Odd Neighbours / Neighbour Problems #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ah, I was hoping it was longer because it’s 10 years for registered land and 12 years for unregistered land. Could you make contact with the previous owners and ask them to put in writing that for the X years they lived there it was tended by them because it was their land?
Is there a boundary fence separating his garden to this piece of land/your garden?
Yes, i have just found the previous owners new address and I'm going to write to them.
He has a makeshift boundary fence. He built it himself, it's not very tall, but to anyone else it definitely looks like we've got separate gardens.

Reactions: 1
Have you downloaded his deeds ?
I had a very unpleasant and not to mention expensive row with my neighbour many years ago which ended up in the High Court ( we won ) over a boundary.
Also check your home insurance for legal protection. You may or may not have this within your policy.
I feel for you, it’s horrible.

Reactions: 8
Have you downloaded his deeds ?
I had a very unpleasant and not to mention expensive row with my neighbour many years ago which ended up in the High Court ( we won ) over a boundary.
Also check your home insurance for legal protection. You may or may not have this within your policy.
I feel for you, it’s horrible.
Yes, i have both his and my title register and plan.
sorry that happened to you, it is emotionally draining. wouldn't wish it on anyone.
home insurance legal team are getting back to me. sounds like they'll just send him a "back off" letter and rubbish his claims.
the previous owner has verbally said it is mine and they owned the house for 20 years. they're going to write a letter stating that.
i'm really sad that the neighbour always seems to be getting at me for something. they must be bored.

Reactions: 6
Yes, i have both his and my title register and plan.
sorry that happened to you, it is emotionally draining. wouldn't wish it on anyone.
home insurance legal team are getting back to me. sounds like they'll just send him a "back off" letter and rubbish his claims.
the previous owner has verbally said it is mine and they owned the house for 20 years. they're going to write a letter stating that.
i'm really sad that the neighbour always seems to be getting at me for something. they must be bored.

Some just love the drama. The lady next door has moved over and over again due to bad neighbours. I told her she wont find that here as everyone is lovely, friendly and quiet It turns out she was the problem, she isn't happy unless there is a drama going on.

Don't get pulled into anything because if he is anything like mine they will now have this idea you did them wrong. Just live your life ad don't give them a thought

• Heart
Some just love the drama. The lady next door has moved over and over again due to bad neighbours. I told her she wont find that here as everyone is lovely, friendly and quiet It turns out she was the problem, she isn't happy unless there is a drama going on.
What a nightmare.
What drama is she causing?

What a nightmare.
What drama is she causing?
She has stopped talking to everyone, no reasons.. but our homes join, so its complain complain complain .. she cuts my plants as soon as they can be seen higher then the fence. moans when my blossom tree sheds its the tiniest tree ever, plants on that side of the garden mysteriously die as do the ones out the front , my cemented in bird feeder was pulled over and broke, she stalks my FB with different profiles , called out the police saying I broke covid rules. ( I didn't) called the police when my friend swore in my garden , police interviewed her 3 times for saying duck WTF? She cuts my plants and police say its nothing to do with them even though its illegal to do so.

She has alone drunken parties where she screams insults at me.. stood outside my living room window looking in laughing with a friend of hers. I had three of my grandchildren here and it was really scary.
I could write a short book on the things she has done in the couple of years she has been here. Housing and local council say to just live my life without worry as im not doing anything wrong but how awful people like this are allowed to just get away with this behaviour..

• Wow
  • Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
She has stopped talking to everyone, no reasons.. but our homes join, so its complain complain complain .. she cuts my plants as soon as they can be seen higher then the fence. moans when my blossom tree sheds its the tiniest tree ever, plants on that side of the garden mysteriously die as do the ones out the front , my cemented in bird feeder was pulled over and broke, she stalks my FB with different profiles , called out the police saying I broke covid rules. ( I didn't) called the police when my friend swore in my garden , police interviewed her 3 times for saying duck WTF? She cuts my plants and police say its nothing to do with them even though its illegal to do so.

