Notsosmugnow

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
You really can’t control what people say about you- it’s madness to even try.

Reactions: 2
Did she put on stories that she came on here and got blocked?
Yes, although, genuine question, why did she get blocked? Not sure I get why she’d not be allowed to come on here and post, she wasn’t ranting or anything.

Reactions: 1
Apparently. Shame she got blocked so quickly as it could have been a reasonable discussion. Unlike some of the other threads on Tattle, it isn’t vitriol - ok there’s an occasional ‘nasty’ post about her hair or appearance which most of us wouldn’t condone, it’s mainly just people who don’t like the messages she gives out to her followers and think she shouldn’t be allowed to do this unchecked e.g. an overall impression of resenting the time she spends with her kids, the perpetual ‘woe is me’, and then calling out the irresponsible things such as going to McDonalds drive through when you should be isolating… And a genuine concern for the future wellbeing of children whose parents have allowed their childhoods to be displayed on the internet for all to see. Unless it got nasty or out of hand (which it doesn’t), I’d call it constructive feedback!

Reactions: 4
Yes, although, genuine question, why did she get blocked? Not sure I get why she’d not be allowed to come on here and post, she wasn’t ranting or anything.
I really don't know why. She said cos of "spam".... but I don't get it. Jack Monroe appeared for a while on her own thread (although it did get a bit weird) but she was allowed. Some of PTWM's ex's family appeared on her thread and they were allowed... I don't know....

There are actually v few people that comment here about her - just a few people that want to vent about her Instagram persona. She has a following of hundreds of thousands - why does she care what a handful of people think who are commenting on a forum, not on her feed.

She wants to get a grip. She must have friends and family who can help if she's not feeling well. Illness sucks but they will get better. It's not like anyone's in hospital or anyone has died. Maybe I'm extra mardy having suffered four bereavements in recent months but I'm not the one posting videos of me crying about it.

Also, she is sitting IN a McDonald's and rambling about buying McFlurries. Surely she doesn't have her covid positive kids with her?!
They’ve got covid. Who can help?

They’ve got covid. Who can help?
It presume it was said in response to her feeling she had to go to McDonalds to get food. Judging by the number of birthday parties she had, she’s not short of real life friends. Surely they’d all be falling over themselves to leave home cooked food on the doorstep for her. Appreciate she can’t get physical help in the house with the kids, but they don’t need much input really, not like they’re toddlers!

Came here after her stories. How self obsessed does she seem, this is hardly an active thread and most of the stuff isn’t even that bad! I don’t think going to the drive thru is the heinous crime others do (the staff wear a mask, she could have worn a mask, are we all covid perfect no we aren’t) but it’s a dick move when she can easily Uber eats it or whatever. She’s making out there’s pages and pages of comments about her… Cat love there really isn’t. 17 pages over MONTHS, honestly you’re just seeking it out!

Came here after her stories. How self obsessed does she seem, this is hardly an active thread and most of the stuff isn’t even that bad! I don’t think going to the drive thru is the heinous crime others do (the staff wear a mask, she could have worn a mask, are we all covid perfect no we aren’t) but it’s a dick move when she can easily Uber eats it or whatever. She’s making out there’s pages and pages of comments about her… Cat love there really isn’t. 17 pages over MONTHS, honestly you’re just seeking it out!
I’m over the fact that she went to the drive thru - probably not the biggest risk in the world to take, albeit still putting someone else at unnecessary risk - but what I do care about is that she gives a message to 40,000-odd people that it’s ok to interpret Covid rules however she wants. If you’re a public figure/influencer/whatever you call yourself, surely you have a duty to share responsible behaviour on your public profile? Fine, do whatever you want in private, but don’t share it with thousands of people, many of who ARE easily influenced by pages they follow on Instagram. What this pandemic does not need, is several thousand folk thinking “well if Cat Sims can do it, so can I…”

Reactions: 3
I don’t mind her, there’s nothing about her I feel I want to comment on and seeing as her thread was almost dead in the water I’d say a lot felt the same way.

What does irritate me is any influencer thinking they can come onto their thread and attempt to change the narrative, an AMA event for them to control, Jack Monroe did exactly this and it was a car crash.

I've just popped into this to have a read what all the fuss is about. FFS isn't quite as bad as I thought it was going to be. Dram Queen!

Basically don’t go to the drive thru with COVID symptoms. Don’t go anywhere with COVID symptoms except a test centre. She can bleat on about trolling but she fucked up and did it in front of all her followers, some of who might actually think she’s correct and do the same. She’s such an over privileged, spoilt little girl. Boo bleeping hoo cat, grow up and STAY AT HOME.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I would not even have come on here if she had not mentioned it - had not heard it it before. I really agree with a lot of the posts here.
Cat is so self-absorbed, it is crazy. And everything is “woe is me”.

Reactions: 5
Her other insta mates, Kids and the Commute, Mum and a Mic and MamaStillGotIt are also really nauseating.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Her other insta mates, Kids and the Commute, Mum and a Mic and MamaStillGotIt are also really nauseating.
I find kids and the commute quite relatable. But Mum And A Mic and Mamas still got it are both privileged middle class bored house wives who add wine drinking to every reel because ‘omg kids are like sooo stressful’.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.