Odd Neighbours / Neighbour Problems #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm so paranoid when I leave for work early about shutting my car door. I have tried closing it gently but it doesn't close fully so I end up having to do it again. If only there was a quiet way to get into your car & drive away.
Oh I know people need to get up and go out at that time, but there are some people that really aren’t considerate at all…how can one person need to open and close the door more than once or twice?

Reactions: 2
I have new neighbors moved in but am used to an empty property for years so don't really know if this is my problem. They smoke constantly in their garden but right next to my house so my house stinks of cigarettes. They are so noisy anyway but now it's summer they are in the garden but they ( is this normal?) Fart, burp and make the most revolting hacking coughing noises and spit all over their garden. They play rave music quite loudly all day outside. They have a motorbike that obviously gets revved endlessly before they go anywhere. But I think the worse thing is the endless clearing of the throat noises that are so loud you can hear them all the time, like a wild animal dying.

• Sick
  • Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 17
I have new neighbors moved in but am used to an empty property for years so don't really know if this is my problem. They smoke constantly in their garden but right next to my house so my house stinks of cigarettes. They are so noisy anyway but now it's summer they are in the garden but they ( is this normal?) Fart, burp and make the most revolting hacking coughing noises and spit all over their garden. They play rave music quite loudly all day outside. They have a motorbike that obviously gets revved endlessly before they go anywhere. But I think the worse thing is the endless clearing of the throat noises that are so loud you can hear them all the time, like a wild animal dying.
No I agree that would drive me INSANE 🤢

Reactions: 8
Sadly its normal for some. Sometimes its a blessing we have tit weather most of the year

• Heart
Reactions: 7
No I agree that would drive me INSANE 🤢
It's such a quiet street too, no one really plays music, I wouldn't dream of playing anything so loud because I wouldn't want to disturb anyone's peace, it's so odd when people just move in and think only of themselves

• Sad
Reactions: 10
It's such a quiet street too, no one really plays music, I wouldn't dream of playing anything so loud because I wouldn't want to disturb anyone's peace, it's so odd when people just move in and think only of themselves
I totally feel you. I live in a cul de sac and the noise from a few gardens away can be heard clearly, so anyone behaving like an idiot will affect the whole street. See what the other neighbours think, I bet they're not impressed with the new people

Reactions: 3
This is going to come across petty, but 🤷🏼‍♀️
i have an outdoor tap on the side of my outbuilding that is opposite the back of my house. It comes out of the ground and I solve checked with the neighbour on my other side to confirm it was definitely my tap as he’s been there since year dot. The neighbour’s have a small shed that is attached to my outbuilding on the side where the tap is (We are a row of terraces) and they moved in a few months back. I’m not on a water meter, however, I think they have been using my outdoor tap to water their plants (they have quite a few and are growing something in one of those zip up green houses)
And I think the neighbour on the other side of them has been feeding the plants for them while they’ve been on holiday… so I think the neighbour 2 doors down has been using it as well!! I only know this as the tap is turned in the other direction I left it in. I’m out of the house 8.30- 5.30pm, so have no idea when it’s getting used 🙄 I told myself I’d wait until I saw them using it, but if they’re using it while I’m at work, how am I to know?! Am I being ridiculous?

Maybe if they didn’t smoke so much they wouldn’t have to constantly spit/clear their throats and make your life a misery having to listen to it!! Honestly cannot stand people. The utter selfishness and lack of self awareness is just infuriating.

Reactions: 5
This is going to come across petty, but 🤷🏼‍♀️
i have an outdoor tap on the side of my outbuilding that is opposite the back of my house. It comes out of the ground and I solve checked with the neighbour on my other side to confirm it was definitely my tap as he’s been there since year dot. The neighbour’s have a small shed that is attached to my outbuilding on the side where the tap is (We are a row of terraces) and they moved in a few months back. I’m not on a water meter, however, I think they have been using my outdoor tap to water their plants (they have quite a few and are growing something in one of those zip up green houses)
And I think the neighbour on the other side of them has been feeding the plants for them while they’ve been on holiday… so I think the neighbour 2 doors down has been using it as well!! I only know this as the tap is turned in the other direction I left it in. I’m out of the house 8.30- 5.30pm, so have no idea when it’s getting used 🙄 I told myself I’d wait until I saw them using it, but if they’re using it while I’m at work, how am I to know?! Am I being ridiculous?
Does it have it's own stopcock? If so , only turn it on when you need it . People used to always help themselves to our outside tap cos it was beside the drive .

I once caught workmen filling up massive buckets , at least the stoners only took a small amount for their bongs on their way to smoke in the bushes.

• Wow
I saw a very interesting thread on twitter about a family of 5 that had continuous complains from neighbours saying they were too noisy. The family insisted they were doing their best to keep the noise down. She wrote a 4 page letter explaining what they do to keep the noise down? he wrote one back basically saying no still noisy 🤣. She got loads of likes and retweets but I’m on the neighbours side😈. Noisy neighbours never realise they’re noisy!
If I find it I’ll share the link

Reactions: 6
Maybe if they didn’t smoke so much they wouldn’t have to constantly spit/clear their throats and make your life a misery having to listen to it!! Honestly cannot stand people. The utter selfishness and lack of self awareness is just infuriating.
Exactly! Honestly, if I had got to the point I sounded like that then it's time to cut down or quit, I've never heard anything like it.

