Odd Neighbours / Neighbour Problems #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yea its a council house. Spoke to the council housing asb person about them and they are "known" to them 🙄
dh and I were brought up in HA homes but we had parents that taught us respect for people and their property.
That’s a shame, HA’s tend to be good at working with neighbourhoods. Had a horror by me and it took over a year to get her out but I guess the social workers couldn’t keep denying everyone’s complaints.

That’s a shame, HA’s tend to be good at working with neighbourhoods. Had a horror by me and it took over a year to get her out but I guess the social workers couldn’t keep denying everyone’s complaints.
The woman from the council is great but theres only so much she can do. Its just frustrating as its escalating from loitering round causing a nuisance with noise all night to burglary and now assault on a woman in her 70s.... where does it end!

• Sad
Reactions: 2
My neighbour gets her dogs dirt on a spade a throws it over their shed into the field behind her. She often misses and it lands in our yard. I'm repulsed by this woman and she is the most unapproachable witch out there. ( The husband has threatened behavior to other neighbors while reminding them he has a gun) I'm so angry there was 3 lumps of dog dirt on my wheelie lid this evening. So she misses 3 times, ya right. Disgusting

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 3
Male neighbour in his late 60s always asking me if ive got a boyfriend yet when I see him. Just now, he offered to come on a night out with me and help me pull. ✋🏻 I’m in my late 30s. 🙄

• Wow
  • Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
This mum+dad+son on our street now have four cars, a 4x4, estate, hatchback and mini. It’s a tiny terraced road with limited parking. They only go out in the 4x4 with the son but have added a fourth that’s not been moved since it arrived last week. They take up 1/4 of the street with their vehicles and barely leave the house 🙄

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 9
This mum+dad+son on our street now have four cars, a 4x4, estate, hatchback and mini. It’s a tiny terraced road with limited parking. They only go out in the 4x4 with the son but have added a fourth that’s not been moved since it arrived last week. They take up 1/4 of the street with their vehicles and barely leave the house 🙄
Ask them if they've started a taxi service, mate's rates for neighbours, right? Lol.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
My car was keyed the other day. obviously, I have no proof, sadly I have a car cam but as yet not been able to get it fitted. Will need to do that. a few months back the first letter of the make of my car was taken off. So now have a usion and not a fusion. 🤣

I know this might not have been her, and if it was a one-off then I would not give her a thought. But killing and cutting my plants, pulling down my birdfeeder making new FB accounts to troll me lets me know I have an obsessed lady in my hands.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 8
Have you checked that they're all taxed and insured? If not they can't just leave random cars lying around. It may be worth contacting the council to ask if they are causing an obstruction to other residents. If you needed an ambulance or fire engine, it wouldn't get near due to them having so many vehicles unnecessarily

Reactions: 7
My next door neighbour thinks it’s hilarious to park where I normally park if I’m out. Meaning that when I come home, I have to parallel park between her SUV and next door but one’s Transit. She normally parks behind the transit but it’s a little game she likes to play.

When she goes out, I park awkwardly so she can’t fit behind the van and has to go over the road 😅

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I've felt much better after having an interesting chat with another of my neighbours who says that my problem neighbours have always thought they're the king and queen of the street. Turns out my other neighbour can't stand them either. I don't feel so alone now, but still hate living next door to them.
Any ideas how you take a "king and queen of the street" down a peg or two? 😉

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
I've felt much better after having an interesting chat with another of my neighbours who says that my problem neighbours have always thought they're the king and queen of the street. Turns out my other neighbour can't stand them either. I don't feel so alone now, but still hate living next door to them.
Start staring them out every time you see them and flipping the vs. Or is that just me that fights fire with fire

Reactions: 1
We have the same thing. I find just giving them evils is enough. And smiling and waving to other neighbours in front of them helps.

My head neighbours were having a fire last night and blasting music. I’m at at half 4 all weekend for work. Took my headphones off around half 10 to sleep only to hear that shite cover of Sound Of Silence again and then followed by the usual nu metal compilation. Nobheads.

• Sad
What time would you say is appropriate for a 5 almost 6 year old to go to bed? Every single evening once my baby has gone to bed my next door neighbours kid is running around the house shouting and squealing - it’s 8:45pm right now and she’s screaming and shouting running up and down the stairs. They then bath her around 8:30-9pm and their bathroom is right next to my baby’s bedroom so the running of the bath wakes her up. Then they’ll go for showers about 10:30pm which wakes her up again. It’s probably just because I’ve had almost 11 months of sleep deprivation anyway but it’s really starting to take the piss!
I've got one if these next door her kids exactly the same and screaming all day in the garden what are my rights to complain to the housing or are they just gonna say their kids can't do anything 🤨

What time would you say is appropriate for a 5 almost 6 year old to go to bed? Every single evening once my baby has gone to bed my next door neighbours kid is running around the house shouting and squealing - it’s 8:45pm right now and she’s screaming and shouting running up and down the stairs. They then bath her around 8:30-9pm and their bathroom is right next to my baby’s bedroom so the running of the bath wakes her up. Then they’ll go for showers about 10:30pm which wakes her up again. It’s probably just because I’ve had almost 11 months of sleep deprivation anyway but it’s really starting to take the piss!
I've got one if these next door her kids exactly the same and screaming all day in the garden what are my rights to complain to the housing or are they just gonna say their kids can't do anything
I can agree with your point but is it a deliberate part on your neighbour or is the child not going to bed when told?
The reason i ask is that I’m a single mum of 2. Aged 4 and 7. The eldest isnt too bad but they are both difficult at bedtime. They sleep great but getting them to settle is an absolute nightmare. We have a lovely routine, but as soon as nightime kisses are done etc, they decide it’s time to misbehave. I’ve tried everything to get them to settle properly at night but it ends up with me screaming and crying with exhaustion
Yes but your trying bless you unfortunately mine start playing games and laughing with the kids at ridiculous times 🙄

Reactions: 1
There are two teens playing kerbs two doors down from me at 10.20pm. Just as I am going to bed! They are around 14 years old or so. My bedroom is at the front of the house and I can hear the thud, thud.

