Odd Neighbours / Neighbour Problems #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My noisy neighbours have a young ish child that just runs about or screams all day!?!

a few nights ago 11pm she was scream crying and this morning 7am running around which sounds like banging a hammer up the wall. I’m going to have to say something 🫢
Please keep in mind the child might have additional needs. Which means they will be louder than neurotypical children(who are loud and noisy anyway).
My ASD child would scream, stomp, bang etc and nothing I could do would stop it. Luckily one side attached to me
were always so kind when I would apologise they would tell me not to worry. And ask if I was okay and needed anything. I've now moved to detached(as I was just too anxious when child would have a meltdown). So I don't have to worry but do bear in mind the mum might already be anxious and struggling. The other side attached used to complain, but they would play excessively loud music until 4am, get drunk and violent every night and wake said child up by slamming doors and banging on walls which then would cause them to scream. Once they even knocked a hanging photo on our wall by banging so loud.

Obviously it's different if the parents, let the children run riot.

Reactions: 4
But in reality unless you live in a detached house you won’t ever be able to guarantee child free people being your neighbours.

So what are people with young children meant to do if you don’t like the noise? Kids make noise, especially when are young which the poster said they were. I have a toddler and yes they make noise and we do teach them about volume and using inside voices and try to stop any banging etc no matter what time of day. But if someone said to me about them crying at night or being up at 7am I’d tell them where to go.

To me it doesn’t compare at all to some of the issues people have had on here, where ADULTS are being hole neighbours.
They don’t have to be child free. Just a bit considerate of others. It was so loud it was setting the dog off barking which is also not ideal at 7am!

I don’t care if it doesn’t compare at all to you. People are different and like/dislike different thing. I don’t want to hear someone’s feral child running up and down the house early in the morning.

They are definitley those “gentle parents”. No rules or boundaries. They let her run across the road whilst half heartedly saying ohhh don’t do that. come here etc. she’ll be an arse when she’s older with no rules

Reactions: 8
They don’t have to be child free. Just a bit considerate of others. It was so loud it was setting the dog off barking which is also not ideal at 7am!

I don’t care if it doesn’t compare at all to you. People are different and like/dislike different thing. I don’t want to hear someone’s feral child running up and down the house early in the morning.

They are definitley those “gentle parents”. No rules or boundaries. They let her run across the road whilst half heartedly saying ohhh don’t do that. come here etc. she’ll be an arse when she’s older with no rules
I know a set of parents who are living with their poor life choices now... 😂 their barely parented princes is now 24 and a complete and utter nightmare! They were the same, let her run in front of cars. Most vehicles dont care if you have additional needs, they will flatten you regardless so it IS really up to the parents to address behaviours. I cant stand kids screaming like when they compete for best horror film scream or something? How the hell the parents know the difference between them being dicks and being murdered is beyond me. Perhaps a little more story telling of the boy who cried wolf would help?

• Heart
Reactions: 10
As I explained when talking about my problems with my neighbours, I largely don't blame the children for the things they get up to ( I have a 6 year old grandson so I know how noisy they can be from the moment they wake until the moment they fall asleep) it's the complete indifference and apparent inconsideration of the parents that annoys me. Every time I have complained they act as if they were unaware of what was happening but that's impossible so I can only assume they don't think about anyone except themselves.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
My next door neighbours child is also bleeping feral. He’s about 4, screams constantly, tells his mum to duck off and I often see him throwing rubbish over the fence into our garden. Delightful 😁

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 17
My neighbours have said to my solicitor that i've been taking photos of them in their garden from my window. completely bizarre. can't think what they've seen but they're not exactly photogenic people 😂
it begs the question though - why are they looking into my window?! aren't windows for looking out of?
roll on mediation, i'm looking forward to it!

• Haha
Do any of you have constant balls coming over your garden? And be honest do you throw them all back?

Reactions: 1
My noisy neighbours have a young ish child that just runs about or screams all day!?!

a few nights ago 11pm she was scream crying and this morning 7am running around which sounds like banging a hammer up the wall. I’m going to have to say something 🫢
I once complained to a neighbour about this. I got a response "they're children". We weren't allowed to make that much noise ever.

They moved out and a couple with two young children moved in. I'm sure I could hear the children running around; but as it was never earlier than 9am (apart from when they run downstairs to go to school at 8.40am) or later than 6pm, I left it. They asked if they make too much noise. I mentioned the running around but said I decided to just leave it as it wasn't bothering me.

My parents have had similar problems - neighbours allowed their children to run around / dance at 7am. They ended up sound proofing my brother's bedroom because of the noise.

One of my neighbours did used to do DIY at 8pm. I did once ask him to stop it. He did...for 5 minutes.

Jubilee street parties. Why are all the roads being closed? No one cares about ppl who have to work do they? 🙄 so not only am i going to have to move my car before the "lockdown" at 9am so I can actually get to work but whats the betting its a right sh*thole when i get back 😭

Reactions: 5
Do any of you have constant balls coming over your garden? And be honest do you throw them all back?
I used to. But I figured that it was mainly the adults throwing/kicking stuff over, so now I don't bother. Especially as they never have the decency to ask for them back and never apologise.

Upstairs neighbour has 3 children under 4. They don't seem to have any structure to their day. They rarely even go out of the house. The eldest 2 don't go to nursery. They scream and run up and down the hall all day until 11pm most nights . On Tuesday they were still screaming at 1am.