She has alone drunken parties where she screams insults at me.. stood outside my living room window looking in laughing with a friend of hers. I had three of my grandchildren here and it was really scary.
I could write a short book on the things she has done in the couple of years she has been here. Housing and local council say to just live my life without worry as im not doing anything wrong but how awful people like this are allowed to just get away with this behaviour..
This is absolutely shocking. She clearly sounds like she is very unwell.
Does she have family?

Reactions: 2
This is absolutely shocking. She clearly sounds like she is very unwell.
Does she have family?
I believe she is bipolar. but also a unpleasant person. She has a son and a sister. her sister joined in the online baiting. so did two friends. but I'm told the two friends no longer talk to her because they found out she was the problem and not me. She is one of these people who drag everyone into her strange world.

She makes friends then wont leave you alone, she thinks nothing of talking to you for 4 hours on the step even though you asked her in "oh I'm not staying" then after she will keep calling yo into the garden to talk other unimportant stuff on and on it went, One time she knocked on my door crying and ask to talk to me, she said she had done something awful, and proceeded to talk for hours and never did tell me what was awful

So I'm not sad she doesn't speak to me and nor is anyone else here

I had the 3 boys that live next door to me and lots of their friends running into my front garden and in and out of our joint side entrance all day. I politely asked them to stay out of my garden. They paid no heed. They were having a water gun fight and water balloons too and kept needing to refill the water. But there was around 8 kids running through constantly and its very noisy.

I left at 5pm and came home to my front garden littered with loads of rubber from the burst balloons.

I am so tempted to text their dad and complain. The bits are so small it will take forever to pick them all up.

Last edited:
  • Angry
I had the 3 boys that live next door to me and lots of their friends running into my front garden and in and out of our joint side entrance all day. I politely asked them to stay out of my garden. They paid no heed. They were having a water gun fight and water balloons too and kept needing to refill the water. But there was around 8 kids running through constantly and its very noisy.

I left at 5pm and came home to my front garden littered with loads of rubber from the burst balloons.

I am so tempted to text their dad and complain. The bits are so small it will take forever to pick them all up.
Just text him and politely ask him if his son’s could please pop round and clear up the mess they left in your garden.
Hopefully that will work rather than confrontation. Good luck.

Reactions: 7
So glad I found this thread!
Currently having issues with neighbours that live a few doors down from us. We’ve lived here 6 years and all has been fine but about 4 months ago the people at this property split up. Husband left and wife staying in the house with her daughter of approx 21ish. The woman is out all the time drinking with her friends and often stays out and her daughter has practically moved in a couple of her friends. They literally spend their time drinking and screaming and shouting - it’s gradually got worse and worse until lately they have been arguing with their boyfriends in the street. Last night one of them was dropped off by a boyfriend at around 10.30pm obviously she was drunk, hoping he wasn’t as was driving. Pulled up he was trying to get her out the car, she was screaming and banging her head off the car roof to stop him driving off. Half hour later her and her mates screaming C*** all the way down the road as they walk to the off licence and then the same on the way back. Woke my kids up, I’m then annoyed as I get up at 5 for work.
Then awake again around 1 as they have a load of people turn up for a party. This is basically going on 3-4 nights a week currently! I’m exhausted!

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 5
So glad I found this thread!
Currently having issues with neighbours that live a few doors down from us. We’ve lived here 6 years and all has been fine but about 4 months ago the people at this property split up. Husband left and wife staying in the house with her daughter of approx 21ish. The woman is out all the time drinking with her friends and often stays out and her daughter has practically moved in a couple of her friends. They literally spend their time drinking and screaming and shouting - it’s gradually got worse and worse until lately they have been arguing with their boyfriends in the street. Last night one of them was dropped off by a boyfriend at around 10.30pm obviously she was drunk, hoping he wasn’t as was driving. Pulled up he was trying to get her out the car, she was screaming and banging her head off the car roof to stop him driving off. Half hour later her and her mates screaming C*** all the way down the road as they walk to the off licence and then the same on the way back. Woke my kids up, I’m then annoyed as I get up at 5 for work.
Then awake again around 1 as they have a load of people turn up for a party. This is basically going on 3-4 nights a week currently! I’m exhausted!

Report to the police as a drunk/ fighting disturbance in the street If you say neighbours they don't seem to want to know.