• Sad
Reactions: 1
Well I am counting the weeks until we move and get away from our neighbours. It's generally been a bit quieter lately, sometimes eerily quiet. Even when the kids are at home there will be a burst of activity for an hour or two and then absolutely nothing for hours, no talking, playing, tv, music, nothing. I'd normally assume they are all asleep but it can be any time of the day. Anyway that's their business, I just find it weird.

The never ending procession of deliveries from online retailers is still going. God knows where it is all going. The pile of cardboard packaging in the front garden isn't going down. It's bin collection day today. A large wheely bin and three recycling bins don't seem to be enough so they put the overflow out in those thin white plastic sacks which naturally the foxes destroy during the night. Judging by the waste strewn all over the pavement and road this morning it's because they put food packaging in them. Anyway they sent the elder girl out to pick it up which she did after a fashion, well the stuff immediately outside their house and I went out and picked up the rubbish scattered in front of our house. No chance of Mum and especially Dad doing it of course. Mum does get the job of tearing up the cardboard for collection and I guess it's her that occasionally vacuums but otherwise they don't do anything themselves. Even on the couple of occasions that the lawn has been cut (other than the twice a year when it's done by the lettings agent's maintenance contractor) they send the eldest girl out to do it. Still as Mum told me when they first moved in, they were finding it difficult to adapt to life in the UK because back in India they had servants.

• Wow
I saw a very interesting thread on twitter about a family of 5 that had continuous complains from neighbours saying they were too noisy. The family insisted they were doing their best to keep the noise down. She wrote a 4 page letter explaining what they do to keep the noise down? he wrote one back basically saying no still noisy 🤣. She got loads of likes and retweets but I’m on the neighbours side😈. Noisy neighbours never realise they’re noisy!
If I find it I’ll share the link
was it this one?

Yeahhhhh!!! I couldn’t work out how to link it.
would love to know everyone’s opinions on it
I feel bad for her. She's probably making more noise than she realises, but as she says in the letter, it's regular suburban life noises. The neighbours sound awful imo.

I had a neighbour years ago that would attribute any dog barking to my dog. He was a bleeping weirdo, constantly leaving notes telling people how to behave. He wouldn't post them through the letterbox either, he'd stick them to the door. Everyone was glad to see the back of him, and thank the stars he was gone before lockdown happened! Those poor people he ended up near during that two years of staying at home.

Mine's an absolute weirdo after a glass of wine!
I went to bed the other night and she had her TV BLASTING out the film she was watching, like I could hear it word for word! I even knew she was watching the 2nd 365 days 😂 !!!

Anyway it soon got turned down to her then waking me up at 1.30am blasting out music on a Thursday!!!
Baring in mind both my and my partner are both at work early and his 16 year old son who lives with us was up for his exams!
I did bang on the wall cause it was just ridiculous and I'm also heavily preggers so I'm an angry bird 🤣

Anyway she then turned it off and pretended to ring someone and complain to them about us (it was obvs it was a fake phone call saying things loudly on purpose!) calling US nightmare neighbours and then called me Godzilla 😂😂 saying she can her my gob all afternoon and she has to go out to avoid hearing it - baring in mind I'm at work! 🤣
All this when she's drunk

This isn’t about my odd neighbour who tries to ruin my life, but all the inconsiderate ones out there who collectively are slowly driving me insane…

There’s one set of neighbours who have been cooking outside and sitting under patio heaters for weeks on end, despite it barely being summer…staying out until midnight laughing, singing and coughing. Then there seems to be a whole host of drunks going past at all hours at the moment…no idea why, we have no local pubs. Then there’s a little festival of boys racers revving their motorbikes at 1/2/3am. Then the neighbour who goes out at 5am in his bloody HGV that shouldn’t even be parked there, leaving his dog barking until 3pm. Followed by a steady stream of people leaving for work, who seem to need to close their car door 56 times before they rev away.

I just want a full nights sleep.
Solidarity with you. This is pretty much how we live. We’ve got one set of neighbours who sit out under a really badly built plastic gazebo all day, which comes right up against our wall. They smoke, shout, drink and have incredibly loud phone conversations all day. Then in the evening strike up the barbecue (previously posted about them being a fire hazard). We live across from a pub so get drunks going up and down all day, plus fights etc. then three nights a week live music which goes on til 1am.

Am like you - just craving a full nights sleep and not worrying about every single noise etc! Much empathy from me!!

My old neighbour did the hacking spit cough thing constantly too, it’s absolutely disgusting. We lived in an apartment complex and he was to our left a few floors up so we would always see him chain smoking. We would get woken up to it when he was having his morning smoke around 6am 🤢

• Sad
was it this one?

I feel sorry for this lady as she clearly doesn't feel comfortable in her own home anymore. The noises being made are normal family noises and if you live in a non-detached property the neighbours should expect to hear some things.

The neighbours sound like absolute cretins.

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.