Odd Neighbours / Neighbour Problems #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
honestly i would be reportinbh that to social services, having a child covered in flea bites is neglect
she’s also put him in the same nursery as my little one, I think I mentioned in my first post a week or so ago that the nursery thought he had chicken pox but she had to say it was flea bites, so they would of noted that down, I’m going to speak to nursery on Tuesday and report my concerns as their house is a total tit hole and there’s dust and cat hair everywhere and left over food all over the sides, no wonder the poor note has a constant chesty cough breathing all that tit in all the time

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
she’s also put him in the same nursery as my little one, I think I mentioned in my first post a week or so ago that the nursery thought he had chicken pox but she had to say it was flea bites, so they would of noted that down, I’m going to speak to nursery on Tuesday and report my concerns as their house is a total tit hole and there’s dust and cat hair everywhere and left over food all over the sides, no wonder the poor note has a constant chesty cough breathing all that tit in all the time
That is so sad. The poor bairn.

Reactions: 4
Thats awful. Please say something, its not as black and white as just making a complaint to social services and in they swoop to take a child away. They will support her and help her to parent the child better. Sometimes ppl just dont know, maybe she had a similar upbringing!

Reactions: 9
What is it about this good weather that brings out crappy behaviour. The house next to my next door neighbour has a few teens in the back garden with a fire pit (at least i hope its a fire pit...i can just seem the flames from a back window). They are pumping dance music so loudly. It's almost midnight on on of the hottest days of the year so far and i've had to close all the windows at the back of the house to drown it out.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 14
Can you actually do anything about a neighbour smoking weed or do you just have to live with it?!

family are 3 doors down so thankfully a bit distanced from us. Teenage (probably 18) son smokes weed out of his bedroom window (at the back of the house so can smell from the garden) It’s not just one joint on an evening, maybe I’d forgive that, it’s honestly morning noon and night.

it bloody stinks and it’s embarrassing when people come and visit you and the whole street smells like weed.

Im not a prude but it’s constant and it’s quite unpleasant.

being really honest i don’t fancy going to speak to them because they are all a bit scary although to be fair I’ve never had any bother from them.

I do wonder if it annoys any other neighbours especially the closer ones but I haven’t asked as not sure who is friends with who (we’re quite new here)

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Can you actually do anything about a neighbour smoking weed or do you just have to live with it?!

family are 3 doors down so thankfully a bit distanced from us. Teenage (probably 18) son smokes weed out of his bedroom window (at the back of the house so can smell from the garden) It’s not just one joint on an evening, maybe I’d forgive that, it’s honestly morning noon and night.

it bloody stinks and it’s embarrassing when people come and visit you and the whole street smells like weed.

Im not a prude but it’s constant and it’s quite unpleasant.

being really honest i don’t fancy going to speak to them because they are all a bit scary although to be fair I’ve never had any bother from them.

I do wonder if it annoys any other neighbours especially the closer ones but I haven’t asked as not sure who is friends with who (we’re quite new here)
I did 101 reports on a neighbour that smoked weed, eventually it stopped, heard him moaning that a neighbour whinged about him 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
I did 101 reports on a neighbour that smoked weed, eventually it stopped, heard him moaning that a neighbour whinged about him 🤣
that’s good, I mean not to sound like a square but it is a class B drug. So calling 101 not a bad move actually! Did it take many calls for it to stop?

I wouldn’t care if he was taking class As in the comfort of his own house but don’t subject me to that god awful smell 😩

• Heart
Reactions: 5
that’s good, I mean not to sound like a square but it is a class B drug. So calling 101 not a bad move actually! Did it take many calls for it to stop?

I wouldn’t care if he was taking class As in the comfort of his own house but don’t subject me to that god awful smell 😩
I did the online reports and stayed anonymous, like you I don’t care what they do in their house but I don’t want to smell it in my garden or through the windows, I would say it took a couple months of reporting it when I smelt it etc so not sure how many reports exactly

• Wow
I did the online reports and stayed anonymous, like you I don’t care what they do in their house but I don’t want to smell it in my garden or through the windows, I would say it took a couple months of reporting it when I smelt it etc so not sure how many reports exactly
Might be a good idea for the house of criminals. Since the police don't ever want to charge them, the council dont find the fact their tenants are breaking into other ppls houses an issue. Maybe they will do something if I complain about the weed.

Its the smell for me too! Absolutely rotten!

Reactions: 5
The talk of weed ever becoming legalised really worries me. The smell is absolutely rank and people that smoke it seem to have no idea how horrible it can be for people around them to have to smell it. We had neighbours that smoked it every day indoors and I had to move my baby out of that bedroom until they moved out it was that bad.

