NZ Influencers #53

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don’t feel sorry for Abielle closing. So many dumb decisions were made. They live in the pockets of her parents, this won’t be a real struggle for them at all - not like most of us who have to sort our own tit out without the security of others who have the means to put a roof over our head and give us our old job back…

Reactions: 24
So weird that abeille survived covid but didn’t survive Ellie coming on board full time and the rebrand….

• Haha
Reactions: 29
I don’t feel sorry for them at all. That’s what happens when an entitled brat who has had their entire life given to them in a silver platter decides to ‘run’ a business.
Abellie is a failure because of Brett and Ellie. They said themselves that the beeswax was a byproduct of the family business, they would of had contacts for packaging, fragrance, jars, stickers etc through Manuka south and they wasted it all away due to poor business decisions.
At least they don’t have a mortgage to worry about 🤣 one pro to bludging off your parents in your 30s.

Reactions: 21
Give it a day (or a few) and Ellie will be off for retail therapy to make herself feel better about her terrible situation 🫠 with the inclusion of a bought coffee, maybe a breakfast out or lunch. It’s just been a really tough time, so nothing like some retail therapy and yummy comfort food to really turn things around again 😂 she’s too thick to see the irony of her ways.
I am just waiting for her to be the first #spon of the Mowbray ivf charity. It feels like it’s all leading to that!

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
Pretty sure what Flappy flap pants really meant to say was “I didn’t want children” 😂
She was SO adamant she didn’t want to start a family yet/was way too focussed on her business, for such a long time! Def must have been unplanned 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 9
Why does Rebecca’s latest ad show her parking the car and putting the brake on? Also, surprise surprise her car is filthy

Reactions: 2
Why does Rebecca’s latest ad show her parking the car and putting the brake on? Also, surprise surprise her car is filthy
I’m more concerned about the child in the back talking about vacuum bags (while she’s showing the inside of the fridge)… is that a child? No idea. Weird.

Reactions: 1
Nothing major could have happened at all regarding the business. Sometimes when companies close down it is very sudden even though they have know for a while it’s not making money. Rent from the warehouse would have been high. I don’t know how they would keep up with IRD and tax as that kills small business. It would be interesting to see if they actually have ‘closed down’ or gone into voluntary liquidation.

Give it a day (or a few) and Ellie will be off for retail therapy to make herself feel better about her terrible situation 🫠 with the inclusion of a bought coffee, maybe a breakfast out or lunch. It’s just been a really tough time, so nothing like some retail therapy and yummy comfort food to really turn things around again 😂 she’s too thick to see the irony of her ways.
I am just waiting for her to be the first #spon of the Mowbray ivf charity. It feels like it’s all leading to that!
She’s going to Sydney tomorrow for yet another girls trip so she’ll be fine I’m sure.

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 14
Her pie fetish too remember

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Ooft, while it was obvious Abielle wasn't going to last a lot longer, I didn't expect them to close this suddenly with zero warning. Something significant must have happened overnight/this morning, with my prime suspicions being:
A) They made very few sales on the first day of that promo (likely) despite the huge amount of prizes, which prior to the re-brand was really successful for increasing sales, so that not working meant they just want to give up...
or B) They've found out about some sort of investigation into complaints about their product quality/product safety/advertising practices or even just an investigation by somewhere like IRD/WorkSafe/ACC/etc, that is making them really anxious... like something around the fire hazards of the double wicks, or the (illegal) way they originally ran the lottery ticket ring give aways, or false advertising ('environmentally friendly' is a complete joke), or a combination of multiple complaints.

Personally feel like it's a combination of both... it just doesn't make sense to ENTIRELY walk away from the business and product if Bretts put in that much time 'perfecting' the candles, instead of just significantly downsizing and going back to basics, only having themselves as staff, and having a much smaller workspace.... But in saying that, it really wouldn't surprise me if all their mistakes/white lies/cheap redesign/overpricing before backtracking/etc/etc lost a lot of their previously loyal customers, making it not worth running at all... I have tried a couple of their candles years ago and actually loved them, but there was no way I could continue to support them when their core values were lost and everything went tits up... and more than anything, I can't support a business that cries about how little profit they're making and how hard running a business is, while simultaneously buying completely unnecessary wasteful shite you already have excessive amounts of every single day!?!

Maybe this will be the wakeup call Ellie needs to sort her spending out, because I can't see her wanting a 'real job'. And please dear god, don't start a new business just because you can, with zero business strategy...
I feel like you’ve hit the nail on the head with this “ support a business that cries about how little profit they're making and how hard running a business is, while simultaneously buying completely unnecessary wasteful shite you already have excessive amounts of every single day!?!”. Ellie has a lot to learn re perception - go ahead and do what you want, but if you’re going to post it, don’t cry poor on your business page.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I feel like you’ve hit the nail on the head with this “ support a business that cries about how little profit they're making and how hard running a business is, while simultaneously buying completely unnecessary wasteful shite you already have excessive amounts of every single day!?!”. Ellie has a lot to learn re perception - go ahead and do what you want, but if you’re going to post it, don’t cry poor on your business page.
Especially when so many people are ACTUALLY doing it tough it’s very hard to support them or feel much sympathy tbh.

Reactions: 8
Damn can’t even see if they’re in liquidation as they’re under another name on companies register. Anyone know 😆

nevermind I found it and not appearing to be in any trouble

Reactions: 4
This lady irritates me with her god complex. These weren’t being “thrown away”, they were donated to an op shop. She always goes on about how she’s saving so much clothes from landfill etc when the stuff she buys would just be bought by other people, not be sent to landfill. Like you do you with your business but no need for the whole god complex thing she does.
She has been discussed on here before and often comments on some influencers posts on her business page.
I see nothing wrong with her defending given so many people are salty as f about her and what she does. She's open and literally is a reseller? Not problemental and isn't an influencer

Reactions: 1
Danni’s post- Do you think some people just post to wind her up? I’m a mum but never have I pushed my ideas onto someone else. I’m probably more judgemental about parents who have kids and wonder why the F they did! 😂
I’ve had multiple women tell me they aren’t having children and/or don’t have children and I don’t care! I don’t preach to them at all. I’d probably make more comments about someone’s health and lifestyle before I’d comment about a person being child free 🤣
---
Damn can’t even see if they’re in liquidation as they’re under another name on companies register. Anyone know 😆
Wouldn’t be up if they announced it. Liquidations take time. However, they are also a very small business in the scope of big liquidations. I can’t imagine they are just closing without debt. I know taxes on small business alone are massive. Rent etc however if they were barely paying anyone a wage, using her parents honey? they may have been scrapping by.

Reactions: 4
I don’t feel one bit sorry for Ellie or Brett. Both a pair of spoilt brats with Brett hitting the jackpot marrying Ellie. Shes living out of the pocket of her rich mummy and daddy. She will be more than fine

Reactions: 9
Danni’s post- Do you think some people just post to wind her up? I’m a mum but never have I pushed my ideas onto someone else. I’m probably more judgemental about parents who have kids and wonder why the F they did! 😂
I’ve had multiple women tell me they aren’t having children and/or don’t have children and I don’t care! I don’t preach to them at all. I’d probably make more comments about someone’s health and lifestyle before I’d comment about a person being child free 🤣
---

Wouldn’t be up if they announced it. Liquidations take time. However, they are also a very small business in the scope of big liquidations. I can’t imagine they are just closing without debt. I know taxes on small business alone are massive. Rent etc however if they were barely paying anyone a wage, using her parents honey? they may have been scrapping by.
I wonder if it’s a cashflow issue? Too many bills coming due and not enough revenue to cover them.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.