told him this weekend that I needed my garage back in two weeks.

A few days later I bump into him and he said “oh the bike will be gone by the weekend” and I pause a second and say “and what about everything else” and he kind of waved me off and says “oh yeah yeah. All sorted by the weekend”. So I go about my day thinking how it felt like a bit of a weird exchange but if clarified what I’d meant by asking when everything would be gone.

A day later I bump into him and he said “so is this enough space for you?” I had a full moment of complete disbelief. I walk over to look and he’s cleared a square in the middle of the floor with a fair amount of stuff that isn’t mine along the walls. I say no. I want everything out and my key back and he goes “oh so you’re kicking me out?” This dude is unreal.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 15
I have another update. Seems like I can’t have a drama free week with this dude.
So I’d told him this weekend that I needed my garage back in two weeks.

A few days later I bump into him and he said “oh the bike will be gone by the weekend” and I pause a second and say “and what about everything else” and he kind of waved me off and says “oh yeah yeah. All sorted by the weekend”. So I go about my day thinking how it felt like a bit of a weird exchange but if clarified what I’d meant by asking when everything would be gone.

A day later I bump into him and he said “so is this enough space for you?” I had a full moment of complete disbelief. I walk over to look and he’s cleared a square in the middle of the floor with a fair amount of stuff that isn’t mine along the walls. I say no. I want everything out and my key back and he goes “oh so you’re kicking me out?” This dude is unreal.
Keep going @Sunflower91 Stand firm and he'll be out before you know it. Anything left at the deadline, move it out yourself and leave it on his doorstep.

Reactions: 10
‘Are you kicking me out?’
duck yes!’

Stand your ground and don’t let him wheedle his way back in again. He’s a massive pisstaker.

• Heart
My neighbour has such a noisy pressure washer that I’m wearing earplugs in the house. The vibrating background noise it has is awful. He always has to do something noisy on a weekend. It’s amazing how many noisy jobs he can find to do.

• Sad
Reactions: 5
My neighbour has such a noisy pressure washer that I’m wearing earplugs in the house. The vibrating background noise it has is awful. He always has to do something noisy on a weekend. It’s amazing how many noisy jobs he can find to do.
I sympathise with you. I always think electrical things for the garden should have a noise limit. Our neighbour on the other side of the road has a gardener that comes and leaf blows for hours on end with the most high pitched leaf blower I’ve ever heard. It’s painful. He often comes even in gale force winds and blows the leaves around all day long. I’d kind of get it if he was actually vacuuming them up but just blows from one place to another for 6 hours. The owners work from home so are able to see/hear what he’s doing as well as I can. I don’t know how they can stand it being closer plus realise they’re paying him for absolutely nothing as by the time he’s half way through everything has blown around again. Like you, you can hear it in our house and we’re not even THAT close. I dream of living in the middle of nowhere!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Not terrible neighbours by any stretch, I don’t even actually know who it was but I was treated to a lengthy (I think pissed) near monologue about how we should look for aliens *inside* the earth while I was outside having my bedtime cig last night. I could hear the other person mumbling but I couldn’t tell what they were saying.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Solidarity.

I live in a converted Victorian Classical building, 4 floors (inc) basement - high ceilings and wooden floors. Each floor a single, large self contained flat.I live on the topfloor with no one above me thank Oden. The middle floor has recently been occupied by a family of 3, Mum, Dad and 3 year old. They live upside down - barely movement in the day and then all at night. So, the kid starts running around 10.30pm-12am. It’s heavy footed and vibrates and prevents me from going to sleep or wakes me up - twice last night when I was on the cusp of nodding off. Also the kitchen cupboard doors start going - directly beneath my bedroom (a design floor and not entirely their fault but still a little awareness?)

We have spoken to them - they say they will get her down earlier (should your neighbours saying it’s intrusive prompt that - why is your kid up at that time and running around that late - but yes please)? They are soft as shoite I would say- the kid is a deity and runs the roost. But equally is never taken out to burn off any energy. Days go by and they don’t leave the flat. There are many oddities.She crys like an actual baby - not a 3 year old. Maybe there are other issues. Don’t care, not my problem except where it is.

Anyway, if it persists can I contact the letting agent and say look this is a problem? Antisocial and impacting on my sleep er etc? Or no.

Ground floor people, beneath these idiots, also irritated.

