Odd Neighbours / Neighbour Problems #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Me too! I came home from a lovely weekend away to find the place destroyed in litter from children/teens out on the green. It all accumulates outside around 4 houses incl mine. Two have children and you would never see them picking up litter.

I arrived home on such a high and was immeadiately brought down. It was too late at night that I didnt want to go pick it up. Some other kind neighbour did pick it up today.

I'm lying in bed now with my window open and can hear a bunch of around 8 children and teens shouting and playing on the green. I actually dont mind this so much as at least it isnt right in front of the houses. I think 10pm is a decent cut off...after that they need to quieten down. So much for an early night!

I spoke too soon they are now outside my drive and the drive of my neighbours where some of the kids live!
How old are they roughly? I think you are being fairly generous with a cut off of 10pm. Where are you? My school doesn’t break up until next Friday (22nd) x

Reactions: 3
How old are they roughly? I think you are being fairly generous with a cut off of 10pm. Where are you? My school doesn’t break up until next Friday (22nd) x
I'm in Ireland. Secondary school finishes end of May and Primary school finishes end of June. Both go back late August/ early September so its a long summer....great as a child not so much now.

I would say they are around 10 to 14 ish. Not a great judge of ages but there are 1 or 2 younger ones. Seems to have quietened down now.

I'm in Ireland. Secondary school finishes end of May and Primary school finishes end of June. Both go back late August/ early September so its a long summer....great as a child not so much now.

I would say they are around 10 to 14 ish. Not a great judge of ages but there are 1 or 2 younger ones. Seems to have quietened down now.
Ah fair enough, I thought you meant younger children. Still not a solution to your problem, sorry. Hope it’s resolved soon so you can enjoy some peace and quiet

Ooh I've tried everything, plug ins, scented candles, wax burner and I'm always going around with the air freshener so much I give myself a headache haha whatever skunk it is they are smoking is just so strong and weirdly smells stronger in the warm weather 🤔
Have you tried an air purifier? I know it’s not ideal with the price of electric, but it will get rid of the smells. I picked one up from Amazon (Levoit) it was the only thing that worked.

Have you tried an air purifier? I know it’s not ideal with the price of electric, but it will get rid of the smells. I picked one up from Amazon (Levoit) it was the only thing that worked.
I haven't unfortunately 😔 I've all but given up haha thanks for the recommendation il check that out even if just for my kids room 👍

• Heart
Reactions: 2
It is driving me insane tbh, what makes me laugh is they stand outside so obviously don't want their own house stinking of it but yet it's ok mine does 😡 im going to give it a couple of weeks snd say something as I'm not keeping my windows closed this weather! Fuckers
Why bother waiting a couple of weeks? Why not just say it now?

Reactions: 6
My annoying neighbours who i posted about before are the worst in the street . They are always talking loud in the garden from 8-8 and singing (badly) when I am out. The kids in their 30's won't leave the home so they are arguing all the time but they 'kids' being 'kids' apparently ..

Reactions: 1
I'm in the process of power hosing my garden for the summer, it's pretty big and I have a bad back atm so it's gonna take me a few days. My garden is higher up than my neighbour's and we have a double wooden fence separating us. The problem is, the dirty water from my garden is going straight into hers! It's quite a lot too so I feel bad and I don't want her to say anything to me. But I don't see any way it can be avoided. What should I do if she says something to me?

I'm in the process of power hosing my garden for the summer, it's pretty big and I have a bad back atm so it's gonna take me a few days. My garden is higher up than my neighbour's and we have a double wooden fence separating us. The problem is, the dirty water from my garden is going straight into hers! It's quite a lot too so I feel bad and I don't want her to say anything to me. But I don't see any way it can be avoided. What should I do if she says something to me?
How about you let her know and offer to clean it when it happens?

How about you let her know and offer to clean it when it happens?
She can be a bit hit and miss with even saying hello to me so I'm anxious to approach her but maybe it's the best option.

I posted on here over a week or so ago about the smelly neighbour and her cats with fleas etc

well on Monday I was filling up littlens paddling pool etc and she’s just standing at her upstairs window with her kid just watching me! Then the kids are talking to one another babbling, and she’s still there after 5 mins just watching me pump the pool up, she then says can her kid come over to play I previously mentioned he has delays etc so can’t communicate, I’m on the spot and couldn’t say no as they can’t even use their garden as it’s filled with split cat tit bags, they come through the back gate and no swim stuff for her kid as he doesn’t have any so luckily I still had some from my little boy that he doesn’t wear as too small so said she could have them, then I see he is still covered in flea bites all over his legs!

they were only a couple of hours as her kid got chilly and was whinging so took him back home, the weather got so warm that the cat litter bags honked and I text her saying could she clear them and she said she didn’t realise it was bad and that she was going to do it this week but was so exhausted, those bags have been there since may!!

I did see the Tuesday she had cleared them which I was glad about but the cat litter tray in their garden still stinks so bad

then today I’m out in the garden just pottering and she’s at the window again! I just ignored her and then she got the message and we came inside then 5 mins later she texts me and said sorry if her kid was bothering us and she isn’t spying on us

I just can’t be in my own garden without her there! Fucks me right off

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 14
I posted on here over a week or so ago about the smelly neighbour and her cats with fleas etc

well on Monday I was filling up littlens paddling pool etc and she’s just standing at her upstairs window with her kid just watching me! Then the kids are talking to one another babbling, and she’s still there after 5 mins just watching me pump the pool up, she then says can her kid come over to play I previously mentioned he has delays etc so can’t communicate, I’m on the spot and couldn’t say no as they can’t even use their garden as it’s filled with split cat tit bags, they come through the back gate and no swim stuff for her kid as he doesn’t have any so luckily I still had some from my little boy that he doesn’t wear as too small so said she could have them, then I see he is still covered in flea bites all over his legs!

they were only a couple of hours as her kid got chilly and was whinging so took him back home, the weather got so warm that the cat litter bags honked and I text her saying could she clear them and she said she didn’t realise it was bad and that she was going to do it this week but was so exhausted, those bags have been there since may!!

I did see the Tuesday she had cleared them which I was glad about but the cat litter tray in their garden still stinks so bad

then today I’m out in the garden just pottering and she’s at the window again! I just ignored her and then she got the message and we came inside then 5 mins later she texts me and said sorry if her kid was bothering us and she isn’t spying on us

I just can’t be in my own garden without her there! Fucks me right off
honestly i would be reportinbh that to social services, having a child covered in flea bites is neglect

Reactions: 9
i would post her a note
This is what I did as she wasn't home when I knocked the door! She saw me the next morning and was very nice about it, told me not to worry about the dirt cos her own garden is minging. :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.