Odd Neighbours / Neighbour Problems #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Am having this problem as well but it's been for 12 YEARS now

So the house two down from me has 2 kids an the girl just screamed every day morning to night, that stupid crying scream but not actually crying, it stopped a few years ago an I thought thank god

now the next door neighbour has 2 kids, an they do the same, morning to night it's this screaming cry nonsense, ones 3 an the others 2, like how do you even tell them, I don't have kids, not sure I want them but I sure as hell don't want to listen to others, how do you even mention it to them that you are sick of it, even with the windows an doors closed I can still hear it an with the heat an having to open windows it's just worse now, they just make noise for the sake of it but it's that screeching kind

• Sad
Reactions: 8

So the house two down from me has 2 kids an the girl just screamed every day morning to night, that stupid crying scream but not actually crying, it stopped a few years ago an I thought thank god

now the next door neighbour has 2 kids, an they do the same, morning to night it's this screaming cry nonsense, ones 3 an the others 2, like how do you even tell them, I don't have kids, not sure I want them but I sure as hell don't want to listen to others, how do you even mention it to them that you are sick of it, even with the windows an doors closed I can still hear it an with the heat an having to open windows it's just worse now, they just make noise for the sake of it but it's that screeching kind
They are 2 and 3 years old. That’s what kids do at that age. Even if the parents ask 100 times they will always have meltdowns for no reason as they have no idea how loud or annoying they are being.

• Sad
Reactions: 10
They are 2 and 3 years old. That’s what kids do at that age. Even if the parents ask 100 times they will always have meltdowns for no reason as they have no idea how loud or annoying they are being.
No this is the parents fault, the kids have learned that if they do it then they get what they want, I've heard argument after argument with the grandparents telling them to stop this crap because they are only teaching the kids that all they need to do is whine an they win, it's honestly a pain in the ass listening to it every day, I have 30+ second cousins in the family an a young neice all between weeks old an a few years old an not one of them do this morning to night 7 days a week

Reactions: 11
See I’m the total opposite, I am a single mum of 2 girls (5 & 7) so you can imagine the shrieking and squealing at times. I am sooo conscious of my neighbours that I am mortified even though they also have a little girl who’s 3 and not particularly quiet herself. I hate the thought of pissing my neighbours off and would be accepting if they came and aired any concerns, I would be embarrassed and guilty but would appreciate their feedback (there may not be an issue and that’s probably why they haven’t said anything). I HATE hearing my girls shrieking. I’m all for then having fun and being excited but turn the volune down! 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 14
See I’m the total opposite, I am a single mum of 2 girls (5 & 7) so you can imagine the shrieking and squealing at times. I am sooo conscious of my neighbours that I am mortified even though they also have a little girl who’s 3 and not particularly quiet herself. I hate the thought of pissing my neighbours off and would be accepting if they came and aired any concerns, I would be embarrassed and guilty but would appreciate their feedback (there may not be an issue and that’s probably why they haven’t said anything). I HATE hearing my girls shrieking. I’m all for then having fun and being excited but turn the volune down! 😂
I’m the same! I have a 4 year old but my neighbours opposite us and next to us (both sides) don’t have kids so when she’s in the garden i get worried sometimes that she is upsetting neighbours even though she isn’t even loud and my neighbours don’t even go in their garden 😅

Tbh I hate feeling like that at times, I would love to win the lottery and move to the country side with no neighbours. No need to worry about noise and plenty of room for my kids run about!

Reactions: 5
I don't mind the occasional fun screech, kids will do that, but it's the fact she's now basically taught them that if they do it then they get what they want because she gives them whatever to shut them up, back when I was a kid I'd have been pulled inside an put to bed if I acted like that but she's the type that wants to be a best friend an not a mum

None of the kids including my neice are ever allowed to do it, if they start to get loud they get a warning an they calm down but none of us would put up with allowing the whineing screeching crap where its more a noise since they aren't even crying or upset

Reactions: 4
I’ve had neighbour issues since lockdown. My next door neighbour decided to become bum chums with the people who live at the bottom of my garden. Both women are loud mouths and like to shout to on another no matter the time. The kid down the bottom is 10 and shouts and screams his head off all day long the parents don’t give a tit. I have 4 kids of my own and always had consideration of other people but my neighbours don’t care. I’ve been living in hell the last 2 years I have agoraphobia and my garden was the only place I felt safe outside but not anymore. my next door neighbour has 1 kid who’s 9, down the bottom 2 kids 10 & 4 they would constantly come into my garden (the back garden) without permission the noise is so bad but I can’t do anything about it as it’s considered “playing” I can’t even leave my windows open at night coz the noise starts at 7am but as far as the neighbours are concerned it’s me who has the problem and they aren’t doing anything wrong. They both got crappy when I put a cctv camera in my garden when it’s doesn’t even look into their properties but both invade my privacy by looking into my house all the time. I suffer with mental health issues and too much noise is unsettling for me.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
I'm sick of my neighbours smoking weed and it stinking my whole house out, pisses me off even more that my sons room reeks of it too 😭

• Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 7
I'm sick of my neighbours smoking weed and it stinking my whole house out, pisses me off even more that my sons room reeks of it too 😭
This would drive me insane. The house next door to me is being renovated and some builders they hired were smoking spliffs in the room they were meant to be plastering and it stunk my bathroom out! I think people who smoke it regularly don't realise just how bad it stinks and how disgusting the smell is. So rude and inconsiderate

