Odd Neighbours / Neighbour Problems #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
no, never! unless you’re dosing the bbq with gasoline or cooking over an open fire i can’t see it causes a huge issue for your neighbours - it’s only really going to give off enough smoke to affect washing if you actively burn things, surely?

maybe he was just hoping for an invite?
Actually on this point, where would you stand with neighbours who were lighting a barbecue (and fires) in their back yard every day and using scrap wood plus turps/petrol - so that it causes enough flames and smoke to drift into your house and you can’t have doors/windows open?

Am being driven insane by them at the moment - and it’s been going on since they moved in. That, plus loud music, and they’ve built a ‘smoking shelter’ that pretty much encroaches our house, which they sit in all day, smoking/drinking/shouting into their phones - means we also get their fag smoke wafting in too.

We’ve got other neighbours who barbecue and they manage to do it sensibly and with as little smoke as possible…but these guys are something else. Have genuine concerns about our garden being set on fire. Had to get video evidence of how bad it is but not sure if that’s wise to do?!

• Sad
Reactions: 5
Theres some local scum doing this to a friend. The cctv is awful and the council and police do nothing!
I have only ever seen one successful complaint being dealt with by our local council. Again one family in an Avenue of 200 houses. The whole street virtually captive to the behaviour and antics of one family of five children all under the age of 18. They did a letter to the council. Then kept a diary and covertly filmed the crimes. Three children, all under the age of ten, and I’m sure you won’t believe this, these kids, managed to pull a complete roof down from a house where the occupants were too scared to run them off or call the police. £4000 damage, one roof, all removed in ten minutes flat. The quad bikes being ridden up and down the road at all hours. Bikes, scooters forcibly taken from local kids. The police were called time and time again. And then miraculously a council eviction notice, and relocation to Cardiff from south London. The thing that surprised me most was when I met the problem woman in the street she was really upset about the eviction. She blamed everyone else but herself. I truly believe she would’ve passed a lie detector test she was so self convinced.
If you’ve read my past Posts you will probably guess I live it a pretty horrid area. What can you do when you don’t have the money to move anywhere. And even if you do, how can you know if you are potentially moving next door to a bad neighbour

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
I have only ever seen one successful complaint being dealt with by our local council. Again one family in an Avenue of 200 houses. The whole street virtually captive to the behaviour and antics of one family of five children all under the age of 18. They did a letter to the council. Then kept a diary and covertly filmed the crimes. Three children, all under the age of ten, and I’m sure you won’t believe this, these kids, managed to pull a complete roof down from a house where the occupants were too scared to run them off or call the police. £4000 damage, one roof, all removed in ten minutes flat. The quad bikes being ridden up and down the road at all hours. Bikes, scooters forcibly taken from local kids. The police were called time and time again. And then miraculously a council eviction notice, and relocation to Cardiff from south London. The thing that surprised me most was when I met the problem woman in the street she was really upset about the eviction. She blamed everyone else but herself. I truly believe she would’ve passed a lie detector test she was so self convinced.
If you’ve read my past Posts you will probably guess I live it a pretty horrid area. What can you do when you don’t have the money to move anywhere. And even if you do, how can you know if you are potentially moving next door to a bad neighbour
Wow thats awful! The poor ppl they shifted them next to also!!!

The problem where I live, its not specifically a bad place it gets a bad reputation from ppl who are stuck up because theres a lot of poor and social housing, but the council seem to be absolutely adamant to move vile families into these streets. Instead of them all being together in a self formed ghetto, they split them up, give them lovely big council houses which privately cost the earth (i bought one) and they single handedly destroy a neighbourhood. I know of this happening in at least 5 different streets under the same council which WERE lovely quiet streets, now being terrorised by 8 year old drug dealers.
The police turn a blind eye, they are only kids, its only weed!!! But then escalates to knife crime, burglary, assault... the police just shrug it off

Actually on this point, where would you stand with neighbours who were lighting a barbecue (and fires) in their back yard every day and using scrap wood plus turps/petrol - so that it causes enough flames and smoke to drift into your house and you can’t have doors/windows open?

Am being driven insane by them at the moment - and it’s been going on since they moved in. That, plus loud music, and they’ve built a ‘smoking shelter’ that pretty much encroaches our house, which they sit in all day, smoking/drinking/shouting into their phones - means we also get their fag smoke wafting in too.

We’ve got other neighbours who barbecue and they manage to do it sensibly and with as little smoke as possible…but these guys are something else. Have genuine concerns about our garden being set on fire. Had to get video evidence of how bad it is but not sure if that’s wise to do?!
Contact the environment health department at your local council and they will advise. This sounds like a statutory nuisance ( both the noise from the music, and the smoke from the fire/BBQ) and the council should be able to take action. Start noting times and dates. Any photos/videos will be useful for the council to view.

• Heart
Contact the environment health department at your local council and they will advise. This sounds like a statutory nuisance ( both the noise from the music, and the smoke from the fire/BBQ) and the council should be able to take action. Start noting times and dates. Any photos/videos will be useful for the council to view.
Thank you so much. I have everything noted plus video/audio of the disturbances. Glad I’ve done it now and built a case up. Many thanks for the support!

