Odd Neighbours / Neighbour Problems #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I feel for you.

People can't just carry out extensive building work that goes on until midnight. Permitted hours are usually 8am - 6pm and 8am to 1pm at weekends (I think). You can record the noise and complain them to the council for noise disturbance. I'm in Ireland and that's how it works here at least. You shouldn't have to live like this!
yeah it is the same in the UK

Reactions: 2
Thank you for your replies and understanding 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 Now I know I wasn’t being irrational or a wingebag! I don’t want to involve the council because my landlady, who is lovely, would have to declare as such to the next tenant or if she sells up. I think I’m more shocked at the lack of courtesy and the fact that I introduced myself to the owners of the new shop, said what a great addition they were to the street etc and they didn’t even pop round with a “sorry for the 4 months of constant noise” jam tart!

yeah it is the same in the UK
Very good to know! I assumed it was the same rules as beeping car horn (7.30am-11.30pm) so that’s why I never complained ☹

Reactions: 2
I no longer know whether to laugh or cry ...

I was talking to a workman on my driveway today for a few minutes. I was gardening afterwards and a neighbour came past and told me that the nasty neighbour next door had been hiding behind my shrubs listening to my conversation with the workman! She's known to do this, has been caught out doing it before. Couldn't believe she's still doing it. I mean, what do people get out of doing something like that?! I was only talking about block paved driveways .... I'm not very interesting!!
This woman is obsessed with everything I do. If I've been gardening next to our boundary then she comes out of the house when I've gone in to have a look at what I've been doing. I really feel stalked now.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
Used to have very neighbours that lived in the houses behind and would be seen looking into people houses 😮. My father took it upon enthusiastically himself to wave at her every time. She soon stopped 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Used to have very neighbours that lived in the houses behind and would be seen looking into people houses 😮. My father took it upon enthusiastically himself to wave at her every time. She soon stopped 😂
My dad used to do this to one of our neighbours too. Didn’t stop her though 😆

Reactions: 1
My weirdo has not used her car in mths but has had camera's put in my friend who she absolutely hates always waves at them as she passes. This is the same person who put a ring doorbell on her wall facing our boundary fence so she can listen to my boring conversations

The back of her car is facing directly the path people who need to come to my house have to use so I know 100% why she had it put in and nothing to do with her car. 😂

• Wow
Reactions: 3
Thank you for your replies and understanding 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 Now I know I wasn’t being irrational or a wingebag! I don’t want to involve the council because my landlady, who is lovely, would have to declare as such to the next tenant or if she sells up. I think I’m more shocked at the lack of courtesy and the fact that I introduced myself to the owners of the new shop, said what a great addition they were to the street etc and they didn’t even pop round with a “sorry for the 4 months of constant noise” jam tart!

Very good to know! I assumed it was the same rules as beeping car horn (7.30am-11.30pm) so that’s why I never complained ☹
Just spoke to the builder next door… they are completely hitting and ripping out the flat located next to my bedroom. He said it’s gonna take months and months… that’s 8-9 months of this year of constant renovations from all of my neighbours when I’m paying £700 a month rent and forking out even more money in order to not be here in the evenings and weekends. Every weekend ruined. Do I have any rights at all?? Feels so unfair, I can’t stop crying ☹

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
Just spoke to the builder next door… they are completely hitting and ripping out the flat located next to my bedroom. He said it’s gonna take months and months… that’s 8-9 months of this year of constant renovations from all of my neighbours when I’m paying £700 a month rent and forking out even more money in order to not be here in the evenings and weekends. Every weekend ruined. Do I have any rights at all?? Feels so unfair, I can’t stop crying ☹
You probably don’t have many rights but if they are working past the normal hours which I think is 8am - 6pm you could report them to the council. I’m really sorry to hear this also :(

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
I no longer know whether to laugh or cry ...