Reactions: 15
No this is the parents fault, the kids have learned that if they do it then they get what they want, I've heard argument after argument with the grandparents telling them to stop this crap because they are only teaching the kids that all they need to do is whine an they win, it's honestly a pain in the ass listening to it every day, I have 30+ second cousins in the family an a young neice all between weeks old an a few years old an not one of them do this morning to night 7 days a week
I agree. Our neighbours have 2 children who scream and whine constantly to get their own way. Sitting in the garden in the summer becomes impossible due to the noise and constant screaming. Ironically the same neighbours moaned when we told them in advance we would be having a new driveway installed 🤣

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 8
This would drive me insane. The house next door to me is being renovated and some builders they hired were smoking spliffs in the room they were meant to be plastering and it stunk my bathroom out! I think people who smoke it regularly don't realise just how bad it stinks and how disgusting the smell is. So rude and inconsiderate
It is driving me insane tbh, what makes me laugh is they stand outside so obviously don't want their own house stinking of it but yet it's ok mine does 😡 im going to give it a couple of weeks snd say something as I'm not keeping my windows closed this weather! Fuckers

• Sad
Reactions: 4
It is driving me insane tbh, what makes me laugh is they stand outside so obviously don't want their own house stinking of it but yet it's ok mine does 😡 im going to give it a couple of weeks snd say something as I'm not keeping my windows closed this weather! Fuckers
Get some incense or joss sticks to light

Reactions: 1
Get some incense or joss sticks to light
Ooh I've tried everything, plug ins, scented candles, wax burner and I'm always going around with the air freshener so much I give myself a headache haha whatever skunk it is they are smoking is just so strong and weirdly smells stronger in the warm weather 🤔

HOW ANNOYING!!! Honestly, some parents are so selfish.
It's a tricky one. If you don't want to confront them then perhaps you could report them? That way it's anonymous

Surely the parents shouldn't be asking? They should be telling their children? There's a big difference. I know they are 2-3 years old but there needs to be some discipline.

Reactions: 6
Ooh I've tried everything, plug ins, scented candles, wax burner and I'm always going around with the air freshener so much I give myself a headache haha whatever skunk it is they are smoking is just so strong and weirdly smells stronger in the warm weather 🤔
I meant to hang out the window, to annoy them, invade their house. Stinky bonfire when they have a barbecue

• Haha
Reactions: 1
HOW ANNOYING!!! Honestly, some parents are so selfish.
It's a tricky one. If you don't want to confront them then perhaps you could report them? That way it's anonymous

Surely the parents shouldn't be asking? They should be telling their children? There's a big difference. I know they are 2-3 years old but there needs to be some discipline.
None of us as kids would ever have gotten away with acting like that an the kids in the family don't get away with it, my neice is a year an a half an will get pulled inside if she starts an then told she's going to bed if it continues, I get kids will have meltdowns but it's just everyday an with the weather getting hotter the windows an doors need to be kept open to cool the house down

None of us as kids would ever have gotten away with acting like that an the kids in the family don't get away with it, my neice is a year an a half an will get pulled inside if she starts an then told she's going to bed if it continues, I get kids will have meltdowns but it's just everyday an with the weather getting hotter the windows an doors need to be kept open to cool the house down
100% agree.
It seems there is no discipline or consequences for kids these days.

Reactions: 6
I actually feel comforted, and sad, that some of you are going through the same issues.

my issue is that before covid we never saw a soul, it was bliss, but now there’s a group of kids who just shout and mess around in front of the houses all the time - they’ve also set our cameras off by playing on our drive before when both cars aren’t there. We’ve had neighbour problems before when we lived in a much rougher area so I’m extra sensitive to this. I just wish they would piss off. I just want a quiet life lol no unruly kids on my door step. X

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I actually feel comforted, and sad, that some of you are going through the same issues.

my issue is that before covid we never saw a soul, it was bliss, but now there’s a group of kids who just shout and mess around in front of the houses all the time - they’ve also set our cameras off by playing on our drive before when both cars aren’t there. We’ve had neighbour problems before when we lived in a much rougher area so I’m extra sensitive to this. I just wish they would piss off. I just want a quiet life lol no unruly kids on my door step. X
Me too! I came home from a lovely weekend away to find the place destroyed in litter from children/teens out on the green. It all accumulates outside around 4 houses incl mine. Two have children and you would never see them picking up litter.

I arrived home on such a high and was immeadiately brought down. It was too late at night that I didnt want to go pick it up. Some other kind neighbour did pick it up today.

I'm lying in bed now with my window open and can hear a bunch of around 8 children and teens shouting and playing on the green. I actually dont mind this so much as at least it isnt right in front of the houses. I think 10pm is a decent cut off...after that they need to quieten down. So much for an early night!

Me too! I came home from a lovely weekend away to find the place destroyed in litter from children/teens out on the green. It all accumulates outside around 4 houses incl mine. Two have children and you would never see them picking up litter.

I arrived home on such a high and was immeadiately brought down. It was too late at night that I didnt want to go pick it up. Some other kind neighbour did pick it up today.

I'm lying in bed now with my window open and can hear a bunch of around 8 children and teens shouting and playing on the green. I actually dont mind this so much as at least it isnt right in front of the houses. I think 10pm is a decent cut off...after that they need to quieten down. So much for an early night!
I spoke too soon they are now outside my drive and the drive of my neighbours where some of the kids live!

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.