Northern Ireland #7 Forget armoured cars, tanks n guns …Just deliver the £600 funds

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:

Does this mean they suspect foul play or is it just the done thing when they don't know the timeline of events?
That’s what I wondered, they usually just say foul play is not suspected if there’s an obvious cause so maybe they’ll wait till the post-mortem to comment further.

Reactions: 3
God help them.
Think they're using unexplained because they don't know the details, usually no foul play is the other.
Could be anything from a hit and run to a tragic accident.
Whats all this strep stuff?

God help them.
Think they're using unexplained because they don't know the details, usually no foul play is the other.
Could be anything from a hit and run to a tragic accident.
Whats all this strep stuff?
An outbreak of Strep A has killed 7 children in England Mavis. At least one of those deaths was preventable, the hospital didn’t put the child on an IV antibiotic in time. Scary stuff. Symptoms are similar to a cold/flu so can be difficult to spot. They’re putting it down to lack of exposure to common viruses during lockdown. It’s the same bacteria which causes Scarlet Fever, they’ve already announced there’s an outbreak of that doing the rounds in NI.

Reactions: 4

Ah jeez the description of him just broke me
His father had got him a tool box for Christmas 😢💔 I finished my kids Christmas presents at the weekend, the thought that they’d never get to open them doesn’t bear thinking about. That’s a lovely tribute by the school 😢

Does this mean they suspect foul play or is it just the done thing when they don't know the timeline of events?
@imaginedragon I think you left your profile pic on this post? Just a heads up. Admin will delete it for you if you want.

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Heart
An outbreak of Strep A has killed 7 children in England Mavis. At least one of those deaths was preventable, the hospital didn’t put the child on an IV antibiotic in time. Scary stuff. Symptoms are similar to a cold/flu so can be difficult to spot. They’re putting it down to lack of exposure to common viruses during lockdown. It’s the same bacteria which causes Scarlet Fever, they’ve already announced there’s an outbreak of that doing the rounds in NI.
The count has risen to 8 ,I don’t know how they’re saying it’s lack of mixing when schools have been back for a long time , and stayed open for key workers kids throughout.
https://news.sky.com/story/eighth-c...nts-warned-to-watch-out-for-symptoms-12762375Eighth child dies after Strep A infection - as parents warned to watch out for symptoms
1670280744796.png

Last edited:
  • Sad
Interesting. I have chemists in the family who believe this was on the cards, over sanitising and disinfecting isn't great news for the immune system.
Last winter we were doing that plus masks.

⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠
Mum has posted blaming the PSNI

Reactions: 5
I see Matthew’s mother has posted on Facebook criticising the police response. She said it was the community in Fintona that gathered the cctv evidence and tried to piece things together.

Reactions: 7
Interesting. I have chemists in the family who believe this was on the cards, over sanitising and disinfecting isn't great news for the immune system.
Last winter we were doing that plus masks.

⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠
Mum has posted blaming the PSNI
Yeah but kids never wore masks and mixed freely at school, it’s bacterial so passed through the respiratory track more than touch .

Heartbreaking
It’s like poor Noah all over again.

Reactions: 6
This is going to be a handling, that community doesn't like the police. The area itself is a no go for cops.

12 hours is really too long when a child’s involved. These things are time critical. If he was my child I’d be angry too.

Reactions: 8
This is going to be a handling, that community doesn't like the police. The area itself is a no go for cops.
I saw a post on twitter earlier during the search and it did seem like PSNI and other search and rescue teams were out.
And it seemed like a mixed community given it was running that from a church of Ireland hall. I wonder what happened that she blames the police specifically.
1670282580573.png

Reactions: 1
I saw a post on twitter earlier during the search and it did seem like PSNI and other search and rescue teams were out.
And it seemed like a mixed community given it was running that from a church of Ireland hall. I wonder what happened that she blames the police specifically.
View attachment 1785462
She's not from Fintona. Believe me the community they come from hate the police, it's like walking onto the falls on st Patrick's day. I'd read her post as lashing out in grief though. Remember the greenvale tragedy is still in many peoples minds and that too had a police element, all of these kids live a stones throw away from one another.

She's not from Fintona. Believe me the community they come from hate the police, it's like walking onto the falls on st Patrick's day. I'd read her post as lashing out in grief though. Remember the greenvale tragedy is still in many peoples minds and that too had a police element, all of these kids live a stones throw away from one another.
The woman will be absolutely demented tonight. My heart breaks for her. The grief is def making her lash out. Needing someone to blame. It’s horrendous for her.
I did think it weird that the bbc news never covered it - but then again every day you have missing teens etc on Facebook and a few hours later the PSNI put a post up saying they have been found - I expect they can’t send a search party out for every single one…but equally… this is was the middle of the night, 3/4 degrees & out of character…. - it’s very hard to say what should or shouldn’t have been done. Nothing will bring him back. As a mother I am in bits tonight thinking of it. I feel so bad for his mother.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
5 year old girl has died from strep A in Belfast.

I'm finding the police situation with Matthew odd. I notice PSNI sharing missing children posts a lot, mostly habitual absconders who have SS involvement and it is them who ask police to share, both agencies are covering themselves and it is left at a SM post, there is nothing to "we are growing increasingly concerned" no searches, nothing.
Matthew wasn't a "troubled child" nor was Noah, their mothers knew something was very off but the police refused to take them seriously, doing the bare minimum putting a post on SM and leaving communities to do the leg work. That's not OK. Could either of these boys been saved? I actually understand the anger.
If this was a primary school aged girl would they have waited, I don't think so. There's an element of boys will be boys to this and teenagers ah what are they like. These lads had no history, they came from loving homes, both were adored, they were the centre of their parents lives, honestly it has just wrecked me, I strongly believe they were let down by our police service.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.