NZ Influencers #53

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Are they deleting posts off their Instagram? Only 155 posts for a business that started back in 2019 seems very light!
They deleted ALL of their previous posts when they did the rebrand… absolutely none of those decisions made any sense to me at all 🫠

Go watch the replay of the live, he seems pissed. I know he’s not comfortable in front of the camera like she is but sh seems jovial and he’s down, kinda made me feel bad for him.
Everything Ellie has said/posted about the situation shows she blatantly does not care about the business closing, or Brett’s feelings about it 😬

• Sad
Reactions: 8
Go watch the replay of the live, he seems pissed. I know he’s not comfortable in front of the camera like she is but sh seems jovial and he’s down, kinda made me feel bad for him.
How do i watch the live? Im not very savvy with things!
---
She makes heaps of money influencing and has rich parents and can go work for daddy anytime I think they’ll be fine
If they struggle im sure she can just sell more things that shes over spent on! Maybe their expensive cars, not spend a fortune on clothes to wear once and expensive skin care

Reactions: 5
My guess is they got news today about something that was the final straw ? Not even 24 hours ago she posted about working on branding? View attachment 2770512
Maybe Mummy & Daddy were sick of bailing them out with those stupid deals. Ellie is thick as a plank and oblivious to the real world - lives in her own wee bubble and wouldn’t know real work if it hit her in the face. She is just a major ick
My guess is they got news today about something that was the final straw ? Not even 24 hours ago she posted about working on branding? View attachment 2770512
Maybe Mummy & Daddy were sick of bailing them out with those stupid deals. Ellie is thick as a plank and oblivious to the real world - lives in her own wee bubble and wouldn’t know real work if it hit her in the face. I’m sure she will be back working for daddy when she returns from Sydney

Reactions: 11
I actually thought they had said or implied the warehouse was at the family’s property but I’m obviously wrong about that. It seemed close by anyway. I don’t remember her mentioning anything about needing to be out of it that part seems sudden too
My guess is the warehouse lease was coming up for renewal and that was deciding factor. I feel sad for them, it’s always hard to make that decision.

Reactions: 9
I think that if Ellie starts another business Brett should stay out of it, do his own thing because she will truck it up like she did this one.
The more I think about it the more pissed off I am at her. All the stupid ideas (the main one being the rebrand/ blue and the double wicks) would have been hers. If there's proof out there that they were not her ideas then I apologise but I am still putting blame on her (and Brett too) for letting her walk all over him and his business.
She's a trucking liability.
ALSO I don't know if he's going to Sydney but if he's not its a bit grim her going off and leaving him behind to pick up all the pieces and grieve alone.
Rant over.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
As if this scabby mutt couldn’t get any fucken scabbier! Promoting online gambling? What the actual duck? There should be rules against this!
---

That’s how much of a TC she is. Can’t even tell the difference between an Ice block and Ice cream😂😂😂😂
I thought there was rules about this? Omg! How scabby can you be
---
This has made me so irrationally mad at her, all the posts about it “our baby” and “our business” but a year or so ago it was 100% Brett’s ‘baby’. I definitely reckon the rebranding was the final straw in a long series of business mistakes.
I remember last year her saying they had a business mentor? So maybe that person gave them really bad advice 🥴

Reactions: 8
I thought there was rules about this? Omg! How scabby can you be
---

I remember last year her saying they had a business mentor? So maybe that person gave them really bad advice 🥴
I know Brett did a course through the Ice House last year, not exactly a great advertisement for them 😬
---
Good Morning MFM who definitely doesn’t read here 🙄

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
I know Brett did a course through the Ice House last year, not exactly a great advertisement for them 😬
---
Good Morning MFM who definitely doesn’t read here 🙄
The sandwich is the only thing in that lunchbox that has any lasting energy, for nutritional value. Cucumber and grapes are great for health but won't keep you full or give much energy. Nothing in popcorn, its a gap filler, the biscuits will give a sugar high then a crash. No wonder those kids are mopey and tired. They have no energy because their fuel is tit.

Reactions: 12
I wouldn't blame Icehouse, their mentor had to show them how to make a cash flow forecast which is a basic business document- it means they were just spending money blindly without knowing when they had funds coming in.
I don't think they're in as bad of a position as they could be. If they're winding it down themselves for 2 months, they likely have some liquidity to do so, otherwise it would be an immediate shutting of the doors. Unfortunately, their Briscoes business strategy hasn't worked- why pay full price when you know that they're going on sale soon? That would've cut into their profits and goes against the 'artisan luxury' they were trying to portray.

Reactions: 7
Maybe they made the decision to close due to it not taking off like they thought? Another 2 year (?) lease on a unit when the business is causing them stress, no one has extra money for fancy candles, and no one buys them over summer when doors and windows are open the the scent goes straight out.

And I'm sure plenty of people have been saving for Taylor Swift. I know that if I was going I would have put money aside ages ago. I'd definitely be not going over my limit I'd set myself though if I was in her shoes.

Plenty of people shut up their businesses and do other things... they're only in their 30s, they'll be fine.

Maybe Mummy & Daddy were sick of bailing them out with those stupid deals. Ellie is thick as a plank and oblivious to the real world - lives in her own wee bubble and wouldn’t know real work if it hit her in the face. I’m sure she will be back working for daddy when she returns from Sydney
Remember when she thought epilators were a scam. “But they frekin work!” 🫠

Attachments

• Haha
Remember when she thought epilators were a scam. “But they frekin work!” 🫠
No but actually these things are bleeping amazing. I have been using one for a month and I’m obsessed. I used to shave every day but now I use this with the added bonus that my legs are exfoliated as duck and they also stimulate your lymphatic system - I have lipoedema so that’s a godsend haha. TLDR they are great bleeping get one.

Reactions: 10
No but actually these things are bleeping amazing. I have been using one for a month and I’m obsessed. I used to shave every day but now I use this with the added bonus that my legs are exfoliated as duck and they also stimulate your lymphatic system - I have lipoedema so that’s a godsend haha. TLDR they are great bleeping get one.
Ooh I did buy one and I never used it and forgot about it but I might get it out tonight haha feels like it would take ages? Do you do it every day?
---
Have a gooooooood time business destroyer.:rolleyes:
View attachment 2771867
This made me cackle haha, business destroyer :ROFLMAO:

In saying that, Brett has just posted they've had 600 orders overnight, if we assume each order was $60 minimum, that's $36,000! That'll keep Ellie's shopping addiction afloat for a few days

• Wow
Ooh I did buy one and I never used it and forgot about it but I might get it out tonight haha feels like it would take ages? Do you do it every day?
---

In saying that, Brett has just posted they've had 600 orders overnight, if we assume each order was $60 minimum, that's $36,000! That'll keep Ellie's shopping addiction afloat for a few days
Maybe they aren’t closing, maybe it was a marketing plan to drive sales 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Haha
---

Imagine if it’s all a scheme, they aren’t closing but wanted a boost in sales.. one week later they have a video “thanks to your support we are going to give it another year blah blah…..” wouldn’t be surprised at that either.
---
Maybe they aren’t closing, maybe it was a marketing plan to drive sales 🤷🏻‍♀️
Oh snap hahaha

Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.