• Wow
  • Heart
Hoping someone can help.

Neighbour is selling their house. There’s a bit of open garden between our terraced houses, of which 95% is owned by myself. Heard neighbour on security camera saying “I don’t think next door would mind. They’re in the building trade” and then saw someone walk up the boundary. They were on about fitting two cars on a single space and I’m wondering if he’s basically told them you can pull my land up and I won’t mind?

Anyway, before a house sale goes through would a prospective buyer see a red line drawing? Because I dont trust my neighbour to be telling the truth and I wouldn’t want a new neighbour thinking they own something when they don’t.

Reactions: 6
Hoping someone can help.

Neighbour is selling their house. There’s a bit of open garden between our terraced houses, of which 95% is owned by myself. Heard neighbour on security camera saying “I don’t think next door would mind. They’re in the building trade” and then saw someone walk up the boundary. They were on about fitting two cars on a single space and I’m wondering if he’s basically told them you can pull my land up and I won’t mind?

Anyway, before a house sale goes through would a prospective buyer see a red line drawing? Because I dont trust my neighbour to be telling the truth and I wouldn’t want a new neighbour thinking they own something when they don’t.
Could you mark the boundary now? It doesn’t have to be an expensive fence - just a few posts and wire will show any perspective buyers whose land it is. I doubt your neighbours would argue with you because they won’t be able to sell their house with an unresolved boundary dispute.

Could you mark the boundary now? It doesn’t have to be an expensive fence - just a few posts and wire will show any perspective buyers whose land it is. I doubt your neighbours would argue with you because they won’t be able to sell their house with an unresolved boundary dispute.
yeah it needs sorting before a sale rather than after.

I have thought about that. The boundary is where my house begins and theirs ends. So if they were to try and steal some land it would literally be in front of my property.

My partner thinks I’m thinking too much into it - which I may be - and doesn’t want me to put anything down between the houses. I don’t really want to do that either really.

It’s literally just a patch of bushes about 3m x 1m wide but it’s between their drive and my path.

That said, it’s clear as day on a red line boundary drawing so IF it did kick off they wouldn’t have a leg to stand on.

Urgh. I hate the way I think.

I have thought about that. The boundary is where my house begins and theirs ends. So if they were to try and steal some land it would literally be in front of my property.

My partner thinks I’m thinking too much into it - which I may be - and doesn’t want me to put anything down between the houses. I don’t really want to do that either really.

It’s literally just a patch of bushes about 3m x 1m wide but it’s between their drive and my path.

That said, it’s clear as day on a red line boundary drawing so IF it did kick off they wouldn’t have a leg to stand on.

Time to stake your claim.
Get out there and trim your bushes!
Make it clear that you are maintaining it.

I don’t know how far along the sale is or if this person is just viewing at the moment but a lot of people talk a big talk on viewings. We had people view ours and they were going to do this and that and change this, rip this out , knock that down and then never heard from them again. Also sales fall through so I wouldn’t put too much thought into it at this point. Like others said just make it obvious it’s yours by looking after it. Stick some solar lights on it

As another poster said, trim the bushes. Also put a couple of pots on the land with some spring bulbs in so that they know you are aware it’s yours.

Reactions: 9
When is too late to drill and bang and generally be a noisy fucker :ROFLMAO:
Our neighbours who moved in fairly recently are currently hammering the duck out of our party wall. I'm minded to say that 8.15 on a weeknight is bordering on cheeky but then I have a kid and am a bit precious.

• Wow
When is too late to drill and bang and generally be a noisy fucker :ROFLMAO:
Our neighbours who moved in fairly recently are currently hammering the duck out of our party wall. I'm minded to say that 8.15 on a weeknight is bordering on cheeky but then I have a kid and am a bit precious.
I know you’re not supposed to start working until 8am on week days but I’ve no idea what time they should finish working.

I know you’re not supposed to start working until 8am on week days but I’ve no idea what time they should finish working.
Yeah I don't actually think there's any hard rules or anything, certainly not with my local council. I was just ranting really as it was bloody loud and annoying and seemingly never ending. But they did stop just before 9 and my 4 year old miraculously didn't wake. I just think it's a bit out of order to do it on the shared wall when people are trying to enjoy their evening :ROFLMAO: They've been there all day as well and not made a sound, then they suddenly start up at like 7pm 😆