I work from home and it's so distracting when I'm trying to work. There is absolutely no respite and no peace and quiet in the house.

The other neighbours from the other side are constantly watching us. If I'm in the kitchen and they are in their garden they are shouting over to us trying to talk to us. Their kids will persistently try to grab your attention by shouting and screaming until you notice. I feel like I'm always getting watched. Their parents aren't much better and constantly seem to be looking over at us in the kitchen.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 9
Upstairs neighbour has 3 children under 4. They don't seem to have any structure to their day. They rarely even go out of the house. The eldest 2 don't go to nursery. They scream and run up and down the hall all day until 11pm most nights . On Tuesday they were still screaming at 1am.

I work from home and it's so distracting when I'm trying to work. There is absolutely no respite and no peace and quiet in the house.

The other neighbours from the other side are constantly watching us. If I'm in the kitchen and they are in their garden they are shouting over to us trying to talk to us. Their kids will persistently try to grab your attention by shouting and screaming until you notice. I feel like I'm always getting watched. Their parents aren't much better and constantly seem to be looking over at us in the kitchen.
As a parent I just don’t understand this, how do these parents cope with no routine and hearing their kids screaming until late at night??? I would not cope at all! We’re out most days even if it’s just a walk to the shops and we have a bedtime routine. Not trying to make out I’m a perfect parent btw but I just couldn’t be in the house 24/7 with all that noise 🤯

Reactions: 11
As a parent I just don’t understand this, how do these parents cope with no routine and hearing their kids screaming until late at night??? I would not cope at all! We’re out most days even if it’s just a walk to the shops and we have a bedtime routine. Not trying to make out I’m a perfect parent btw but I just couldn’t be in the house 24/7 with all that noise 🤯
Tbh she just constantly screams at the kids to shut up. Their mother has only just turned 22. Christ, I'm gonna be 22 in a few months too. There's less than a year between us. I don't have any kids and still living with my parents as I'm going to be a student for the next 4/5 years as I'm returning to education.

They're just so underestimated. Hell, I don't even have kids but it doesn't take a genius to work out that's why they're up really late and screaming constantly. If they are out it's only to the shops at dinner time. It's so sad because I can tell their development is going to be so hampered especially once they're at the age of starting school.

• Sad
Reactions: 7
My faith in some of my neighbours has been restored. Finally something positive .. someone has decided that they will organise a monthly tidy up of the green area and they dropped notes into everyones letter box.

I saw two men weeding the kerb along the green today while I was working from home and I went out to thank them and I said I would love to help out. Another neighbour came out too and we are going to set up a FB page for our little section of the larger estate.

We ranted about litter that the kids are causing and it was nice to not feel so alone in my annoyance! Hopefully this will make a difference.

The litter and kids congregating by my drive is my two biggest annoyances! Baby steps hopefully.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Hopefully someone here can offer some advice… we own our house, rear neighbour is a tenant. They are constantly smoking weed in their garden (by the rear fence) so our garden stinks, we can’t hang washing outside etc. is there anything we can realistically do?

Hopefully someone here can offer some advice… we own our house, rear neighbour is a tenant. They are constantly smoking weed in their garden (by the rear fence) so our garden stinks, we can’t hang washing outside etc. is there anything we can realistically do?
You can't do anything about them smoking ciggies but as its an illegal substance then report it to the police and to their landlord

I've recently had this with both neighbours, both smoking a lot 6+ hours constantly to the point it was coming through vents when my windows was shut.

One side couldnt apologised enough, they didn't realise it was that bad and now I don't smell it.

Other side though, asked nicely and was laughed at, would purposely start when my kids were playing outside. So after a month of constant asking to stop. Police come and had a word multiple times. They listened up until yesterday afternoon. Kids playing in the garden and they come out again, so I squirted them with the hose and gave them a few 'kind' words. 🤣 They said sorry and haven't smelt it since!

• Haha
  • Heart
I've recently had this with both neighbours, both smoking a lot 6+ hours constantly to the point it was coming through vents when my windows was shut.

One side couldnt apologised enough, they didn't realise it was that bad and now I don't smell it.

Other side though, asked nicely and was laughed at, would purposely start when my kids were playing outside. So after a month of constant asking to stop. Police come and had a word multiple times. They listened up until yesterday afternoon. Kids playing in the garden and they come out again, so I squirted them with the hose and gave them a few 'kind' words. 🤣 They said sorry and haven't smelt it since!
Overheard them earlier talking about how bad the smell must be for the neighbours as they’d been smoking for so long 🤦🏻‍♀️
We’ve never spoken as they’re on a different road, “hi we’re your rear neighbours, your drugs make our garden smell” seems like a great introduction

Hey all! Would you inform your neighbours before having a bbq on a sunny day? We’ve just set one up (not lit it or anything) and our next door neighbour has popped his head over our fence saying he’d appreciate a heads up ‘every time we want to light that thing’ … is that normal etiquette?!

• Wow
Hey all! Would you inform your neighbours before having a bbq on a sunny day? We’ve just set one up (not lit it or anything) and our next door neighbour has popped his head over our fence saying he’d appreciate a heads up ‘every time we want to light that thing’ … is that normal etiquette?!
No, bonfires yes, BBQ no. cheeky fuckers

just a thought.. Unless they have washing out and it's near the BBQ

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.