I was talking to a workman on my driveway today for a few minutes. I was gardening afterwards and a neighbour came past and told me that the nasty neighbour next door had been hiding behind my shrubs listening to my conversation with the workman! She's known to do this, has been caught out doing it before. Couldn't believe she's still doing it. I mean, what do people get out of doing something like that?! I was only talking about block paved driveways .... I'm not very interesting!!
This woman is obsessed with everything I do. If I've been gardening next to our boundary then she comes out of the house when I've gone in to have a look at what I've been doing. I really feel stalked now.
tell her duck off and get a life, or shouts that you can see her behind the shrubs, some peoples lives must be so boring to stalk their neighbours, she sounds like a right loony

Reactions: 10
tell her duck off and get a life, or shouts that you can see her behind the shrubs, some peoples lives must be so boring to stalk their neighbours, she sounds like a right loony
She used to do this sort of thing quite often a few years back, and I thought she'd stopped. The most awful thing is not knowing she's there because I can't see from my side, and having her listen to all my business, discussing quotes etc. Then she gossips to her mate across the street. She is a complete loony, and nasty. I'm glad I'm slowly finding out that a few people in the street can't stand her and just put up with her. She thinks she's the bees knees though

Get an air horn
:ROFLMAO:

Reactions: 3
You can claim compensation for the noise. Contact your local environmental health/Council to see how you go about making a claim. It will be impacting on your life heavily so I'd deffo fight for a bit of compo. They were building a road at the back of my father's house years ago, he claimed and had a few grand for noise disturbance

• Heart
Reactions: 9
She used to do this sort of thing quite often a few years back, and I thought she'd stopped. The most awful thing is not knowing she's there because I can't see from my side, and having her listen to all my business, discussing quotes etc. Then she gossips to her mate across the street. She is a complete loony, and nasty. I'm glad I'm slowly finding out that a few people in the street can't stand her and just put up with her. She thinks she's the bees knees though

:ROFLMAO:
I would start making stuff up, like really outrageous stuff to discuss in earshot and see if she reacts :LOL:

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Poor you, this is my worst nightmare. You mention that you pay rent though, can’t you just leave and find somewhere else?

How's everyone doing in the heatwave?

I've had a whole weekend of the grandkid next door screaming at herself while the parents/g'parents look on adoringly. They never actually play a game with her! I don't mind kids playing and having fun, but this little horror just screams for the sake of it, over and over and over again. Plus nasty pop music at various intervals.
THANK GOD IT'S STILL TERM TIME!

Reactions: 7
How's everyone doing in the heatwave?

I've had a whole weekend of the grandkid next door screaming at herself while the parents/g'parents look on adoringly. They never actually play a game with her! I don't mind kids playing and having fun, but this little horror just screams for the sake of it, over and over and over again. Plus nasty pop music at various intervals.
THANK GOD IT'S STILL TERM TIME!
I feel for you. We’ve had a weekend of screaming/shrieking/shouting from our lovely neighbours that are just horrors too. Who knew 2 small kids could make so much noise. The parents don’t ever tell them to quieten down. They must be deaf to it as I can’t understand why they like hearing it either. Although from the way the parents shout at their dog like banshees I can see where they get it from. Most of the other neighbours are retirees and elderly. I’m young-ish but child free and our garden is basically a write off because of them. Spent the day wearing noise cancelling headphones & our house isn’t even the closest to them. Come on winter! Counting down until the clocks go back! 😂 I laugh but it’s mentally damaging honestly. We tried to move to somewhere with land but the houses we were buying kept falling though with people with cash offering huge amounts every time, as everyone had the same idea it seemed, so we gave up. So I do what I can to just push through it and not let it totally ruin my life/mood.

Reactions: 6
The parents don’t ever tell them to quieten down.
I think it's this that's the worst ^ I wouldn't mind half as much if the parents made the effort to try and rein them in a bit and we had some peace once in a while, but they don't.
I keep trying to find land or a house with land too. I'd rather have a tiny house and lots of land and no neighbours.
Perhaps your other neighbours are like mine ... the family on the other side of this noisy family also can't stand the noise, so when it is noisy I know other people are pissed off, not just me (it somehow makes it a little more tolerable. I'm hoping the guy on the other side might snap eventually!)

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.