Odd Neighbours / Neighbour Problems #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hey all! Would you inform your neighbours before having a bbq on a sunny day? We’ve just set one up (not lit it or anything) and our next door neighbour has popped his head over our fence saying he’d appreciate a heads up ‘every time we want to light that thing’ … is that normal etiquette?!
Is it because he has his washing out? Tbh I’ve never known anyone to bother telling their neighbours lol 🤔

Hey all! Would you inform your neighbours before having a bbq on a sunny day? We’ve just set one up (not lit it or anything) and our next door neighbour has popped his head over our fence saying he’d appreciate a heads up ‘every time we want to light that thing’ … is that normal etiquette?!
no, never! unless you’re dosing the bbq with gasoline or cooking over an open fire i can’t see it causes a huge issue for your neighbours - it’s only really going to give off enough smoke to affect washing if you actively burn things, surely?

maybe he was just hoping for an invite?

• Haha
Reactions: 1
no, never! unless you’re dosing the bbq with gasoline or cooking over an open fire i can’t see it causes a huge issue for your neighbours - it’s only really going to give off enough smoke to affect washing if you actively burn things, surely?

maybe he was just hoping for an invite?
I think some neighbours just have nothing to do but complain about things, that's the impression I get from our block whatsapp group anyway :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: 2
No . I'd expect somebody in the vicinity to be having a barbeque on a sunny weekend or Bank Holiday. People tend not to light them until mid / late afternoon anyway, so there's plenty of time to have washing out before that .

Unless the have copd or something , then they should explain their situation and ask you to inform then nicely.

I’d think BBQs are normal on a bank holiday. If you were having a rowdy party outside till the early hours then yeah, I’d expect a polite heads up, but not for an afternoon thing.

(My neighbour has parties outside until 1 or 2am sometimes, gives no one a heads up, but then complain when people mow the lawn “early” at 9am 🙄)

Reactions: 5
Ok good this has made me feel better! I thought it was unreasonable! Will be lighting my new bbq with pride this afternoon and head next door can suck one 😁

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
It's after midnight here, my neighbours are out in their pool making just as much noise as if it were daytime. No chance of sleeping until it subsides eh

Reactions: 3
My neighbours always tell me incase I plan to put washing out but we are friends. Personally I would as think it’s polite.

I find him looking over your fence more offensive. I hate that people just think that they can invade your private space! It is different if it's a low fence under 5ft or something, but climbing up to look over to say something is really rude. He should have knocked the door if he had anything to say, the cheeky tit!

I would have gone mad and I have done in the past when it's happened to me 😄

Reactions: 9
My vermin neighbours have been out arguing in the communal hall again this morning before 8am. A few days ago they were arguing in the hall and out on the street at 5am. How can they be bothered, seriously? When all they do is drink, smoke and snort their life away is this how they entertain themselves?

I wish they’d choose a more appropriate time to argue so that I can actually go out and tell them to shut the duck up and get a job. Not a single person in my block has ever confronted them. I’m not exactly the most intimidating person standing at 5ft5, 8 and a half stone and a strong gust of wind can knock me out. But I think SOMEONE confronting them might do something since it’s never happened before. Like I say I just wish they’d choose a more appropriate time to argue where I’m actually somewhat ready for the day - currently wearing cactus print pjs, hair still in a bun and bonnet and have spot cream on my face. Yeah I might scare them but for all the wrong reasons😂

“Vermin neighbours” 🤣

I’ve got some vermin who have been fly-tipping the alleyways for weeks. They keep putting it outside mine and the bin men are actually collecting it with no fuss. I’m fuming because I still have this tiny Christmas tree/plant in my yard because they wouldn’t take my bin with it in yet they’re clearing up mattresses, radiators, wardrobes and other renovation junk. I got a letter once saying I’d thrown bin bags over the 10ft fence when it was quite clearly a cat who had ripped it apart. Where’s the consistency 😡

• Angry
My next door neighbours child is also bleeping feral. He’s about 4, screams constantly, tells his mum to duck off and I often see him throwing rubbish over the fence into our garden. Delightful 😁
Sounds like my neighbours. We've lived here for nearly 13 years + they have made our lives a misery from day one. The eldest is nearly 15 years old + his twin brother + sister have just turned 12. All they do is screech, scream, bang around the house, kick balls against the fence + into our garden. It's been constant from practically day one. I hate them with a passion.