I have a relative that lives in New York and they’ve said ever since it was legalised there the smell is EVERYWHERE and you can’t avoid it. I know a lot of people think it’s harmless but I’ve known a few people to get really messed up by it. I really hope we don’t go down that road here

• Sad
Reactions: 15
So many of the neighbours in our street growing up were absolutely bizarre. The one facing us would copy everything we did. If she saw us redecorating, she'd do the same. If my mum put a new vase in the window, she'd have to go and find one as similar as possible. She even copied what I was wearing when I was in my late teens and bear in mind this woman was more than twice my age! For example I got a new jacket and she went and got one the same print and style. If me or my dad got a new car, she'd get a new one within a week. When we got our dog, she got one. Then she got rid of it a few weeks later cos she must have realised she'd have to get off her arse to look after it. She used to keep her blinds open til we all went to bed in case she missed something! She also had the most obnoxious Christmas decorations every bloody year that I could still see flashing through my blinds and curtains. Drove me nuts!

One of her relatives lived in the street too, a few doors up from us. He was a creepy bastard. He used to walk past and flick any dog tit or litter in the street over to our gate with his walking stick. On bin day he would rummage through our bin to see what we had in it. Why? I do not know! He must have gotten a kick out of knowing what we'd had for our dinner. If any of us left the house he would open his window to let us know he was watching us. Then he'd close it once we got home again. He egged my little sister's bedroom window. He was never so brave when he came face to face with any of us though! He made our lives hell and really affected my mum's mental health.

Then this girl my age moved in right next door with her 3 young kids and she was a bleeping nightmare too. She wouldn't speak to us at all, she'd just blank us. She got a dog and let it tit all over the back garden and then her kids would go out and play amongst the dog tit! It was a really small garden too. Her bin was always overflowing and instead of leaving it out to be emptied she would just throw full black bags of rubbish down in her garden which then attracted rats which was driving our dog mad cos he could smell them. She was an absolute dirty witch, and she was terrible to her kids. We would hear her shouting and slamming doors. She used to lock them all in one bedroom so she could go to the local shop down the road on her own. We would hear them banging the door to get out. We also saw her smacking them when they were getting into the car on multiple occasions. One time she actually decided to drive off while the eldest was still trying to get into the car and he went flying off the kerb! I reported her cos I was concerned for the kids but I don't know if anything ever came of it. Although we did see the police at her door a few times.

Luckily I was on the brink of moving out so I didn't have to endure any of this bollocks for much longer and my parents moved out shortly after I did. Their new neighbours are okay, just an old woman on one side whose kettle you can hear boiling cos the walls are so thin. :ROFLMAO: The guy on the other side is a bit odd though. He brushes his garden almost daily but he waits til 9pm to do it! Even though he's home all day! He also ignored my 4yo the other day when she said hello to him and it pissed me off but he'll always grab my dad and try and talk to him when he sees him. But all in all, much better than the previous neighbours.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 10
I feel like this is a weird thing but maybe someone can explain it to me.

I have multiple neighbours where this happens and I just cannot work it out!
Say, day in day out the neighbour has a black car on their drive. One day they come back in a white car and you think, oh they got a new car.
Then the next day they have the black car again. Maybe it was a courtesy car.
Weeks pass with the black car, then once again the white car is back and its a sunday. What garage would give you a courtesy car on a sunday 🤔

I know i am over thinking this but im genuinely curious if anyone knows why this could be the case with at least 3 of my neighbours.

Also we live in the kind of street where (annoying as you would be) you could park multiple cars here if you had them

Cars are always of similar size so its not like youve borrowed your dads 4x4 for the day to go camping or something.

We have pool cars at work so you can borrow one for a day/week if you need it to attend a course or travel off site. Could it be that?

Reactions: 2

Say, day in day out the neighbour has a black car on their drive. One day they come back in a white car and you think, oh they got a new car.
Weeks pass with the black car, then once again the white car is back and its a sunday. What garage would give you a courtesy car on a sunday 🤔

I know i am over thinking this but im genuinely curious if anyone knows why this could be the case with at least 3 of my neighbours.

Also we live in the kind of street where (annoying as you would be) you could park multiple cars here if you had them

Cars are always of similar size so its not like youve borrowed your dads 4x4 for the day to go camping or something.

Maybe like me and my daughter we sometimes swap cars for different reasons. hers has a larger boot, mine has more fuel ;) Sometimes her ex-partner used hers so she took mine

Reactions: 1

They could work in the motor trade or have friends/relatives that do and that’s why they are able to swap around as much.

