Odd Neighbours / Neighbour Problems #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Does she own the house or is it council / rented? Id be reporting the garden if its not her own home
Unfortunately they own it, bought it last December, I bought mine 9 years ago and haven’t had any issues until they moved in

• Sad
Reactions: 2
Unfortunately they own it, bought it last December, I bought mine 9 years ago and haven’t had any issues until they moved in
In my experience every house is just a ticking time bomb until a new nightmare/weird/annoying/creepy neighbour comes in and messes everything up! It normally only just takes one & given how close they keep building houses to each other & how weird/annoying everyone seems to be our odds of the years with no neighbour problems get less and less! 🥴

• Sad
Reactions: 10
In my experience every house is just a ticking time bomb until a new nightmare/weird/annoying/creepy neighbour comes in and messes everything up! It normally only just takes one & given how close they keep building houses to each other & how weird/annoying everyone seems to be our odds of the years with no neighbour problems get less and less! 🥴
i live in an old Victorian terrace so the walls are thin and the back doors basically face eachother, I feel smothered by her atm as she stands at her bedroom window with her kid and just watches me and my son in the garden! If they sorted their own garden out they’d be able to go in it! Instead of watching me hinting that they want to come over!
I’m the end terrace and have to cross their garden to get access to the alley to take the bins out etc so I have to go through all that smelly cat tit to get my bin

• Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 3
i live in an old Victorian terrace so the walls are thin and the back doors basically face eachother, I feel smothered by her atm as she stands at her bedroom window with her kid and just watches me and my son in the garden! If they sorted their own garden out they’d be able to go in it! Instead of watching me hinting that they want to come over!
I’m the end terrace and have to cross their garden to get access to the alley to take the bins out etc so I have to go through all that smelly cat tit to get my bin
I kinda feel a bit sorry for this woman...

Reactions: 1
My skunk smoking neighbours are currently on the piss & sniff 😫 music blaring, windows wide open, now considering they were throwing bottles at each other last weekend me tinks it's gona be a long night ☹😡

• Sad
Reactions: 8
I’ve had neighbour issues since lockdown. My next door neighbour decided to become bum chums with the people who live at the bottom of my garden. Both women are loud mouths and like to shout to on another no matter the time. The kid down the bottom is 10 and shouts and screams his head off all day long the parents don’t give a tit. I have 4 kids of my own and always had consideration of other people but my neighbours don’t care. I’ve been living in hell the last 2 years I have agoraphobia and my garden was the only place I felt safe outside but not anymore. my next door neighbour has 1 kid who’s 9, down the bottom 2 kids 10 & 4 they would constantly come into my garden (the back garden) without permission the noise is so bad but I can’t do anything about it as it’s considered “playing” I can’t even leave my windows open at night coz the noise starts at 7am but as far as the neighbours are concerned it’s me who has the problem and they aren’t doing anything wrong. They both got crappy when I put a cctv camera in my garden when it’s doesn’t even look into their properties but both invade my privacy by looking into my house all the time. I suffer with mental health issues and too much noise is unsettling for me.
the kids have been spraying water pistols into my garden all evening with pool water so it has chlorine in it my washing line is near the fence it’s a straight line with a pole cemented into the ground so I can’t move it the holidays haven’t even started yet 🙄 plus the kids where going on about how my family killed their rabbits which isn’t true the rabbits got rabbit flu and they died because the neighbour never looked after them and cleaned the hutch. Obviously even if I say anything the water I will be the bad one coz the mouthy neighbour already shouted in the street I’m a child abuser for asking the kids not to come into my garden. In lockdown they (the next door neighbour and the people down the bottom) had a pool party until you 11pm and I’ve heard they are planning another one in the holidays. I already tried reporting them to the council and both are council houses (I privately rent) and they didn’t do anything the next door neighbour even made a point of loudly saying my complaint was funny and her & the council had a good laugh about it. I honestly know the next 6 weeks are gonna be hell.