Reactions: 6
Neighbours are prolific weed smokers. Normally not a problem, but now its getting warmer and we both have our windows open. The smell is SO strong I can't keep my windows open

• Sad
Reactions: 2
There’s no “rule” against feeding stray cats is there? Swear I overheard some busybody saying they’re going to ring the council because “people don’t understand the problems they cause”. They have them on speed dial. Too much time on their hands 🤬

Reactions: 1
There’s no “rule” against feeding stray cats is there? Swear I overheard some busybody saying they’re going to ring the council because “people don’t understand the problems they cause”. They have them on speed dial. Too much time on their hands 🤬
No there isn't, I would never feed a cat I thought wasn't stray as you don't know if they are on a specific diet etc and you risk kind of "luring" the cat away from its owners

Reactions: 8
No there isn't, I would never feed a cat I thought wasn't stray as you don't know if they are on a specific diet etc and you risk kind of "luring" the cat away from its owners
It’s a bit of an odd area, there are lots of strays. Whether they were abandoned I don’t know but a woman used to feed them then moved. I’ve been in touch with a charity but they’re inundated so I’m tiding her over. Don’t want aggro off cranks for doing so.

It’s a bit of an odd area, there are lots of strays. Whether they were abandoned I don’t know but a woman used to feed them then moved. I’ve been in touch with a charity but they’re inundated so I’m tiding her over. Don’t want aggro off cranks for doing so.
Yeh trying to get charity help atm is insanely difficiult, Just ignore them, well done for helping, I would do the same

Yeh trying to get charity help atm is insanely difficiult, Just ignore them, well done for helping, I would do the same
They’re swamped ☹ Thanks, I don’t see it as an issue but don’t want them causing a fuss over nothing. I pick cat poo up in the alley (could be owned cats but thought best keep them quiet) but they’re still moaning. Can’t stand curtain twitcher mentalities. As long as it’s not classed as a nuisance 👍🏻 I’ll keep feeding her discretely.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
They’re swamped ☹ Thanks, I don’t see it as an issue but don’t want them causing a fuss over nothing. I pick cat poo up in the alley (could be owned cats but thought best keep them quiet) but they’re still moaning. Can’t stand curtain twitcher mentalities. As long as it’s not classed as a nuisance 👍🏻 I’ll keep feeding her discretely.
I have had some problems with my neighbours but at least most of them are cat people :ROFLMAO:

If there's any doubt about whether it's abandoned or not I'd try a paper collar if you haven't already done so :)

Reactions: 3
LITTER!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can i scream this loudly enough? Every bastard day there's crap in my garden from 1 of the scumbags up the street. None of them seem to have a clue how to properly use a bin and when they DO the lid is always half cocked so MORE crap spills out into the street.
Dont even get me started on dog tit!

Reactions: 12
She has cut my sodding plants again! Last night as I was looking out the back window I see two hands reach over my fence and cut the tops off some of my plants.

I could understand if maybe she was OCD in some way and could not bear to see plants hanging over and needs to keep things neat.. But this is her own garden street side and it goes right around the corner and along the road looks a right mess and water dumps people after a heavy rainfall.

1655442085236.png

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 8
She has cut my sodding plants again! Last night as I was looking out the back window I see two hands reach over my fence and cut the tops off some of my plants.

I could understand if maybe she was OCD in some way and could not bear to see plants hanging over and needs to keep things neat.. But this is her own garden street side and it goes right around the corner and along the road looks a right mess and water dumps people after a heavy rainfall.
:mad: :mad:
Sorry to hear that it's happened again. Did you say anything to her?

My neighbour just stuck two fingers up at me as she came past my house. I just console myself with the fact that she's an ugly lady ... both on the outside and the inside.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 3
This isn’t about my odd neighbour who tries to ruin my life, but all the inconsiderate ones out there who collectively are slowly driving me insane…

There’s one set of neighbours who have been cooking outside and sitting under patio heaters for weeks on end, despite it barely being summer…staying out until midnight laughing, singing and coughing. Then there seems to be a whole host of drunks going past at all hours at the moment…no idea why, we have no local pubs. Then there’s a little festival of boys racers revving their motorbikes at 1/2/3am. Then the neighbour who goes out at 5am in his bloody HGV that shouldn’t even be parked there, leaving his dog barking until 3pm. Followed by a steady stream of people leaving for work, who seem to need to close their car door 56 times before they rev away.

I just want a full nights sleep.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 6
This isn’t about my odd neighbour who tries to ruin my life, but all the inconsiderate ones out there who collectively are slowly driving me insane…

There’s one set of neighbours who have been cooking outside and sitting under patio heaters for weeks on end, despite it barely being summer…staying out until midnight laughing, singing and coughing. Then there seems to be a whole host of drunks going past at all hours at the moment…no idea why, we have no local pubs. Then there’s a little festival of boys racers revving their motorbikes at 1/2/3am. Then the neighbour who goes out at 5am in his bloody HGV that shouldn’t even be parked there, leaving his dog barking until 3pm. Followed by a steady stream of people leaving for work, who seem to need to close their car door 56 times before they rev away.

I just want a full nights sleep.
I'm so paranoid when I leave for work early about shutting my car door. I have tried closing it gently but it doesn't close fully so I end up having to do it again. If only there was a quiet way to get into your car & drive away.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.