Reactions: 1
So many of the neighbours in our street growing up were absolutely bizarre. The one facing us would copy everything we did. If she saw us redecorating, she'd do the same. If my mum put a new vase in the window, she'd have to go and find one as similar as possible. She even copied what I was wearing when I was in my late teens and bear in mind this woman was more than twice my age! For example I got a new jacket and she went and got one the same print and style. If me or my dad got a new car, she'd get a new one within a week. When we got our dog, she got one. Then she got rid of it a few weeks later cos she must have realised she'd have to get off her arse to look after it. She used to keep her blinds open til we all went to bed in case she missed something! She also had the most obnoxious Christmas decorations every bloody year that I could still see flashing through my blinds and curtains. Drove me nuts!

One of her relatives lived in the street too, a few doors up from us. He was a creepy bastard. He used to walk past and flick any dog tit or litter in the street over to our gate with his walking stick. On bin day he would rummage through our bin to see what we had in it. Why? I do not know! He must have gotten a kick out of knowing what we'd had for our dinner. If any of us left the house he would open his window to let us know he was watching us. Then he'd close it once we got home again. He egged my little sister's bedroom window. He was never so brave when he came face to face with any of us though! He made our lives hell and really affected my mum's mental health.

Then this girl my age moved in right next door with her 3 young kids and she was a bleeping nightmare too. She wouldn't speak to us at all, she'd just blank us. She got a dog and let it tit all over the back garden and then her kids would go out and play amongst the dog tit! It was a really small garden too. Her bin was always overflowing and instead of leaving it out to be emptied she would just throw full black bags of rubbish down in her garden which then attracted rats which was driving our dog mad cos he could smell them. She was an absolute dirty witch, and she was terrible to her kids. We would hear her shouting and slamming doors. She used to lock them all in one bedroom so she could go to the local shop down the road on her own. We would hear them banging the door to get out. We also saw her smacking them when they were getting into the car on multiple occasions. One time she actually decided to drive off while the eldest was still trying to get into the car and he went flying off the kerb! I reported her cos I was concerned for the kids but I don't know if anything ever came of it. Although we did see the police at her door a few times.

Luckily I was on the brink of moving out so I didn't have to endure any of this bollocks for much longer and my parents moved out shortly after I did. Their new neighbours are okay, just an old woman on one side whose kettle you can hear boiling cos the walls are so thin. :ROFLMAO: The guy on the other side is a bit odd though. He brushes his garden almost daily but he waits til 9pm to do it! Even though he's home all day! He also ignored my 4yo the other day when she said hello to him and it pissed me off but he'll always grab my dad and try and talk to him when he sees him. But all in all, much better than the previous neighbours.
Forgot to add there was a group of badly behaved children who would throw things at our living room window when they passed. Usually it was stones, then they started mixing it up. They threw a chocolate donut once and a pool noodle another time. Those ones did make me laugh cos what are you achieving?!

• Wow
Reactions: 3

I lived near a family and if the husband had their car , she would borrow her dad's , except for during the summer , she drove a convertible. The same convertible for a few summers in a row , only during the summer months. It puzzled me as it wasn't a new car or anything particularly fancy ( it was a vauxhall astra convertible).

If the cars were newish, I would think they were hired.

I lived near a family and if the husband had their car , she would borrow her dad's , except for during the summer , she drove a convertible. The same convertible for a few summers in a row , only during the summer months. It puzzled me as it wasn't a new car or anything particularly fancy ( it was a vauxhall astra convertible).

If the cars were newish, I would think they were hired.
Its more the fact theres so many of them doing it. I dunno why but i just find the concept of lending someone my car really strange 😂 its bad enough when youve took it to the garage and theyve moved your seat and you spend the next 2 months like friggin goldilocks 😂

• Haha
I posted on here over a week or so ago about the smelly neighbour and her cats with fleas etc

well on Monday I was filling up littlens paddling pool etc and she’s just standing at her upstairs window with her kid just watching me! Then the kids are talking to one another babbling, and she’s still there after 5 mins just watching me pump the pool up, she then says can her kid come over to play I previously mentioned he has delays etc so can’t communicate, I’m on the spot and couldn’t say no as they can’t even use their garden as it’s filled with split cat tit bags, they come through the back gate and no swim stuff for her kid as he doesn’t have any so luckily I still had some from my little boy that he doesn’t wear as too small so said she could have them, then I see he is still covered in flea bites all over his legs!

they were only a couple of hours as her kid got chilly and was whinging so took him back home, the weather got so warm that the cat litter bags honked and I text her saying could she clear them and she said she didn’t realise it was bad and that she was going to do it this week but was so exhausted, those bags have been there since may!!

I did see the Tuesday she had cleared them which I was glad about but the cat litter tray in their garden still stinks so bad

then today I’m out in the garden just pottering and she’s at the window again! I just ignored her and then she got the message and we came inside then 5 mins later she texts me and said sorry if her kid was bothering us and she isn’t spying on us

I just can’t be in my own garden without her there! Fucks me right off
Does she own the house or is it council / rented? Id be reporting the garden if its not her own home

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.