• Sad
Reactions: 6
Oh well its started. The annual schools out, scumbags out. Our council have made a big song and dance about anti social behaviour and 0 tolerance. But here I am again complaining about the same thing with the same kids. The fact police go to their doors and they persist shows the calibre of parenting going on. If I had gone on like this I would've been grounded for the rest of the holidays

• Sad
Reactions: 10
I’m devastated to find out that my neighbour is claiming a part of my garden is his. He knows damn well it’s not. He’s watched me plant the garden, tend it, water it etc for years. He’s never once said anything about it. It’s like he’s watched me sink money into the garden and now he’ll take it for himself. Why are people so horrible? I can’t fight this, I don’t have the money now. Nor will I be able to move easily as he’s created a dispute.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
I live above a grumpy senior citizen, who barely spoke to me until the pandemic hit the uk. He used to bang on his ceiling when I walked around my living room. Apparently he can hear low frequency noises. This would sometimes be accompanied by profanities. In fact he has a temper, and I pity anyone bearing the brunt of it.
I have been unwell for the last 3 weeks, and have been mostly staying with my partner. I left my cycle in the communial yard, so earlier this week I went to fetch it. One of the first things he said to me when he saw me was "where have you been, I thought you had died of covid." Its not the first time he has said that to me, I was too annoyed to respond to him.
Stupid man.

• Wow
  • Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 12
I’m devastated to find out that my neighbour is claiming a part of my garden is his. He knows damn well it’s not. He’s watched me plant the garden, tend it, water it etc for years. He’s never once said anything about it. It’s like he’s watched me sink money into the garden and now he’ll take it for himself. Why are people so horrible? I can’t fight this, I don’t have the money now. Nor will I be able to move easily as he’s created a dispute.
Wouldn't the onus be on them to actually provide some proof?

Reactions: 7
I live above a grumpy senior citizen, who barely spoke to me until the pandemic hit the uk. He used to bang on his ceiling when I walked around my living room. Apparently he can hear low frequency noises. This would sometimes be accompanied by profanities. In fact he has a temper, and I pity anyone bearing the brunt of it.
I have been unwell for the last 3 weeks, and have been mostly staying with my partner. I left my cycle in the communial yard, so earlier this week I went to fetch it. One of the first things he said to me when he saw me was "where have you been, I thought you had died of covid." Its not the first time he has said that to me, I was too annoyed to respond to him.
Stupid man.
Sounds like Mr Heckles 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Finally got a handyman that will be making my extra high trellis fence on posts .. I'm so excited, he hasn't priced it yet so fingers crossed its manageable

Up yours neighbour lets see you cut my plants now.

Something like these.
She has all her seating where she gets the sun all the time, sadly sun comes from my side of the fence oh dear.

Attachments

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
Wouldn't the onus be on them to actually provide some proof?
Apparently he has proof, but I don’t know what yet. It’s possible that he’s got another neighbour to back up his story. When the area used to be grass he sometimes used to cut it as it’s next to his lawn. But that doesn’t mean he owns it.
Just one letter to get rid of him will cost me approx £100. Plus whatever I am charged per hour for a solicitor.

Reactions: 1
Apparently he has proof, but I don’t know what yet. It’s possible that he’s got another neighbour to back up his story. When the area used to be grass he sometimes used to cut it as it’s next to his lawn. But that doesn’t mean he owns it.
Just one letter to get rid of him will cost me approx £100. Plus whatever I am charged per hour for a solicitor.
Have you tried the Land registry? I believe for around £4 you can get the plans so hopefully show where the boundaries actually are.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
How long have you been tending to the land and how big an area is it?
I've lived here six years, been tending it all that time. It's about 10ft x 8ft, but very obviously mine as it runs into the rest of my garden, it's not a piece on its own, it just happens to border his land.

I had some verbal abuse today, so ended up reporting it :(

• Sad
Reactions: 4
I've lived here six years, been tending it all that time. It's about 10ft x 8ft, but very obviously mine as it runs into the rest of my garden, it's not a piece on its own, it just happens to border his land.

I had some verbal abuse today, so ended up reporting it :(
Ah, I was hoping it was longer because it’s 10 years for registered land and 12 years for unregistered land. Could you make contact with the previous owners and ask them to put in writing that for the X years they lived there it was tended by them because it was their land?
Is there a boundary fence separating his garden to this piece of land/your garden?

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.