Reactions: 7
Sat here I trying to sleep as I need to be up at 5am for work. Teenagers outside talking / shouting and bouncing a basketball every five minutes! I live in such a quiet area every noise reverberates. It’s a very small close with about 30 houses in total although mine looks over a green where they all congregate. Im sure most if not all live on here.

As I’m here on my own I feel a little intimidated in asking them to disburse but it’s so annoying!! We have a neighbourhood WhatsApp group chat that I’d like to post on but don’t want to alienate myself by slagging of their little cherubs but seriously- go outside your own gaff!!! Any suggestions??

Sat here I trying to sleep as I need to be up at 5am for work. Teenagers outside talking / shouting and bouncing a basketball every five minutes! I live in such a quiet area every noise reverberates. It’s a very small close with about 30 houses in total although mine looks over a green where they all congregate. Im sure most if not all live on here.

As I’m here on my own I feel a little intimidated in asking them to disburse but it’s so annoying!! We have a neighbourhood WhatsApp group chat that I’d like to post on but don’t want to alienate myself by slagging of their little cherubs but seriously- go outside your own gaff!!! Any suggestions??
I am in the exact same boat but the difference is that it's my next door neighbours kids and their friends. Last night it went on til 10.15pm and the night before it was 10.40pm. I've decided wheb I see their Dad next to politely say something.

I also live alone and I find it intimidating too.

• Sad
I am in the exact same boat but the difference is that it's my next door neighbours kids and their friends. Last night it went on til 10.15pm and the night before it was 10.40pm. I've decided wheb I see their Dad next to politely say something.

I also live alone and I find it intimidating too.
I have similar issues at my house too. But change the basketball for a football smashing against the wall of their house over and over. Often the parents get involved and seem to egg the kids on to shout & scream more. We tried having a word but they just said they can pretty much do what they want as they’re kids and it’s summer. The teenage “kids” are just getting too old to be hanging around outside houses in a cul de sac I think. One family has ties to the police too so we’re stuck. No one else really likes us now as we’re the only house that seem to have an issue with the noise, so it’s uncomfortable seeing neighbours as we feel guilty for having a polite word about how it effects our well-being in our own house . I have come to really hate the summer and just count down until darker evenings. It sucks that so many of us have to endure it ❤

• Sad
I have similar issues at my house too. But change the basketball for a football smashing against the wall of their house over and over. Often the parents get involved and seem to egg the kids on to shout & scream more. We tried having a word but they just said they can pretty much do what they want as they’re kids and it’s summer. The teenage “kids” are just getting too old to be hanging around outside houses in a cul de sac I think. One family has ties to the police too so we’re stuck. No one else really likes us now as we’re the only house that seem to have an issue with the noise, so it’s uncomfortable seeing neighbours as we feel guilty for having a polite word about how it effects our well-being in our own house . I have come to really hate the summer and just count down until darker evenings. It sucks that so many of us have to endure it ❤
Yes, it's awful to wish the summer away. I look forward to rainy days! My problem is we have a massive green but instead they often just play right by the driveways/gardens. I dont have an issue when they are on the green so muc...they are still noisy but at least it isnt right by my house. They also leave loads of litter around the place.

Yes, it's awful to wish the summer away. I look forward to rainy days! My problem is we have a massive green but instead they often just play right by the driveways/gardens. I dont have an issue when they are on the green so muc...they are still noisy but at least it isnt right by my house. They also leave loads of litter around the place.
Yep exactly the same here! They just won’t go and hang out on the green here either. They’d rather just smash balls around peoples houses and cars and be totally in the way. I don’t get it as when I was their age the last thing I’d want to do was hang around right outside other peoples houses when you can all be on a nicer grassy patch just a bit further away 🤷‍♀️

I’m sure when I was a kid our neighbour asked me to stop kicking a ball against their fence and so I stopped and that was that - pretty sure if I’d have continued my mum would have bollocked me and given a grounding.
Are modern parents so scared of their kids and saying no that even common sense is gone? If a kid of mine did that I’d be mortified and get them to be aware of others certainly not turn around on the complainant.

Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.