• Sad
  • Heart
My next door neighbours grown daughter and two kids are constantly in her parents house which is attached me.

I find it so odd. The kids are around 3 and 1.5 years old. She is married but its like she lives there. She is there from early morning til around 8 or 9pm most evenings. The kids can be very loud at times but I genuinely feel sorry for them that they dont get to play or nap in their own home with their own toys. Its very odd. Its not that the grandparents are their childminders or anything as their mother stays there too. She is there most weekends too and often the husband comes there straight after work.

Last edited:
Sounds like my neighbours. We've lived here for nearly 13 years + they have made our lives a misery from day one. The eldest is nearly 15 years old + his twin brother + sister have just turned 12. All they do is screech, scream, bang around the house, kick balls against the fence + into our garden. It's been constant from practically day one. I hate them with a passion.
Just had similar move into my vicinity. Two little girls who seem to play 'who can scream the loudest' for about 3 hours every afternoon/evening. Any adults around them seem to encourage the screaming. Older brother who just boots the football as hard as he can, where ever he feels like it. Again, cheered on by the adults.

I love kids, think they're just aces, but these kids are driving me bloody nuts and they've only been here a fortnight. Why do parents think it's acceptable? When I was a kid, none of that tit would fly.

Just had similar move into my vicinity. Two little girls who seem to play 'who can scream the loudest' for about 3 hours every afternoon/evening. Any adults around them seem to encourage the screaming. Older brother who just boots the football as hard as he can, where ever he feels like it. Again, cheered on by the adults.

I love kids, think they're just aces, but these kids are driving me bloody nuts and they've only been here a fortnight. Why do parents think it's acceptable? When I was a kid, none of that tit would fly.
I feel your pain, even more so after so many years I've put up with it!

The parents are the same, they do not do anything to discourage the bad behaviour + never have. They prefer to just let the children cause chaos + then shell out tons of money fixing everything their brats destroy.