I purposely park my car blocking my kerb instead of in the driveway as they used to do it on my kerb. At least now they do it outside their own one. But its a school night and its only early May ...it's going to be a long summer. Secondary school holidays in Ireland is 3 months!

• Sad
Reactions: 6
Have a neighbour I actively avoid. Head down, fast walk, even waiting for them to come/go before doing so myself.

I hate him for various reasons.

Tonight, as walking my dog, I'm about 20ft from the front door of the building, the neighbour I hate suddenly comes around into our road, about 50ft behind us. I fast walk, get us in as fast as possible, and just as I get through the door and scoop up my dog, he is coming in straight in behind me. He must had fast walked his arse off to have done that. (I just zipped up the stairs, we live on different floors.)

Not only does it seem really threatening behaviour, why do it when he knows I cant stand him?! It was so deliberate.

I'm so angry. I'm looking to move so trying to keep the peace, but bloody hell, when I know I'm going I am going to go full screaming witch at him, for everything. Absolutely hate the pathetic, odious creature.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 4
I came home today to find a basketball right outside my driveway. Is it bad that I am thinking of going out in the middle of the night and taking it if its still there? I'm not even joking!

The kids who live near me constantly play football and kerbs right outside my house and the noise drives ke insane. We have a massive green area a few feet away but no they do it right by the houses. Its normally just football and a basketball will be even worse!

• Sad
I came home today to find a basketball right outside my driveway. Is it bad that I am thinking of going out in the middle of the night and taking it if its still there? I'm not even joking!

The kids who live near me constantly play football and kerbs right outside my house and the noise drives ke insane. We have a massive green area a few feet away but no they do it right by the houses. Its normally just football and a basketball will be even worse!
Midnight puncture

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Okay so I'm going to vent about my neighbours. We're in the process of moving and while I won't pretend they are the reason as we've talked about it for a while, they are certainly one of the catalysts that made us get our act together. Mostly it's just that they are weird.

They are renting from our old neighbours. We knew that a young family (they have girls aged about 13 and 6) moving next door would be different to what we're used to. Mum likes shouting; she likes it a lot. She shouts at her husband or her kids. Her eldest is learning from her and shouts back. They seem to spend a lot of their time together in the main bedroom. If the kids don't have school they plus Mum and Dad will all be in the bedroom laughing and chatting until 11.00pm. They don't seem to surface until well after midday. In fact they are often so quiet that I have suggested that perhaps they are all drugged

Early on the kids were playing a game that involved slamming the wardrobe doors at well after 10pm. That was the first time I complained. I've really tried not to complain because I don't want to be 'that person' but whenever I do it's always met with absolute surprise.

They buy a lot of stuff online. I don't know where it all goes but the front garden is always stuffed with cardboard packaging and waste bags which the foxes pull apart and then the rubbish blows into the street and front garden. Periodically they pick it up but never all of it and the hedge between our gardens is jammed with rubbish. Oh and for literally years there were two tea cups strategically placed either side of the front door step. I wondered if they could be some kind of religious / superstition thing but I couldn't see how much good luck a cup full of leaves and dirty water would bring. When we reached the point of having viewings for our house sale I made up my mind to creep round and night and remove them but then ... they were gone. The back garden is piled with old furniture, shrivelled pot plants and pans with 'food for the birds' (it makes a change from the whole slices of bread thrown onto the conservatory roof).

Not too long ago I heard a banging on our flat roofed kitchen extension and found that the younger girl had climbed out one of the upstairs windows and was running across our extension and onto our garage roof. I also had to complain after 25 minutes rhythmic thumping on the hard wood floor in the the lounge turned out to be the younger girl playing with a full sized basketball. The hardwood floor were also not the best venue for the traditional dancing lessons for the elder girl every Saturday morning. That stopped after about 6 weeks and were replaced by 'singing lessons' for the younger girl with Dad accompanying himself on some kind of keyboard teaching her scales. Fortunately that's stopped now too.

Now that I've started I realise I could write at least as much again but I'll stop now. We've got about 3 months until our new house is ready. One thing we were determined about when wee decided to move. It's fully detached.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 8
Lately my neighbours have been so quiet but this evening all the kids were gathered outside the drive of my house and the house next door where 3 of the kids lives. There were around 6 kids in total. We have a MASSIVE green area a few feet from there but they always play on the road.

They had a remote control toy...it looked like a drone on wheels and at one stage they had it up on the roof of my car and were driving it over it. I confronted them and they said it just went under. They dont give a tit. If this keeps up I am going to say it to the father of the 3 kids. He is a widow. I have no problem with them on the green but the noise when they play just outside the drive is so bad!

I think this is the start of the summer noisiness now! They are on the green area now which is ideal. Like i get that kids play but do they have to do it right outside my house.

I purposely park my car on the road so as to block my kerb as previously they used to only play kerbs outside my garden and nowhere else.

• Angry
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.