• Sad
One of my friends, who died a few years ago had a terrible neighbour experience. Her and her partner who was a fireman who worked shift bought an ex council house. They had viewed the house and fell in love with it. They knew a family lived next door amd thought noth8ng of it as they themselves were trying for a baby. The problems started almost immediately. The woman who lived next door in a council house had six children, three were 18 and over. The youngest three were just feral. No dinner times or bedtime. They played in the street, usually breaking something, or stealing cars. The police were constant visitors to the house. The front garden suddenly become a place for wrecked cars and car repairs, going long into the night with outside drinking snd weed smoking. The woman of the house declared my friend to be a ‘snob’ because she wouldn’t chat long or let her come into her house. She was drunk most days and had developed a habit of knock8ng my friends door and ask8ng for bits of money, strange amounts like £2.50, never more than £3. After about the twentieth time of asking, getting amd not replaying my friend put her foot down and told her never to ask again. The woman wen5 ballistic and accused her of trying to starve her children by refusing her the price of some potatoes. She wasn’t buying potatoes, her dealer sold her read6 made spliffs for a quid each.
After that their house was under siege. Day and night. Banging on inside walls calling her and her husband names. Every time they left the house there would be smashed eggs, ketchup, all sorts squirted on doors and windows. The car was vandalised so often they sold it and her husband took a bus to work. It was 24/7 harassment. The three elder sons sexually harassed my friend. She contacted the police and co7ncil. The council sent a warning letter to the woman but nothing changed. My friend told me she was seriously th8nkimg about contacting social services about the kids. They didn’t eat regularly or ever attend school, amd it was the kids that were vandalising the home. But she was reluctant to do it b3cause she feared the reaction she would get. They put the house up for sale. Every time some came for a viewing the noise and trouble was immediate. The elder sons shouting at the prospective buyers. Every evening in the summer months the front garden was full of yobs. My friend and her husband decided to move anyway, regardless if they sold thehouse or not.
One even8ng, late about 11 o’clock a knock at the door. It was the woman next door. Her youngest kid hadn’t come home,he was 7, had they seen him. They hadn’t, so off she went. The next morning a police car was parked outside the house. The child had been found dead. Hit by a train on the tracks where he and his brothers played.
For about three mon5hs following the death the noise abated. My friend actually cooked an even8ng meal every night for the family. Suddenly the house sold. They were delighted. The day after they told the woman threywere moving out the trouble started back up. Almost immediately and in the same form. Vandalism, name calling and the thugs were back in the front garden all night longdrinking and smoking and making noise. She said it was as if the child hadn’t died, everything just reverted back to the past. They moved out one early Sunday morning, everyth8ng thrown in a van and they never looked back. She said she felt guilty not warning the new owners about the problems they had had, but she wanted to flee. About six months later her husband, the fireman was called to a ‘shout’. He found himself attending a fire in his old house. The thugs were out on the street shouting burn baby burn, clearly enjoying themselves. The house burnt to the ground. No one was hurt. It was an arson attack. No one was charged.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
One of my friends, who died a few years ago had a terrible neighbour experience. Her and her partner who was a fireman who worked shift bought an ex council house. They had viewed the house and fell in love with it. They knew a family lived next door amd thought noth8ng of it as they themselves were trying for a baby. The problems started almost immediately. The woman who lived next door in a council house had six children, three were 18 and over. The youngest three were just feral. No dinner times or bedtime. They played in the street, usually breaking something, or stealing cars. The police were constant visitors to the house. The front garden suddenly become a place for wrecked cars and car repairs, going long into the night with outside drinking snd weed smoking. The woman of the house declared my friend to be a ‘snob’ because she wouldn’t chat long or let her come into her house. She was drunk most days and had developed a habit of knock8ng my friends door and ask8ng for bits of money, strange amounts like £2.50, never more than £3. After about the twentieth time of asking, getting amd not replaying my friend put her foot down and told her never to ask again. The woman wen5 ballistic and accused her of trying to starve her children by refusing her the price of some potatoes. She wasn’t buying potatoes, her dealer sold her read6 made spliffs for a quid each.
After that their house was under siege. Day and night. Banging on inside walls calling her and her husband names. Every time they left the house there would be smashed eggs, ketchup, all sorts squirted on doors and windows. The car was vandalised so often they sold it and her husband took a bus to work. It was 24/7 harassment. The three elder sons sexually harassed my friend. She contacted the police and co7ncil. The council sent a warning letter to the woman but nothing changed. My friend told me she was seriously th8nkimg about contacting social services about the kids. They didn’t eat regularly or ever attend school, amd it was the kids that were vandalising the home. But she was reluctant to do it b3cause she feared the reaction she would get. They put the house up for sale. Every time some came for a viewing the noise and trouble was immediate. The elder sons shouting at the prospective buyers. Every evening in the summer months the front garden was full of yobs. My friend and her husband decided to move anyway, regardless if they sold thehouse or not.
One even8ng, late about 11 o’clock a knock at the door. It was the woman next door. Her youngest kid hadn’t come home,he was 7, had they seen him. They hadn’t, so off she went. The next morning a police car was parked outside the house. The child had been found dead. Hit by a train on the tracks where he and his brothers played.
For about three mon5hs following the death the noise abated. My friend actually cooked an even8ng meal every night for the family. Suddenly the house sold. They were delighted. The day after they told the woman threywere moving out the trouble started back up. Almost immediately and in the same form. Vandalism, name calling and the thugs were back in the front garden all night longdrinking and smoking and making noise. She said it was as if the child hadn’t died, everything just reverted back to the past. They moved out one early Sunday morning, everyth8ng thrown in a van and they never looked back. She said she felt guilty not warning the new owners about the problems they had had, but she wanted to flee. About six months later her husband, the fireman was called to a ‘shout’. He found himself attending a fire in his old house. The thugs were out on the street shouting burn baby burn, clearly enjoying themselves. The house burnt to the ground. No one was hurt. It was an arson attack. No one was charged.
I fully believe if parents dont parent their kids and make them behave they should be taken off them. Theres plenty decent ppl fostering and adopting. The cycle of scum needs to be stopped. Every generation is worse, the kids of kids i went to school with are vile creatures. When i was at school with their dad he was scum too, type to rob a granny for a fiver.
No one does anything though. Its awful, and then they breed and it gets worse

Reactions: 8
That story is absolutely horrendous, I feel very sorry for your late friend having to go through that.

Imagine taking pleasure in making other peoples lives a misery, there are some very cruel people in this world.

Reactions: 11
That story is absolutely horrendous, I feel very sorry for your late friend having to go through that.

Imagine taking pleasure in making other peoples lives a misery, there are some very cruel people in this world.
Theres some local scum doing this to a friend. The cctv is awful and the council and police do nothing!

• Sad

How awful! That poor innocent child aswell killed because of neglectful parents 😢

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.